As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The normal [Webcomics] thread. Sorry.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Australian possums are hella cute

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    please destroy every opossum

ladies. :winky:

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I do not understand

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    20100913.png

warning warning insufficient zanyness powering down bad machinery in 3... 2...

aRkpc.gif
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    2827.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_nehr9qadER1tl5t55o1_1280.png

EzUAYcn.png
    roommating your casual dating partner always ends well

aRkpc.gif
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    American possums are alright if you find them in a good to decent mood

it's when you surprise them or upset them that they get suitably puffy to ward you off

skunks are about the same, if not even downright friendly

be kind to animals! they might just be kind back

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I dig the interior shots of the vampire king's castle

Something about most of the art in MAOH feels weird to me, still

Probably all the blushing and almost-kissing poses for 12-year-old boys

I think that's actually kinda one of the things I'm digging about it

Not that I want them to start banging or anything

But there's plenty of boy/girl stories of adventure featuring sort-of-kind-of not fully formed yet attraction to each other. It's cute.

So far this kinda seems like that, only with two boys.

I'm enjoying reacting to it along with the thread so I haven't read ahead, so iunno maybe things will get regrettably weird.

But for now I've just been finding it cute.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Kindness
    1-10-4.JPG.jpeg

Chapter 11 Culture Shocks
    2000-06-11-Chapter-11-Culture-Shocks.jpg

http://www.harkovast.com/?id=156

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I'm enjoying reacting to it along with the thread so I haven't read ahead, so iunno maybe things will get regrettably weird.
    I did read ahead, and it does not get weird.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Possums?!?!?
    stale.jpg

WARNING! THIS STORY IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! GIRD YOUR LOINS BEFORE CLICKING THAT LINK!

re-reading SGR's treatment of 16 year olds as incarnated as The Boy and Esther, it's surprising how much of it is sex jokes

i guess 14 year olds become 16 year olds eventually, but I suppose it is hard to write Shauna and Lottie joking about wangs

aRkpc.gif
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

But there's plenty of boy/girl stories of adventure featuring sort-of-kind-of not fully formed yet attraction to each other. It's cute.

I'm fine with the idea of young romance - Hell, I like some stories that are like that

And there's nothing wrong with a boy having a crush on another boy

Something about the way it's being portrayed, though, is kind of rubbing me the wrong way

dN0T6ur.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

it's when you surprise them or upset them that they get suitably puffy to ward you off

Alternatively, leave animals the hell alone! They might leave you alone too

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    cities impose a selective pressure in favour of being cute enough to obtain protection against mass extermination, as raccoons and foxes suggest

aRkpc.gif
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I dunno, Coywolves are pretty threatening, but so far they've been pretty successful in cities (along with the standard Coyote)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    usUz9aV.jpg

looks as sympathetic as both coyotes and wolves, both of which do enjoy public support for their protection even relatively close to humans

aRkpc.gif
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    2014-10-27.jpg

This was probably posted, but I've only been able to sporadically check this thread on my phone these past few days, so I may have missed it

ronya wrote: »
    usUz9aV.jpg

looks as sympathetic as both coyotes and wolves, both of which do enjoy public support for their protection even relatively close to humans

I dunno, IIRC those sympathies didn't keep ranchers from wanting to shoot them because they (wrongly) perceived them to be threats to their livelihoods, and it didn't stop government agencies from approving hunting seasons for them against the wishes of state environmental protection agencies.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Lalabox wrote: »
    2014-10-27.jpg

This was probably posted, but I've only been able to sporadically check this thread on my phone these past few days, so I may have missed it

Bayonetta?

RoyceSraphim on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    BW7Ep.gif

ftOqU21.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    2014-10-27.jpg

Kratos is friends with Bayonetta.......brb.

character action is a small genre, everybody knows everybody.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    BW7Ep.gif

I do this with popcorn

dN0T6ur.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    cities impose a selective pressure in favour of being cute enough to obtain protection against mass extermination, as raccoons and foxes suggest

Anyone who's had to actually deal with raccoons knows that the reason they continue to thrive has nothing to do with them being cute, and everything to do with them being nature's very own perfect jerkass.

Raccoons can be fuckin' mean.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

Alternatively, leave animals the hell alone! They might leave you alone too

which begs the question - are mosquitoes animals?

As a staunch vegan, -fuck- mosquitoes.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    according to the scientific definition of animals, yes, because insects are part of kingdom Animalia

but the popular and scientific definitions often differ, which I find really interesting

this has been: thoughts with bugboy

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Logically, scientifically, and philosophically, yes

emotionally, fuck no

VRXwDW7.png
    Yeah whenever people refer to insects and animals as if they're different things I always thought that was weird.

Also when people refer to fish and meat like different things. I get why they're in different places on the menu, but fish is literally meat.

Also I mentioned them above but I watched a documentary about coywolves and they seem really interesting. Easily my favorite animal in New York. Also the most frightening one, aside from black bears. Well I mean, unless you drive a lot. Then it's deer obviously.

bugboys are a myth

BahamutZERO.gif
    You see lots of things, out there in the swamp at night. Some of them might even be real. But the Bugboy? That's just plain impossible.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    but I seen it, pa! I swears, I seen it!

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

Anyone who's had to actually deal with raccoons knows that the reason they continue to thrive has nothing to do with them being cute, and everything to do with them being nature's very own perfect jerkass.

Raccoons can be fuckin' mean.

They're also clever, adaptable, eat anything and whatever, and have thumbs. That's how they've become such giant pests in Germany.

but I seen it, pa! I swears, I seen it!

I bring photographic evidence!

qxnfb8.png

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It's clearly a weather balloon, now go back to your homes while these nice people in black suits scan the area for no reason

VRXwDW7.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular

I'm fine with the idea of young romance - Hell, I like some stories that are like that

And there's nothing wrong with a boy having a crush on another boy

Something about the way it's being portrayed, though, is kind of rubbing me the wrong way

I think it's that so many of the characters seem to be this blushing sensitive boy-child type

Maybe the internet's ruined me but I keep feeling like this is one swerve away from a fetish comic, which wouldn't be so creepy if they weren't all twelve

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Don't hang around Racoons. They are just the perfect hosts for tons of parasites that racoons can handle but that will kill you in awful, awful ways.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    They're nature's bandits you know

This discussion has been closed.