As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Now with Broma, the magic dragon

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Well don't leave us in suspense!

What was in there

Ah right, I got a pre-made forma and 30 minute affinity booster out of it. I've heard of people also getting a bunch of credits, (like 20k-40k) but I only got about 500, so eh.
    Lockers... actually reward exploration now?

WHAT YEAR IS IT?!?!

Yeah they added these rare caches a little while ago. They have a fairly low chance to appear (I did about 11 void runs yesterday, and only saw the one container). It's a nice find when you do get one though. Just make sure to search every corner and room, and listen for the humming.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Yes I now how a better reason for useing ages to search ever corner and turn every rock in voids woooohoooo!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Lockers... actually reward exploration now?

WHAT YEAR IS IT?!?!

Lockers are still pretty terrible. The spoils that Divide and I have been mentioning have been coming from Jupiter exterminate missions. That tileset is so crammed full of lockers that some rooms have have more locker space than empty wall space. Each individual locker is worth diddly squat, but on Jupiter it adds up to a whole lot of diddly.

Kupo managed to find a rare storage container. I haven't seen one myself yet, but they are apparently very rare and actually contain some good stuff.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Did some nightmare missions for the first time last night with some pubbies and got some neat mods. Gonna have to keep doing those, along with the rad archwing missions (which I did several of with those same pubbies)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Some pretty great mods drop from nightmare missions.

Shred is a staple for many rifle builds and Lethal Torrent is essentially auto-include for every pistol build.

Sadly blaze and hammer shot are still a !#$% to find though. Keep your eyes peeled for nightmare mod alerts for those two. You'll go mad trying to farm them from nightmare missions (they had ~1% drop rates back before the drop tables were encrypted).

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Some pretty great mods drop from nightmare missions.

Shred is a staple for many rifle builds and Lethal Torrent is essentially auto-include for every pistol build.

Sadly blaze and hammer shot are still a !#$% to find though. Keep your eyes peeled for nightmare mod alerts for those two. You'll go mad trying to farm them from nightmare missions (they had ~1% drop rates back before the drop tables were encrypted).

Shred, Lethal Torrent and Blaze are the top three. Hammershot is slightly harder to justify on most weapons (basically latron prime, Vectis and the top end bows?).
    Ice Storm is another I love though (+Mag and a slight boost in Ice damage on pistols). Primarily since it's the most efficient mag increaser on pistols. Excellent for guns with low magsize and long reload. Primarily on the Lex (all versions of the Lex) and the non-Brakk shotgun pistols.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Hmm. Not long after my interest has waned enough I only find myself logging on for worthwhile alerts, I get the 75% off plat reward.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Hmm. Not long after my interest has waned enough I only find myself logging on for worthwhile alerts, I get the 75% off plat reward.

They know

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yeah, the RNG for the login rewards gets weighted towards plat discounts if you haven't been on for a few days.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    This new patcher is pritty nice!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    The engine crashes twice every time I open the game with this new launcher.

I mean, it still loads the game just fine each time, but I get two crash dialogues also, every single time.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Found this on reddit:
    b467lwt.png

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Oooh... so it really is gonna be Nova Prime? Dayum.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    SOMA PRIME?

Vasto Prime is cool, but SOMA PRIME? I mean, Soma is already a top tier murdermachine...or perhaps I should say THE top tier murdermachine.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    300% base crit chance! I want my plaid crits!

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ehehheheh, yeah. Soma Prime and Nova Prime, for when you don't want to give even a tenth of a fuck. It'll be glorious.

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    There was this brief moment when my heart rose, asking: "Vectis Prime?!"
    But nay, twas this bullshit.

Vasto prime is pretty cool tho

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I was hoping that if Nova Prime was actually a thing, they'd make her look a bit better, because I absolutely hate everything about the normal one's appearance. Looks like all the things I hate most are still there though. Feh. Hopefully it'll be better with the textures applied, but I won't hold much hope. At least the helmet doesn't look completely terrible?

Vasto Prime looks nice though. I've even been considering rebuilding the Vastos, so yay.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fffffffffff, what are they even doing with that soma prime model? My inner weapons engineer is dying inside.

Nova prime is neat I guess (but isn't nova a post-orokin frame?). I feel sorry for poor trinity. One could argue that this should have been her chance to step back into the spotlight.

On a side note, I would find it hillarious if DE trolled everyone by making soma prime a status weapon instead of a crit weapon.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Soma Prime looks like something that was picked out of the wreckage of a steampunk clocktower explosion.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Based on comments on reddit (and @Citizen Kupo‌), I'm the only person that likes the way Nova looks.

@General_Armchair‌ Nova is post Orokin, but then, so are sentinels; we still got Wyrm Prime.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Based on comments on reddit (and @Citizen Kupo‌), I'm the only person that likes the way Nova looks.

@General_Armchair‌ Nova is post Orokin, but then, so are sentinels; we still got Wyrm Prime.

I love the way Nova looks. Especially with the new helmet! She's purdy :3

• Options
    I'm going to need to see the textures before I can form a good opinion about nova prime. She looks like nova with some armor bits added on.

Vanilla nova has some particle effects around portions of her frame. I think nova prime has the potential for Ember prime levels of awesome in the looks department.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I've been grinding away at some weapons I have ignored for a while, I cannot believe how unfun the Tigris is. Why wouldn't they at least make it reload faster or give it a polarity slot?

• Options
    edited November 2014

It's mostly a culmination of a bunch of little, niggling bits that I dislike/have questions about. Why does she have leg warmers? Why is she wearing heels with them? Why does she have a giraffe neck? Why do all but one of her helmets look terrible? Why is there a random, giant discolored patch on her chest? Why does it look like she's sticking her ass out as far as she possibly can, no matter what animation set I use?

These are the things that keep me up at night.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014

It's mostly a culmination of a bunch of little, niggling bits that I dislike/have questions about. Why does she have leg warmers? Why is she wearing heels with them? Why does she have a giraffe neck? Why do all but one of her helmets look terrible? Why is there a random, giant discolored patch on her chest? Why does it look like she's sticking her ass out as far as she possibly can, no matter what animation set I use?

These are the things that keep me up at night.
    In order:
    Space magic.
    Space magic.
    Space magic.
    'Scuse me, two of her helmets don't look terrible.
    Space magic.
    Space magic.

cB557 on
  • Options
    The concept art for the upcoming gunslinger warframe is pretty fucking awesome. I don't usually give a shit about gunslingers or pistols but that design is too good. Her thumbs are fucking revolver hammers, how cool is that shit?

Also, glaive prime is finished and mag prime should be done later tonight! Super excited since the glaive is my favorite weapon in the game so far, and Mag is one of my favorite frames.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Nova always gave off a bit of a "Sloth" vibe to me. I think it is because her default helmet has a bit of a mellow appearance and her limbs and movements are pretty long and lanky.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Nova always gave off a bit of a "Sloth" vibe to me. I think it is because her default helmet has a bit of a mellow appearance and her limbs and movements are pretty long and lanky.

I think she looks cuddly. Which may be the same thing, depending on where you're standing ;)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Kashaar wrote: »

I think she looks cuddly. Which may be the same thing, depending on where you're standing ;)

Sloths, especially baby sloths, have the potential to look waaaaay too cute and cuddly. It is probably how they've managed to survive as a species.

Sloths incoming. CUTENESS WARNING.
    ljk25j76272h.jpg
    137i5v011qgt.jpg
    no5d3bdvsb54.jpg
    07bvqfscxpd7.jpg

They just look so incredibly peaceful.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Looks like they're doing a 12 hour reactor alert, since the patch is taking so long to come out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow, it is a reactor. Not a BP. A fully built reactor.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Novas neck waddle always made me think of a vulture.

• Options
    On the node Puck, Uranus with a credit reward of 8008.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So... does the big update coming tonight add the new Infested Alad V boss battle? I see the name of "Mesa" thrown around, whatever might that be about? New tileset? Don't think we've seen any previews for a new one, have we?

Anyone have more information?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm gonna take a guess and say "Mesa" might be the name for the gunslinger frame? It's the only thing I can think of that might be in the update and also be appropriately named mesa. I dunno if it's too soon for another frame, but who knows. Hell, they've already gone and posted a teaser on it.

As for Alad... that seems quite possible, actually. They did show some stuff on him in his infested form (model and some animations in particular) on the last devstream. I know there was a thing announcing something about the infested. I think people were saying it was about the new ancients they've been working on, but that was taken down quickly, so I didn't get a chance to see what that was about.

Maybe Liset customization? Rebecca's tweeted and posted about it, saying "soon," so... eh?

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well that reactor just let me upgrade to level 3 of the Arbiters of Hexis. One more rank (and a bo-prime handle), and then I can purchase that Gilded Truth mod for my Burston Prime.

I'm sort of hoping one of these updates reshuffles the drop locations of the prime parts....bo-prime handle only drops for Tower IV exterminate....and I have none of those keys.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Well that reactor just let me upgrade to level 3 of the Arbiters of Hexis. One more rank (and a bo-prime handle), and then I can purchase that Gilded Truth mod for my Burston Prime.

I'm sort of hoping one of these updates reshuffles the drop locations of the prime parts....bo-prime handle only drops for Tower IV exterminate....and I have none of those keys.

I've gotten rank 3 with Red Veil, so I can help you with keys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Catalyst alert up for an hour.

• Options
    ....no warframe. I want to sleep before turkey day....why are you dropping potato bp alerts now.

@Citizen Kupo thanks for the key offer man. I'm always happy to contribute to an orokin tower round robin. I don't personally have any T4 exterminate keys, but I have a few T4 survival/defense/interception from the Viver farming the other week.

3DS Friend Code:
This discussion has been closed.