As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Want [chat] liberation?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Does holding ALT and then clicking on the anchor point work?

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I will try that! Thanks Chico!!!!

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Angel_of_Bacon‌
    Did you post all of your avatars recently, or am I making that up? I was on a mission to find a specific old one of mine, and I forgotten how many of these dumb things I've made.
    nlj1ibbfnd33.pngmej0ckowkvou.jpgg17qzzrqun3k.jpg72b6mhyyikdm.gif50sy07jdhsx6.jpgeywzr4lyd6wp.jpgipkw11f2sf7d.jpgivovh55iaagy.jpgrtsmv18p589c.gift1r9xcfs9des.jpgcqbr3sdyicah.gif5nqzaf63hlz6.gifzoultth0j7ao.gifzptp6n3uu8j0.jpgfi004jxnvh6p.gif

I could try to put them in order, but mehhhhhh. I had the blinking one on the gray background all through college I think. I cannot, for the life of me, think of when I had that skull one. The one of me biting the present must be one of my first ones.

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Iruka wrote: »
    @Angel_of_Bacon‌
    Did you post all of your avatars recently, or am I making that up? I was on a mission to find a specific old one of mine, and I forgotten how many of these dumb things I've made.
    nlj1ibbfnd33.pngmej0ckowkvou.jpgg17qzzrqun3k.jpg72b6mhyyikdm.gif50sy07jdhsx6.jpgeywzr4lyd6wp.jpgipkw11f2sf7d.jpgivovh55iaagy.jpgrtsmv18p589c.gift1r9xcfs9des.jpgcqbr3sdyicah.gif5nqzaf63hlz6.gifzoultth0j7ao.gifzptp6n3uu8j0.jpgfi004jxnvh6p.gif

I could try to put them in order, but mehhhhhh. I had the blinking one on the gray background all through college I think. I cannot, for the life of me, think of when I had that skull one. The one of me biting the present must be one of my first ones.

@Iruka: Not any more recently than 'years ago', no. But as long as we're doing this thang (presented in roughly chronological order, I think):
    Wow, this compilation image was from 2007.
    avs.jpg

Probably the avatar I used the longest, with variants. Think I lost the original Flash file so this probably won't make a comeback:
    cuteav1.gifcuteav_hw.gifcuteav_tg.gifcuteav_xmas.gifcuteav_nohead.gif

mostly reject ideas:

One that lasted for like 2 days because Kochi made fun of it saying it looked like mega dandruff:
    SnowAv2.gif

Valentine's Day joke one that I kept using for like 2 years:
    RomCom_av.gif

The current hotness:
    av_dumb.gif

The respectable one I use on Facebook to maintain the respect of my peers IRL:
    av_2kewl.jpg

Wow it's hard to look at this shit put together and not feel like a narcissist. And of course this doesn't include all the other dumb bullshit pictures and animations I've made of myself over the years. :/

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please, I have have to have two ego folders, drawings of myself that I drew, and drawings of my self that I demanded from others.

Man that first avatar of yours, though, I totally remember it. I also remember the zombie and zombie santa.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I find that to be one of the more endearing things about avs in the AC in general, is they're more likely to be self portraits or similar self-expression. I actually really like how yours are "you," as you see yourself.

I think I've only ever used three or four avatars on here with the exception of AC Christmas ones. I might actually change mine for Halloween (the current one is Halloween a few years ago) when I finally get this damn wig right

• Options
    Iruka wrote: »
    Please, I have have to have two ego folders, drawings of myself that I drew, and drawings of my self that I demanded from others.

Man that first avatar of yours, though, I totally remember it. I also remember the zombie and zombie santa.

@Iruka: I can't believe you remember the first one, that's going back like 10 years and I don't think I even used it for very long.

I also have a folder of pictures people have drawn of me, but unfortunately I didn't think to start saving them until a few years ago so I'm missing some that I wish I had, like the one Galen (remember him?) made of me as an elf after I went on a rant about how elves are the dumbest fantasy race. I'm also missing the one @Mully did of me wearing ruffle underwear, for reasons I don't recall.

Actually looking at this directory, that would make for at least 2 drawings of me wearing just underwear and a hat, and at least 4 where I'm a woman.

It kinda makes me wonder if people have a very misleading impression of me, but then considering I literally just drew a picture of myself crossdressing in that Halloween thread I have to concede that if that's the case, I probably have only myself to blame.

• Options
    NicNic Registered User regular
    Speaking of vanity, I just found an old sketch-a-forumer one by Tynic from like 2012 that I was going to switch to eventually. Eventually is now!!

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    All of my avatars have been from others (I think...), aside from the first one which I copypasted from some random image I found when I searched my handle.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Ok let's see what I have stashed away. I normally saved stuff people drew for me, but I know I'm missing a bunch, and some avatars, but this is what I found so far:
    lp2urteyi5n2.jpgd2lpn2o2fol3.giftwghh72plhlx.gifj2xhyuy3mhwj.gifiqy7htavecyb.png9iqhuhmph85t.jpg8dgs4nnc61py.gifalkdhsc256l0.gifm8ok3tc44ss9.gifp446dljdndor.gif76rm5aehwg8e.gifouaibp4z2l04.gif3bgaf5vj2d9n.gifl6cm1ccualog.gif95u567x3s22x.pngqw15kpq1gwr6.pngir32ivgyinc5.gifqc8l9gc6sdlk.pngpxtay7t9goan.gif3syflmdoal09.gif3isuf88s3sa8.gifw234ber72lho.gifxrl8a4qu3d1g.gif

bombardier on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Guess it was time to change mine as well. Found one Campion had done of my av blowing bubbles.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I could post all my avatars.... Or you could just refresh about 80 times!!

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    How exactly is it you've done that thing?

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Derk mejik

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I haven't used very many avatars at all, I'm probably due for a new one. I see problems every time I look at the one I'm using now (it's my Fallout NV character)

Here are the only other ones I can remember using, still sitting on my old photobucket account.
    chalkbeak.jpg

dichotomy.jpg
    dichotomyava.jpg

cybersamuraic4.png
    samava2.jpg

I don't even remember using that samurai one as an avatar, but it's there on the album so I must have at some point.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    m3nace wrote: »

Probably the same way I've done my sig...I have a folder online of sig images, and there's a script file in the folder (you use the link to the script instead of an image) and the script picks a random image in the folder to display.

• Options
    I don't have a full listing of my avatars...but I have these, in a completely-forgotten order!

MegaAvatar.jpg
    brows2.gif
    brows.gif
    dragon.jpg

I also just re-discovered the "Inappropriate Time for the Robot" comics I drew (inspired by those from Mr. Andrew Hussie) at that PA:AC meetup I went to years ago:
    Me, coming back into the states, I got dragged across the coals at customs. This was a possible reason:
    test.jpg

This was right around the time that Dick Cheney infamously shot his friend by accident on a hunting trip:
    dick2.jpg

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm just part of the p5 hype club

then I switched to the shadow one for a joke in the SMT thread

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I don't even remember what my previous avatars were
    did I ever even have another?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Y'all with inconsistent avatar personas gotta get with it. What if someone's gotta draw you for the sake of a dumb joke, huh?

I mean, just ask @NightDragon - it's been like 8 years and I still have to draw her in the same basic design I completely pulled out of my ass years ago just to maintain internet joke consistency, even though I have since learned that she doesn't look a damn thing like that.

Next time I have to BS up a design for one of you dorks just because their current avatar of the week is something stupid like a Cabela's branded camo baseball hat, I'm just going to make the unlucky person in question look Iggy Pop levels of gross instead of leaving them any dignity.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    @Angel_of_Bacon‌ I want to know what your made up idea of @NightDragon‌ looks like! Never seen it!

My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
  • Options
    Ahh I was just trying to find my folder (like the one @Iruka has) of the silly drawings that people made of me and that I made of other forumers in the AC...but I cannot find it!

One of my favorites (as @Angel_of_Bacon‌ may be aware) is the sourdough loaf comic.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hahaha oh man, wait, I found some.
    (for my birthday in 2009)
    oiin9uj4522e.jpg

(probably relating to one of my eyebrow avatars, above)
    n2o8rn7uvgm1.jpg

(we agreed on something, can't remember what...?)
    c0xcy1iyaa2t.jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ammaline wrote: »
    @Angel_of_Bacon‌ I want to know what your made up idea of @NightDragon‌ looks like! Never seen it!

@Ammaline: It's not much of a 'design', but there's enough there to make it clear that what is there, is entirely inaccurate.

Examples:
    ND_dogs.jpg
    NDshiv.jpg
    NDyell.gif

Sourdough comic ND mentioned (wow the art here is rough).
    Long story short, I loved sourdough as a kid so much that I used to eat it so fast I gave myself hiccups consistently. ND doesn't like sourdough because she is a crazy person. Conflict ensues.
    sourdough.gif

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    hahahah yesssssssss perfect

that comic was made from actual, real dialogue between two people with Opinions on sourdough bread.

(I have since changed my thoughts a little bit on sourdough. I think I had just experienced very sad sourdough, and for the wrong food applications).

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I feel like I just witnessed something I wasn't supposed to see

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I feel like I just witnessed something I wasn't supposed to see

Yeah, uh...don't mention that little "wheelbarrow full of dogs" incident to any authorities, or anything. I don't have a problem!! I can control it
    2009-06-03.png

I don't know what you're talking about stop looking at me

NightDragon on
  • Options

n2o8rn7uvgm1.jpg
    [/img]

I think you drew this one yourself, actually.
    Whether or not it is more accurate than my short ponytail design, I leave that up to your own judgement.

I just did the terrifying original version:
    motivation.gif

• Options
    wow
    I was talking about the

yknow what I'm just going to leave that off right there

• Options

n2o8rn7uvgm1.jpg
    [/img]

I think you drew this one yourself, actually.
    Whether or not it is more accurate than my short ponytail design, I leave that up to your own judgement.

I just did the terrifying original version:
    motivation.gif

I seemed to remember I had some part in this, but I couldn't remember what...I knew the base wasn't by me, though. I got it half right, then!

• Options
    See what you're all missing out on?
    (I have since changed my thoughts a little bit on sourdough. I think I had just experienced very sad sourdough, and for the wrong food applications).

YES! In the end, I win!

Looks like I get to use this .gif again!
    vicoly.gif

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    n2o8rn7uvgm1.jpg

Ma'am, we've had some reports of a suspicious character. I'm going to need you to stay at least 200 yards away from the computer while these nice gentlemen ask you some questions.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    wow
    I was talking about the

Are you talking about the fact that in 2/3rds of her chosen examples she's chosen to show herself wearing an enormous handlebar moustache?

I think we should all be open and supportive of any lifestyle ND chooses to pursue, whether it be a moustache-intensive one or not. Don't be a hater.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    actually it's concept art for this game

hatintime_port-590x300.jpg

• Options
    wow
    I was talking about the

Are you talking about the fact that in 2/3rds of her chosen examples she's chosen to show herself wearing an enormous handlebar moustache?

I think we should all be open and supportive of any lifestyle ND chooses to pursue, whether it be a moustache-intensive one or not. Don't be a hater.
    It was actually a comment on your sourdough capacity, chief
    I have always assumed ND has the prettiest mustache of the lot of us here in the AC

• Options
    It was actually a comment on your sourdough capacity, chief

Man, I can just feel the jealousy coming off of you in waves.

Look, I didn't start out this way- but don't worry, with a lot of training and perseverance, you too could eat almost as much sourdough as me.

• Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    I don't want to start anything, but none of you have seen an Ammaline eat sourdough. Possibly none of you want to! Like a snake unhinging their jaw

My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    m3nace wrote: »

its actually not possible anymore since the forum switch to vanilla, only works for people who have it grandfathered in.

• Options
    Ammaline wrote: »
    I don't want to start anything, but none of you have seen an Ammaline eat sourdough. Possibly none of you want to! Like a snake unhinging their jaw

understanding_p1.jpg
    understanding_p2.jpg

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    The secret's out, AoB is Animal from the muppets.

This discussion has been closed.