As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video games must be destroyed with a Giant Bomb.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I'm considering making a thread about it for G&T since we shut down the industry thread, but eeeeeehhhhhh

The few sexism threads in G&T have been really good for the most part, but there really does seem to be a huge portion of the board who get incredibly defensive about it. I can't imagine the balancing act the mods have to play in order to maintain civil discussion on stuff like this.

No I don't.
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    What will more likely happen is games again become taboo and we all slink back into our dungeons, like in The Mission

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    When will I get my Wetrix sequel

Not until I get my Rocket: Robot on Wheels sequel.
    Your lack of appreciation for moisture-based puzzle games is disheartening.

I'll show you a moisture-based puzzle game.

That innuendo sounded better in my head.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Like seriously
    terrorism
    [ter-uh-riz-uh m] noun
    the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

These people are literal terrorists. Don't we have huge-ass agencies dedicated to fucking these people up?

• Options
    Paladin wrote: »
    I want to thank you guys, and the moderators, for making this a place where we don't have to put up with this kind of shit.

It sickens me what is going on right now. We've gone from harassment to active destruction of livelihoods and lives. All because some assholes could stand being told they need to act with some more respect. Just what the fuck.

Of course, there could always be some 4channers lurking this thread as we speak

And if they post their heinous, fucked up shit, our kickass moderates will drop them like a fucking box of rocks.

Our mods don't fuck around with the long-time, active participants. You'd better believe they'd get medieval on some lurkers who decided to start some shit.

I think they've moved beyond just posting

On this forum?

Be ready to change your passwords

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Like seriously
    terrorism
    [ter-uh-riz-uh m] noun
    the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

These people are literal terrorists. Don't we have huge-ass agencies dedicated to fucking these people up?

Probably, if we can convince them /v/ is based entirely out of the Middle East

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Like seriously
    terrorism
    [ter-uh-riz-uh m] noun

"Policing the Internet" used to be a term that instilled fear but lately it just sounds like the best idea ever.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Like seriously
    terrorism
    [ter-uh-riz-uh m] noun

There's no oil in 4chan

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Because a handful of women and the one or two prominent dudes that defend them isn't going to get s lot of coverage.

Already some sites are reporting that fish left twitter as part of him being a drama queen and not because hackers are actively threatening his livelihood.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    In news that has made me incredibly happy, the latest FF14 patch lets you dye your chocobos by feeding it certain fruits.

I'm aiming for a cyan-colored one.

http://i.imgur.com/WoeVxAr.png

Like that.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Like seriously
    terrorism
    [ter-uh-riz-uh m] noun

"Policing the Internet" used to be a term that instilled fear but lately it just sounds like the best idea ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLYo5tMylQM

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm happy Samantha Kalman and Zoe Quinn are soldiering on. I completely understand Phil Fish and Samanthan Allen's desire to get out of the business/decry it as doomed and cannot blame them one bit, I can't imagine what they've been through.

But I dunno I'd like to believe that eventually the rad indie devs and the new fans/creators they bring in will outnumber the horrific monsters and there will be significant change. Obviously this is an INCREDIBLY simplistic view and optimistic to the point of almost being naive but I try to be optimistic about most things and want to believe it can get better.

I think a really big problem right now is that there's not a lot of financial support for indie stuff, it's in a perpetual state of scraping by with little money and little promotion

that sounds contradictory to the increasing support for indie games from the console manufacturers but the kind of stuff and people you see spotlighted by them is different from the more niche stuff you only see promoted on twitter and small blogs, which ends up being left behind. liz ryerson wrote a good article about it here: http://ellaguro.blogspot.ca/2014/06/indie-entitlement.html

there was a lot of energy when this movement started surging around 2010, but it's 2014 now and people are becoming increasingly exhausted. my worry is that this indie surge will just be remembered as a historical blip. I think for it to survive it needs proactive support from larger websites and platform holders, because it's sure as heck getting proactive hindrance

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    In news that has made me incredibly happy, the latest FF14 patch lets you dye your chocobos by feeding it certain fruits.

Like that.

I'd be happier if it wasn't for the real possibility the cost of the necessary fruits will skyrocket.

I've been wanting a stuffed Moogle on my table forever and the damn thing hasn't dropped below 170k.

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    I'm happy Samantha Kalman and Zoe Quinn are soldiering on. I completely understand Phil Fish and Samanthan Allen's desire to get out of the business/decry it as doomed and cannot blame them one bit, I can't imagine what they've been through.

But I dunno I'd like to believe that eventually the rad indie devs and the new fans/creators they bring in will outnumber the horrific monsters and there will be significant change. Obviously this is an INCREDIBLY simplistic view and optimistic to the point of almost being naive but I try to be optimistic about most things and want to believe it can get better.

I think a really big problem right now is that there's not a lot of financial support for indie stuff, it's in a perpetual state of scraping by with little money and little promotion

that sounds contradictory to the increasing support for indie games from the console manufacturers but the kind of stuff and people you see spotlighted by them is different from the more niche stuff you only see promoted on twitter and small blogs, which ends up being left behind. liz ryerson wrote a good article about it here: http://ellaguro.blogspot.ca/2014/06/indie-entitlement.html

there was a lot of energy when this movement started surging around 2010, but it's 2014 now and people are becoming increasingly exhausted. my worry is that this indie surge will just be remembered as a historical blip. I think for it to survive it needs proactive support from larger websites and platform holders, because it's sure as heck getting proactive hindrance

how about corporate ownership

• Options
    edited August 2014

Like that.

I'd be happier if it wasn't for the real possibility the cost of the necessary fruits will skyrocket.

I've been wanting a stuffed Moogle on my table forever and the damn thing hasn't dropped below 170k.

Thankfully, the PA guild is able to harvest plenty of the fruits and will sell them to guild members for a much, much more reasonable price than is on the market.

And all payments for the fruit will go into the guild bank.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Latest Phil Fish tweet:
    i would like to announce that POLYTRON and the FEZ IP are now for sale. no reasonable offer will be turned down. i am done. i want out.

OH BABY

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Again

Maybe not the best time to talk about snagging Fez for cheap

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    Latest Phil Fish tweet:
    i would like to announce that POLYTRON and the FEZ IP are now for sale. no reasonable offer will be turned down. i am done. i want out.

OH BABY

This is in response to having his private info hacked and spread around on his company website. Oh, and he deleted his twitter.

Remember when Phil made an awesome game and the internet was working to solve all the puzzles and he brought joy to people? Yeah, that person is now dead inside.

No I don't.
  • Options

Like that.

Thankfully, the PA guild is able to harvest plenty of the fruits and will sell them to guild members for a much, much more reasonable price than is on the market.

And all payments for the fruit will go into the guild bank.

FFXIV is honestly the best Final Fantasy experience I've had in maybe a decade, but I feel I wouldn't be playing the game nearly as often as I am now if it weren't for our terrific Free Company.

Quite possibly the best online community I've ever been proud to be a part of.

(no offense)

• Options
    Again

Oh god, I just had a horrible though. What if the asshole brigade put together enough money for this?

• Options
    Again

Oh god, I just had a horrible though. What if the asshole brigade put together enough money for this?
    ....he would turn them down?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Again

He'd probably sell it to them

• Options
    i wonder just how reasonable phil fish means when he says reasonable offers considered for the fez ip...............

@T4CT‌ this is your time

this is where your spending habits have all been leading to

BUT LIKE ACTUALLY, RIGHT

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Something that's been boiling in the back of my mind as this has all escalated is something that happened to me a few years ago in WoW. I was an officer in an RP guild, and then I was an officer in a raid guild, and during that time people decided they hated me. I don't know who they were, and I don't know why they did, because they did not ever tell me. Instead they harassed me on alts, and on forums, and at one point even found me in another online game to harass me there. When it got out that I was bisexual I received homophobic slurs and was accused of allotting gear based on cybersex favours. This harassment continued on and off for the course of over a year, and I never even knew what it was over. That was microscopic compared to what is happening now, and I spent a year being occasionally surprised by hatred in my mail. How long will these shitheels hold onto this?

This hobby has so many people in it who simply want to do this. It won't matter how much they're condemned and it won't matter how many big names tell them it's unacceptable. It doesn't matter if what they do becomes socially unacceptable - even beyond the already illegal ways it is now. The people who are being harassed now will continue to be harassed until the people doing so lose the ability to do so. The gaming community houses sociopaths, and they are enabled and empowered by the culture. Unless they are exposed and forcibly removed they will continue to fester inside it, or they will consume it.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Also one thing is certain

Phil Fish needs that Buckfast now more than ever

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Again

If they were just shitheels yeah probably

But I think selling the franchise to people that literally stole every scrap of private financial info you had and then posted it to be pillaged is something even angry Fish wouldn't do

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

I wonder if Fish will even show up at Giant Bomb stuff anymore?

• Options

I think he will

He was showing up even after ge announced he was leaving games and truly enjoys the GB crew

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mike you're uh

Kinda way too excited about this

It's a little ghoulish dogg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Someone has spent the last few years copying almost every single thing I say into a Pastebin account which he would lord over to his fellow online chums, all because of a beef that started maybe five or more years ago with Left 4 Dead. I'm not certain if he continues this today, but I also wouldn't be surprised.

That doesn't compare one iota to what anyone else has or still is going through, but it still ended up creeping me right the fuck out.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Again

But I think selling the franchise to people that literally stole every scrap of private financial info you had and then posted it to be pillaged is something even angry Fish wouldn't do

It's poetically thematic, he's unstable

What better and more everlasting way to sink games as an art form than to corrupt and pervert a beloved work

• Options

I think he will

He was showing up even after ge announced he was leaving games and truly enjoys the GB crew

I think he'd like to all else being equal

but at this point who knows if such an appearance triggers another hack

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Again

Well, to be fair, how would Fish even know if they were the same group of assholes?

• Options

I think he will

Well if they hacked Giant Bomb that would get the attention of CBS, a massive, massive company so

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mike you're uh

Well my actual idea was to buy the IP and then let Phil fish secret do it while I take all the public flak for it

• Options
    These people aren't stupid. Whoever is hacking is pointing fingers right now. They're not going to try and hack giant bomb.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Mike you're uh

Well my actual idea was to buy the IP and then let Phil fish secret do it while I take all the public flak for it

Well cats out of the bag on that one now :P

• Options

I think he will

Well if they hacked Giant Bomb that would get the attention of CBS, a massive, massive company so

I mean of phil fish

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The internet's being pretty fucked and the whole nation seems to be crumbling all over, if you couldn't pretty obviously put together than I don't really want to buy the IP then I don't know what to tell ya

• Options
    Mike ,you're uh

Well I doubt Fish would even wanna do that but y'know

I was just thrown off by OH BABY in response to his tweet

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.