As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty]: Black Ops 3 (jump suits and all) out now!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'm stuck at work, so I'm torturing myself with MP videos on Youtube.

There's... there's akimbo LMGs in this game! Well, I guess it's one specific LMG, but it's akimbo!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Two thoughts:

1. I can't decide what I think of the jetpack. I like the movement styles of CoD's, and this adds a whole lot more Z axis. I wish there wasn't a perk to make jetpack not radar-pop you, because that would be a good trade off.

2. The game feels floaty right now. Something is missing from bullet impact currently, I need to figure that out.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So, for those playing Advanced Warfare, would you recommend it to someone who felt incredibly burned by Ghosts?

Maybe. What about ghosts did you not like in particular?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Would people recommend this to someone who hasn't played one of these since Modern Warfare 2?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Interesting, reading the Giant Bomb review, they mention that the Pick 10 system was extended to Pick 13, with Scorestreaks being part of it. If you never can stay alive long enough to use them, you can actually ditch them and take extra stuff in that slot instead.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Yeah, and you can also make your scorestreaks more expensive to add features to them if you want

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    So, for those playing Advanced Warfare, would you recommend it to someone who felt incredibly burned by Ghosts?

Maybe. What about ghosts did you not like in particular?

Dogshit netcode, lazy campaign, nothing really felt good while playing... basically I didn't like a thing about Ghosts.

I'm easy to please with mans shooters. Hell, I enjoyed MW3 a good bit, but Ghosts was just a big sour brown note of a game for me.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well, MW3 was basically MW2 with slightly less broken everything and not as good maps.

• Options
    The netcode in this one doesn't seem particularly egregious, but it's still a call of duty game. I haven't touched the campaign yet so I can't speak to that. I think it's pretty good but that's like, my opinion man.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am curious to see some videos come out when people start figuring out the movement systems and how fast you can go. If you can go fast enough I may pick it up!

Because you gotta go fast.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    It's downloading even slower now. Down to 768k for some unknown reason. I started this 3 hours ago and it's only at 16%.

Peak Steam speed for me are around 4.5mbps and my wireless connection doesn't even use half of my full internet speeds.

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Bought this on a whim because it looks fun and content-laden. Hopefully my wi-fi is stable enough and my skills not too lacking.

• Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Having a ton of fun with the Tac 19 (pump shotgun). Anyone know how long the double XP lasts?

If anyone wants to add me, I'm on PS4 as Drakieon

For everyone asking opinions, I think AW (I've only played a few hours mind you) is the best CoD since MW2. Now, I did not play BLOPS 1 or 2, so I can't comment on those. I do think it's far better than Ghosts (yes, I bought Ghosts, only because I wanted a shooter on my ps4 and I ended up regretting it. Although I did like it better than BF4, that series is just not for me).

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I really hope that once I have better map awareness, AW will feel less chaotic and it won't be a problem I have with the new movement system.

And I'm not saying a new movement system is bad. I just wanted my CoD movement from my CoD, and my Titanfall movement from my TF.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Iirc, there is a classic mode that disables the new movement.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Iirc, there is a classic mode that disables the new movement.

But the maps were designed for the new movement?

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Watching the quicklook. Holy shit the rendered models in the cut scenes look incredible.

Getting this on gamefly in a day or two, pretty excited.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Bleh. I play these games on PC, the last one I bought being Black Ops. The ports are often not very good. And on top of that it always has the most blatant, commonly found hackers shortly after release.

I dunno. I could use a good mindless shooter right now but I'm not sure its worth it.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Since I could care less about this game, I don't need the codes from the Doritos wrapper. That being said, I'd rather give them to PA people instead of having them go to waste. Obviously it's first-come-first-serve. Here's the code:

ACRNMZ7XSN

I also enjoy Mt. Dew, so I'll throw those up in here as well if I ever get them.

EDIT: you have to go to www.DewandDoritos.com to enter the code

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Since I could care less about this game, I don't need the codes from the Doritos wrapper. That being said, I'd rather give them to PA people instead of having them go to waste. Obviously it's first-come-first-serve. Here's the code:

ACRNMZ7XSN

I also enjoy Mt. Dew, so I'll throw those up in here as well if I ever get them.

neato, didn't even know this was a thing. nabbed the code :)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    360 gamer moving over to the ps4 for your cod fix?

Or

Are you a ps4 gamer with large hands?

This is for you

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/3/7150635/call-of-duty-best-accessory-playbudz

zllehs on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I really like the mp, but a few game where I got killed head on before I could react (and once where I shot a guy twice before he saw me and still lost) kinda worries me. I want to love this game, but if its going to play like that I'll just stick with Destiny.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    First impression after 2 mp games is that it feels pretty good. Ofc this could be due to the fact that I was paried with donkeys and could go on massive killing sprees.

• Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »

ACRNMZ7XSN

Argh. I meant to do this but had to work.

What do the codes do? Previously they were, like, 20 minute chunks of double xp I think.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Long day of work, did a couple matches against bots. The regular AI bots are a lot more difficult than I expected them to be and I'm lucky to even get a UAV up. Upside is it runs pretty smoothly and I really like the movement system. Now to ween myself off of using a controller to play.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    zllehs wrote: »
    360 gamer moving over to the ps4 for your cod fix?

Or

Are you a ps4 gamer with large hands?

This is for you

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/3/7150635/call-of-duty-best-accessory-playbudz

Are those the fucking endcaps for a walker or cane?

Also http://xim4.com/
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Long day of work, did a couple matches against bots. The regular AI bots are a lot more difficult than I expected them to be and I'm lucky to even get a UAV up. Upside is it runs pretty smoothly and I really like the movement system. Now to ween myself off of using a controller to play.

Or just use a X1 or X360 or PS4 controller with your PC version...

iRevert on
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »

ACRNMZ7XSN

Argh. I meant to do this but had to work.

What do the codes do? Previously they were, like, 20 minute chunks of double xp I think.
    As per this glorious bag of cheesy monstrosity: "Double XP or Rapid Supply in every bag!" (they used the exclamation point, so you know it's important and very real)

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    I'll say this after watching a number of streams they all pretty much made me not want to get it, so far the only person that is actually pushing me towards picking it up is sandy/foo/fick's stream

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. Most streams were just watching people kill one person and die shortly afterwards.

Or die to lag kills.

Not sure if it was lag, player skill or a combination that made it look so poor.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah. Most streams were just watching people kill one person and die shortly afterwards.

Or die to lag kills.

Not sure if it was lag, player skill or a combination that made it look so poor.

Mainly the issue was the people were taking it so seriously that it just was just not enjoyable viewing.

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular

It reminds me a bit of ghosts combined with BLOPS II but probably more fun than ghosts. I had fun with the 2 hrs or so I was able to play. The movement options feel really fresh but everything else is squarely call of duty.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    http://imgur.com/RezI3QU

So this was getting some traffic on Reddit today.

Amazing how bad the campaigns have gotten since the first MW. I remember being legitimately moved by the death of the one PC from the nuke after staying for the downed chopper pilot.

Know what would have made it better, apparently?

Press X to expire from radiation poisoning.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    I'll say this after watching a number of streams they all pretty much made me not want to get it, so far the only person that is actually pushing me towards picking it up is sandy/foo/fick's stream

I just spent entirely too long watching this stream and kind of want to get this now.

But meh. I'd probably regret it.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Ummm Why can't I buy the regular digital version of this game? When I try to buy it through the xbone store it says unavailable. The only link that works in the store is the 100 dollar "pro" version. Are they trying to tell me that I have to pay 100 dollars just to get the game today? because if that's the case then not even Kevin Spacey can convince me to give them my money, ever, ever again.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Ummm Why can't I buy the regular digital version of this game? When I try to buy it through the xbone store it says unavailable. The only link that works in the store is the 100 dollar "pro" version. Are they trying to tell me that I have to pay 100 dollars just to get the game today? because if that's the case then not even Kevin Spacey can convince me to give them my money, ever, ever again.

I think I had the exact same problem with Sunset Overdrive. If you go to the "preorder" page, it'll be busted. You have to find the non preorder page. It's dumb.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    http://imgur.com/RezI3QU

So this was getting some traffic on Reddit today.

Amazing how bad the campaigns have gotten since the first MW. I remember being legitimately moved by the death of the one PC from the nuke after staying for the downed chopper pilot.

Know what would have made it better, apparently?

Press X to expire from radiation poisoning.

BLOPS had best campaign. Sure it was total conspiracy ultra baloney, but it was still awesome. WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN!

Plus the they made the flashback recounting of the story awesome as well.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

I think I had the exact same problem with Sunset Overdrive. If you go to the "preorder" page, it'll be busted. You have to find the non preorder page. It's dumb.

Yup, that did it. The page I had to find was the day zero version, which is the exact same as the regular version. I'm sure I would have just given up in a rage if you hadn't pointed that out so thanks a bunch.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

Yup, that did it. The page I had to find was the day zero version, which is the exact same as the regular version. I'm sure I would have just given up in a rage if you hadn't pointed that out so thanks a bunch.
    ya it's a weird situation, the day zero edition is today's, so the normal edition that launchers tomorrow is greyed out, but you'd think it would just redirect you or not show up until tomorrow!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    The Kinect needs to detect a certain blood-MTNDEW level in you before it lets you buy the game.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Can't even get into the SP because of the narrow fov. There has to be some way to open it up on PC.

Bubby on