As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The demo for [Super Smash Bros] for 3DS is out now! This thread has untagged SPOILERS

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The key to villager is realizing you can pocket the tree

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    If there are any spare demo codes floating around (which I assume is unlikely), I would love to smash a bro.

signature.png

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Wait a minute. You're not Jon Hamm...

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Prove it???

signature.png

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    By the by the Kid icarus Laser thingee is awful.
    You can only shoot straight forward and the beam is fairly narrow. Very easy to avoid.

Which one? The final smash, or just the standard B attack?

Did they lose the whole control-your-arrow aspect that the latter had in Brawl or what?

No, he's talking about the new 3-part item in this one. You build it then get to fire one super powerful laser.

Basically the same thing as the Dragoon except you're not guaranteed to get a kill out of it since you have to aim. Though you do have a chance to get more than one kill off of it.

I don't know how it will shake out against other people, but I wasn't having too much trouble tagging level 7 computers with it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    If there are any spare demo codes floating around (which I assume is unlikely), I would love to smash a bro.

If we're doing this asking for code thing, I wouldn't mind this either.

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    I was platinum, had a 3DS registered, and never got a code. Real sad about it too. Now I'm scouring the internet for one but they are all used. Nintendo should have just put the present box on the 3DS screen, since they knew which 3DS's had been registered anyway.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    By the by the Kid icarus Laser thingee is awful.
    You can only shoot straight forward and the beam is fairly narrow. Very easy to avoid.

Which one? The final smash, or just the standard B attack?

Did they lose the whole control-your-arrow aspect that the latter had in Brawl or what?

the item.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I am happy with smash not being like other fighting games. Because I dislike most of the fighting genre!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    When the full version gets released we should add a list of friendcodes

..also maybe an items/no items preference

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Lol at item haters. Items are king

• Options
    I have nothing against people who want to use items

I just don't want to play that way

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Items are fun sometimes but in general they make the game so chaotic that it's not really fun to me

As a palette cleanser afte a bunch of no item matches though I'm totally down for silly max frequency poke ball fights or w/e

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

There's already a list of Friend Codes in the OP

• Options

There's already a list of Friend Codes in the OP

Whoops

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    It's okay man

I get it, my OP just isn't good enough for you

It's cool

...no shut up you're crying

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Whoah, WarioMan looks

Can you pocket your own tree?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Does your 3ds friend code carry over to your Wii u or are they separate

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My 3DS friend code is 3497-0691-2891

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

Can you pocket your own tree?

not under regular circumstances

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

mine is 0104-1092-1699

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I am happy with smash not being like other fighting games. Because I dislike most of the fighting genre!

I wouldn't say I dislike it, but it's not like there's a shortage of games for people like Jeff who prefer traditional fighting games.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    well melee's still there if this game ends up sucking!!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

mine is 0104-1092-1699

Mine is 4527-9583-9380

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    well melee's still there if this game ends up sucking!!

nope, every copy of smash brothers for wiiu is printed on recycled melee discs.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    there are too many cool characters to choose a main from

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Yeah i'm really looking forward to getting hands on with the game, cus' i can't tell who will fit my playstyle just by looking at them

I mean i know my Marth is going to be upgraded to Lucina, but that's about all i can say.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    lol if you ain't playing with nothing but pokeballs and assist trophies on high
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    My brother's wife hates items and refuses to play smash unless all items are turned off.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Only Pokeballs and Bobombs spawning at Very High rates was the mode of choice for my friend and me during Melee.

It very often resulted in us doubled over from laughing too hard.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Nothing but explosives is pretty fun, too.

• Options
    Nothing but bumpers is basically Three Stooges the video game.

When someone gets trapped between two bumpers and starts cussing up a blue streak is pretty much the best thing ever.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    items are rad. I honestly can't really understand people who have to play without them. I can understand having them set to low, but off? that is alien to me.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I like both! I've been playing the demo pretty 50/50 and both are great.

Anybody else think some of the assists/Pokemon seem a little janky, even at 30 FPS? Thought Ghirahim looked kind of out of place in one match.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    My first experience with Super Smash Brothers was playing Melee with two people that hated items, or basically randomness at all. Most of the stages were banned, items were banned, even some of the characters were banned. They only played stock and every round I played was getting killed five times in a row and sitting around for 7+ minutes while they played. Basically they wanted to be "pro" players but weren't actually any good so they just got rid of everything they thought was "cheap".

If a friend of mine hadn't talked me into playing the game with him and his brother a few months later I probably would have never given the series another look.

I mean, different strokes for different folks and all that, but I never would have stuck with smash without the randomness, and probably never would have got most of my friends into it either.

Every traditional fighting game my group of friends has brought up always goes
    1. Buy game and play it fresh, everyone has a good time.
    2. Person who owns the game invariably ends up getting better than everyone else from playing the story/arcade mode/online/whatever
    3. Next time everyone is over, person who owns the game dominates everyone else and they don't have a good time, get bored and do something else.

But not Smash. Sure I'm better at the technical aspects of smash than my friend who doesn't own the game, but that doesn't matter when he sneaks up behind me and pitches a bob-bom at the back of my head. Everyone has fun, every time, and no other fighting game has gotten even close to replicating that.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    smash with items is a party game, smash without items is a fighting game

pretty simple

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I don't understand how it becomes more of a fighting game when items are removed. it just seems like it is a battle game with fewer options.

• Options
    competitive games shouldnt be determined by randomness

items introduce a lot of randomness

it's also why people hated tripping

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    do people also hate Game and Watch for having attacks with random strength?

This discussion has been closed.