As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Use your grappling hooks to protect yourself from insurgents for 5 full nights.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Does anyone get random messages with no text? I can't tell if it's some kind of robospam or if it's some just hitting the wrong key.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Greaaaat come back to 7 pages...oh and a gift? Neat, well I better look at the damage.

yxLiNLL.png?1

Thanks @Stolls! Really just curious about it from the Extra Credits mention but I'll take it all the same.

Even avoiding the direct gift-bomber doesn't save me from collateral classiness it seems!

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    You're all insane. It usually takes like, the first ten minutes of my morning commute to catch up on thread - today, it has taken 30, and my finger may fall off from all the awesoming. Stay classy, you lot - great way to start the day.

Also apparently there's a sale on? That's the next ten minutes before I get in, then!

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    In @TeeMan's excitement over The Forest of Doom (which is pretty exciting, Fighting Fantasy books rock) he may have snuck into my Steam library and planted incriminating evidence!

4cRFNh1.jpg

I had a total blast with Choice of the Deathless, so this is going right up to the top of the playlist. The class doesn't stop, it's just criminal!

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I'd love if interactive fiction found a home on a regular Kindle. You need to download them through an Amazon app atm and I don't like reading for long periods on my phone

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Holy crap The Forest of Doom is on steam!? POW! Right in the childhood! Couple this with the Choice of Games games and it's a great time for interactive novels that I hope continues to pick up... uhh steam.

Not to mention that classic of classics, Hatoful Boyfriend. Any visual novel/dating simulator that doesn't star pigeons is hardly a visual novel/dating simulator at all!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I'd love if interactive fiction found a home on a regular Kindle. You need to download them through an Amazon app atm and I don't like reading for long periods on my phone

I'm pretty sure there is an interpreter for jailbroken Kindles, you'd just have to supply the files for the games themselves.

I thought about getting it for my second gen paperwhite because I've been thinking of playing A Mind Forever Voyaging again.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    five pages!? Oh right, sale. Carry on.

Also, a massive thanks to @berylline who decided to gift me a nightmare from my past. Exams. Namely, Final Exam. The anxiety, IT BURNS!

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    The best part is most of it hasn't been from the halloween sale, most of the gifts have been Valkyria Chronicles. Which is great.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    VC is still on sale 25% off I think

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Where!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I don't know. It's in the thread I shut it out because I have a bad will save.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I played it on ps3 and got pinned super hard by the first boss so this is a good reason to give it a go. Also 1080/60

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Catching up on the crazy class of this thread is always such a great way to start the day.

@Antoshka wasn't quite finished last night. After firing VC my way, Vampire: Colons also appeared.

pdha92a7cumo.png

Big thank you again! But I've had to politely decline this one as I do already own it on ancient discs! I'm sure it'll find a loving home though from someone who has yet to experience its awesomeness!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    getdarkergetdarker Registered User regular
    Wow! What an amazing year it's been.. So much fun. Many thanks for the kind words, support, etc. You guys are awesome.

Happy Halloween to all!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    VC is still on sale 25% off I think
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Where!
    Orogogus wrote: »
    FYI, Valkyria Chronicles is $14.40 (US) through GMG with 20% discount code SPOOKY-TREATS-GMG20X.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    So @corriganx won't let me join his Farming server :(

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @Antoshka's rampage has not yet stopped, folks.

6fm1h06pu91a.jpg

In unrelated news, today's not-so-secret word is THANK YOU! Or maybe that's two words. Or even a phrase. Still.

Cheers, you excessively classy lunatic awesome dude! Really looking forward to this, it looks awesomesauce. <3

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    i return from checking my eyelids for pinholes, and what do i see? That witch of a bunny has hexed me
    uShl2aA.png
    thanks @Berylline‌

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    I'm a few threads behind on this one but ever since getting the new telly and having, for lack of a better term, a mancave, I had decided to buy some blu ray movies and such. I've settled on the Prometheus to Alien Evolution set mainly from @The Pink Skull‌s' reaction to it.

Gonna get suitably terrified before jumping into Isolation!

• Options
    Not really a shock at this point, but still a bit sad: Prey 2 has been officially canned. Definitely a shame, it showed promise once upon a time.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Not really a shock at this point, but still a bit sad: Prey 2 has been officially canned. Definitely a shame, it showed promise once upon a time.

It's better to check out than to go home all fucked up.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    So Farming Sim, am I tractoring correctly?
    ?.png
    We need a Farming Simulator x Goat Simulator crossover.
    Goat vs machine, the ultimate showdown.

• Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    ?.png
    We need a Farming Simulator x Goat Simulator crossover.
    Goat vs machine, the ultimate showdown.

Half goat, half machine, all farmer.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I spent 13k on a lawnmower attachment for my tractor, knowing I can do missions to make the money back. All the missions have been bullshit forklift ones! I WANT TO MOW. I AM MEXICAN. THIS IS MY HERITAGE.

#boycottfarmingsim

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Man, I've never considered the farming games seriously, but @corriganX is really making me think about my preconceived notions of what makes a game so fun.

I mean, that sounds like it has all the elements of what I loved about other sim games of the past. I can just barely afford to build this roller coaster, but I'm pretty sure that people will like it enough to make my money back in the first year.

If only it worked so well in real life. "If I buy this game, it will make me more money to buy more games!"

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I spent 13k on a lawnmower attachment for my tractor, knowing I can do missions to make the money back. All the missions have been bullshit forklift ones! I WANT TO MOW. I AM MEXICAN. THIS IS MY HERITAGE.

#boycottfarmingsim

You're a glorious encapsulation of all that is crazy in this community.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    After watching the latest Super Bunnyhop review, I realllyyy hope Door Kickers goes into discount at the Christmas Sale

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

If you read through the GAF thread, it's been well known for a while now that Human Head had stopped development on Prey 2 a while ago, due to Bethesda basically strongarming them into selling their company and HH going on strike in response. That game has effectively been "cancelled" since then, this is just a public acknowledgement of that.

"Prey 2" was then moved to Arkane (the Dishonored guys) and they basically had to start over from scratch due to legal stuff, I think.

So I'm not actually sure if there's still going to be a game called Prey 2. It's a weird tactic to publicly say a game is cancelled when the game isn't cancelled, but maybe Bethesda is cutting their losses after realizing the IP is fairly worthless because who gives a FUCK about Prey/Tommy? So expect a cyber punk future bounty hunter game from Arkane in the next few years that is legally and distinctly NOT Prey.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

#boycottfarmingsim

Not that that's a bad thing.

Oh man, one hour left until I hand over my work Oncall duties over to the next shmuck. Gonna play all the games this weekend.

Though, who am I really kidding? My game time this weekend will probably end up similar to the below:

15% Borderlands: TPS
    35% TERA
    50% World of Warcraft. cause some of my rl friends are jerkasses and decided that I should join them in their madness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    lzxpihcmn8em.jpg

Woke up to discover there'd been a gifting in the night. Thanks to @SoundsPlush‌ for some King's Bounty goodness! <3<3<3 Loved Armored Princess and looking forward to trying this one out!

And yes, I am totally aware of the Stephen Kingness of this trip... :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    All this Valkyria Chronicles excitement has got me thinking there's a couple more games with "Valkyrie" in the title that we need on Steam: GunValkyrie (one of the most bonkers and astonishing exclusives for the original Xbox) and Valkyrie Profile (the PSP version of which was probably my favorite JRPG ever, probably because it was just so different as well as Norse-themed and atmospheric).

Unlikely? Definitely. But both games' publishers have been porting unlikely things to PC via Steam of late...

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

#boycottfarmingsim

Not that that's a bad thing.

Oh man, one hour left until I hand over my work Oncall duties over to the next shmuck. Gonna play all the games this weekend.

Though, who am I really kidding? My game time this weekend will probably end up similar to the below:

15% Borderlands: TPS
    35% TERA
    50% World of Warcraft. cause some of my rl friends are jerkasses and decided that I should join them in their madness.

I just got back into Wow because @Khildith is an asshole. Hit me up CorriganX#1802 in NA

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    So @corriganx won't let me join his Farming server :(
    This is some lies right here, Corrigan and I pleaded with Isy to join us in farming Bro-op.
    Sleep beats Bro-op apparently

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options

If you read through the GAF thread, it's been well known for a while now that Human Head had stopped development on Prey 2 a while ago, due to Bethesda basically strongarming them into selling their company and HH going on strike in response. That game has effectively been "cancelled" since then, this is just a public acknowledgement of that.

"Prey 2" was then moved to Arkane (the Dishonored guys) and they basically had to start over from scratch due to legal stuff, I think.

So I'm not actually sure if there's still going to be a game called Prey 2. It's a weird tactic to publicly say a game is cancelled when the game isn't cancelled, but maybe Bethesda is cutting their losses after realizing the IP is fairly worthless because who gives a FUCK about Prey/Tommy? So expect a cyber punk future bounty hunter game from Arkane in the next few years that is legally and distinctly NOT Prey.

Yeah, the exciting things around Prey 2 did seem to revolve around it really not actually being a sequel to Prey, nor connected to it in anything more than a very tangential way. But on its own merits it sounded like a great concept. If Arkane slap another title on it but run with the game's concept, even if that concept is just "Blade Runner with aliens", color me intrigued.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Apparently a 10 minute dissertation on the plight of the American farmer isn't enough of a reason for my wife to break our spending freeze. So I'm going to do the obvious next step to convince her: Powerpoint. Maybe I'll post a copy here when it's done.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Choice of Games has a new game out? Wishlisted.

Now if they would only port over Slammed and everything else they made...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Lead with this.
    ?.png

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Lead with this.
    ?.png

Why is the speed in mph and the fuel is in liters? Crazy farmers...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    So Valkyria Chronicles is turn based ala Xcom? Video i saw was a little confusing on that point.

This discussion has been closed.