As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM, a backlog story.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Yeah. War slows the game waaaaaay down. I try my best to avoid it.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I started rome 2 again.

I am really bad at total war games still.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Watched the Giantbomb Unfinished of Beyond Earth and augh I want that to be out now

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I started rome 2 again.

I played some of Shogun 2 with a friend and found I'm really good at the battles but shitty at everything else.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I started rome 2 again.

Be Roman.

Heavy Infantry everywhere.

"LEGIONS WALK OVER THERE!"

"Sir, there's barbarians in the way..."

"...WALK. OVER. THERE."

STOMP STOMP STOMP SMASH SMASH SMASH

No more barbarians.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    truly getting better at Civ V would require playing many games to completion, which I doubt anyone on god's green earth has managed more than once

I beat games of 5 all the time! Gotta round out those cheevos!

I'm broken tho, I regularly finish games of Caveman 2 Cosmos , on it's slowest time setting, because I am probably insane.

edit: damn how old was that draft

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i kind of knew this to be true but I was shocked this weekend to learn just to what extent Kerbal Space Programs physics engine is tied to dropped frames

I can make rockets on my desktop that would have crumbled on my laptop due to instability

I'm sure it's a Unity bugaboo.

But at least now I don't feel like an idiot for not being able to get to Duna on my laptop

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    I started rome 2 again.

I played some of Shogun 2 with a friend and found I'm really good at the battles but shitty at everything else.

So bad at empire management.

Taxes? Public Order?

What?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i kind of knew this to be true but I was shocked this weekend to learn just to what extent Kerbal Space Programs physics engine is tied to dropped frames

I can make rockets on my desktop that would have crumbled on my laptop due to instability

But at least now I don't feel like an idiot for not being able to get to Duna on my laptop

Whaaa?

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I started rome 2 again.

Taxes? Public Order?

What?

Taxes bad.

Public Order good.

Food good.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

Whaaa?

when KSP gets laggy, the physics go apeshit. if you drop frames your ship will try to rip itself a apart. if you have a routinely slow computer like a laptop, your ship will just be generally unstable. particularly notable on stage 1 ascents where drag plays hell on your structures

i got used to getting really conservative on my stage 1's because anything over 350m/s my stuff would just explode. on my desktop though I can double that and it won't even squirm

if you amp up your time warp setting, there is a popup that tells you something to that effect.. "warning this will break your ships because the computer can't keep up". but playing KSP on a Macbook Air is basically like playing in time warp all the time

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I think it's because the
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I started rome 2 again.

Taxes? Public Order?

What?

Taxes bad.

Public Order good.

Food good.

I just re-installed Shogun 2 yesterday and I think the issue is that the tutorials don't really do a good job breaking things down to the nuts and bolts. Once you figure out what how to understand the city management menus knowing what to do becomes a lot easier.

I think that I also had a hard time realizing just how important agents were the first time I played the game, particularly Monks (that damn trading port that starts converting the populace to Christianity can be real harsh if you don't know what you are doing).

Figuring out battles is much more straight-forward; especially once you realize that you aren't trying to kill the enemy, you are trying to make him break.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Whaaa?

when KSP gets laggy, the physics go apeshit. if you drop frames your ship will try to rip itself a apart. if you have a routinely slow computer like a laptop, your ship will just be generally unstable. particularly notable on stage 1 ascents where drag plays hell on your structures

i got used to getting really conservative on my stage 1's because anything over 350m/s my stuff would just explode. on my desktop though I can double that and it won't even squirm

if you amp up your time warp setting, there is a popup that tells you something to that effect.. "warning this will break your ships because the computer can't keep up". but playing KSP on a Macbook Air is basically like playing in time warp all the time

Well that is interesting and kind of annoying as I specifically bought a low-end game laptop with the idea of playing KSP next year. Haven't tried it much yet, just enough to know it runs okay, so no idea how much it will cripple my space adventures.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm going to start playing V:tM Bloodlines in the next couple of days, as part of October's all horror media all the time policy

I've never played before, much to my discredit, and while I've played V:tM before, it's been like seven years, so it's not exactly a clear memory

Any helpful tips or things I should know?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You'll need to pick up some combat skills at some point. That's about it though really, it's a fairly forgiving game.

• Options
    Tremere is a good race, they're pretty powerful because they have a stun power. Malkavian are a lot of fun but maybe not best for a first play through. Same for Nosferatu because you'll be stuck in sewers for a lot of it.

I am jealous. I wish I could experience that game for the first time again.

• Options
    Ventrue or Gangrel are probably the easiest for a first runthrough.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    And make multiple save slots, I think even with all the patches it was still pretty buggy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gangrel is what I played last time I did tabletop, I think

I mostly got the shit kicked out of me then

• Options
    I did brujah because I played the game kinda combat heavy the first time through.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Look the only reason you'd ever play a vampire video game or any game at all is because of sexy sparkly vampires.

J1qOdXs.png

Toreador is the only choice.

• Options
    There is like a 60 percent chance I'll just let my roommate make my character

And Toreador seems incredibly likely if I do that

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Look the only reason you'd ever play a vampire video game or any game at all is because of sexy sparkly vampires.

J1qOdXs.png

Which clothing mod is that?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Beyond Earth looks like "just" a total conversion mod for Civ V

I'm not super excited for it, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I might do another run of that game. It's been a long while.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Toreador is pretty good, mostly because Celerity is insanely powerful.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

J1qOdXs.png

Which clothing mod is that?

It's the default toreador woman's heavy outfit

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    If you are not playing Tremere you are missing out on the best Discipline.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Beyond Earth looks like "just" a total conversion mod for Civ V

I'm not super excited for it, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually

There were a lot of previews out last week, and I feel like the gist of of all them were "This looks a lot like Civ 5, but it's really not"

• Options
    Toreador are actually pretty serious shitkickers in Bloodlines. They're one of the most viable firearms classes.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Oh

I did the questionnaire thing and it wanted to put me into clan Toreador but I liked neither the default male nor the female model

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Thorn413 wrote: »
    I think it's because the
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I started rome 2 again.

Taxes? Public Order?

What?

Taxes bad.

Public Order good.

Food good.

I just re-installed Shogun 2 yesterday and I think the issue is that the tutorials don't really do a good job breaking things down to the nuts and bolts. Once you figure out what how to understand the city management menus knowing what to do becomes a lot easier.

I think that I also had a hard time realizing just how important agents were the first time I played the game, particularly Monks (that damn trading port that starts converting the populace to Christianity can be real harsh if you don't know what you are doing).

Figuring out battles is much more straight-forward; especially once you realize that you aren't trying to kill the enemy, you are trying to make him break.

Speak for yourself, I always tried to slaughter every last badguy and I would go to great lengths to cut them off from retreat so I could kill more of them.

Also, I think I wasn't quite as good at combat as I remembered being. Since we were playing co-op, in every battle we would each command about half of the forces which helps out a lot. I'd go one way and he'd go another and we'd attack at the same time, or one of us would try and feint and draw the enemy out while the other waited to attack.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    If you are not playing Tremere you are missing out on the best Discipline.

Making people puke blood is pretty gnarly but never not fun!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I a doing a bit better at rome 2 now.

WAIT SHIT THAT IS A HUGE ARMY. I'm boned.

Seriously It is turn 8 and I don't even have all of Italy under my control yet.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Tremere is the best

Tremere has the best ending also

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    actually can you even get the Camarilla ending without being Tremere

• Options
    You can get every ending with everyone.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I do not think what I liked about the original F.E.A.R. is translatable to an MMOFPS.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    I do not think what I liked about the original F.E.A.R. is translatable to an MMOFPS.

Look we gotta go kill the scary nuclear psychic devil child for some pants

We need you to be support so we can make it through the jump scares

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.