As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ahem.
    @‌ Forar
    mass_effect_2_lego_characters.jpg

Oh, and here I thought I was being coy/subtle.

;-)

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Oh Santee, sorry about leaving you in the dark all month. I have some of your gifts picked out and am waiting to see what I can grab over the weekend.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Okay figured it out after talking to Santa again.

I now have an image with a QR code sitting on top of my avatar. Except the QR code is vaguely transparent and I can't get anything to read it! Halp.
    http://i.imgur.com/bqWgkDh.png

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Okay, so Figgy got a bill from Fedex about a remittance advice for the things shipped from the Blizzard store and I don't know why or how I can correct it. Can any Canadians illuminate this matter for me? Figgy is just as confused as I am and trying to do research on a phone for this sort of thing takes a while.

Can you elaborate? This is rather confusing as anything I can dig up suggests that an RA is a note saying something has been paid, and my thoughts to that would be that it requires no further action ... Is this some weird case where they're asking him for payment for the Blizzard store purchase, or maybe some particular tariff on the goods?

That's where I'm confused. It looks like a tax bill, but I've never seen one after the fact. I went and picked up the package myself, so if anything I would have gotten charged at that point?

Looking more closely it says FedEx has completed the customs entry on my behalf and now wants payment. So I guess this is them charging me duty.

This sounds more what I'm accustomed to. Brokering fees are the dumbest thing ...

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Santee, one of your presents was delivered yesterday, and you've posted since then, but not about said present, and I am sad.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I now have an image with a QR code sitting on top of my avatar. Except the QR code is vaguely transparent and I can't get anything to read it! Halp.

Got photoshop? Or Gimp?

My Internet is out and won't be home today or tomorrow, or else I'd take a crack at it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

On this most glorious day of feasting and gorging my fat face, santa has decided to reveal themselves to me.
    ermehgerdbrokenage_zps4458b37f.png

Also I've been told I'm going to be getting more? This is absurd!
    Thanks @Anoffday you are truly a classy gent!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    Santee, one of your presents was delivered yesterday, and you've posted since then, but not about said present, and I am sad.

Ditto. Except replace yesterday with last Thursday.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Got photoshop? Or Gimp?

My Internet is out and won't be home today or tomorrow, or else I'd take a crack at it.

I have pixlr.com and I spent a while yesterday playing with levels while I pointed my qr reader at the screen. I know there must be a way to draw that thing out of there, but I cannot figure it out! Or figure out what to google to do it!

• Options
    Ha. I just PM'd you, so hopefully as you've just posted you'll get that ASAP. :)

• Options
    Ha. I just PM'd you, so hopefully as you've just posted you'll get that ASAP. :)

Shower this photoshop wizard in praise, you must explain how you did that!

The QR Code is a link to the steam profile of creepy santa. Oh joy! Added him as a friend because I also like to explore dark basements and attics.

• Options
    SniperGuy has confirmed that the link is harmless, so here we go:
    I wasn't immediately sure how to get the QR code either. No alpha layer, and a mix of colours meant you couldn't really extract it with levels.
    Then it hit me - it's over top of his avatar. So I copied that in over the original, made it a subtraction layer, and got an image that was basically totally black. But I knew it wasn't ACTUALLY black. Now if you apply levels you can crush it to black and white. Invert the colours and you get ...
    Az5SRNo.jpg

I'm pleased that I could actually solve one of these steps for a change. :P

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    And today I give thanks again to my Santa because holy shit:

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

2014-11-27_11-46-11.png

Santa, you crazy! Good stalking since like 99% of my posts are in the TF2 thread and the occasional in the GoT despite being a HUGE ASOIF nerd! This gift was spot on! I love you, Santa!

This plus the Worms bundle of joy PLUS more to come?!

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Well, you are kind of married to the Khaleesi.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh wait, maybe I didn't totally screw it up, guess I'm gonna sit on the code for a couple days let some of the heat die down.

Kanden on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    To Santa. This talk about packages got me worried. I hope you listened and did not send stuff to my house. I don't use the front door. There was nothing there, but please use the work address given.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    I have received a mailed gift in addition to some electronic missives

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If I'm one of the Santees who should have gotten something already but did not, and hasn't posted about it but should have, it's because I haven't gotten anything yet. Not malicious.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Santee, I have just vomited a giftpayload at your e-mail. Be watchful. Neglect your loved ones to enjoy my gifts on Turkeyday.

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    I certainly did not get a present yesterday unless my Santa went back in time and backed the Caverns Kickstarter in my name, in which case I expect my bank account to be that much heavier. :)

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Holy Moly just checked my email and I got 3 games from my Santa!

FC4, Gang Beats and Super Time Force Ultra!
    6mjdZXK.png?1

• Options
    SniperGuy has confirmed that the link is harmless, so here we go:
    I wasn't immediately sure how to get the QR code either. No alpha layer, and a mix of colours meant you couldn't really extract it with levels.
    Then it hit me - it's over top of his avatar. So I copied that in over the original, made it a subtraction layer, and got an image that was basically totally black. But I knew it wasn't ACTUALLY black. Now if you apply levels you can crush it to black and white. Invert the colours and you get ...
    Az5SRNo.jpg

I'm pleased that I could actually solve one of these steps for a change. :P

Nice job! I probably would have manually drawn over it to make the QR code again. That sounds much easier.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Yeah, all I did was fiddle with the saturation levels in Photoshop and I was stumped.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Santa, I may have bought the PS4 GTA 5/The Last of Us bundle, hopefully this doesn't destroy any of your plans, I totally warned you.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Let's see... I'm wondering if somebody here had something to do with the following showing up in my mailbox? :biggrin:

RSXB0wg.png?1

QOIcNv3.png?1

oFZb5D7.png?1

I'd thank you by forum name if I could, but there just doesn't seem to be one attached to these... just an email that didn't get me very far when I tried to google it. If my Santa sent this, could they make themselves known, please? :)

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Pigeons?!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Hector Acosta? I know him!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    NOW I will put my hat on.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

Judging by a message I received from our elven overlord several days ago, I feel you may have sent something my way? I guess I'm not sure. Either way, in the case that you did, I just wanted to pop in and say that I haven't gotten anything yet.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Just got the bulk of my Santee's stuff ordered. Signed up for the free trial of Amazon Prime for it while I was at it, figured now is a good month to do so. Now I just have to wait for it to come and pick up a few local goodies and I can ship it off!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oooooh... hey wait that's not shepherd!
    Hector Acosta? I know him!

Gumbercules!? I love that guy.

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Ordered gifts, should arrive in a few days then I can send them off! Pretty happy. Think I got a good mix of local flavour, christmas spirit and what they will enjoy.

• Options
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

6mjdZXK.png?1

Hopefully you'll enjoy them! Your interests seemed to be subdivided neatly into Video Games and Comics. I leaned heavily on your steam wishlist because after careful poring through your post history, I realized that if I bought you something on instinct alone there'd be a good chance you already owned it!

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I'm listening to Christmas music so loud that my wife stood there for 15 seconds without me noticing until she actually tapped me on the shoulder.

I love this stuff.

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Icemopper wrote: »
    I'm listening to Christmas music so loud that my wife stood there for 15 seconds without me noticing until she actually tapped me on the shoulder.

I love this stuff.

What are you listening to?

Prime on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Woke up to a world with a new Star Wars trailer, and also this:

Owg0Z9B.png

I guess I get to do some math. MATH!

edit: Arcade score of 199040! Take that, Math Santa. Cool concept for a game, you have to collect numbers like powerups but only get the right ones to finish the math equation.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Gifts sent!

Watch your porch/hallway/shores Amerifriends!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The giftening by mystery santa continues. Adventure games! Hell yes. I was sent Runaway: A Twist of Fate. Haven't heard of it, but looks neat at first glance.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Santa, curiosity got the better of me and I ordered Cards Against Humanities Bullshit. Sorry

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

6mjdZXK.png?1

Also - does my Santa want to reveal themselves?
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

6mjdZXK.png?1

Hopefully you'll enjoy them! Your interests seemed to be subdivided neatly into Video Games and Comics. I leaned heavily on your steam wishlist because after careful poring through your post history, I realized that if I bought you something on instinct alone there'd be a good chance you already owned it!

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to getting into FC4, should probably wrap up FC3!