As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]I want a Sandwich, I Make a Sandwich, I Eat the Sandwich

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    My god this last weeks episode of Boardwalk Emipire might have been the best of the entire series.

Going to be sad to see it go this Sunday.

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    I couldn't make it through the first episode of Selfie, but kept hearing good things about the show since. Decided to give it another shot and it's working out. That pilot is still rough, to me personally, but yeah, that show totally grows into itself pretty quickly.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I will watch anything with John Cho

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just got to the point in Scrubs where Brendan Fraser dies.

"Where do you think we are?"

Hits me hard in the feels everytime.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Feelings

Scrub was so good with those gutpunches, for a while. They got a little forced in later years, but stuff like "My Old Lady," "My Bed Banter and Beyond," the Ben stuff and its fallout - brutal. Good brutal, but brutal.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Absolutely. Another example of a great show where the main focus character is my least favorite and all of the other characters make the show.

I still believe in Dr. Perry Cox as the best character in the history of television.

• Options
    It's weird how excited I am for How to Get Away With Murder tonight. I didn't think I was going to like the show at all. When you end an episode with the final line they did last week though... It gets you excited.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Absolutely. Another example of a great show where the main focus character is my least favorite and all of the other characters make the show.

I still believe in Dr. Perry Cox as the best character in the history of television.

I'd put Walter White as my vote.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Maybe John Locke for 2nd place.

• Options
    I loved hating Walter White and John Locke.

JD is just an asshole most of the time.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    The thing that always gets me with Locke is how
    the real Locke is dead for almost the entire last two seasons of the show. I mean, obviously, but for a long time I kept having to remind myself "Oh yeah, Locke totally got murdered 2/3rds of the way through the show. Huh."

• Options
    I think my favorite cringe-worthy part of the latest Between Two Ferns: With Brad Pitt was...

Zach: "Is it hard for you to maintain a suntan?"
    Brad: "Why?"
    Zach: "Because you live in your wife's shadow."

• Options
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Feelings

Scrub was so good with those gutpunches, for a while. They got a little forced in later years, but stuff like "My Old Lady," "My Bed Banter and Beyond," the Ben stuff and its fallout - brutal. Good brutal, but brutal.

Even more than those big ones is just how constant the idea of death and not being able to really help is in the early seasons of Scrubs. Like the cartoonishness absolutely gets annoying later on, but for its best seasons it's totally necessary, because otherwise the show would've been absolutely pitch black. In the pilot JD's first scene at the hospital is listening to a speech about how if you think you just killed your patient - and at some point you will kill your patient - don't tell anyone. The second(?) episode is a dude who's way smarter than JD dropping out of internship because the crushing stress breaks him. JD's silly fantasies are explicitly a coping mechanism, not because he's a moron.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so we're doing Twin Peaks for the show tonight

I intend to call AJ Diane the entire time

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Feelings

Even in the lackluster later seasons, the scene where an incompetent intern
    unknowingly infects and kills that older lady who finally had a clean bill of health was heartbreaking. And they did it with a visual effect that was foreshadowed that episode where Kelso talks about the spread of disease (which I thought was unnecessary until I saw the payoff).

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The organ donar episode of Scrubs was amazingly heartbreaking. That ending.

Ah. "My Lunch" according to scrubipedia

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    The episodes where Cox loses it are always the best. So much raw emotion in that character and John C. McGinley played him perfectly.

You always felt what Cox wad feeling

• Options
    I'm watching the pilot of Blackish.

And I really enjoy it.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    On one hand, I'm happy that Black-ish seems to be doing well. On the other hand I'm sad because that might mean no more Jack Crawford.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    On one hand, I'm happy that Black-ish seems to be doing well. On the other hand I'm sad because that might mean no more Jack Crawford.

Or a very reduced role...?

• Options
    So I watched 4 more episodes of Blackish.

And.... I laugh out loud harder & more often than any other sitcom currently on TV.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Fishburne has said Jack's definitely back in S3 and he'll be splitting his time between Black-ish and Hannibal.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    finally got to watch the season 2 premier of house of cards

hot damn that last half of the episode was just incredible

kevin spacey is so good

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I've decided to record Constantine...I guess we will see

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh my god
    Keith Mars rousting that deadbeat tenant

• Options
    Enrico Colantoni is the fucking best.

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    I like Constantine. For a first episode it had some fun dialog and I like fallen angels.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh my god
    Keith Mars rousting that deadbeat tenant

Papa Mars is the best tv dad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I think my favorite cringe-worthy part of the latest Between Two Ferns: With Brad Pitt was...

Zach: "Is it hard for you to maintain a suntan?"
    Brad: "Why?"
    Zach: "Because you live in your wife's shadow."

That was good but the best was:

"Tell me what it was like when you first laid eyes on Angelina. Was it like one of those classic love stories, like when Ross first saw Rachel?"

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/ba8dtjlj-M0

hey

you should be watching Sleepy Hollow

• Options
    Cipher
    As in, Lou Cipher

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Cipher
    As in, Lou Cipher

Is he secretly... Batman?

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Just watched Arrow season 2, episode nine (aka Barry Part 2), wherein
    Oliver sees dead people. Awww Tommy. It was pretty much a standard "You're awesome" pep talk, but I love surprise cameos like that.

Also, now I can stop wondering when Roger Cross' inevitable death would happen.

• Options
    I enjoyed Constantine. That's surprising.

Reminds a little of early Supernatural.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I enjoyed Constantine. That's surprising.

Reminds a little of early Supernatural.

My only complaint was that Nergal looked kind of silly.

webber on
  • Options
    Nermal?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Abby Nermal

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Once again proving everything associated with Garfield is evil.

• Options
    Garfield knows Nermal is evil!

This discussion has been closed.