As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

!spoO .daerhT scimocbeW sdrawkcaB ehT

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    172.jpg

judecca had a tit in it once

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Jeph

Jeph no

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Jeph we arent saying this because shes trans

We are syaing this because dear god its painful to read

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I for one welcome this week of Claire/Marten comics.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    We only have two more days, walk it off.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Chapter 3- The Brass Man
    2-3-1.jpg.jpeg

Iron Rain
    2-3-2.jpg.jpeg

http://www.harkovast.com/?id=271

Hmm... I know I've seen this somewhere before...

ultrabotsshuriken.jpg

Ah. Right.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    that's my favorite samurai jack episode

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    wait claire is trans?

what?

• Options
    DdLOZFL.jpg

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    wait claire is trans?

what?

Yeah, she told Marten at the lake house party thing

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Jeph draw a comic where they fuck. Have a whole week of guest comics by all our favorite erotic comic artists.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    pretty sure jeph isn't going to go the willis route on this

even though, if he does

I'll bet he'll make absolutely absurd amounts of cash

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Jeph draw a comic where they fuck. Have a whole week of guest comics by all our favorite erotic comic artists.
    Thats your answer to everything

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I love Claire and Marten as a couple

I think JJ is kinda bad at date dialogue

He's much better at casual stuff, and should stick to that, even in a date

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    The others still don't know Claire is trans, right? I imagine when it does happen it'll be the same thing - "I'm trans." "Cool."

Part of me is kind of wanting them to explore the potential complexities of transgender dating, but at the same time I realize that's probably too heavy.* I'm just glad a trans character is featured pretty upfront in a reasonably (?) popular comic.

On another note, I feel like he just needs to make like several comics and post them at the same that features their dating and whatever. I feel like when something awesome is put into something where the rest isn't usually as awesome, it ends up making you kind of get disdainful of the less awesome things. I think there's a bit of anxiety to see how things will progress and I'm sure a lot of people don't care so much about the other arcs. No one seems to care about the Faye arc.

* I understand a lot of people don't like it when a transgender character becomes identified by it, so I'm more than happy for it to just be a passing fact.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    hol02.jpg

michael deforge drew a comic today b/c he was cold

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Thats your answer to everything

It's the answer to everything.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I honestly think the people of Claire/Marten's world should probably care less about the arrangement of a person's biology and more about whether a person has any biology whatsoever.

Androids are everywhere. We tried to teach them emotion but they know only hatred. Be ever vigilant.

Quantum Tiger on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    They used to only know hatred, until Marigold and Dale taught them anime.

We long for the old days now.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I like that concept a lot actually

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Those poor androids

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

It was during the first great Ranma war when things really took a turn. Those robots who supported the cartoon crashing against those who supported the manga, like two great continents finally colliding after a billion years adrift.

• Options
    Alan SmitheeAlan Smithee Registered User regular
    Yesss someone made this comic using Gav's message to me

tumblr_nfb5n3hI1Y1u44fjgo1_1280.png

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    fuck gav yo

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I am increasingly uncomfortable with people using the zen pencils art as the punchilne of a joke.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    drilpencils is the single best thing ive ever read anywhere - like its achewood level for me.

if i stop getting that content then i'll just be sad.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You could call all the people making jokes jokes themselves, that might help to balance the scales of justice

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    i mean u guys remember the one about obama being presumably very filthy because he never bathed?

like these dudes that do the newyorker cartoons wish they were half as clever as this drilpencils person.

• Options
    oh wow. i just looked up what ZEN pencils is.

ok so the dril guy was using ZEN's artwork but putting in his own text?

I mean yeah ok zen's stuff is kinda syrupy.... but like...

mmmm I'm still ok with it.

• Options
    hurrrrrrk so syrupy.

but nice.

but there's got to be a mental place for what dril does, it just speaks to me man.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    You can edit your posts, you know.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You can edit your posts, you know.

tell that to salinger

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    you're aware that dril is a twitter account and not the same person as the drilpencils guy right

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    you're aware that dril is a twitter account and not the same person as the drilpencils guy right

I'm apparently not aware of anything.

I really like whatever caused this to happen:

tumblr_nf1i5n1bAn1u2a2jso1_1280.jpg

I want more of it.

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I am increasingly uncomfortable with people using the zen pencils art as the punchilne of a joke.

There is practically nothing intrinsically mean-spirited about drilpencils

It is tweets over a webcomic.

A bad webcomic with a fetish for platitudes and hollow motivational windbagging, but that's a correct opinion to have independent of editing random text into it.

I miss drilpencils and think it should come back.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Drilpencils is boring, talk about this instead:

comic2-2745.png

Size-racism is hopefully something you... grow out of???

• Options
    edited November 2014
    here lies imdointhis, he had a "fetish for platitudes"
    platypusLg.jpg

imdointhis on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    I'm apparently not aware of anything.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »

A bad webcomic with a fetish for platitudes and hollow motivational windbagging, but that's a correct opinion to have independent of editing random text into it.

Saying it's just tweets over a webcomic is like saying that LICD is just pixels on a screen. They were specific tweets put on a specific comic's art, to cause a specific reaction in people. You might think it's not mean spirited but saying that it's just tweets is a pretty lame defense.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »

It doesn't have to be mean-spirited to be ugly.

I don't like Zen Pencils, but it does have quite good art - clear, communicative, pleasant to look at. Art like that takes work, it takes actual time effort and skill.

In what other situation would you be OK with taking someone's time and skill for free?

"Oh nah man, I'm not actually going to pay you for roofing my house, I just wanted a new roof for free. Nothing mean spirited, though"

Like I get that this is the internet and that IP rights are pretty wobbly on the internet, and most of us have enjoyed remixes and mash-ups and they make for some spectacular art. The comparison to someone doing manual labor isn't a one-to-one thing, and art is enriching so it feels more like a public service that someone creates a new thing out of a couple of other people's work.

But none of us are owed that kind of art.

And if the artist specifically asks that you don't use his art for that purpose, then just don't use his art for that purpose. Maybe he'll come around one day. And dril's tweets are still there to read. Hell, there are a lot of artists in this forum, maybe if drillpencils is such a significant work, maybe someone here will volunteer their skill to make drilpencils a reality.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
This discussion has been closed.