As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Use your grappling hooks to protect yourself from insurgents for 5 full nights.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Madican wrote: »
    I just remembered that VC has Skies of Arcadia characters in it.

WHAT.

Ok. I knew it was a cult classic that put it on my radar.

But shiiiiitttttt. My favorite RPG after Kotor? Like, I got the gamecube re-release too. Can we just spend the next few pages talking about Skies of Arcadia? Please?

My heart strings.

EDIT: Welp looks like I don't even need to ask for a recommendation, everyone is gushing over it pretty much everywhere I go. Maybe it'll have a sale in winter.

Appropo of nothing, what would your Steam account be?

I'm on mobile, and curious.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    It's pretty awesome see VC getting so much love. It looks like it's going to be a big success and hopefully encourage more games like this.

Does anyone know how the dlc worked for it? I'm assuming it's separate so you can play it outside of the main story and don't have to worry about leveling characters.

Correct. Edy's is a standalone mission featuring some of the secondary squaddies, while Selvaria's is more of a mini-campaign from the Imperial side. Both are separate from the main story; I believe the latter unlocks a bigass machine gun for your shocktroopers to use.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I am not familiar with Skies of Arcadia.
    Antoshka wrote: »

WHAT.

But shiiiiitttttt. My favorite RPG after Kotor? Like, I got the gamecube re-release too. Can we just spend the next few pages talking about Skies of Arcadia? Please?

My heart strings.

EDIT: Welp looks like I don't even need to ask for a recommendation, everyone is gushing over it pretty much everywhere I go. Maybe it'll have a sale in winter.

@Antoshka‌ Opposing Farce. There's a space.

Hey, If I get bombed, I see no point in not helping the bombardier.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    There I was, minding my own business in the Steam chat, when I notice something odd in the top corner of Steam: 12355vmh6791.png

Turns out @Shade‌ hit me with Hydrophobia: Prophecy and Nimble Quest! Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I've now got carpal tunnel syndrome from awesome'ing posts. I hope y'all are proud of yourselves.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

WHAT.

My heart strings.

Trap, It's a. see Ackbar.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'll be honest, I'm just clicking buttons blindly at this point; half awesome, half the others. Got a 50-50 chance of awesomeing something that is not, in fact, awesome. I can live with those odds.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

WHAT.

My heart strings.

Trap, It's a. see Ackbar.

Creepy Watson is always aware of traps. He even makes some himself.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

You fly around the map getting ambushed by level one enemies that run away before you can attack.

Then you attack Kaiju and recruit crewmembers. Oh, and you're an air pirate.

It's kind of fun.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    There I was, playing some Diablo 3 waiting on a friend and watching Berry's stream of A Lovely Walk in the Woods...

"I have to find all the dead babies for the water horse guy."
    What the what?

And up pops a window courtesy of @Iolo‌ for Card City Nights! I've heard good things and now I get to check it out myself! Thank you thank you!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I have returned to my desktop after a fine dinner to find a chat window bearing a slice of humble bundle from @Maguano‌. Within the link is Among The Sleep, a game that I've been super interested in checking out since I first saw previews for it. So as I was thanking Maguano of course my Steam locks up and a new window appears.

lOkg9Nt.jpg

Seems like @Iolo had to get in a parting shot for my gift of stranded by returning fire with a copy of Black Ice, the cyberpunk FPS/Rogue-lite mashup. So yeah, FPS, neon pew pew lazorz and roguelike/RPG elements? My free time is over there in the corner, weeping and shaking its head.

• Options

You fly around the map getting ambushed by level one enemies that run away before you can attack.

It's kind of fun.

Also you have the absolute best soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dI5z7brL9I

Tell me that doesn't make you want to sail off into the wild blue yonder, boldly seeking adventure and plunder, a life of freedom and excitement as you search for One Piece the moon crystals.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular

It's kind of fun.

It also had an absolutely nutso random encounter rate. Even with it turned down a coupla notches from the DC version (or at least so i heard...never had the chance to play anything on DC, m'self), you were tripping over fights every other step.

Damn but that game was awesome. All the characters were chipper go-getters, too...bucking a JRPGtrend at the time. And the ship-to-ship battles....

Damn....now it's my heartstrings.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I've always wanted to play that game, but I've never owned any of the systems they decided to put it on

edit: came back to my computer to see that @shade left me with Dead Pixels and Nimble Quest. I guess I have to conga away now

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    In the Gamecube version, there's only one specific area where the random battle encounter was obscene.

• Options
    I don't think I ever finished Skies. I got to the final dungeon after completing all the sidequests and optional fights and then my Wii developed an overheating issue so I never got to finish.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Was watching Bery play through Year Walk when @Stabbity Style‌ snuck up on me with a frightening gift.
    P5WPld8.jpg
    Thank you very much, I've heard great things.
    I was aiming for a terror screenshot, but I think I only managed kind of creeped out.

Updated with actual fear!

akajaybay on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ?.jpeg
    5 Seconds later, shit went crazy, my horse killed a man.

?.jpeg

Didn't get my character or our other companion in the shot, still thought this was a good picture of Lydia.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    As I was taking a break from @Berylline's gift of Gods Will Be Watching, @Iolo came along with something brightly coloured.

tKohKRS.png
    Phew. This won't have anyone torn in half in a torture dungeon. Thanks Iolo.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Was Skies of Arcadia the one with the Skittles tie in? Or the one that was a card game?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

WHAT.

My heart strings.

@Antoshka‌ Opposing Farce. There's a space.

Hey, If I get bombed, I see no point in not helping the bombardier.

vader.jpg

Also: GUYS WE DID IT. Literally everyone in the adventure team owns a game: XCOM:EU! Because not a soul entered my last week-long giveaway.

Please take it. No pressure to beat it quickly either - I know I get nervous about letting gifted games sit. Feels ungrateful. But seriously, no pressure.
    signature.png

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I see class has been dispensed from all corners of the Steam thread to unsuspecting victims. Excellent. I haven't yet been able to scope out the sale, but is there anything mind-blowing on it? I see VC is now on PC which is nuts, I didn't even know a port was being developed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I have returned to my desktop after a fine dinner to find a chat window bearing a slice of humble bundle from @Maguano‌. Within the link is Among The Sleep, a game that I've been super interested in checking out since I first saw previews for it. So as I was thanking Maguano of course my Steam locks up and a new window appears.

lOkg9Nt.jpg

Seems like @Iolo had to get in a parting shot for my gift of stranded by returning fire with a copy of Black Ice, the cyberpunk FPS/Rogue-lite mashup. So yeah, FPS, neon pew pew lazorz and roguelike/RPG elements? My free time is over there in the corner, weeping and shaking its head.

Cyberpunk FPS/Rogue-lite neon pew pew lazorz, you say?

I'm listening.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Holy crap people, when will the madness stop?

Take @Shade‌ here for example:

edadL1r.png

Just subjecting me to being hunted by robots. Madness I say, Madness!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So there's a game on Steam called Hail to the King: Deathbat. I was mightily intrigued just based on the name...then I looked at the description:
    Deathbat is a 3rd person, overhead dungeon crawler action RPG in the vein of The Legend of Zelda, Gauntlet Legends, and Diablo. The game’s story is based on the mythical origin of the Deathbat, Avenged Sevenfold’s logo and mascot.
    I really don't know what to think about this one. Diablo-clone based on a band mascot of the year (DCBOABMOTY)?

EDIT: @The Pink Skull set some kind of land-speed gifting record by depositing Deathbat into my Steam library less than 5 minutes after I posted this. Thanks, Pixie :)

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    While inbox-zeroing, I discovered that I have a random code for Ichi.

*tosses it into the forum and archives the email*

Loading...?

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    SO close to 100 gifts!

I'm starting to run out of targets......

• Options
    Target Antoshka just to be safe. Isorn, Big Classy, and Pixie are also good targets since they're in the "Get to 2000" contest.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So there's a game on Steam called Hail to the King: Deathbat. I was mightily intrigued just based on the name...then I looked at the description:
    Deathbat is a 3rd person, overhead dungeon crawler action RPG in the vein of The Legend of Zelda, Gauntlet Legends, and Diablo. The game’s story is based on the mythical origin of the Deathbat, Avenged Sevenfold’s logo and mascot.
    I really don't know what to think about this one. Diablo-clone based on a band mascot of the year (DCBOABMOTY)?

I looked at the screenshots and thought "That looks like a mobile game".

Sure enough, the trailer has blurbs about the app store.

Isn't avenged sevenfold a shitty screamo band? We could be looking at a modern Revolution X here.
    Except Aerosmith is actually good

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @shade has decided that I need to be more nimale, and gifted me Nimble Quest, which looks snakey.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    I bought a game for myself today - strike one! I beat a game today - strike two! It was the same game that I bought, so that means I beat a game on the same day that I got it - strike three!

I hope I can make things a little bit better by giving away said game. Here's the culprit:

signature.png

If you like puzzle games this one is a real gem and it looks amazing.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Sorry for the delay on the PM's for the extra steam keys. Was out of town and busy watch my beloved team in the World Series.

Got these left if anyone wants them:
    King Arthurs gold x2 i think?
    Lone Survivor: The Directors cut.
    Cubetractor

MOBA's OR MMO's, NOBODY CARES:
    Guardians of Middle-Earth
    Landmark 1 week CLosed beta (Everquest?)
    Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack
    RIFT starter pack
    Trove Closed Beta Humble - Extra Life Starter Pack

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The only good Avenged Sevenfold (or A7X, as the kids call them) related game is that Guitar Hero that had that one decent song from them in it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Just after I started my stream, I saw a little chat pop-up from @Maguano. I didn't get a chance to look at it until I finished, but it was a humble bundle code for Our Darker Purpose. Thank you so much! So much class going on in here tonight! <3

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Berylline is superawesome and gifted me Gone Home
    HUGE thanks

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Woo hoo! I'm going to buy my Mom the Walking Dead.

A quick question, if I buy her Season 2 will it include Season 1 as well? It kinda makes sense since its twice the price of what they're selling Season 1 for.

//edit\\

I would look for my answer on the Steam TWD forum but I haven't played Season 2 yet and I'm scared to stumble upon a spoiler. Could somebody do it for me?

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular

Isn't avenged sevenfold a shitty screamo band? We could be looking at a modern Revolution X here.

Good gods, I thought I knew my obscure arcade games but that one threw me for a loop.
    RevolutionX_arcadeflyer.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Good gods, I thought I knew my obscure arcade games but that one threw me for a loop.
    RevolutionX_arcadeflyer.png

Revolution x was fun in the arcade. The home ports... not so much.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Does anyone want a Melting Snowflake item for War Thunder?
    Or a Coat of Arms - Green Farmer item for Stronghold Kingdoms?
    Or a Santa's Beard item for Ragnarok Online 2?

These are all free to play items that I got like a year ago in some steam thing and they're worthless to me, so if no one wants them I'm gonna shuffle them off to trashbot.

edit: I had Revolution X on the Genesis and it was godawful.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So, after reading about how excited everyone was about Valkyria Chronicles, I decided to look into it and then it went on the wishlist. Just a few hours later, @Viking decided I should own it. Thank you so much! I'm excited to try this one out! <3
    dioQrVt.png

This discussion has been closed.