As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So see how the merest hint of an opening caused three people to jump?

Yea, the Raid Finder is incredibly useful but it still requires at least one person per a group to organize people. There is nothing magic about Obi's ability to pair people together that anybody else couldn't do if they took the initiative.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Why are there regular old cars on Venus and Mars?

We're 300 years in the future, we've terraformed other planets and then brought old, busted Dodge Caravans with us.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Falves wrote: »
    Anyone knows if the game is region locked in the background, could I raid with peeps in the US being in Europe, and if I could would the lag be manageable on a decent connection?

you'll have absolutely no problems playing with people in the US, and i've had no noticeable lag any of the times i've grouped with US-based PAers. only time i've raided has been with Europeans though, but i don't see that being any different.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Team Motorboat Kitten: @Arteen‌ @jefe414‌ @erevar @arteens sister @skippymchaggis‌

i can try to do some raid tonight. what time are we thinking? 8pm EST would work for me.

got my hunter to 28.

Looks like Erevar has a prior engagement but I can make 8PM. As I mentioned above, I might be able to bring another to fill in the gap. If we can get past the Templar tonight, I'd be more than happy with that progress.

I can do 8pm no problem.

Cool. So far that's three of us plus my buddy and his level 28 hunter. Two more to go...

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

We're 300 years in the future, we've terraformed other planets and then brought old, busted Dodge Caravans with us.

That makes perfect sense, ain't broke don't fix it. On top of most of the good shit was probably pillaged by the fallen/rotted away.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Team Motorboat Kitten: @Arteen‌ @jefe414‌ @erevar @arteens sister @skippymchaggis‌

i can try to do some raid tonight. what time are we thinking? 8pm EST would work for me.

got my hunter to 28.

Looks like Erevar has a prior engagement but I can make 8PM. As I mentioned above, I might be able to bring another to fill in the gap. If we can get past the Templar tonight, I'd be more than happy with that progress.

I can do 8pm no problem.

Cool. So far that's three of us plus my buddy and his level 28 hunter. Two more to go...

I'm your huckleberry.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

That makes perfect sense, ain't broke don't fix it. On top of most of the good shit was probably pillaged by the fallen/rotted away.

I'm curious what exactly the Fallen have been looting for a century or two. We come across multiple computers that are still intact, screens on Venus all that. Somehow despite running all over Earth we really really give a shit when they set up a Glimmer drill on Earth.

It's like they can't decide if the Fall happened last year or last century.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Alright, I just got a huge bump in people and wasn't entirely expecting that. That coupled with my huge fear of letting people down I'm gonna try to talk to a few of the guys in the raid and see what they want to do and what we can maybe do for those who can't get in since we only have the one spot.

I'll be in game at 5 central and we'll get something ironed out to try to help the others.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

got my hunter to 28.

I can do 8pm no problem.

I'm your huckleberry.

OK. Team Slap-Dash is coming together nicely.

WARNING: I'm not very good and have a tendency to accidentally fire my jetpack to my death. Just ask @Morgan_Coke and company...

jefe414 on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

got my hunter to 28.

I can make 8p-11p EST tonight if you need me. =)

Again, this is my third character, so if you want to replace me with somebody else, I won't cry over it. =P

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Oh can Team Short Bus get a special name too?

99p Store Action Figures.

We are the ones you buy to fill out the ranks with nameless mooks.
    Sounds about right.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Crayon wrote: »
    Alright, I just got a huge bump in people and wasn't entirely expecting that. That coupled with my huge fear of letting people down I'm gonna try to talk to a few of the guys in the raid and see what they want to do and what we can maybe do for those who can't get in since we only have the one spot.

I'll be in game at 5 central and we'll get something ironed out to try to help the others.

Dual Raids. Race for Glory. Winner gets bragging rights.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Oh can Team Short Bus get a special name too?

99p Store Action Figures.

We are the ones you buy to fill out the ranks with nameless mooks.
    Sounds about right.

newSig.jpg
  • Options

I'm curious what exactly the Fallen have been looting for a century or two. We come across multiple computers that are still intact, screens on Venus all that. Somehow despite running all over Earth we really really give a shit when they set up a Glimmer drill on Earth.

It's like they can't decide if the Fall happened last year or last century.

What's important to note is that while the fall happened years ago, humanity has since the fall tried to spread out and retake certain areas. So some of the equipment we find isn't from hundreds of years ago, but from recent activity. I just make the assumption that whatever move the Traveler did to prevent humanity from being wiped out, also pretty much eliminated all the local forces of the darkness. So they are just now recovering and making attacks/recovery on areas they had previously had to give up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »

got my hunter to 28.

I can make 8p-11p EST tonight if you need me. =)

Again, this is my third character, so if you want to replace me with somebody else, I won't cry over it. =P

You're in! We (I) need a good leader :)

That rounds it out! See you all online 8PM Eastern Time!

• Options
    SousukeSousuke Registered User regular

Let one of the others go, I'm not available until 9:30 est, plus I already raided on my titan last night

PSN: Volteage
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I ran the raid the other day and got the Found Verdict, Warlock Gloves, Warlock Chest, and the Warlock Bond, which all would have been cool If I hadn't already gotten all of those things.

• Options
    One aspect I'm not exactly clear on is why some guardians think the crucible is life. Like its supposed to be training on fighting the forces of the darkness better. Why would that be your life? You live to train?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Time travel, obviously.

<This is where the clip from Army of Darkness where the car falls from the sky goes>

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I ran the raid the other day and got the Found Verdict, Warlock Gloves, Warlock Chest, and the Warlock Bond, which all would have been cool If I hadn't already gotten all of those things.

This is me over here hating you.

My titan has run the raid four times and hasn't gotten a single piece of raid armor.

Bunch of weapons, including the sniper, the rocket launcher, two shotguns and now the scout rifle but none of that sweet level advancing raid armor.

Course the first time my warlock runs it he get the chest piece.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

You are the Britta of Destiny

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

Haha, enough people jump at that chance to almost put together a second raid!

I'm trying to get a raid together for friday, so if you don't get into crayon's your welcome in that one.

• Options
    I should probably bite the bullet and level up an alt for the second chance at raid stuff, but gah I like my hunter so much.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I seriously think one of the destiny sequels will just have us time traveling back and then triggering the collapse on purpose because :reasons:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    I should probably bite the bullet and level up an alt for the second chance at raid stuff, but gah I like my hunter so much.

If you have the time, levelling a second hunter is pretty worthwhile. I get two shots at hunter armour each week. I just need the gauntlets and then I'm going to shard my alt hunter to start up a titan.

PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    Holy shit I didn't even think about that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

You could level another Hunter for even more chances to get raid gear. =P

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

got my hunter to 28.
    I can definitely make that time if there's still an opening.

• Options
    Transferring your stuff through the vault is annoying, but jumping a new character from 20 to 29 buy putting on some fancy clothes is pretty worthwhile.

I have a female human as my main, and my alt is male human. One wears chatterwhite and white/gold cloaks. The other wears dark shaders and cloaks.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    mFiend wrote: »

If you have the time, levelling a second hunter is pretty worthwhile. I get two shots at hunter armour each week. I just need the gauntlets and then I'm going to shard my alt hunter to start up a titan.
    I like my warlock a LOT but I would still not level another one. If I am to dedicate time for another character, might has well make another class to experience the small difference the game will provide me. Tempted to go Hunter, just because I hate bladancers so much that I want to be hated as well.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Jay Bizzle wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    Looking at the list, there's a good 9 people who can raid tonight on the xbone. Who's up for it?

I don't think Team Motorboat Cat can all make it tonight, so I can do anytime between 6pm and midnight eastern.

I'm available before 11pm EST, but my Hunter's raid-group starts attempting Hard Mode VoG tonight at that time.

Edit: Sunday @ 1pm EST is my Warlock's raid-group, so I'm unavailable then, as well.

..am I a raid-slut? O_o
    Nah, you're just into open raid-lationships.

Speaking of raids...

@Hiryu02‌ @Evil Monkey@shoeboxjeddy‌, does 9PM EST tonight work for everyone?

@Visskar‌ @Nocren‌ and @Crippl3‌ please stay tuned, as the second raid is TBD. @PotatoNinja‌ is also welcome, if you haven't already got a raid lined up this week. My Warlock is 26 so I may beg to bring her for the first half at least, if only to dilute the concentration of Titans.

Last I saw, @Jay Bizzle‌ was 25. Are you closing in on 26+? If you're stalling let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.

Everyone raids, no one sits.

Just hit 26 thanks to a couple of the lads last night. Monkey and Nocren, you guys were great! Moving on up in the world! Learning lots, with lots more to learn. If you need me for a raid, I can try to fill a spot for you. You'll have to forgive my noobishness in advance ;)
    Watch this space.

My warlock alt is 26, thanks to some engram hoarding and a couple of "lucky" drops for my Titan. Best was decrypting a blue bond engram into the Legendary one that's on fire. Thanks, Rahool.

I may not know what I'm doing, but you can't tell by looking.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So Team Cottonelle was having a mess of a time with bugs and lag in the Vault last night

During the Templar fight, harpies would frequently freeze in place, take damage till 'dead' and then heal to full. The Templar himself would go immune to damage despite his shield being visually down. Shooting the templar when he wasn't showing immune would show no damage numbers or immune pop ups... until right at the end of his vulnerable phase which would then pop up a couple numbers. The Templar teleporting messages would arrive late or not at all. He would also teleport on top of you despite you being in the circle the entire time. Our relic holder was having an incredibly hard time getting out of the circle/prison that he puts around you. My brief time as relic holder was cut short by exactly that - hitting the side of the prison with the basic bash threw me far out of it and I shortly died after that.

DESPITE all that, we still beat him! We think that despite him not showing damage most of the time, he would still take it all as a pile of damage once the servers caught up to what the client side was telling it.

And then later on the pre-Atheon phases the minotaurs/praetorians went invincible while storming their way to the conflux. Somehow, again we pulled through.

We called it at Atheon till sunday - because of the lag, the raid took twice as long lol.

It was ridiculous

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Guibs wrote: »
    mFiend wrote: »

I like my warlock a LOT but I would still not level another one. If I am to dedicate time for another character, might has well make another class to experience the small difference the game will provide me. Tempted to go Hunter, just because I hate bladancers so much that I want to be hated as well.

RNG hates me, so I wanted to get extra tries at the raid armour each week while my girlfriend is away weekdays for out of town training. I have nothing to do mon-fri for 7 weeks, so I'm grinding while the grinding is good.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So Team Cottonelle was having a mess of a time with bugs and lag in the Vault last night

During the Templar fight, harpies would frequently freeze in place, take damage till 'dead' and then heal to full. The Templar himself would go immune to damage despite his shield being visually down. Shooting the templar when he wasn't showing immune would show no damage numbers or immune pop ups... until right at the end of his vulnerable phase which would then pop up a couple numbers. The Templar teleporting messages would arrive late or not at all. He would also teleport on top of you despite you being in the circle the entire time. Our relic holder was having an incredibly hard time getting out of the circle/prison that he puts around you. My brief time as relic holder was cut short by exactly that - hitting the side of the prison with the basic bash threw me far out of it and I shortly died after that.

DESPITE all that, we still beat him! We think that despite him not showing damage most of the time, he would still take it all as a pile of damage once the servers caught up to what the client side was telling it.

And then later on the pre-Atheon phases the minotaurs/praetorians went invisible while storming their way to the conflux. Somehow, again we pulled through.

We called it at Atheon till sunday - because of the lag, the raid took twice as long lol.

It was ridiculous

My T/TH Raid group had the same problems this Tuesday. We are used to @Booker‌ dropping every now and then, but he was dropping way more than normal AND everyone else was dealing with lag during the Atheon fight. It was really annoying and even caused Booker to miss the Atheon rewards.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Anybody else having major problems with logging in? I keep getting a disconnect after selecting a character.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! really made me realize how much more fun this game could've been with different gravity environments.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    @jefe414 dude, you jump fine. everyone falls off the platform once in a while. besides, you made it through the jump puzzle on the first try, whereas I did not

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Good times in Crucible tonight with @shoeboxjeddy‌
    Had a couple of good moments as Defender. Blind Watch. We have B and C. Enemy has A (lol). Enemy team flanks and starts taking C. I run back to see and am able to plant my bubble on the edge of the point, interrupting their capture. It's two hunters and a titan. They stare at me for a moment, then the first hunter steps into my blind bubble. Bad call. Shotgun plus melee and he's down. I have my double overshield now. Second hunter runs in, and right back out blinded. I kill him and turn to the titan who is busy trying to jump away from me and the bubble. He doesn't realize hes up against the roof support and he floats down into the warm embrace of Invective. Never been able to push a group off a point like that before. We won handily.

Last game was clash on last light. Hate that map but I got my best warlock kill ever on it. I jump up on the roof of the structure that normally holds A, there is a lock and a titan but I have a full machine gun. I mow the lock down, then the titan moments later. The warlock self-rezzes. I drop a suppressor nade at his feet. His pretty wings go bye bye. He's jumping around trying to escape. No blink either. I kill him again and get my machine lord medal. I think I can get used to this defender.

Sounds like you're going set a whole new paradigm. Nice one, I don't think I'fe seen anyone using the surprised grenade before, so I imagine people have no idea what is going on.

Follow up question, what does the suppresser grenade do to enemies? Saaaay reaver captains with a resisting over shield?

Final question - anyone else say "sopressa grenade" and then giggle a little bit?

Late answer, I have not been able to verify the effect of suppressor in PVE. I want to say it drops shields and prevents fallen captains from teleporting, but I've been using it mainly in nightfall/weekly and I am usually in too frantic a mode to really test effects in those scenarios.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    FalvesFalves Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Falves wrote: »
    Anyone knows if the game is region locked in the background, could I raid with peeps in the US being in Europe, and if I could would the lag be manageable on a decent connection?

you'll have absolutely no problems playing with people in the US, and i've had no noticeable lag any of the times i've grouped with US-based PAers. only time i've raided has been with Europeans though, but i don't see that being any different.

Cool, I'll just add myself to the Roster, my lvl 28 hunter is starting to feel lonely.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Cause its russia. the flying cars were all over in america.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum