As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    fishing for a brayflox party without a blm. pretty much impossible

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes, it's from "It's not Lupus"

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Welp, I've officially hit the point where I need to find new equipment to be let into harder fights.

Guess I'll start working on my Alchemist again so I can make my Omnilex.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Turn 11 is Down!

Lxx20U0.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Grats on the T11 clear!

---

Oh my, nerfs to SCoB and it's now DF'able... The changes to T6 in particular are a really really really heavy nerf.
    Damage dealt by the attack Acid Spray used by acidic honey has been reduced. Furthermore, players will no longer receive a damage vulnerability debuff.
    That one in particular just makes the last phase a total cakewalk. LoS/DPS Zerg is the order of the day, if it wasn't already.

The T7 changes also seems like it'll pretty much make the primary mechanic very lenient.
    Savage Mode remains the same though, which is awesome

Just as I was about to hold my static's inaugural run -_-

And for the standard dungeons...
    An issue during the first boss battle in Snowcloak wherein the Frozen debuff would apply even when taking preventative measures during the action Snow Drift.
    Which will make things a lot less... annoying for that fight.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Ah, see I wondered on the first boss if moving was supposed to prevent the frozen debuff, as sometimes it did and didn't.

It'll be interesting to see the second turn thru DF.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    GreyWolfyGreyWolfy Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    So, @Corehealer‌ has a few school commitments coming up with the end of the semester on the horizon. After talking with him, it seems Pantry Raiders is in the market for another Warrior, at least until the holidays. (EDIT - Core isn't leaving the group permanently)

We raid Monday and Tuesday nights, 7-11pm EST (we don't use the whole window, but keep it reserved). We are currently about to start Turn 7. All of us (including Core) are very well geared and are coordinated enough to clear T6 reliably. PM me or /tell me in game if you're interested.

If you are not a Warrior but think you're SCoB/FCoB static material, several of us are flexible in what we play and can try work you in. We'd really like a Warrior though.
    @Chubby Bunny‌ I have a geared alt I can take with you, if you'd like. Can go War/Pld/Drg, and I have experience up to T12 soooo you wouldn't have to teach me anything <_<

FFXIV: Rexus Kalev - Sargatanas
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    those SCoB nerfs

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    GreyWolfy wrote: »
    So, @Corehealer‌ has a few school commitments coming up with the end of the semester on the horizon. After talking with him, it seems Pantry Raiders is in the market for another Warrior, at least until the holidays. (EDIT - Core isn't leaving the group permanently)

We raid Monday and Tuesday nights, 7-11pm EST (we don't use the whole window, but keep it reserved). We are currently about to start Turn 7. All of us (including Core) are very well geared and are coordinated enough to clear T6 reliably. PM me or /tell me in game if you're interested.

If you are not a Warrior but think you're SCoB/FCoB static material, several of us are flexible in what we play and can try work you in. We'd really like a Warrior though.
    @Chubby Bunny‌ I have a geared alt I can take with you, if you'd like. Can go War/Pld/Drg, and I have experience up to T12 soooo you wouldn't have to teach me anything <_<

@GreyWolfy‌ that would be awesome. We'd be happy to have you.

We're also looking for another WHM *OR* another BLM, depending on who's available. My WHM is 40 and will be well-geared when it hits 50 (~i100), and I'm the static's current BLM (i112).

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

Neat. Might want check SCoB out whenever I pass T5.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wow. It's a shame we couldn't get to T8 before these nerfs, they seem pretty substantial. Oh well, my hope is to get Pantry Raiders into T10+ long before the equivalent nerfs happen there. With these changes, it looks like we'll be doing the Turns in order, if you don't mind @GreyWolfy‌

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Honestly Turn 8 isn't that different, it looks like they just removed the one shot mechanic from not activating towers quickly or missing a mine. You'll still want to trigger them so you're not dealing with multiple mechanics at once. The "languishing" thing could already be countered by the health pools we have, before that you'd just need a bubble. The bigger deal is messing up Allagan Field, which doesn't look like they changed.

The huge nerfs are really Turn 7, which I don't mind at all since I still want a bunch of off-class stuff from there... >.>

I kinda want to try DFing T9, just to see...

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ninja Icons change comparison:

zWreQFt.png

Much more readable! Huzzah!

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I kinda want a gif of the two Shadow Fang icons so it looks like it is dancing.

• Options
    OMG

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-18/final-fantasy-franchise-gets-3-new-smartphone-apps-in-2015/.81160

Triple Triad cell phone app that shares cards in XIV? Need. this. now.

And a bonus Chrono Trigger-esque F2P game developed by the Brave Frontier folks? Sign me up. As someone who plays BF as F2P, their system (while still evil and full of microtransactions) gives you access to absolutely everything without spending $$$, just you know, throttled.

• Options
    What's a good way to quickly level DOH classes? I'm assuming the obvious sources are Grand Company supply deliverables and Ixal quests.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Enlong wrote: »
    What's a good way to quickly level DOH classes? I'm assuming the obvious sources are Grand Company supply deliverables and Ixal quests.

And Leves, all the Leves.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Enlong wrote: »

The best way by far is to have someone who already has the Class you want make you 11 of the crafting leve turn ins for each 5 level turnin. They can make them HQ for you and you can turn them in for massive XP gains. IT does require you to spend your leves though but you can go from 20-50 in the course of a day or two with this method.

Go to ffxivcrafting.com and search for the highest exp leve at each 5 level increment. Gather all the materials/crystals you need to have 11 turn ins per 5 levels crafted and find a crafter that will craft them all HQ for you. Then turn them in and voila!

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Alright. Thanks.

Those phone games sound intriguing, but Brave Exvius worries me. The word "Brave" in the title, in combination with the premise of FF characters coming together in one game, puts me in mind of that game.

• Options
    Without Leves you can macro craft something basic like bars or lumber, even if they don't HQ you still get bonus xp from quality increases. Even quick synthing isn't bad.

• Options
    GreyWolfy wrote: »

@GreyWolfy‌ that would be awesome. We'd be happy to have you.

We're also looking for another WHM *OR* another BLM, depending on who's available. My WHM is 40 and will be well-geared when it hits 50 (~i100), and I'm the static's current BLM (i112).

I'll help heal for the time being.

• Options
    Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    Alright so I'm back in and running around trying to do all the story stuff I've missed (I quit before the release of 2.1). My Paladin is sitting at ilvl 76. Is there a particularly good method to farm some new gear? I went back to Mor Dohna (wow has that changed) and noticed that the ilvl 90 Myth gear is no longer buyable (at least not for tomes) Should I just unlock the high level/trials roulettes and grind those out or is there a quicker way to play catch up that I'm missing.

Thanks for all the help!

PSN: Scotty85
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    You can do Crystal Tower and Sycrus Tower for i80 and i100 gear respectively to help. Those can be farmed as much as you want and will help out.

The i90 gear can be purchased with tokens found in the current Expert dungeons.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Alright so I'm back in and running around trying to do all the story stuff I've missed (I quit before the release of 2.1). My Paladin is sitting at ilvl 76. Is there a particularly good method to farm some new gear? I went back to Mor Dohna (wow has that changed) and noticed that the ilvl 90 Myth gear is no longer buyable (at least not for tomes) Should I just unlock the high level/trials roulettes and grind those out or is there a quicker way to play catch up that I'm missing.

Thanks for all the help!

ilvl 70 gear drops in various lvl 50 dungeons

ilvl 80 gear drops in Crystal Tower and various lvl 50 dungeons

The ilvl 90 myth gear (AF+1) got moved from the vendor and instead can be purchased with the new armor tokens that drop in the new Dungeons (Snow cloak, HM Quarn, and HM Sastasha) Basically you'll find an "Antique (Helm, boots, gloves, chest, pants)" and you can turn that in at Revenant's Toll in Mor Dhona for the appropriate ilvl 90 gear for your class. You can also obtain ilvl 90 gear from the First Coil of Bahamut (Turns 1,2,4,5)

On top of that you earn Soldiery Tomes which allow you to purchase ilvl 100 gear (This gear can also be purchases via Allied seal from The Hunt). That gear can be upgraded further to ilvl 110 through the use of Sands of Time (For left side gear) and Oils of Time (for right side gear). Sands and Oils can be obtained in Second Coil of Bahamut (Turns 7,8,9), In Syrcus Tower, or through the use of Allied Seals obtained via The Hunt. (250 allied seals = one Bloodied log. 2 logs = 1 oil, 3 logs = 1 sand). You can also get ilvl 100 gear that cannot be upgraded by doing Syrcus Tower.

The new gear progression is the Ironworks gear which is purchased with Tomes of Poetics. Poetic Tomes are capped at 450 per week so it's a much slower progression. The Ironworks gear is ilvl 120 and can be upgraded to ilvl 130 using Carbontwine for left side gear (only drops in turn 12 and 13) and Carboncoat for right side gear (only drops in turn 11 and 13)

For Weapons you have a few options:

Relic: By doing your Relic Reborn quest you can obtain a relic weapon which can be upgraded as follows:
    Relic: ilvl 80
    Zenith: ilvl 90
    Atma: ilvl 100 (Same Stats as Zenith)
    Animus: ilvl 100 (Higher damage and stats than Atma)
    Novus: ilvl 110
    Nexus: ilvl 115

This is a very VERY long process and can be rather expensive but can be done solo. The plus side is that they are constantly adding new steps and upgrades so as long as you keep up with it you'll always have a powerful weapon.

Alternatively you can obtain weapons in the following fashion (This is typically the faster route)

ilvl 95: Coil of Bahamut Turn 5
    ilvl 95: Leviathan Extreme
    ilvl 100: Upgrade Leviathan Extreme weapon with "Mirror of the Whorl" that also drops in Leviathan Extreme
    ilvl 100: Ramuh Extreme
    ilvl 100: 1300 Soldiery (10 Rowena Tokens (soldiery) at 130 tomes each) + an Unidentified Tomestone. (drops in ST and Turn 7)
    ilvl 110: Upgrade unweathered Soldiery Weapon with a Sand of Time
    ilvl 110: Shiva Extreme
    ilvl 115: Second Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 (Turn 9)
    ilvl 120: 1300 Poetics (10 Rowena Tokens (poetics) at 130 tomes each) + Encrypted Tomestone (only drops in Turn 11)
    ilvl 130: Upgrade ironworks Poetic Weapon with a Carbontwine (only drops in Turn 12/13)
    ilvl 135: Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 (Turn 13)

Hopefully that gives you a good idea of roughly where to go to get various pieces of gear. The ideal path (in my opinion) would be to run a lot of dungeons (upgrade your pieces to ilvl 90 if you get the antique drops), do your daily roulettes each day (You get decent soldiery and poetics) and to run Syrcus Tower a bunch to get some ilvl 100 gear (and Soldiery/poetics/sands/oils/unidentified tomestone)

Use your Soldiery tomes to upgrade your gear to ilvl 100 (prioritize accesories as they don't drop in ST), fill in the blanks with the gear you get in Syrcus Tower. Then upgrade the soldiery pieces to ilvl 110 with sands and oils you get in ST.

Then spend the Poetics you get on upgrading the worst pieces you have to ilvl 120.

That should get you in a pretty nice spot. Take your pick on how you want to obtain a good weapon as you have a lot of options available to you. Just keep in mind to access the Shiva EX weapons you need to first beat King Mog EX/Leviathan EX, then Ramuh EX, then of course Shiva EX.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Very helpful, thank you! I'll probably be asking in free company if anyone wants to run some of those dungeons over the next few days (character name is Mitey)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    What Delphi said.

Also as an added bonus of being a Paladin, you can upgrade your shield independently from your weapon which will give you a healthy dose of survivability, the Soldiery shield is less than 400 Tomes iirc.

Edit: Man, Gethbot sure loves us today.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I remember that now! I do have the ilvl 90 relic & shield both from back before 2.1, but that's a good note when It comes time to upgrade.

Thank you!

Basren Dragonsnack on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    And I got the security token removed from my account, so I might pop back in to check things out.

• Options
    Debuff bar comparison to show how the ninja icons are MUCH easier to identify now:

WCSQlKh.jpg

Seriously I tested it out this morning and it's much easier to see at a glance which buffs are up. This is going to help a lot.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Not sure how to feel about T9 not getting prodded with the nerf stick. Hopefully just echo is enough for my group.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    Not sure how to feel about T9 not getting prodded with the nerf stick. Hopefully just echo is enough for my group.

I was hoping they would've done things a little more incrementally. Would've loved it if 2.41 brought just echo to T6. Then, in a month, nerfs to T6 and just echo to T7. Then, in a month, nerfs to T7 and echo to T8, etc.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, I subbed in for a partial some other FC/static group last week for T6 (got to 12% on my second shot ever and similarly close a couple times before people had to leave), and they were pleased enough to invite me to help them this week. I wanted at least another week to try it sort of legit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMGOMGOGMGOMG BEST DAY EVER

4LLROkx.png

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Well, T6 is still a fight you need to know the mechanics for. It's not like it's been turned into a loot pinata ala T2 once people can heal through the enrage mechanic.

Blighted Bouquet isn't a guaranteed one-shot but it's still pretty darn painful. I wouldn't risk eating it deliberately, but it's not a terrible situation if you trigger it. You'll still get screwed over by a bad briar, you'll still get screwed over if someone doesn't LoS properly. The slugs will still chew up healers, you still need to deal with the beam attack properly and acid storm will still kill you.

Basically, if you know the fight from before, it's just a 10% echo with the option to get rid of a bad briar bulb during blighted and you don't need to hold on DPS. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Edit:
    T7 can also be sabotaged with totally boneheaded positioning. I mean seriously? Get healers to pull the Renaulds AND have them hoof it to the opposite side of the boss out of range to heal? Totally. Retarded.

Takel on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMGOMGOGMGOMG BEST DAY EVER

4LLROkx.png

Oh thank heavens, you found my cat!

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    i totally ignored blighted when I was OTing boss. 3k? pfft. I have 11.

healers maybe shouldn't risk it. though when i saw our healers take hits they were left at about 1k.

I've discovered the adorable-ness of picking up the slugs and then ignoring them. poor little guys just want Phyla-senpai's attention. do i give it to them? NOOOOOOOOO, well maybe a little steel cyclone.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Got some sexy Daggers today!

99MRJ9K.jpg
    QsQl7VO.jpg

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Awesome. Finally get into CT and get dc'd and can't get back on.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    More like Sargadownas.

B6yM5w2.gif
This discussion has been closed.