As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

kittens with mus[chat]hes

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    ANIME ANIME ANIME

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm texting a lady friend I went on a date with last week.

Me: I like doing my teaching work, but we're having trouble recruiting at the new school. There are never any kids.
    Her: If you were my teacher I would go. :)
    Me: I didn't know you were interested in computer programming!
    Her: Oh, yes, I am interested in... computers. I love hard drives.
    Me: What do you love about hard drives?
    Her: There are external ones and internal. I mostly like the internal hard drive...
    Me: What kind of size are you talking about?
    Her: The bigger hard drive the better.
    Me: Do you have a favorite manufacturer? Like maybe Seagate or Western Digital or something?

The ball is in her court.

this is so unsexy my penis is now an innie

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i should get another external hard drive and back up my music

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Guys, I need to send my resume to someone tonight, like within the next 25 minutes. I'm almost done updating with my current job. This would be an internal move. Anyone willing to look at a few lines to let me know your thoughts? I don't want to paste it publicly.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Me: I like doing my teaching work, but we're having trouble recruiting at the new school. There are never any kids.
    Her: There are external ones and internal. I mostly like the internal hard drive...
    Me: Do you have a favorite manufacturer? Like maybe Seagate or Western Digital or something?

Nerds fucking

ftfy

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "She told me to stick my hard drive in to her software. I'm starting to think she's not interested in programming at all!"

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    man I am almost up to 2 TB of games and music and stuff. These new 30 gig games just like to give you the old one two.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    "She told me to stick my hard drive in to her software. I'm starting to think she's not interested in programming at all!"

A shame too, she was so pretty

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Some of my colleagues and I wrote an academic paper about Dota. One of them posted it on Reddit, it's getting a pretty good reception.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2jtxrr/skillbased_differences_in_team_movement_pattern/

Nothing groundbreaking, but we used data to come up with conclusions!

Did you link it in the Dota2 thread?

Peeps there might be interested.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/190373/dota-2-thread-mid-or-feed-edition#latest
    If you sort out your treatment effects and explicitly state your findings in the conclusion, that is a fantastic paper.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    girl asked to pass her the external

she wants the d:

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Fucking nerds

Seriously, give that her some D

some of that good D

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Oh fuck she was talking about penis the whole time.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Guys, I need to send my resume to someone tonight, like within the next 25 minutes. I'm almost done updating with my current job. This would be an internal move. Anyone willing to look at a few lines to let me know your thoughts? I don't want to paste it publicly.

Yo.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck she was talking about penis the whole time.

and it was my pensi all along! : O

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Yo.

Yo.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Some of my colleagues and I wrote an academic paper about Dota. One of them posted it on Reddit, it's getting a pretty good reception.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2jtxrr/skillbased_differences_in_team_movement_pattern/

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/190373/dota-2-thread-mid-or-feed-edition#latest
    If you sort out your treatment effects and explicitly state your findings in the conclusion, that is a fantastic paper.

I wasn't in charge of writing the paper, and from what I understand we were pretty restricted by the 8-page limit dictated by the conference rules. It's already been submitted and reviewed, so I don't think there will be any significant changes to it, but I'm definitely glad to hear feedback!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

I wasn't in charge of writing the paper, and from what I understand we were pretty restricted by the 8-page limit dictated by the conference rules. It's already been submitted and reviewed, so I don't think there will be any significant changes to it, but I'm definitely glad to hear feedback!
    Ah conference paper! The conclusion is p short and I think it doesn't sell your findings well enough! You did some really novel work and it deserves to be highlighted! :3

• Options
    SCHECK

do you dock?!

or did you give up on docking

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    YOU CAN PLAY MORRIGAN -AND- LELIANNA IN THE NEW DA GAME? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME

I dunno that you can

@Blameless Cleric‌ plz answr

@Ludious‌ @Belasco32‌ you cannot "play" either of them in game, or well, not very much.

Spoiler for anyone trying to stay away from anything Inquisition related before Release, though all info is obvs public knowledge
    Morrigan shows up/is important but we it is confirmed that she will not be playable or part of your party. You cannot romance her and she is not one of the "advisers".

Leliana is one of the advisers. You cannot romance her. However, she does come along with you on missions sometimes. It is unclear whether or not you can actually control her while she is with you. It might be more like when Zevran helps you in the final battle in DA2, wherein the character assists the player but is not really part of your party, per se. I would not be surprised if this is the dynamic they go for, especially since actually making Leli playable during combat would involve some complicated juggling of "can they look at her inventory? what are her abilities? Does she "level"?" etc. etc.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    to comfort myself I shall civ for a bit

which civ

I7EDGek.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I am attending my first conference next week

and I also have one week to write an abstract for another conference

yaaaaay

• Options
    @kedinik: Thanks, I appreciate it. I PM'd you.

Anyone else willing to take a quick scan on a specific block of my resume?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    SCHECK

do you dock?!

everybody must dock

it is the nature of things

its in the tao

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    the fractal map generator on these settings is kinda unfair to the AI for city placement

there's a lot of benefit here to settling in positions that let you use those inland seas/lakes for quick travel, but the AI just doesn't know how to do it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SCHECK

do you dock?!

everybody must dock

its in the tao
    did you ever successfully dock compounds?
    do you publish on that?

• Options

You don't deserve.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Ah conference paper! The conclusion is p short and I think it doesn't sell your findings well enough! You did some really novel work and it deserves to be highlighted! :3

Hopefully we'll do a better job of that when we present the paper at the conference on Thursday.

Oh, I guess since I'm in Toronto I should look up Cass and Choco and co.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Pony wrote: »

I+m+not+sure+what+i+just+read+but+it+feels+_ac08d97bd1f7c13ed597d89b763b2dfb.gif

this would make things so much simpler and easier!

@Pony‌

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    SCHECK

do you dock?!

everybody must dock

its in the tao
    did you ever successfully dock compounds?
    do you publish on that?

the pallid halls of science were not ready for our advanced docking technology

too sexy... too powerful... too pensiful...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    OK well I'll take that as a no. I need to send it now anyway. Kedinik was very helpful anyway. Thanks!

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

This is almost as bad as the following interaction over FB messenger between a hallmate and a lady he was crushing on:
    Girl: "I think I have the flu... ;) "
    Hallmate: "Oh, that's too bad. Hope you feel better soon."
    Girl: "Well I was hoping you could come over and take care of me?"
    Hallmate: "Uh, I'm not really sure how I could help? I mean, I don't want to catch the flu or anything. If you really need some help, I guess I could come over?"
    Girl: "Well, I am pretty sick, but there is a known cure... I was hoping you could bring it with you?"
    Hallmate: "For the flu? Did you read that on the internet? I don't think there's a cure for the flu."
    Girl: "Oh, there is. It's penisillin."
    Hallmate: *runs into BC's room, shows conversation while putting on shoes*

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

This is almost as bad as the following interaction over FB messenger between a hallmate and a lady he was crushing on:
    Hallmate: "Uh, I'm not really sure how I could help? I mean, I don't want to catch the flu or anything. If you really need some help, I guess I could come over?"
    Girl: "Well, I am pretty sick, but there is a known cure... I was hoping you could bring it with you?"
    Hallmate: "For the flu? Did you read that on the internet? I don't think there's a cure for the flu."

Oh my god, that is terrible.

*writes down for later*

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i choose to imagine that guy is running to let the world know they discovered a cure for the flu

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Take note BC, this is how you get yourself a man

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Also I have found a brand of coffee that is clearly selling some sort of fucking celestial ambrosia type beans because dear GOD ABOVE this is delicious.

I cannot even describe.

It is Dean's Beans btw.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

That's still a pretty good The Wire.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I feel like he should explain to her that penisillin and other antibiotics have no effect on viruses and that such usage is only contributing to the formation of deadly strain resistant bacteria

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I feel like he should explain to her that penisillin and other antibiotics have no effect on viruses and that such usage is only contributing to the formation of deadly strain resistant bacteria

Part of the issue is noncompliance though, and we're ok as no bacteria could survive a dose this big

This discussion has been closed.