As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Singularity Satans 2014

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yo that still loads, you have to link NSFW stuff.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I

suddenly regret having said NSFW okay for my gifts

SATAN I DON'T WANT THAT

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I

suddenly regret having said NSFW okay for my gifts

SATAN I DON'T WANT THAT

Crap, where'd I put the receipt

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My Satanee's gift should arrive today

hopefully!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Platypus Beirut is my great Satan! He haft gifted me Dragon Age Inquisition!

I won't be seeing any of you for about 70 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZdXcgcYypI

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    so Dragon Age Inquisition seems to be Satan's game of choice this year, huh?

Dear Satan, please don't buy me Dragon Age Inquisition tia

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Dear @#pipe 's satan

give me his copy

thx

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I played the first Dragon Age for a little while and then I stopped because it was really boring.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ahhhhh the suspense of the package being delivered today is killing me!

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Denada wrote: »
    I played the first Dragon Age for a little while and then I stopped because it was really boring.

Pro Tip: Don't let this stop ya from picking up Inquisition

I was pretty not into the original Dragon Age, but Inquisition is FANTASTIC

Also I personally loved DA2, but a lot of people don't. You can absolutely skip both 1 and 2 and jump right in to Inquisition.

Didgeridoo on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I got my first gift from President Amazon the Darkest Dark Lord! Sorry for the delay, Satan; I've been a bit sick and wasn't able to go to my post office until tonight. When I tore open the gift I fouuuund a fancy copy of Stardust by Neil Gaiman, my favourite author! And a promise of things to come!
    20141126_174843.jpg

Thanks so much, Internet Person!!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    How many of the Inq gifts have included a message involving the recipient not expecting the aforementioned Inquisition?

I am kinda afraid my package wasn't delivered today, which is disappointing mainly because it's cookies and I'm afraid of them becoming stale cookies.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I bet stale makes great cookies

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This time of year I jump whenever I hear a sound that might be a delivery truck.

I'm excitable like a puppy.

Been a couple of days since I checked my PO Box, I should probably check it on the way into work in the morning. *fingers crossed*

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Its because Dragon Age Inquisition is really fucking good

I hope it goes on a cyber Monday sale or something. I don't expect it to but let me dream, damnit!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DA is on my wish lists but i don't think it's going to go on sale for any consoles this holiday.

More gifts! I am spoiled!

I came home today at a reasonable hour to find not one, but two packages waiting for me. Since my cats only care if I'm offering them food or a lap to lay on, I decided to enlist some other helpers.
    7clvopv2ow8k.jpg

My daughters decided that I should open the small package first, so that's what I did. I was pleasantly surprised and amused by the contents. Satan, did you know that some of my favorite books growing up were Choose Your Own Adventure books? And that I still love the format to this day? And that every once in a while I say to myself "It would be fun to have one of those again" as I stare into the middle distance?
    yy8vaj81g29k.jpg

Next came the box. I'll get to the wrapped gift soon, but first there's this fine looking number on top. Guns, Germs, and Steel is a book I've been interested in since I first heard about it on NPR a long time ago. I'm really looking forward to this!
    joljtaestlgw.jpg

Now the tag, where-in I learn the identity of my Satan! @cabsy I haven't really run into you on the forums yet but you're killing it so far!
    iaadiepvefzk.jpg

And our final gift is... Vampire: The Requiem! This goes nicely with the World of Darkness core book, which is why I assume you designated this to be opened second. I asked my daughters to "Make a vampire face."
    xi2c7fmzxbem.jpg

This is all really great! Everything is just spot on and it's the perfect mix of stuff I wanted and stuff I didn't know I wanted. @cabsy‌ thank you so much!

1.jpg 77.7K
    2.jpg 82.2K
    3.jpg 75.5K
    4.jpg 61.7K
    5.jpg 70.2K
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I'm glad you liked it all! Just so you know - the choose your own adventure book has "adult themes", just in case you thought you might let your kids read it... probably not a good choice. I was stalking you and came across a post where you said something about modules and a let's read and for some reason got it in my head that you were doing a homestuck-style 'let's play' of a choose your own adventure book??? By the time I realized you weren't actually talking about doing that, I had already decided to get it for you anyway.

cabsy wrote: »
    I'm glad you liked it all! Just so you know - the choose your own adventure book has "adult themes", just in case you thought you might let your kids read it... probably not a good choice. I was stalking you and came across a post where you said something about modules and a let's read and for some reason got it in my head that you were doing a homestuck-style 'let's play' of a choose your own adventure book??? By the time I realized you weren't actually talking about doing that, I had already decided to get it for you anyway.

No it's perfect! And I don't mind adult themes at all. I was going to look through it first before choosing to show it to my kids anyway since I do that with everything (even the MLP comics bundle I bought today).

No it's perfect! And I don't mind adult themes at all. I was going to look through it first before choosing to show it to my kids anyway since I do that with everything (even the MLP comics bundle I bought today).

To be fair, My Little Pony is actually secretly a grownup show anyway.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I bet stale makes great cookies

The best kinds of cookies are spare ribs in a BBQ rub?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I am available as an Imp!

I'm just on the other side of the planet so my Imp skills may be... delayed

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I've got at least 6 imps stored in the ecto-containment grid who are always looking for good deeds to preform to expedite their parole.

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    What's this? Part two of a gifting? Is that even allowed?
    DSC_0159_zpsadb3bfc3.jpg

This is a good call. It's not something I asked for. It's not something I would buy. So, yeah, it's perfect. I love it. Plus, it gets me reading something that isn't a crime book for one.

(The 40 was not included. That is due to a second, unrelated holiday gift giving.)

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Moriveth wrote: »

To be fair, My Little Pony is actually secretly a grownup show anyway.

Well, the old one was.

Grownups on drugs.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    So somebody on these forums did something absolutely amazing for me. I don't know if they're my satan but if they aren't then that just makes it even more incredible. I've been waiting for it to get here so I can show pictures, but now it looks like the earliest it will arrive is Friday.

In the meantime, get hype. It's probably among the most amazing gifts in the history of secret satans.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    They got you a TIGER??

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    A pet dinosaur

A lamp with a djinni in it

A unicorn

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Qk3LhMv.jpg

My actual guess is a prepaid phone

3basnids3lf9.jpg

A winged lance with a nail from the True Cross embedded in its head

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    A perfect milkshake?

edited November 2014
    Crossing fingers works!

The pics are a little blurry, sorry
    10731145_10204448060014425_7192261235983086863_n.jpg?oh=ab4e3b55cabe300247719907767b8647&oe=551B2A4A

Not gonna lie, being recognized by @Stale is a present all its own
    10393698_10204448059614415_6256169147151182893_n.jpg?oh=e46c2371eb44c8adda88b6f46c6df388&oe=55110993&__gda__=1427441900_6cfe42e3a71703bdc282ef33f4e1dbf4

Yesssss, give me all the secret knowledge of the Universe
    10170869_10204448059214405_4336893326285950003_n.jpg?oh=8490c2c911d52c6c52f660aacee34055&oe=5510D72A&__gda__=1426856252_6cd4be9247a45cebdd3093bd7de72f85

There was also note in the PO Box that there was a package I needed to pick up from the counter, but being Thanksgiving I'll have to go tomorrow, so if that's from Satan, don't worry Satan!

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    oh jesus, as if riddles weren't hard enough

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    I'm currently waiting for someone, so have some chains! Corrections are appreciated.

? -> Denada 1 2 3
    ? -> Lost Salient
    ? -> Bogey 1 2
    ? -> DrZiplock
    ? -> Penguin Incarnate 1 2 3
    ? -> Rankenphile 1 2
    ? -> Marathon
    ? -> N1tSt4lker 1 2?
    ? -> Abracadaniel
    ? -> Slacker71
    ? -> fightinfilipino
    ? -> MulysaSempronius
    ? -> Raijin Quickfoot
    ? -> Lasbrook
    ? -> Cello
    ? -> DirtyDirtyVagrant

DHS Odium -> Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy
    jgeis -> Moriveth
    Platypus Beirut -> Bucketman 1 2

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    if anyone is in super holiday spirits and likes to gift and get comic books, check out GV's secret satan's too:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/194604/secret-shining-knight-enter-by-december-3rd-fight-the-sheeda-with-the-power-of-gifts

still time to sign up!

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!