As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's punch people in the [Character Action Game] thread!

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    God, this is a beautiful game

Avatar has such a cool art style

I hate you. I hope you know that.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Aw let him have his game. It's only half a day.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I need to know if it's good because I want to buy it right now

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Spoiler warning it's going to be pretty good

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    @Wyborn is right, it's pretty good

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aw man, no subtitles in Korra

Already docks it a few points

This is a pretty big unacceptable oversight on the developers' behalf.

They are alienating an entire demographic of players who don't listen to their games while they play them.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm sure the subtitles would have probably just been the lyrics to "Rules of Nature" anyway.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Some gamers are deaf. It's always nice to have subtitles.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm sure the subtitles would have probably just been the lyrics to "Rules of Nature" anyway.
    might as well post this here too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvB48ChE10w&index=15&list=UUHu17oT5IL8uXt8WXQ2E-rQ

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvB48ChE10w&index=15&list=UUHu17oT5IL8uXt8WXQ2E-rQ

That is actually legit hilarious

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Aw man, no subtitles in Korra

Already docks it a few points

This is a pretty big unacceptable oversight on the developers' behalf.

They are alienating an entire demographic of players who don't listen to their games while they play them.

I know you're teasing, but thanks UV for mentioning this, won't get it now

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Do we know if bayo 2 has subtitles

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zACEJdFOpA

edit actually shot at chincy aside not having subtitles sucks because a) deaf people probably play games? and b) sometimes I just can't clearly hear what the hell people are saying and subtitles are super useful for that

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

why do I want to play this game so badly

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Do we know if bayo 2 has subtitles

It does.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So sad I pre-ordered the X1 version of the game without seeing that it was coming out a day later for some reason.

• Options
    Jokes aside, even if I did care about game music (which I don't), if I only played games when I could have sound I straight up wouldn't have time to play games

I get about 2 hours a day available for video games they are also the only 2 hours a day I get to see ms chilla. So we sit around and watch a movie and talk, and I play games in the background

I'm not anti-sound but there are plenty of people beyond even the obvious (deaf) that find subtitles pretty necessary

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I like subtitles in games most because sometimes the audio mixing is weird and its hard to hear things over the music/sound effects

• Options
    I like subtitles in games most because sometimes the audio mixing is weird and its hard to hear things over the music/sound effects

Man we've been hitting the horror movies pretty hard lately over here and BOY do you need subtitles

dear hollywood: scary is not having to fuck with the volume knob constantly when I can't hear what anyone is saying and then BOOGANS LOUD NOISES

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oof, Korra got a 3 from Gamespot

• Options
    Didn't you say you were liking it so far?

• Options
    Oh jeeze, a 4 from IGN too

• Options
    "fails the source material in every conceivable way"

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Didn't you say you were liking it so far?

I only played the first two levels, not enough to form an opinion

It seemed easy so far, my only real issue is sometimes targeting would turn on even when I didn't click the stick

Very pretty game though

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Did platinum only have like 3 months to develop the game or something, it sounds devoid of content beyond a basically functional combat system

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Those are really harsh scores. I'm liking the game!

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    Did platinum only have like 3 months to develop the game or something, it sounds devoid of content beyond a basically functional combat system

My guess is it was either a very small team or they had a limited amount of time or both

Again, this is a 15 dollar downloadable game made by a studio that has previously made only disc based products

I wouldn't be surprised if they got the combat system done and went oh shit now we only have x amount of dollars/time left

Cause project management is hard

• Options
    edited October 2014
    From what I gathered in the review the reviewers main complaints were.

- The plot is rather weak and barely any of the characters make an appearance
    - There isn't too much variation in the combat as far as enemies go and all of it takes place in similar arena-like settings.

Which I will admit does sound a bit disappointing.

But I already paid for the game and it was only 15 bucks so whatever.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    basically it sounds like people were expecting a full platinum game and not a $15 downloadable title

it seems perfectly reasonable for what it is

• Options
    Yeah I mean...those aren't inaccurate complaints.

But the game is 15 bucks, and the bending is fun and looks cool so I'm happy with the purchase.

• Options
    I think its worth pointing out there are plenty of 15$ games with full narratives, diverse combat and interesting bosses

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I'm not sure why any of those complaints merit a 3 and a 4 on any review scale though

That's usually reserved for games that are just fucking broken, not being disappointing based on previous expectations.

I mean review scores are bullshit but still

• Options
    "Fails the source material in every conceivable way" is EXTREMELY hyperbolic

• Options
    Like price does not excuse those design failures

It may, however, be worth it to you personally at that price but it doesn't make those things not a problem

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    "Fails the source material in every conceivable way" is EXTREMELY hyperbolic

especially because i mean it's korra

the source material has failed the source material several times

• Options
    Also I am not sure I'm going to end up finishing wonderful 101

I may just move on to bayo 2

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure why any of those complaints merit a 3 and a 4 on any review scale though

That's usually reserved for games that are just fucking broken, not being disappointing based on previous expectations.

I mean review scores are bullshit but still

Presented as evidence:

http://www.ign.com/games/god-hand/ps2-822478

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    i don't think god hand is very good

I mean, it's okay

But man that game has some kind of cult following that I do not understand

6F32U1X.png