As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - SPOILERS EDITION [See OP for Spoiler Rules]

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    i did not expect Mockingbird to be Hunter's ex-wife. That could be fun.

I'm still trying to decide if I think she's been brainwashed or not. Simmons bringing up the topic seemed somewhat ominous.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Haha, I loved the internal conversation where Fitz was admiring the man meat.

Also: Fuck Yeah,
    MOCKINGBIRD!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    So about that episode
    Daddy = Maximus the Mad
    Writing = Map to Attilan
    Obelisk = Diviner = Way to find Inhumans among the general population
    ??

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I love this show.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    If you told me during the first half of season 1, I would be watching this weekly, I'd have called you a filthy liar. I watch it starting 30 minutes after air just so I don't have to sit through commercials.
    The Mockingbird reveal was fucking awesome.

Invisible on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    simmonsxmorse

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    bobbixmay

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    natasha+morse

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Simmons x halucination Simmons

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Simmons x halucination Simmons

"You can see them too?"

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    My god, the epilogue. My theory is Skye's father is the season big bad, not Whitehall. When they first met, damn if that doesn't leave an impression of who the character is. That's some Joker Dark Knight shit, no wonder Whitehall agreed to be his partner.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    i did not expect Mockingbird to be Hunter's ex-wife. That could be fun.
    Honestly, I figured it out as soon as I heard she was going to be appearing. Still a great reveal.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I have to say
    After a few lingering hints, they're going to make at least one of Fitzsimmons bi. Both had a bit of a crush going on here.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man,
    I love Skye's dad; tempering his menace with a bit of "gee shucks, I got blood on your desk, let me wipe that off for you" was great. It really felt like he felt bad about accidentally getting blood on the guys desk :D

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Man,
    I love Skye's dad; tempering his menace with a bit of "gee shucks, I got blood on your desk, let me wipe that off for you" was great. It really felt like he felt bad about accidentally getting blood on the guys desk :D

Yeah.
    It was basically "Oh god, that was so rude of me, I'm a guest here."

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Man,

Yeah.
    It was basically "Oh god, that was so rude of me, I'm a guest here."
    30+-+Mayor.jpg

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Like, Buffy-Tara?

... I meant Tyra :(
    The fact that she was blonde on FNL and spent much of it putting up with Hunter Tim doubly reinforces this genius casting choice.

hippofant on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Hydra really needs to get its act together. How could they forget to secretly implant their employees with bombs? I bet that lapse in security would have never happened if Zemo was in charge.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My god, the epilogue. My theory is Skye's father is the season big bad, not Whitehall. When they first met, damn if that doesn't leave an impression of who the character is. That's some Joker Dark Knight shit, no wonder Whitehall agreed to be his partner.

Yeah, dude is amazeballs. The casting on him was great.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Hydra really needs to get its act together. How could they forget to secretly implant their employees with bombs? I bet that lapse in security would have never happened if Zemo was in charge.

That'd get in their way of the hideous torture before the murdering. Hydra has standards.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It would have been funny if Simmons hadn't
    panicked when Hydra got the picture of her holding a SHIELD letter and instead just went, "who photoshopped that? The SHIELD logo doesn't even have the same resolution as the rest of the picture. I had no idea Hydra was so fond of pranks."

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

Also like
    How Bakshi was going to like, unbutton his jacket and draw a gun or do something and Whitehall just gestured like "Nah, man, let it slide, they were just mooks, let's see where he's going with this..."

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

Also like
    How Bakshi was going to like, unbutton his jacket and draw a gun or do something and Whitehall just gestured like "Nah, man, let it slide, they were just mooks, let's see where he's going with this..."
    I like how the scene managed to build both of them as threats. You don't see that often.

Special Agent Cooper was an interesting psycho who killed guys in front of Whitehall like it wasn't an issue for him, and Whitehall was completely unflappable. Not even "I wanted them dead all along" but "Well, no point crying about it." Very nicely done.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Honestly, I think Whitehall was more
    Let's see what he wants before we throw more bodies at him.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    this show just keeps getting better.

but it's also really tiresome to have to keep repeating "no seriously just power through the first 5 or so episodes trust me it's totally worth it"

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Hahaha oh god. The restaurant scene.
    Was stone cold awesome of Coulson...but then I suddenly had a sinking feeling of "oh god they're really going to kill Simmons this time..."

Season 3, Episode 5 or 6. That is when Simmons or Fitz is going to die.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I really like Skye. There was an episode last season where she learned some truth about where she came from and didn't lose her shit over it. Then this episode, she absorbed some more info without going nuclear. I know it's small, but it feels so real and organic. So many shows have their characters go into histrionics about things that, if you really looked at them, aren't that big a deal. Skye's reaction to both episodes was so not "tv character" and that's the best thing.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I really like Skye. There was an episode last season where she learned some truth about where she came from and didn't lose her shit over it. Then this episode, she absorbed some more info without going nuclear. I know it's small, but it feels so real and organic. So many shows have their characters go into histrionics about things that, if you really looked at them, aren't that big a deal. Skye's reaction to both episodes was so not "tv character" and that's the best thing.

Her conversation with Coulson where she absorbed that info was the funniest thing this season IMO.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I was a little surprised that they
    burned two moles. If I was Hydra, I'd be concerned that SHIELD has more infiltrators.

Also, something AV Club pointed out...
    "Wonder Woman" had an invisible jet.

Speculation about sleeper agents...
    Simmons knows the trigger, so that shouldn't be an issue.

• Options
    burned two moles. If I was Hydra, I'd be concerned that SHIELD has more infiltrators.

I very much suspect the trigger isn't "comply". It's some sequence of words, followed by that.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

I very much suspect the trigger isn't "comply". It's some sequence of words, followed by that.
    Right, but Simmons used the trigger phrase on Donnie. So even if we don't see it happen, she should be able to test anyone suspected of being brainwashed.

• Options

Right, but Simmons used the trigger phrase on Donnie. So even if we don't see it happen, she should be able to test anyone suspected of being brainwashed.
    Right, but it's probably not the same trigger. Or they change it up for different "classes" of assets. i.e. you wouldn't want your science team to accidentally discover do it to each other, or know the phrase you use for some members of your security team.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

I'd like it if they exploited this angle.
    If they can't take out a Hydra target, maybe they can create the impression that the target is actually Shield, and get Hydra to clean it up for them?
    Or it can turn out that there's a Hydra cell full of Shield infiltrators, and just the one genuine Hydra member.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

Right, but it's probably not the same trigger. Or they change it up for different "classes" of assets. i.e. you wouldn't want your science team to accidentally discover do it to each other, or know the phrase you use for some members of your security team.
    Best office prank ever

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So Bobbi Morse,
    Is obviously a sleeper agent or double agent still working for Hydra right? They cut away from the point when she was going to beat up Bakshi then appeared completely unharmed on the roof and later Bakshi looked totally fine in the office.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    "damnit stevens, quit using the trigger words to make johnson make you a bagel"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    So Bobbi Morse,
    Is obviously a sleeper agent or double agent still working for Hydra right? They cut away from the point when she was going to beat up Bakshi then appeared completely unharmed on the roof and later Bakshi looked totally fine in the office.

That has me worried, yeah.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Great episode.
    I am not sure if Bobbi is a double agent. That almost seems too easy to me.

But also the moment they called her Madam I was like Madame Hydra? But then she ends up being Mockingbird.

Maybe.

The fact they have us questioning if she is a real agent, double agent, sleeper or whatever is interesting.

Kind of want her to be Madame Hydra. But maybe not.

Viper_(Madame_Hydra)_(14).jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Comic book artists really have to realize at some point that you don't spray paint clothes on. I can't even imagine how bad the wedgies in some of those outfits would be.

But yes,
    Morse has almost got to be a triple agent, but I suspect that she's brainwashed to not know it. Simmons will have to science a way to fix her enormous new girlfriend.

This discussion has been closed.