Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

ROCK BAND - mods close this please

1565759616265

Posts

  • thorpethorpe Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Strato wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cruix wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cruix wrote: »
    This game needs way more than just one Radiohead song, although, I'm ecstatic it's even there.

    I think this game needs every song.

    I agree with this 100%

    Can we start a petition?

    Probably.

    If they made every song available for download and had an iTunes-esque system they could make money. Because when things are sold for profit money is made.
    In the newest issue of GI that have an interview with some Harmonix folks and they mention this is definitely the plan, and it seems at least some of the record dompanies are down with it as a way to make extra money.

    Every song isn't going to be possible, because someone (official) needs to do the note charts, and make them good. But I'm all for as many songs as they can get.

    I dunno, couldn't you make a program that could automatically generate note charts based on the rhythm and beat? Or is that beyond technology these days, I wouldn't know.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wait, is it actually going to be announced for the wii or is this just wishful thinking?

  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    thorpe wrote: »
    Strato wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cruix wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cruix wrote: »
    This game needs way more than just one Radiohead song, although, I'm ecstatic it's even there.

    I think this game needs every song.

    I agree with this 100%

    Can we start a petition?

    Probably.

    If they made every song available for download and had an iTunes-esque system they could make money. Because when things are sold for profit money is made.
    In the newest issue of GI that have an interview with some Harmonix folks and they mention this is definitely the plan, and it seems at least some of the record dompanies are down with it as a way to make extra money.

    Every song isn't going to be possible, because someone (official) needs to do the note charts, and make them good. But I'm all for as many songs as they can get.

    I dunno, couldn't you make a program that could automatically generate note charts based on the rhythm and beat? Or is that beyond technology these days, I wouldn't know.

    You could probably make one easily enough, the question is would the results be worth playing?

    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User
    edited September 2007
    They did say that it won't all be DLC, the interview said that the bigger names (the Beatles, Zepplen, Elvis, and Springsteen where some of the ones mentioned by name) would have their own discs.

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Don't fuck with a witch Time to go VROOM!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They did say that it won't all be DLC, the interview said that the bigger names (the Beatles, Zepplen, Elvis, and Springsteen where some of the ones mentioned by name) would have their own discs.

    Where did you hear this from? And why are they so confident that they can get Zeppelin?

    XbJml1e.jpg?1
    I feel like a fucking celebrity in this town! | PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User
    edited September 2007
    They did say that it won't all be DLC, the interview said that the bigger names (the Beatles, Zepplen, Elvis, and Springsteen where some of the ones mentioned by name) would have their own discs.

    Where did you hear this from? And why are they so confident that they can get Zeppelin?
    Newest Game Informer (I'll see if it's still laying around here somewhere.

    They have an interview with some folks that Harmonix has set up as sort of a 'Music Advisory Council', including Steve Van Zandt, the head of Harmonx, and the head of MTV Games among others, and Steve is the one who mentions that the bigger names would get their own discs.

    I don't know if they've talk to anyone or where just giving examples, but the Harmonix guy did mention that having Steve around helped a lot cause, pretty much any artist they could think of, Steve had their cell phone number :)

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Don't fuck with a witch Time to go VROOM!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They did say that it won't all be DLC, the interview said that the bigger names (the Beatles, Zepplen, Elvis, and Springsteen where some of the ones mentioned by name) would have their own discs.

    Where did you hear this from? And why are they so confident that they can get Zeppelin?
    Newest Game Informer (I'll see if it's still laying around here somewhere.

    They have an interview with some folks that Harmonix has set up as sort of a 'Music Advisory Council', including Steve Van Zandt, the head of Harmonx, and the head of MTV Games among others, and Steve is the one who mentions that the bigger names would get their own discs.

    I don't know if they've talk to anyone or where just giving examples, but the Harmonix guy did mention that having Steve around helped a lot cause, pretty much any artist they could think of, Steve had their cell phone number :)

    Not so much Elvis (I'm a fan, but...odd fit for Rock Band), but if any of those other three get their own discs I'll shit a brick.

    A good brick, full of protein.

    XbJml1e.jpg?1
    I feel like a fucking celebrity in this town! | PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
  • BrueBrue Registered User
    edited September 2007
    They did say that it won't all be DLC, the interview said that the bigger names (the Beatles, Zepplen, Elvis, and Springsteen where some of the ones mentioned by name) would have their own discs.

    Where did you hear this from? And why are they so confident that they can get Zeppelin?
    Newest Game Informer (I'll see if it's still laying around here somewhere.

    They have an interview with some folks that Harmonix has set up as sort of a 'Music Advisory Council', including Steve Van Zandt, the head of Harmonx, and the head of MTV Games among others, and Steve is the one who mentions that the bigger names would get their own discs.

    I don't know if they've talk to anyone or where just giving examples, but the Harmonix guy did mention that having Steve around helped a lot cause, pretty much any artist they could think of, Steve had their cell phone number :)

    Not so much Elvis (I'm a fan, but...odd fit for Rock Band), but if any of those other three get their own discs I'll shit a brick.

    A good brick, full of protein.

    Hmm is that what differentiates good shits from bad shits?

    I guess I need more protein in my diet.

  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User
    edited September 2007
    They did say that it won't all be DLC, the interview said that the bigger names (the Beatles, Zepplen, Elvis, and Springsteen where some of the ones mentioned by name) would have their own discs.

    Where did you hear this from? And why are they so confident that they can get Zeppelin?
    Newest Game Informer (I'll see if it's still laying around here somewhere.

    They have an interview with some folks that Harmonix has set up as sort of a 'Music Advisory Council', including Steve Van Zandt, the head of Harmonx, and the head of MTV Games among others, and Steve is the one who mentions that the bigger names would get their own discs.

    I don't know if they've talk to anyone or where just giving examples, but the Harmonix guy did mention that having Steve around helped a lot cause, pretty much any artist they could think of, Steve had their cell phone number :)

    Not so much Elvis (I'm a fan, but...odd fit for Rock Band), but if any of those other three get their own discs I'll shit a brick.

    A good brick, full of protein.
    Not really an Elvis fan myself, but I think he'd be great for the 'songs everyone knows that aren't all that hard' segment of the audience.

  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A disc full of Elvis songs would get my dad to play, which is a good thing.

    Also, I just watched some footage of Detroit Rock City. Man, that song is going to be so much fun.

  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    elevature wrote: »
    wait, is it actually going to be announced for the wii or is this just wishful thinking?

    Wishful thinking

  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A disc full of Elvis songs would get my dad to play, which is a good thing.

    Also, I just watched some footage of Detroit Rock City. Man, that song is going to be so much fun.

    Link plz?

    It's on IGN, unfortunately.

    Linky

  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Why is there only one song from the 60's.

    The sixties won rock and roll.

  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Where's my AC/DC? The rights can't be that hard to get.

    I've seen back in black being belted on far too many pointless commercials.

    0WBv0.png
  • thorpethorpe Registered User
    edited September 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    elevature wrote: »
    wait, is it actually going to be announced for the wii or is this just wishful thinking?

    Wishful thinking

    Apparently Best Buy has Wii bundles available for pre-order in store, so who knows.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theResetButtontheResetButton Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    thorpe wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    elevature wrote: »
    wait, is it actually going to be announced for the wii or is this just wishful thinking?

    Wishful thinking

    Apparently Best Buy has Wii bundles available for pre-order in store, so who knows.

    Yeah, I saw those there yesterday. There are boxes taking up space on the shelf that you're supposed to bring to the cashier to pre-order. I don't know if the number of pre-orders coincide with the number of boxes they had, but there weren't very many boxes.

    Keep honking: I'm also honking.
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Put Cemetary Gates in this game.

    It seems every time I listen to my music, I find another song that would be perfect for this game.

  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited October 2007
    So...we are officially 7 weeks and 4 days from release. I wonder when/how they'll drop the rest of the info on us? Still 11 lisenced songs spots to announce, plus the rest of the bonus songs and any DLC they can make official before release. I'd also love to hear more about online play and band creation kinda stuff. What else you all looking forward to hearing about, now that the 2 major things (release date and price) taken care of?

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User
    edited October 2007
    I'm looking forward to hearing that I can take some vacation time. ;)

    burning.jpg
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Just in time for the holidays it looks like...maybe earlier I guess if it goes gold or whatever and there's no more coding to be done.

    I hope you guys all do blogs on the official site detailing what you all do on your time off. It sounds like some people are taking time off already, I guess that means their parts of the game are done?

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mainly I just want to play it. I like not knowing what I'm going to get sometimes.

    Wait, what? Black Friday? Man, I'll totally be away at my parents' place that whole weekend. :?

    Maybe I will just get the PS2 version (releasing later), make use of my PS2 guitar, and forget the online shit. Was it said that the PS2 version will have less songs?

  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Strato wrote: »
    Mainly I just want to play it. I like not knowing what I'm going to get sometimes.

    Wait, what? Black Friday? Man, I'll totally be away at my parents' place that whole weekend. :?

    Maybe I will just get the PS2 version (releasing later), make use of my PS2 guitar, and forget the online shit. Was it said that the PS2 version will have less songs?


    I think it was, I forget the article exactly, though I think it was talked about in this thread somewhere...probably back in the 70's pages or so. It was also kinda hinted that it wouldn't have co-op career mode on the ps2, just quickplay...

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not really interested in the PS2 version, but has it been said whether or not there will be a hub included in the package? Or will PS2 owners just have to go buy a multitap if they don't already have one?

    Strato, if you have a 360 or PS3, I would have to say avoid the PS2 version. I really doubt you'll see DLC on the PS2 version (and it looks like there will be a massive amount of DLC coming out).

  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    YardGnome wrote: »
    Put Cemetary Gates in this game.

    It seems every time I listen to my music, I find another song that would be perfect for this game.

    I'd lime it, but the thought of my friends singing that note, alongside the guitar part, makes me chuckle.

    :whistle: Gaaa-aaates :whistle:

    :whistle: Gaaaaaa-aaaaaaates :whistle:

    :whistle: Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates :whistle:

    fragglefart.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So...we are officially 7 weeks and 4 days from release. I wonder when/how they'll drop the rest of the info on us? Still 11 lisenced songs spots to announce, plus the rest of the bonus songs and any DLC they can make official before release. I'd also love to hear more about online play and band creation kinda stuff. What else you all looking forward to hearing about, now that the 2 major things (release date and price) taken care of?

    Bonus songs are definately a biggy for me. I also want more details on DLC. Mainly if the cost is going to be a bit more reasonable than GH2's prices. They're already going the right way by at least saying we can buy songs separately.

    Spoiler:
  • StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato, if you have a 360 or PS3, I would have to say avoid the PS2 version. I really doubt you'll see DLC on the PS2 version (and it looks like there will be a massive amount of DLC coming out).

    Yeah, probably right. I think I'm just still burned from the whole GH2 DLC non-existence, but that could have been because Harmonix was moving on, I dunno.

  • TheOne(AndOnly)TheOne(AndOnly) Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Man, I want to see some Hot for Teacher in this game, that beginning would be awesome to finally nail on expert.

    BNet USEast: Lampley | PKBlack FC:1850-1035-3335 | LoL PATheOneAndOnly
    PSN: Lqmpley | Steam: TheOne(AndOnly)
  • blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Where the fuck is my Wii version is what I want to know. :(

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Where the fuck is my Wii version is what I want to know. :(


    I dont want to buy the PS2 version.....

  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Strato wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato, if you have a 360 or PS3, I would have to say avoid the PS2 version. I really doubt you'll see DLC on the PS2 version (and it looks like there will be a massive amount of DLC coming out).

    Yeah, probably right. I think I'm just still burned from the whole GH2 DLC non-existence, but that could have been because Harmonix was moving on, I dunno.

    I think it had less to do with Harmonix moving on, and more to do with Activision being cuntrags.

  • LotharsLothars Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato, if you have a 360 or PS3, I would have to say avoid the PS2 version. I really doubt you'll see DLC on the PS2 version (and it looks like there will be a massive amount of DLC coming out).

    Yeah, probably right. I think I'm just still burned from the whole GH2 DLC non-existence, but that could have been because Harmonix was moving on, I dunno.

    I think it had less to do with Harmonix moving on, and more to do with Activision being cuntrags.

    Do you think EA will be any better though?

  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Lothars wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato, if you have a 360 or PS3, I would have to say avoid the PS2 version. I really doubt you'll see DLC on the PS2 version (and it looks like there will be a massive amount of DLC coming out).

    Yeah, probably right. I think I'm just still burned from the whole GH2 DLC non-existence, but that could have been because Harmonix was moving on, I dunno.

    I think it had less to do with Harmonix moving on, and more to do with Activision being cuntrags.

    Do you think EA will be any better though?

    When it comes to releasing extra content that they can sell on the marketplace for more money?

    No, I don't think EA will have much of a problem with this.

  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Lothars wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Strato, if you have a 360 or PS3, I would have to say avoid the PS2 version. I really doubt you'll see DLC on the PS2 version (and it looks like there will be a massive amount of DLC coming out).

    Yeah, probably right. I think I'm just still burned from the whole GH2 DLC non-existence, but that could have been because Harmonix was moving on, I dunno.

    I think it had less to do with Harmonix moving on, and more to do with Activision being cuntrags.

    Do you think EA will be any better though?

    Ahh, but MTV is actually the publisher...EA is just the distributor. It sounds like MTV has more to do/say about DLC than EA does...I hope.

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wish they would release a PC version. Not going to shell out $4-600 on a console that I have no desire for other than to play Rockband with DLC. Hate to miss out on the DLC but I've got a PS2 and an XBox that I rarely used, not going to spend a few hundred more dollars on another paperweight for one game.

    So I guess I'll end up with the PS2 version and no DLC. Woe is me.

    MOBA DOTA.
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited October 2007
    FightTest wrote: »
    So I guess I'll end up with the PS2 version and no DLC. Woe is me.

    Well, at least w/ the PS2 version you know there'll be custom charts around, if you don't mind hacks that is. Might make up for lack of DLC...

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Who knows if Rock Band will even be easily 'hacked'... and even if it is... playing a hacked-in song is pretty boring with the music just playing non-stop. You can actually get the same sensation playing along with a Youtube video of someone else's hack... minus the scoring.

    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Yah, forgot about the constant song part of it...but I'm sure people will hack it...I never underestimate 'them'.

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    All I want is a good master-recording release of anything Queen. Hammer to fall would be pretty sweet, Brighton Rock Solo for the adventurous, I Want to Break Free, Tie Your Mother Down, etc. Put something that's good and full of Freddy Mercury in.

    873342-1.png
  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    archonwarp wrote: »
    All I want is a good master-recording release of anything Queen. Hammer to fall would be pretty sweet, Brighton Rock Solo for the adventurous, I Want to Break Free, Tie Your Mother Down, etc. Put something that's good and full of Freddy Mercury in.

    This statement is made of win and awesome, and the only thing I can add to it is the hope of Ogre Battle. AH AH AH AH AHHHHHHHHH

  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey, let's not talk about hacking Harmonix' game here okay?

Sign In or Register to comment.