As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Singularity Satans 2014

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wait, so are we meant to chuck our wishlist posts in this thread or the next one mentioned in the OP?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Sent my email in. Had an amazon wishlist link but I might edit this post with other suggestion as I come up with them

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh man. Do I do this or do I not do this.

I want to and was sad not to last year. But material things are going to be fairly pointless to me as I'm flying away on adventures in the middle of January and can't take much with me.

Aaagh dilemma.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    !signup

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oh man. Do I do this or do I not do this.

I want to and was sad not to last year. But material things are going to be fairly pointless to me as I'm flying away on adventures in the middle of January and can't take much with me.

Aaagh dilemma.

Adventures where?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was just about to ask when this was going live.

In.

8406wWN.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    You guys know what's awesome?

8406wWN.png
    Satan.

8406wWN.png
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I've been refreshing the forums a lot the past two days waiting for this thread to appear.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh yes a wishlist post!
    I am a laidback dude, I have a steam account (http://steamcommunity.com/id/bucketman86/) with a wishlist, I also could use a nice pair of warm slippers! I am a mens 11 1/2 wide shoe. And really anything tea or coffee related is cool. I also have a Keurag coffee thing! I also enjoy beer and really anything Thinkgeek has is cool. I could in theory use more RAM or a new processor for my PC. My RAM slot type is DDR 3 1600 and my CPU type is LGA 1150. I currently only have 8 gig or RAM and This processor. Also I like boardgames! I have a few, like Risk Legacy and Betrayal on House on the Hill and Epic Battle Wizards and Super Dungeon Explore. OH! And I want to learn how to paint mini figs for like Dnd games and the like. So those are a few ideas.

Also I love coffee and tea.

Also Satan, if you want to do a video game thing, Bucketman86 is my Origin name and Dragon Age Inquisition just came out

Bucketman on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    I think this is the first year I'm gonna have to give Satans a miss :(

Oh well, I will just have to do in-person Satans while I'm in the US for Christmas :biggrin:

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    e-mail is sent!

guess I'll put my wishlist in my sig?

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I think this is the first year I'm gonna have to give Satans a miss :(

Oh well, I will just have to do in-person Satans while I'm in the US for Christmas :biggrin:

Noooo

BUT

Yesssssssssssss

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The OP seemed to indicate that you must do your wishlist post BEFORE signing up, so I would say that posting them in this thread is okay.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    The OP seemed to indicate that you must do your wishlist post BEFORE signing up, so I would say that posting them in this thread is okay.

Yep! Either a post or an amazon link, but you have to have something for your Satan to work with

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Wait, so are we meant to chuck our wishlist posts in this thread or the next one mentioned in the OP?

In this thread if you don't have an amazon one.

Also, I already have one wishlist that was said to be not updated.
    Please update them before signing up.

And have more than 2-3 items; give people some real ideas of what you like.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hey there Dark Lord! Thanks in advance for sending me things and stuff!

I'm a 25-year-old lady with an abundant love for nerdy things and also girly stuff.
    • I love video games; I currently own an N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, 360, PC, DS and 3DS. I like RPGs a whole bunch and could use more games specifically for my 3DS because I'll be bussing a lot for my new job. My favourite games at the moment are Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4, virtually any Zelda game, Wolf Among Us, Fire Emblem Awakening and pretty much the entire Bioware catalog.
    • I really like comic books but tend to splurge on a ton of recent trades and then wait a bunch of months until more trades come out. I used to read the Ultimate marvel series religiously, then took a few years break from the industry altogether and am only getting back into comics now. I recently read issues 1-11 of the Hawkeye series and would love to get more of that. I'm also waiting to get the first volume of the Bendis run on Guardians of the Galaxy (so volume 2 and above would be neat!), as well as some good trades of Captain Marvel since I haven't read much of Carol Danvers' stuff. I also used to read a ton of Batman trades, but if any good ones have come out recently I haven't read them; I own The Long Halloween, Year One, Killing Joke, and Hush.
    • Board games are great because then I can have people over to play them! I like games that are somewhere between medium and high-level strategy, or that have a big social element because then I can be manipulative like whoa. I've already got Catan, a bunch of zombie games, Game of Thrones, Shogun, Pirate Flux, Saboteur, Betrayal at House on the Hill and a few others in that style. I also super like Spartacus but don't own it yet!
    • New makeup is also welcome. I love the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadows and could use the other ones in that line. Any fancy holiday kits would be awesome too. I've got blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin if that helps with the product selection.
    • I recently got a new apartment and would like some new things to put in it! Are you good at art? I'd love to have something you can make! I've got a few bare walls that could use something to put up; I also have a mantle that currently only has a Portal gun and a few books on it. I wouldn't mind something neat to put on there. My room is pretty modern and I'll probably have a post or two of pictures in the renting thread once my furniture is fully over there within the next two weeks.
    • If you want to get clothes I can send you my measurements through someone else or the SMS system. I love dresses!

That's all I can think of at the moment. I've got my Amazon list in my signature and will update it soon!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hail Satan!

Dear Satan,

You can find my Amazon wishlist here. I tried to provide a variety of things in different price ranges to make it as easy as possible for anyone, but obviously you don't have to use the list as anything other than a general idea of things that I like. If you have any difficulties though and would like more details about what I might need or already have then I suggest talking to @Langly or @Lostwords (Lostwords is also dating my roommate so she would probably be really helpful.)

As much as I would like to update my work wardrobe, clothes would probably be really difficult for me due to sizing, but if your heart is really set on something my roommate can probably help you with sizing and keeping it a surprise. We currently have a DS, PS3, PS2, Xbox 360, and a Wii in the apartment if you are interested in games. I also have a Kindle Fire and like to read during my commute and a Steam account.

Hope this helps! Can't wait!

Sassori on
    Ok cool, initial post updated.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yo Satan!
    Let's just get this straight: I am a colossal nerd. My wishlist reflects that. I'm on something of a Murakami kick as far as books go, but I don't have as much time to read as I'd like (took me the better part of 5 months to finish 1Q84 and I haven't started on Colorless Tsukuru yet). If you're a crafty satan, I have a bit of bad news. I live in Honolulu, so knit and crochet stuff isn't something I could really wear. If you're feeling ambitious after that, know that I wear a large shirt and my pants are 32L38W. My preference in t-shirts is stuff that isn't too loud, nor do I really wear nerdy shirts. Baked goods should be able to make it out here okay if they're suitably padded, though I'm a bit picky (no nuts or coconut please). Glass will survive if it's wrapped up carefully and shoved in a thick sock. I'm always on the lookout for a good pair of jeans. The only console I really use these days is my Vita, since I prefer PC stuff, but I do have a 3DS (I don't own any current gen consoles apart from those two). Speaking of PC, I am broke as hell and a big fan of Dragon Age, and I am currently wrestling with nuking my budget or holding off on buying Inquisition for a month and a half. Where the forums are concerned, I mostly hang out in the webcomic thread with the rest of the degenerates (my favorites being Bad Machinery and Paranatural. I'm snarky and I like to drink. I'm also a grad student, that rare and possibly heretical sort that prefers tea to coffee. And I really can't think of what else to tell you! I'll keep updating this until something arrives in the mail, or when I run out of ideas.

Books that I'm too lazy to throw on to my wishlist that I'd be interested in: Snow Crash (Neal Stephenson), Hellblazer trades. I'll try to update this a bit further, since I wasn't very helpful when Neville asked me for ideas to pass along.

My Origin info is Skeith808 (I have no idea how to link to that page, sorry) and here is my Steam. I should mention that in most cases, I'm a bit bad about playing games I get gifted; my wishlist is mainly for watching sales.

Important: I'm going to be away for a week, 12/11-12/18. If you were planning to send something during that window, it should be fine as I have several roommates, but I won't be able to post about it before the 18th.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    GMail may have freaked out on me and crashed my tab and this may have resulted in sending a half finished email.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That's a paddlin'

List up to date.
    Also happy most everyone is game to help us try out the system.
    Hoping it will be ready around when we send out the matches.

nevillexmassig1.png
    oh, it should maybe be noted that I have no idea what SMS means because I'm OLD

I just said yes because I didn't want to be uncool

it's like a telegram for your PDA

8406wWN.png
    edited November 2014
    PDA

what the hell

edit: jesus, I am old

edit2:

lphwx63en9v0.jpg

Xaquin on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    SMS = text message

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    oh

well hell, that I get

so, hey, what's up Satan?

You wanna know a little bit about lil' old me?

Well, here's the skinny. I'm a dork about D&D. Swords, orcs, dragons, wizards, all that shit? Yeah, that's the good stuff. I build tiny dungeons and collect hella miniatures and am always on the look-out for new tools and toys for that shit.

I got me a record player and am always up for a good record. Check out my amazon wish list (in my sig, seriously it's got like 500 things on it at this point) for ideas there.

I like tools. I like to cook. I collect unusual dice and I make video games and table top games and paint and draw and I like toys and rad shit.

I mean... I'm me. Not exactly a tough dude to figure out. I dig metal and monster trucks and sharks and fireworks and ogres and wizards and shit.

It ain't rocket science.

(oh, wait, I also like rocket science.)

8406wWN.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    You mentioned you were covering costs for SMS, are those extensive? Is there a way to help with it?

Psykoma wrote: »
    You mentioned you were covering costs for SMS, are those extensive?

It depends on how much the service gets used. I won't know more until it starts up.
    Is there a way to help with it?

Hmm. Let me get back to you on that.

nevillexmassig1.png
    neville wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    You mentioned you were covering costs for SMS, are those extensive?

It depends on how much the service gets used. I won't know more until it starts up.
    Is there a way to help with it?

Hmm. Let me get back to you on that.

Depending on what the costs end up being this year you might save some time from doing some sort of small sign up fee next year. Like a $1 processing fee.

edited November 2014
    No, Secret Satans will always be free as long as @Usagi and I run it.

We will talk about a way to take donations to help cover costs (if they get large enough), but nothing mandatory.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    Neville you and Usagi are the coolest.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    neville, can we kickstart your SMS?

or your heart?

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Can we you send you both holiday thank you cards with hot pin up dudes spreading holiday cheer?

zkHcp.jpg
    "holiday cheer"

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    ITT we learn Kadith's legs are named Holiday and Cheer

3basnids3lf9.jpg