As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Some of us got Blur on Steam before it was removed!

Lucky bastards! :(

One of my greatest shames is that I did a Blur Steam Giveaway thing and didn't think to just play Blur myself. This was before I started hoarding Steam games, you see.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    fck.. win8 crashed :biggrin:

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    @Corsini is a person who goes through someones Profile, and determines that while they own a base game, they don't have a DLC pack which they have a code for.

Basically, what I'm saying is @Corsini is awesome, I have to reinstall one of the Total War games, and also compile a list of people.... who are awesome. For no reason whatsoever. Anyway, thanks for Caesar in Gaul!

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Sonic racing in that humble bundle is just the best. It's the closest to multiplayer mario kart we will ever get on pc without saying the E word.

Dude, Blur.

Man I loved Blur on Xbox Live.

Some of us got Blur on Steam before it was removed!
    I'm still kicking myself for gifting it out when it was on sale for dirt cheap, but not actually buying it for myself.

Also still mad that Bizarre got shuttered

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Considering that 90% of my wishlist consists of games that aren't out yet, I have doubts that this Thanksgiving sale will do much for me.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Well, I was able to hold off on Geometry Wars 3 for about 7 hours. Downloading now. I wish you could lock yourself out of the store for a certain amount of time.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Definitely keen for some Friday Night action this week. I haven't played Sonic Racingon the PC before, but it's a fantastic game on the Vita

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Well, I was able to hold off on Geometry Wars 3 for about 7 hours. Downloading now. I wish you could lock yourself out of the store for a certain amount of time.

You can.

It's called "trying to buy something"

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Considering that 90% of my wishlist consists of games that aren't out yet, I have doubts that this Thanksgiving sale will do much for me.

Or, hope that they decide to come back with the ridonculous multipacks of like, 8 copies of a local multiplayer game, so you can basically just get all the people playing.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular

Same. I couldn't hold out. I have a sickness.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Given the recent changes to trading I'm surprised the key market does not seem to be affected much.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    @BornToHula‌, knowing my love of all things RTS and WWII, hit me with the Oberkommando West expansion for Company of Heroes 2. Hooray for King Tigers!

• Options
    - UPDATE 11/25/14 -
    We are working hard to finalize the process to move your Dark Souls: Prepare to Die saves and achievements to Steam. We need to conduct additional testing and we are now targeting December to begin this process. We'll have more information in the coming weeks. Thank you very much for your patience!

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I wish I could transfer a Skyrim save from console to PC. Sigh.

People have done Xbox to PC with just software.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Corsini wrote: »
    I wish I could transfer a Skyrim save from console to PC. Sigh.

People have done Xbox to PC with just software.

/facepalm

I should've known. Thanks, @Corsini!

Now, if only I can figure it out. I think the program's changed a lot in the three years since that was posted... and the file I can get from the Xbox won't load in PC Skyrim saying it's "outdated" and the wrong version. Further investigations will need to be made. But thanks for pointing me in that direction, I appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Got it working with a little more fiddling. The program's UI is... well, it took more figuring out than it let on. But I got there. My 78-hour save from the 360 is now in my PC version! Yeah, I know, I've only just got started... Now I just need to figure out why shadows were being weird in Breezehome.

Jazz on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Oh man, Goat MMO Simulator really is something :lol:
    It's $5 on Gamersgate

Not #Gamergate

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Oh man, Goat MMO Simulator really is something :lol:
    It's $5 on Gamersgate

Not #Gamergate
    I feel so bad for Gamersgate.

Definitely not for #Gamergate.

• Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Finally noticed I had a private message on here, and one on Steam. Seems some fine forumers felt I needed some games and shouldn't buy them for myself.
    @Darlan gave me Empire: Total War befoer I'd even really noticed the new Humble up, or had a chance at buying it. Thanks a lot, quick draw!
    @jclast sent me a "Random things to jam into your Steam client!" showing how easily he can get me to do things. Thanks for Speed Kills and Commando Jack, jCLASS!

Now back to my (evidently) regularly scheduled task of aggregating financial info for another credit verification ...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Sonic purchased and installing.

Went ahead and paid enough to beat the average, seeing it was only $3.something.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Sonic purchased and installing.

Went ahead and paid enough to beat the average, seeing it was only $3.something.

Same here. But I can't play anything because I'm away for Thanksgiving. I miss my PC lol

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    I envisange the front-pack in Sonic will be people who've played it for a while and have unlocked a bunch of characters and levels, and a much-more-distant-pack consisting of the rest of us scrubs who are only just now picking it up from the bundle haha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I think the friends list "last online" feature is bugged? Unless every person on there just happened to log out exactly six minutes ago. I only ask because I wanna find out if someone got a chance to read a steam message and not knowing when they were last online is inconvenient?

EDIT: NEver mind, it's working now.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Is it just me, or does the Humble bundle come with Company of Heroes 2 and not just some DLC for it? I haven't quite finished downloading it, but there's an entry for "Company of Heroes 2" in my Steam library now.

Edit: Ah, never mind, it's a stand alone expansion that is just labeled weirdly in the library, when you select the base campaign there's a "Purchase" button instead of a "Play" button.

Darlan on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Sweet hot damn that $1 tier is worth it.

New Sega Humble Bundle

$1
    Dreamcast Collection
    NiGHTS Into Dreams
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    Total War: Rome II- Caesar in Gaul DLC
    Miles' Tactic DLC for Football Manager 2015

BTA
    Empire: Total War
    Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West
    More to come

$12
    Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai

I feel like some of this is DLC so it requires people to have a fair number of the base games.

For $50 you can get a sweetass Dreamcast shirt.

Do I want to buy a sweetass Dreamcast shirt, or do I want to eat next week...

The Dreamcast Collection games used to be really borked on Steam (as in, you had to edit .ini files to get the launcher to actually save your settings), but the games all got a patch on the 15th in anticipation of the humble bundle, so that's pretty cool.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    This Sega racing is pretty darn good. You can't configure video settings in the game though, and when I click "configure" before launching the game nothing happens. I'm getting an occasional framerate drop that I'd like to smooth out. Any ideas?

chuck steak on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I envisange the front-pack in Sonic will be people who've played it for a while and have unlocked a bunch of characters and levels, and a much-more-distant-pack consisting of the rest of us scrubs who are only just now picking it up from the bundle haha

iirc, dlc character come fully buffed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271030/

That could go cheaper with the fall sale.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have decided to nix my re-playthrough of AC4 in favor of finally getting around to Mass Effect 3, which has been sitting around unplayed in my backlog.

This means, naturally, that I have to play through 1 and 2 again because I never played through them on PC (only console) and don't have the save files to carry over, and I have a psychological wall that prevents me from just downloading some other save file because I didn't do it and I'm playing as an imposter.

Do the PC versions of the Mass Effect games have controller support?

Ceno on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I have decided to nix my re-playthrough of AC4 in favor of finally getting around to Mass Effect 3, which has been sitting around unplayed in my backlog.

This means, naturally, that I have to play through 1 and 2 again because I never played through them on PC (only console) and don't have the save files to carry over, and I have a psychological wall that prevents me from just downloading some other save file because I didn't do it and I'm playing as an imposter.

No.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

No.

This always makes me so angry and is the sole reason I haven't replayed through the series on PC.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Hmmm, are any of these new survival sims on steam similar to a dwarf fortress or don't starve levels of fuck you up? I want a base that I must furiously defend and repair.....*stares longingly at skyrim and nexus*

• Options
    Dreamcast collection https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=dcMPwbpx8y2Z2Bcf

Sonic Racing game that is more awesome than you'd expect https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=sw52mmPkFW5Z6XWv

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I haven't spent much time with it, but Sega All-Start Racing Transformed is so good. You should really come join us on Friday. Also, the more newbies, the better chance I have of not finishing dead last.

Loading...?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Must not use code for DAI. It won't run well and it'll only make me wanna buy it again on the PS4.

Pssst. Pssst @Big Classy‌...

Dragon Age Inquisition on the PC has the option to use AMD's Mantle instead of DirectX 11.

You know, for people that have really good AMD GPUs (like, say, an R9 280X) but not such a great CPU (like, maybe an i3). If you know someone with a rig like that ( :razz: ) they might find that the game runs just peachy.

If you're not familiar with Mantle, it's AMD's counter to DirectX and OpenGL, and its main feature is that it offloads some of the processing power for a game off the CPU and dump it on the faster-and-more-capable GPU. It helps eliminate any CPU bottleneck.

Just sayin. :wink:

Pretty sure @Big Classy has an i5. 100% certain in fact.

My thoughts reading this: "Oh, cool, I have an AMD R9 270X, maybe I could take advantage of this Mantle thing! Oh, wait. I also have an i7, so there's no point. Am I... Am I actually SAD that I have an i7? Weird..."

Of course you are, because part of you wanted to test how well it worked. It makes sense that if you have an item that does something cool and new that you'd want to test it. :biggrin:

I'm going to be sad that my AMD GPU is one level (in their numbering convention) below what can use Mantle. And that, although I have an i7, it's an older Sandy Bridge one.

I'll just cry myself to sleep on this massive pile of games it can still run just fine. :wink:

I've got an even older one then you, running a 1366 chipset i7 overclocked from 2.6 to 3.6ghz. I have seen absolutely no reason it needs any upgrading at all, and actually believe that will hold true for quite awhile yet

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It should also be noted that Racing Transformed is a pretty tough kart racer too. We've all grown soft and weak with Mario Kart over the years. Never stop drifting, ever

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Bah, none of my stardock codes work on steam sans trinity.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Going to be out of town for the weekend, anyone have suggestions (other than hexcells and firaxis games) for games that can be played with only the touchscreen (mouse)? Also, sidenote for anyone getting the surface on blackfriday: the touch cover is only good for like maybe a forum post, if you plan on ever typing anything, spend the extra $50 for the one with real keys

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pretty much anything turn based works good mouse only, though most may have hotkeys that make life easier. Divinity OS, Wasteland 2, FTL, Frozen Synapse, Shadowrun Dragonfall. Most adventure games too, though probably not recent Telltale stuff given their action scenes.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Hey guys! I'm new here though you may have seen me around the forums.
    Been reading for ages but this past weekend I finally built myself a gaming pc! So I can now join in with the steam fun after years (!) of being away.
    My username is Calexd (I'll put it in my signature later) so I hope we can all play soon. Give me an add!
    Haven't got many games yet, been having fun adding stuff to my wishlist, but I'm sure the sale will change that! Let's do this!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    I haven't spent much time with it, but Sega All-Start Racing Transformed is so good. You should really come join us on Friday. Also, the more newbies, the better chance I have of not finishing dead last.

Loading...?

Thanks you!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Quical wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm new here though you may have seen me around the forums.
    Been reading for ages but this past weekend I finally built myself a gaming pc! So I can now join in with the steam fun after years (!) of being away.
    My username is Calexd (I'll put it in my signature later) so I hope we can all play soon. Give me an add!
    Haven't got many games yet, been having fun adding stuff to my wishlist, but I'm sure the sale will change that! Let's do this!

You've come into the fold at a great time - the Thanksgiving Steam sale starts very soon! It's a good time to put some money into your Steam Wallet so your bank doesn't look at you sideways if you end up spending $2-$5 a bunch of times in short order

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.