As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Also I'm kinda sad I didn't get a cute cat gif as smack talk from Frostey.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

So, uh, Jonas Gray.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    That was the dumbest call. The absolute dumbest.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So Indy just gave up I guess?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    4th quarter. Patriots up by fifteen. Jonas Gray still getting carries.

Patriots clearly trying to run up the score.

Edit: Gronk. Gronky Gronky Gronk Gronk.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Gronk ILU

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Jamie Collins had a monster game

My lord

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Ardol wrote: »
    Gronk ILU

He won't win MVP.

But IMO, to this point in the season, the MVP of the NFL is Gronk or Watt. Those guys are just oversized wrecking balls that completely change the game.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Looks like they're trying to get Gray up to 200 yards.

Edit: 199. He should have played harder if he wanted the milestone.

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Looks like they're trying to get Gray up to 200 yards.

Edit: 199. He should have played harder if he wanted the milestone.

Didn't feel like 38 carries. But good job new benjarvus

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    To: The Penny Arcade NFL Thread
    Subject: You're welcome

1654526_10152385148766875_4781546369475425962_o.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Favorite part of every game now is watching what Borland is up to. The man is a ball-seeking missile.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Yahoo is showing an interesting glitch to me. It's showing the scores for FF after the Thursday game but before today's. But the live projection is still reacting to today's scores.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I'm still finding it hilarious how it's week 11 and:

1) The AFC North first and last place are separated by a whopping .5 games (this will change after tonight, but still), with all four teams over .500, and
    2) Tampa Bay, with 2 wins, is only 2 games back from being tied for leading their division.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    1654526_10152385148766875_4781546369475425962_o.jpg

Now that's what a team captain looks like. Only five interceptions! What a man!

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

snip

And courtesy of SBNation we have video of all 5 of interceptions with their respective Manning face.
    http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2463402/Manning.0.webm

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    So, the Lions.

Throw to Golden Tate on 3rd down. Or really any down. He had 2 catches on 2 targets.

I didn't see Fauria all game either, even though I'm pretty sure he was dressed. Ebron looked fairly pedestrian

Also, "Oh Look, Joique is averaging 6 yards a carry. Better not abuse that" Sure, skewed a little by the 30 yard run, but he had multiple for 8+. I think if you take out his 1 carry for 33 you end up with 13 for 52 which is 4 ypc on the button.I don't understand why we can't be just a little more flexible with the play calling. Go with what is working. Why Joique did not have 20+ carries is a mystery to me.

Cassius Vaughn gets the rare honor of having a touchdown scored on him while simultaneously committing defensive pass interference. Impressive.

And I was really hoping we were going to try a fake field goal after we failed to draw them offisdes.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Because Bell was getting either 8 or -3. Some of those runs absolutely killed drives.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    My fantasy needs require the Steelers to get 2 points on defense. My SO's fantasy needs require Ben Rapemeister to get less than 30 points.

While our objectives are not completely mutually exclusive, they are sort of against each other.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I can't get over this being overturned from Lions ball at the end of the run to possession at the 1: http://i.imgur.com/EY0Upmb.gif

The first Cardinal in that gif to touch the ball was considered to have "possession" after originally being ruled to not have possession. He had the ball for a total of .3 seconds and was falling into the endzone.

I want to see a receiver do that along the sideline. Hold the ball for that long and then throw it out of bounds. According to Boger, that would be a completed catch.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    With the college rules (only the ball matters) I could buy that ruling, actually. Since it doesn't matter if the player falls into the end zone. But it does in the NFL.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    "Then what was the flag for?"
    "I don't know... Excessive Blocking."

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    With the college rules (only the ball matters) I could buy that ruling, actually. Since it doesn't matter if the player falls into the end zone. But it does in the NFL.

So .3 seconds is all that's needed for possession? Is that what you are saying? Because that's what these guys are saying:

So throwing the ball away counts as a "football act." Meaning that a receiver that touches the ball for .5 seconds with both hands and his feet in bounds can throw it away out of bounds (as he is falling backwards) and it counts as a catch?

I call bullshit and would rather the refs just own up to their mistake and say "Yeah, that was a bad call" than to try and treat me like I am idiot.

• Options
    In college, I think it's a fair call. But I'm usually pretty liberal about what should constitute a catch/possession. Like he had the ball under his control and did something with it intentionally.

But by the NFL rules of possession/punt coverage, that's effectively not possession, because he was going to the ground in the end zone which would have made it a touchback. So he threw it back in.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kind of pissed at myself for a knee jerk response to reading about Kyle Rudolph and picking him up. Assuming miller can get more than 1.5 points it cost me this week's game. Oh well, realistically my team is built for boom or bust considering my miserable running back corps

• Options
    Madpoet wrote: »
    "Then what was the flag for?"
    "I don't know... Excessive Blocking."

I love the football that bounces by towards the end of that.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    B2GuRKqCAAEqRI_.jpg

• Options
    Cog wrote: »
    B2GuRKqCAAEqRI_.jpg

Someone didn't think that cunning plan through.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Because Bell was getting either 8 or -3. Some of those runs absolutely killed drives.

He did have 5 carries for losses, this is true.

His 9 positive runs were for 95ish yards though, which is so weird.

That's a bigger disparity than I recalled.

You can definitely make the argument that they killed drives but looking at the 3 drives that ended in the set of downs with a Bell loss you get a 15 yard face masking penalty, a Stafford sack and a Stafford INT. So I think two drives most likely end because of losing yards on 1st down. Maybe some of that comes down to play calling though? When we are gashing them consistently, why not try to get some yards back on the ground is all I'm saying. Maybe it's sometimes OK to call a run on 2nd and long instead of throwing into the teeth of one of the most opportunistic defenses in the league.

I dunno, I would have liked to see them try that angle.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Cog wrote: »
    B2GuRKqCAAEqRI_.jpg

I love the guy standing in the upper left of the picture, just over the woman's head.

He's like, "My girlfriend is leaving me for that giant... bird."

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cog wrote:

I love the guy standing in the upper left of the picture, just over the woman's head.

He's like, "My girlfriend is leaving me for that giant... bird."

He can't compete with that.

Cog on
  • Options

gronk

gronk gronk gronk
    He was just yappin’ at me the whole time, so I took him and threw him out of the club.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hur...hurray for dirty plays?

That TD is rigronkulous though. Can't stop that.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Who wins in a brodown, Gronkowski or Watt?

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Who wins in a brodown, Gronkowski or Watt?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I think Gronk. He's like the totem of bro. A living embodiment of the bro spirit.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    But he's always injured even before the kegstand.

Watt will just give you an F-150 for free if he parks on your front lawn because pffft, he's got like a hundred of them.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Gronk is probably my favorite non-Packer

up there with Watt and Peyton at least

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Gronk is probably my favorite non-Packer

up there with Watt and Peyton at least

tell me more about all the white NFL guys that you like, sir landsharKKK...

:bzz:

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    The funny thing about the penalty is that in the replay, you could literally see the spiked football (post-TD) pop up in the bottom left corner of the screen as Gronk continued to block.