As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM, a backlog story.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    That's why my go -to angry threat is " Oh man, I'm totally gonna poop in their freezer" Who can take that seriously?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Digging through some videos it seems like Beyond Earth should have both hotseat and something akin to play by email, though the specifics are not there yet. I assume something like pit boss mode.

Yay!

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    That's why my go -to angry threat is " Oh man, I'm totally gonna poop in their freezer" Who can take that seriously?

I knew you would slip up one day! I've been trying to figure out who's been pooping in my freezer, and now I have you! I've alerted the authorities, and they said "Seriously, stop fucking calling us about the shit in your freezer!". I assume that means they're already on the way to haul your ass in.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hey, if you want to watch Hullis and I talk over FF13, come watch my stream

http://www.twitch.tv/stiltsthegm/

IKknkhU.gif
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Huh, the Steam entry already shows the achievements, like it does with Red Faction: Guerrilla...is there a date for Guerrilla's steamworks unlock?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Huh, the Steam entry already shows the achievements, like it does with Red Faction: Guerrilla...is there a date for Guerrilla's steamworks unlock?

one of the devs said that they were working on it a month ago, there's been no news or timetable since then

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hey, how long is Amnesia (the original one)? I was figuring it would be a decent game to be playing over Halloween, but if it's on the shorter side I don't want too start playing to much in advance and finish the game a week before scary candy day.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    It would take some pretty extreme circumstances for me to consider a death threat understandable. This wasn't even close to being one of them.
    how about the fact that the guy was eating ramen for the past 2 years and had been repeatedly screwed over and might have some actual mental health problems

we're into Falling Down territory here

I've been following the guy for a while and nothing he has said or done in the past would lead me to believe he would've made this incredibly boneheaded move under normal circumstances

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=440

self-reported statistical average says 8-9 hours

liEt3nH.png
    Fishman wrote: »
    Hey, how long is Amnesia (the original one)? I was figuring it would be a decent game to be playing over Halloween, but if it's on the shorter side I don't want too start playing to much in advance and finish the game a week before scary candy day.

Like 8-10 hours depending on how much you hide in corners, get stumped on puzzles, and if you read everything you find. I'd say.

edited October 2014
    Huh, I thought the roving clans couldn't declare war on people, and you needed to declare war on people to attack them, so I left my scouting party with a leader near their empire and they rode out on their horses and slaughtered my troops.

I really wish Endless Legend, and all steam games for that matter, came with manuals, somehow.

Edit: Some wiki-ing reveals that troops in neutral territory are fair game during cold war, the state you find other empires in, but you need to declare actual war to engage people in their territory. Well now I know! And luckily I was only like 5 turns into the game so I can just start over.

Inquisitor on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, The Tower was an early access game in alpha, but the developers ran out of money, so they pushed it to full release. Someone had to email them to get an answer about why the game was suddenly in full release without any announcement or update. Valve does nothing about this, while they can't show his actually finished game properly.

So yeah, if I were him I would probably be a little emotional too.

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    It took me 8 hours but being gripped by terror made it feel longer.

Fishman wrote: »
    Yeah, it's time for my annual try as well I think

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    It would take some pretty extreme circumstances for me to consider a death threat understandable. This wasn't even close to being one of them.
    how about the fact that the guy was eating ramen for the past 2 years and had been repeatedly screwed over and might have some actual mental health problems

we're into Falling Down territory here

I've been following the guy for a while and nothing he has said or done in the past would lead me to believe he would've made this incredibly boneheaded move under normal circumstances

Valve wasn't being malicious. It was a mistake. He lost his cool and waaaaaay overreacted. Threatening the the guy in charge of the company that runs the store you're trying to use to sell your game is so clearly a bad idea.

Yeah, I mean, his work is now all for naught, basically, which is fucked in a way, but...publicly making a statement like that doesn't garner sympathy. Scream into a pillow or something

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Urrrrgh XCOM won't launch...Steam says it's running, and the process shows up in the taskmanager, but there's no game window or anything

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Kill it and launch it again

Well that was nice of them to refund my cash in Payday as well as the points
    But I really should find other people to play with since I am getting idiots again

Brainleech wrote: »
    Tried that.
    Checked the integrity multiple times (every time, 9mb are downloaded), I restarted steam, I backed up the game files and practically re-installed it, nothing

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Try running steam as administrator?

edited October 2014
    yay I screwed myself over twice it seems in Payday 2
    Got into a bad run so I stuck around switched to the m249 and hid behind one of the counters in the mall and just mowed them down.
    But at the end of the run I crashed and found out because I equipped the LMG I pretty much locked myself out of the game until the hotfix

Brainleech on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    But yeah death threats are super horrible and I totally understand and support taking a zero tolerance thing to them.

But I can just imagine the desperation something like that would cause. Something you have devoted so much of your life to constantly getting screwed over. It's your job. It is your livelihood. And it is fairly directly being fucked with by what seems to you to be a broken system.

Yeah, that would be enough to break the shit out of me

I've got empathy for the guy, sure

But, I mean, even without the death threat, he was publicly talking mad shit about a business partner. An unreliable business partner that had harmed him in the past, but that kinda doesn't matter. You don't publicly insult somebody you need to make you money, for pretty much this exact reason. You just don't. Go to a bar with your buddies, vent to them.

There's a post on his Twitter feed, a screencap of a conversation he had with a friend, where he talks about how he's never had a real job before. I think that's unfortunately telling.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »

one of the devs said that they were working on it a month ago, there's been no news or timetable since then

DiRT 3 was announced as removing GFWL in November 2013 and replacing it with Steamworks. As of June 2014, last update, they were "still working on it".

I think GFWL might be a self-replicating live organism, you can't really put any sort of timetable on how long it'll take to neutralize the threat it poses.

euj90n71sojo.png
    Grabbed Battleblock Theater and started co-oppin' it with the ladyfriend

That is a darn fine co-op game, right there. We're not terribly far in, but it so far has a pretty solid blend of silly stuff and gameplay meat. And it's forgiving enough of death that the inevitable, slapsticky deaths (so, so many mid-air collisions) are funny rather than frustrating.

And any game where you can have this exchange is pretty okay in my book:
    "Come over here so I can throw you at this cat man."
    "I don't like a single part of that sentence."

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Battleblock with 4 players is a madhouse

in a good way, not in a New Super Mario way.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Alright I am up to the first proper alien encounter where he is patrolling the corridors

He sort of "follows" you around: if you're hiding in one area, he will patrol that area repeatedly and leave the other area mostly alone. Sometimes he will make sudden u-turns. Sometimes he will suddenly run a short distance. This has the effect of being unpredictable and consequently I may be mere seconds from death at any time.

Why can't you just robotically patrol a set route like enemies in stealth games

I find the development of the AI and how it can think in a random fashion in a game makes it fun
    The same out a to b to c thought gets old

Radius wrote: »

Lordy, I can only imagine.

We're playing local co-op, and I only have two controllers, so I kinda doubt we'll ever play it that way. But that sounds bananas.

Oh I forgot to mention that the music is an absolute delight.

I find the development of the AI and how it can think in a random fashion in a game makes it fun

Oh yeah it makes it challenging and scary, for sure. I was just intentionally being a whiny bitch to express my fear.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

Well that was nice of them to refund my cash in Payday as well as the points
    But I really should find other people to play with since I am getting idiots again

We have a Steam group! Fyndir and Melding are admins. This is also a shout-out to anyone else who would like to try out the new content.

edited October 2014
    marty_0001 wrote: »

Oh yeah it makes it challenging and scary, for sure. I was just intentionally being a whiny bitch to express my fear.
    The Alien's stomping is terribly effective I found, with me going "fuckfuckfuckFUCK" as the steps get louder
    ...that and the fact that, given its size, I thought it might not fit into the vents I crawl into

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

But 4-player nsmb is a blast

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    you can even patch in the h-scene!

that is some real budget voicing there

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I got burned once by Utewareremono, dare I try again.

(That was another tactics/dating sim, but the tactics part was super primitive. Like Saiyuki or Vandal Hearts PS1 primitive. It eventually got a PS2 version that expanded on the tacticall combat greatly, but the PC version remained terrible.)

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Man, those voices sound like they could get really repetitive after a while

lord knows I got tired of them the moment they opened their mouths in that video

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    It's supposed to be free forever because of a kick starter thingy so might as well check it out folks

I do like bot dating sims and tactics game but I feel this game will leave me cold and wanting

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Borderlands TPS has been fun, but then a friend of mine joined my game, I started leveling super quick, and now when I try and play solo my wee babby guns do virtually no damage. If only things would drop better than white guns when I manage to kill them this probably wouldn't be so rough.

This discussion has been closed.