As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Great.

That's the first Christmas song I listened to this season.

Christmas is ruined!

At least it's not that stupid Christmas shoe song.

Fixed that for you.

Have any of you guys seen the Radio Music Hall thing? Trying to decide if I should do that or TSO this year.

EDIT: WHY WAS I NOT AWARE ROCKAPELLA RELEASED A CHRISTMAS ALBUM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S-xUl8I9FA

noir_blood on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    does that poem spell out
    TACO EVE
    intentionally?

Because I could totally go for one of those
    doritos-late-night-tacos-at-midnight.jpeg?w=253&h=427

Never. 3D 4 lyfe.

41604_108929805018_1881_n.jpg

I thought we were best friends. Because you posted nacho cheese instead cool ranch...

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I would buy the hell out of spicy nacho 3Ds

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    To my Santee...you shall not receive any gifts until the passing of the Turkey.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    3d doritos were the best thing

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Great.

That's the first Christmas song I listened to this season.

Christmas is ruined!

At least it's not that stupid Christmas shoe song.

Fixed that for you.

Have any of you guys seen the Radio Music Hall thing? Trying to decide if I should do that or TSO this year.

EDIT: WHY WAS I NOT AWARE ROCKAPELLA RELEASED A CHRISTMAS ALBUM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S-xUl8I9FA

I've been to Radio City, yes. But I was a little kid so I don't know how it'd go over for you

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The Sufjan Stevens Christmas album stuff is pretty good from what I've heard.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Gift get:
    kcj7idftkn3w.png

Thank you, Santa, who ever you are!

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    I feel I am obligated to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmpZ_cTFX6w

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Invisible wrote: »
    Gift get:
    img]snip[/img

Thank you, Santa, who ever you are!

I Like this santa. I made a fake steam account a few years ago but am having trouble remembering how the hell to access it currently.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    The Sufjan Stevens Christmas album stuff is pretty good from what I've heard.

More than pretty good. It probably gets more rotations than Nat King Cole in my house. Especially favorites like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_cPQn6vOdo

But if you're looking for more traditional, he's got that too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-liS9e2IY8

But now I'm starting to go down a rabbit hole of Sufjan Holiday songs. If that interested you, look up his "O Come O Come Emmanuel," or "Did I Make You Cry on Christmas Day? (You deserved it)."

Man I can't wait. The music might be the thing I'm looking forward to most this year.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dear Santa,
    I just got back from a 6-day trip to London, England, where I was visiting a friend. If you could like ... somehow teleport my whole life there, that would be a super-sweet Christmas gift ...

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    @Mr_Grinch‌

I tried the following:

imgur.com/TAngCOh

imgur.com/COhEViE

imgur.com/ngCOhEV

No dice

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Mighty
    Your second one is very close from what I've seen.
    I think the 'to heaven' part maybe means above the imgur part instead of from bottom to top?
    Anyway, I flipped the second entry around and it brought me to a thing, so I assume it's right

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mighty
    I think the 'to heaven' part maybe means above the imgur part instead of from bottom to top?
    Anyway, I flipped the second entry around and it brought me to a thing, so I assume it's right

I even solved the puzzle after that one, too, but stopped there because I didn't want to accidentally cause shenanigans. :D

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    By the way for my Santa, if you don't live in the US, I totally understand just buying stuff off US Amazon and having them shipped here and skipping shipping anything to the states. It adds a lot of money to the cost of the present and it makes more sense to save those costs. I'm perfectly fine with that.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I would like to apologize for my lack of activity lately. I'm away from the house for a training class (in the land of terrible internet connection), but I will be back over Thanksgiving weekend, and the weekend after. If there is already something in my mailbox, I'll get it them.

Santee, your gifts are just about within reach. Be warned.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Anarchy wrote: »
    A parcel turned up today... my SS gifts have arrived! My fish being unwilling to pose in front of the box, I called upon two rivals to help me out...
    @Anarchy any chance you remember where you got the neat little Minecraft toys? Were they blind boxed? They look like they'd make good stocking stuffers for my kid.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Mighty

I even solved the puzzle after that one, too, but stopped there because I didn't want to accidentally cause shenanigans. :D

Yeah, be careful guys with solving too far. Don't use "scan and go" barcode readers, for example.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    A parcel turned up today... my SS gifts have arrived! My fish being unwilling to pose in front of the box, I called upon two rivals to help me out...
    Anarchy any chance you remember where you got the neat little Minecraft toys? Were they blind boxed? They look like they'd make good stocking stuffers for my kid.

I think I have seen blind bags at target like that. check the collectable trading card section.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    @Mr_Grinch‌

I tried the following:

imgur.com/TAngCOh

imgur.com/COhEViE

imgur.com/ngCOhEV

No dice

A hint.

Go to the heavens to start your journey.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Previous post here:
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Ok, I am going to need help here people:

Previous post in plain text:
    Even against reason you dare spread our missive
    in time you will see that our vengeance is swift.
    Verily, the time for action is now. I hope you've prepared yourself for your next gift.

Even as you read, the next step begins.
    hope you have good memory, or smarty pants friends.

Only with smarts will you save them in time
    Can you appreciate everything written in rhyme

go to imgur.com/ the first letter in the seven
    not down below, but upwards, to heaven.

Act quick! Solve soon!
    This is not the end of the road, ye green goon."

Sadly had no time to do this today due to a sick child, and lots of poop.

From the child, not me. Looking at it now and certainly wouldn't mind pointers :)

So the answer was:

http://imgur.com/EiVEhOC

(First letter from each line. I tried that initially but didn't capitalise, then viewing it on a mobile gave me weird line breaks when I tried it again after realising, or rather having it pointed out, that imgur urls are case sensitive)

This then leads to another image, which you'll see if you go to the link. Answering the clues there reveal:

http://imgur.com/bfsaNGe

Answers were:
    1 = B
    26 = o
    1 = b
    24 = k
    23 = i
    5 = n
    6 = s

18 = F
    3 = l
    9 = y
    13 = m
    26 = o

12 = H
    9 = Y
    14 = P
    10 = A
    15 = T
    23 = I
    10 = A

26 = O
    25 = R
    10 = A
    5 = N
    2 = G
    11 = E

11 = E
    3 = l
    16 = V
    11 = E
    5 = n
    6 = s
    12 = H
    10 = A
    11 = E

Scanning this QR code took me to a link to:

Humble Jumbo Bundle 3!

(It's been claimed now, so no harm in posting it. Also thanks to the guys who were much quicker than I at solving this for NOT claiming the prize!!)

Loving all the games on here but specifically looking forward to playing the new Tex Murphy game, I was a big fan of the old ones.

Also Euro Truck Simulator 2 has Rift support, it's a game I'd most definitely not be interested in normally but ANYTHING with VR support gets a go.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    ETS2 is amazing even without the rift support, to be honest. Talking of which, I wish Sony would release Morpheus, their answer to rift for the ps4, already. Rift is cool but I doubt I could do it justice with my gpu.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    My 560ti is struggling, to be honest. I think a new graphics card, CPU and memory upgrade is in order.

So pretty much a new PC.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    I wish I could try all these games but my video card is poop from a butt

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ooh I just noticed the forums have been Christmas-ified already! Yay!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    @Anarchy any chance you remember where you got the neat little Minecraft toys? Were they blind boxed? They look like they'd make good stocking stuffers for my kid.

@Lindsey Lohan‌ They're cool, but they're not small. The large ones in the photo are these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-6-inch-Creeper-Vinyl-Figure/dp/B00E0HEKKU/ref=sr_1_4
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-Steve-Collectable-Vinyl-Figure/dp/B00ABDCVAI/ref=pd_sim_k_h_b_cs_2

but you can also get smaller ones:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-3-inch-Enderman-Action-Figure/dp/B00DS5FBM6/ref=pd_sim_k_h_b_cs_1
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-3-inch-Creeper-Action-Figure/dp/B00DOQCTVK/ref=sr_1_2

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hah! That's awesome that I was the answer to the last question. I ended up not answering it when I found the second puzzle, because none of the letters from it were required for the solution. :D

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Christmas mode engaged

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Went out and grabbed a 6 pack of Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. The beer is the only thing I love about this state. I got a seasonal job, start on Sunday. This means I'm working every holiday, good thing I don't do the family thing.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Christmas mode engaged

What? thanksgiving hasn't even passed

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'll put on my Santa Hat on Nov 28, and not a day before!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    If the forum went christmasy then that's good enough for me.

Enjoy my eyebleedy christmas avatar.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    The snow and ice are back, the servers must be hosted in Buffalo. Too soon?

Hope you poor bastards stay safe and don't freeze.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Mighty wrote: »
    Christmas mode engaged

What? thanksgiving hasn't even passed

Thanksgiving isn't even a holiday anyway

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Alright~

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So after being gone for a couple days I finally crawl back home to plug this code into Origin and it turns out to be the new Dragon Age! Which is pretty awesome because the game has looked pretty amazing to me. Now I impatiently set it to download and probably pass out

Thanks again, Santa! I'm pretty hype.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Alright~

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So after being gone for a couple days I finally crawl back home to plug this code into Origin and it turns out to be the new Dragon Age! Which is pretty awesome because the game has looked pretty amazing to me. Now I impatiently set it to download and probably pass out

Thanks again, Santa! I'm pretty hype.

I think in lieu of package pictures, we should get character customization pictures.

• Options
    Truly you most model your engine of horrible power after the visage of your santa

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Does the character creator have the ability to make santa? Maybe a dwarf or qunari for the bulk

initiatefailure on