As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny! Give me your gamertags!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Eeeeh ridiculously is a bit much

Like they are big, for sure, but not big enough that I'm pleased, if it is true? That there are just 5 of them

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    jeff gerstmann at giant bomb seems like he has a lot of the same reservations that i do about it so i'm really waiting on a review or quicklook or heck even the bombcast to lemme know what's what

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    THE UPS MAN CAME

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also there are separate multiplayer maps that are different.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I have that DVD....

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Mr. G seems to be confirming some fears about the full game

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    here's a question

does the line "that wizard came from the moon" feel indicative of the tone of the game

like is it just sort of silly but also self-serious in a fun way or is it more straight-faced than that

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    jeff gerstmann at giant bomb seems like he has a lot of the same reservations that i do about it so i'm really waiting on a review or quicklook or heck even the bombcast to lemme know what's what

I'm expecting the bombcast to be pretty pessimistic, they only played a couple missions past the beta stuff before recording it

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    here's a question

does the line "that wizard came from the moon" feel indicative of the tone of the game

like is it just sort of silly but also self-serious in a fun way or is it more straight-faced than that

It is not in the game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    here's a question

It is not in the game

no i know it's not

i'm just saying, is that the kind of vibe the game is going for

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    here's a question

It is not in the game

no i know it's not

i'm just saying, is that the kind of vibe the game is going for

I think the fact that they cut it out tells you what you need to know

It's very wide-eyed and self-serious

I've played for 3 or 4 hours and don't think I've heard a single joke besides the occasional "oh great" style quip from Dinklagebot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I didn't walk away from the beta feeling like the game was only going to be worth it if there was 20x more content.

Where does that mentality come from? If the beta was boring why on earth would the full game not be?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Apparently it's barely a story?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Basically speed we should get this game in a year when it's 25 bucks and has a bunch more content

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man you guys I don't really know anymore
    I got to take stock

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I feel like this is gonna go straight into assassin's creed territory where everyone has legit bones to pick with it but I'm still over here running across rooftops going "this is so fun though!"

But I guess I didn't really expect much from this game other than some good shooting and playing loot dress up for awhile

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just going to say you definitely have not seen all the enemy types in the beta

There are two other alien species which never show up in the beta

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I would say, in terms of the scope and scale of the game versus expectations, wait and see what people make of things like the Vault of Glass (which doesn't become available to try and crack until next week) before passing judgement about its content. It's being treated as a MMO yes, but then it's not doing either monthly subscription fees or a FTP model with all the income being from microtransactions. Might not be enough for some, sure, but you might find more here than it sounds like.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    All this OH THERE'S BARELY A STORY stuff is kinda dumb

I really like the setting they created and while it isn't super in depth or nuanced I have been liking the story perfectly fine

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I made a Warlock Exo

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    All this OH THERE'S BARELY A STORY stuff is kinda dumb

I really like the setting they created and while it isn't super in depth or nuanced I have been liking the story perfectly fine

Obviously I haven't played this yet but I think Bungie is really great at world-building

• Options
    The idea of not playing as a robot is ridiculous

Of course you pick the robot!

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    OK, so I had some magic rewards points from a credit card and I may have bought this game on PS4.

We should play this game tonight, youse guys. I have no PS Friends so add me plz for shoot times.

signature.png

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Now that we've actually played the game, I'd like to kindly remind people to go into their Bungie profile and set their favorite group (*cough*) to be either their Playstation or Xbox clan.

• Options
    Oh yeah how does group stuff work in this game

And I can do it all from the game right, no website crap

Give me instructions to follow when I get home

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just finished the opening mission.

Now I have to take my son to preschool

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Oh yeah how does group stuff work in this game

And I can do it all from the game right, no website crap

Give me instructions to follow when I get home

I think it's the opposite, as I haven't found any clan screens within the game. Just go here and request an invite, then set your respective platform: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/184396

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular

Yup, just not sure if dudebot or fembot for my warlock

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I am Balefuego2 all you people who wanna get on my level

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

Hahaha who could have possibly beat you to this

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think I'm stealing people's souls??????????

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

Hahaha who could have possibly beat you to this

The original Balefuego account was made on my roommates PS3 who then moved out 2 years before I got my own PS3 and I couldn't remember the password so I had to make a new account.

There was nothing on it anyway, I basically only used it to play through his copy of Uncharted 2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

I didn't pick a robot.

The hair options for the other races are too good.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Kinda wish Exo had an option for a super fake wig.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Yo Bungie's amazing names are still in full effect

YOU MUST CHALLENGE ONE OF THE SWARM PRINCES, IN HIS BASTION NEAR THE HELLMOUTH, TO STEAL THE BLADE OF THE ABYSS

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I swear I saw something on Giant Bomb's upcoming content schedule that implied they were gonna do a launch day stream of this game

am I imagining that? it sure isn't happening right now and it's not on the upcoming schedule either

• Options
    Captain K wrote: »
    I swear I saw something on Giant Bomb's upcoming content schedule that implied they were gonna do a launch day stream of this game

am I imagining that? it sure isn't happening right now and it's not on the upcoming schedule either

Yeah, they did it yesterday.

• Options
    It happened yesterday morning

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    aw man that's a bummer

I was super interested to hear what they thought of the full game

This discussion has been closed.