As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Singularity Satans 2014

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I hope I can make some mail out of these chains once we're done

There are Vikings and Saxons about and I need protection

I am offended by your casual remark accusing Vikings of being a somehow more violent people. If I wasn't at work right now I'd get my Warhammer and teach you some manners.

You'd teach him some manners with tiny figurines?

They'd perform a skit.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Many people are visual learners, smof. Don't be exclusive of non traditional learning styles.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Huzzah! I get home from my trip and I've got gifts waiting for me. From someone in my home state, no less. So thank you, @DirtyDirtyVagrant

Picture!
    122.jpg

I'm always looking for good coop games and this one will fit the bill perfectly. Once I finish licking the pictures, I plan on an evening of seducing my coop partner starting with some food from this here cookbook. Even if it's a bust, I will have delicious food. And that's what is important to me.

Erm, I also forced my dog Finley to dress up for SS. So here's that picture too.

123.jpg

Again, many thanks @DirtyDirtyVagrant

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Woo present! And reveal!

So I get a package from an Etsy vendor. And I'm fairly certain that I haven't ordered anything from Etsy lately (I'm pretty good about not buying wishlist things before Christmas because it sucks to buy something for someone and they just bought it for themselves. haha), but I'm not certain because I'm super good about second guessing myself. haha. Sadly, I took no pictures of the packaging because I didn't have my phone with me. But then I opened it. And it was awesome. So in order to appreciate how awesome, you must know two things: the 4th doctor is my favorite and introductory Doctor, and this was my current pincushion:
    oiT2DiK.jpg
    Slightly culturally insensitive, to say the least, but all that I could drum up.

So inside the box was this darling that I have been wanting for a while:
    ggnlzGb.jpg

And here he is already being put to work:
    4LBB4Jc.jpg

Thank you! So that makes three if the Columbia poster was also you @noggin, which I think it is since there is a loose theme here (maybe I'm overthinking) of air and time and space?

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    hey satan

if its not too late, i just want to say - use the address in the PM that nevs or usagi sent you.

My wishlist address is the exact same address, but for whatever reason when stale tried to use it, it didnt get sent to me.

No idea what happened, but better to use the PM address than rely on amazon's system here i think.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    @N1tSt4lker‌ great! I'm so glad you enjoyed all your presents!! My friend really likes the 4th doctor as well so it was a perfect choice.

Admittedly, I wasn't really going for a theme, but I guess you have a point there! I loved bioshock infinite so the poster was an obvious choice.

Merry Christmas!!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Two very special anonymous satans have purchased me kindle books.

Thank you dark lords. It has spurred in me an urge to continue our dark work this holiday season.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Ive been away from my computer for the past week in the woods so I haven't had a chance to check in on this thread, but I have finally found some good local goods for the gift bag. So i'm halfway there finally.

Deliciously halfway there.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a tomato pincushion that is from, I don't even know... the 19th century? it is old, is what I am trying to say.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    Has there been a Saints announcement?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    No, not yet.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Stale! I got the most confusing package in the mail. It was flat and solid and weird and I didn't order anything like it, and when I opened it up there was a sheet of metal inside!

You can imagine my confusion until I remembered that my wishlist had the magnetic spice jars AND the magnetic board on it! Thank you!

I will put up a picture as soon as I attach the thing to my cupboard door.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Santa!

The Wii U grab was a success.
    So I'm adding the following to my wish list
    Super Smash Bros
    That Wii U GameCube controller adapter
    Some of them Wii U GameCube controllers.
    Wiimotes since I don't think the bundle comes with any.

Anywho, no pressure if it doesn't align with your plans. Just throwing more ideas out. K bye!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I got home from my in-laws' house a few minutes ago and what do I find on my doorstep? A package!
    But it's Sunday! Confusion!
    IMG_20141130_163645639_zpsrpp77enz.jpg

There's presents in there.
    Time to call in the inspection squad.

Charlie says it's fine.
    IMG_20141130_163707279_zpsbwadolhi.jpg

Hrm. Hints as to what the presents may be!
    IMG_20141130_163729519_zpsedrmcsol.jpg
    IMG_20141130_163738695_zps5gsimbfa.jpg

YESSSSSS
    IMG_20141130_163909133_zpstzukw76m.jpg

I've been wanting these for the longest! Also we talked about trying the manuals etc out for the podcast once they came out but never had the money to do it.
    So not only do I thank you, nameless satan, but my party may curse your name!

Also what better way to use a present than to use it to corrupt a child?
    IMG_20141130_163935749_zps3umw7i3i.jpg

Thanks, Satan!
    And I don't see a name on these anywhere, so feel free to step forward and collect a large lumberjack hug from me.

May the dark god bless us, every one!
    mickey.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I've weighed my desire to just be evil anonymous and my desire to be completionist (re: the chains) and have decided to say that I am your Satan, TRV!

PS there's another one on the way but release dates are dumb.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Goose! wrote: »
    I've weighed my desire to just be evil anonymous and my desire to be completionist (re: the chains) and have decided to say that I am your Satan, TRV!

PS there's another one on the way but release dates are dumb.

Thanks a lot! I know these will get a lot of use. Throwing together random characters to see what sounds most fun to play haha.

I assume you're referring to the DMG?

If so, yeah the staggered releases for the core books is MAD DUMB

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    !!

I just came back to my room for the first time all day and a little Steam icon was sitting on my desktop waiting for me!

4vX38v1.jpg

@Wimble‌ you wonderful dude! I really really wanted this game but I promised myself I wouldn't do any game or gift purchasing until I had a real job, and then it was real job time but it was November so I promised myself no getting myself things til January!

I'm so excited to play! You're the best!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Hooray! I'm happy you're happy!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    A box!
    SmfVHAN.jpg

Inside the box!
    1nBs5EG.jpg

First tag!
    uIkJQZr.jpg

Sacred sperm!
    4Jj3J1B.jpg

Second tag!
    1Dqbqx4.jpg

Linking worlds!
    9Ghjhxy.jpg

Third tag!
    20KoAgB.jpg

Guarding galaxies!
    vU1kb2f.jpg

Fourth tag!
    3pUBYYP.jpg

Riding trains
    0qzZkLf.jpg

Thank you very much, @Psykoma!

PS Ticket to Ride is super fun

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Ticket to Ride is great. Everyone get it on Steam and play with me.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I got a package as I was leaving for work!

Now I am at work, have to wait until tomorrow.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    !!!!!

hk8bdC9.png

fuck yessssss I love Castle Crashers and haven't been able to play since I left my xbox back in Australia.
    Thanks DW you beautiful bastard!

Who wants to crash some castles with me??

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    @naphtali, you beautiful bastard.

Right so...this is a really busy time of year for me so I haven't been on top of my get home, pick up packages game.

About a week ago, a box with Dragon Age: Inquisition showed up. Which is pretty god damn awesome and I'm looking forward to putting my new gaming rig through the paces with it.

THEN...when I got back from Thanksgiving break there was another package waiting for me. This one featured some damn delicious BBQ sauce that I hadn't heard of.

AND THEEEEEN...when I got home today I picked up ANOTHER package! This one had some apple wood chunks, a set of BBQ bear claws (rawr), a wireless thermometer set (with two probes...cause who doesn't love a good dual probe), and a chimney starter as well!

This is...I AM GOING TO BBQ ALL THE THINGS.

Seriously, man, you nailed this. Thank you so so so much. You've spurned me onward into ordering the last of the pieces that I need to build my homerigged smoker. I'll be sure to share the pictures once I get things going on it as well.

IMG_20141201_183225_zpsc5643250.jpg

He also included a note that said that there would be more! I....I don't need more. You sir, are a fucking Satan's rockstar.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    The gifts I'm sending off have finally arrived!

Soon giftee .... soooonnnnnnn.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    A box!
    SmfVHAN.jpg

Inside the box!
    1nBs5EG.jpg

First tag!
    uIkJQZr.jpg

Sacred sperm!
    4Jj3J1B.jpg

Second tag!
    1Dqbqx4.jpg

Linking worlds!
    9Ghjhxy.jpg

Third tag!
    20KoAgB.jpg

Guarding galaxies!
    vU1kb2f.jpg

Fourth tag!
    3pUBYYP.jpg

Riding trains
    0qzZkLf.jpg

Thank you very much, @Psykoma!

PS Ticket to Ride is super fun

Yay! Hope you have fun :D

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    He also included a note that said that there would be more! I....I don't need more. You sir, are a fucking Satan's rockstar.

my winged monkeys have already set out to deliver them, so you'll get it whether you like it or not

mwuahahaha

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    W

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Alright Satan, I've been slacking and we both know it, I've been trying to poke at this postcard mystery a bit here and there.

For everyone else, I received this missive via PM a few days ago.
    LASBROOK

I come to thee as a receptacle of His Infernal Majesty

He Speaks Through Me

Thy eyes have deceived thee, Lasbrook

Look again upon your messages from the Dark Lord

Look closely, Lasbrook, closer than thou hadst previously dared

Then, and only then, shall this missive fail to elude thee

@DaMoonRulz‌

Here are the links to the original image files, they're like 1.5M each.
    http://i.imgur.com/UNnYefd.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/CEpsG9g.jpg
    It doesn't show up well on the picture but the small text around the border on the front is all the same "8. la respiration - 7. les échanges gazeux - la tuberculose"
    So like you said I had missed the n in Satan, the word identity is pretty covered up by the post mark but by looking at the reflection of the pen ink in the light it doesn't seem like any letters there are marked.
    So the count is:
    nMhaehbFiveAnE
    I still don't see anyone's name in that. I have noticed the capital letters all spell FAME, and with the lowercase letters you can spell niven with haehb left over which looks nothing like larry so I doubt that's it. My current guess is four words starting with F,A,M and E but haven't put together a sentence yet.

Also the post card can be bought here: http://www.chroniclebooks.com/titles/the-art-of-instruction-100-postcards-of-vintage-educational-charts.html from Chronicle Books in San Fransisco,CA.

Edit: This was my post the entire time. Move along.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    @Lasbrook Ah, perhaps I was too coy about deciphering the puzzle.

add in the underlined n in Satan you missed, and google the letters are they appear (within quotation marks)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    So, this year I was unable to participate in Satans due to a lack of funds. But there was an error with the signups, and I got entered anyway. Neville was gracious enough to let me bow out. However, @Platypus Beirut‌ received my information as a by product, and he got me a couple of things even though he knew he didn't have to. It was very sweet and I was very touched and grateful. He got me two volumes of The Unwritten, which is one of my favorite comics being written right now, and I haven't been able to catch up on them and he is basically a really nice, good guy.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz‌
    Ah, I forgot to try going back to the 21st century with the new info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMhaehb5AnE

So either my Satan's not from Texas? Or which would be even more impressive is they know I'M not from Texas. I'm gonna guess the former and I believe it's the only person I know of that's signed up for this, in Texas, and new to the area.

@Lost Salient

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    @tynic is awesome and I love her

she got me this:
    MSFCover_smaller1.jpg

it came with explicit instructions on how I should repay her kindness

:winky:

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My apologies to my satan for being sick this weekend and not taking time to post about the sweet gift I got!

So I came home and saw a box!
    Naturally, I pulled out my camera and took a picture of it immediately.
    eb7qr9vxoqga.jpg

What's in the box?

Stuff!

First, notes!
    z6cae2lwzw6w.jpg8ee4lg539ofv.jpg
    Woot! Yes actually these are NC State's colors! And just in time to celebrate the Pack laying the smack down on Carolina!

So what'd I get?

sizfyh729lbo.jpg

MOAR DICE!

Which I actually kinda badly needed because I have been rolling like absolute ass at game lately, though I honestly believe it's my dice protesting 5th edition, but we'll see!

THANKS and HAIL SATAN!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I just got a notification from UPS that I would be getting an order delivered tomorrow (12/3), from Amazon. I didn't order anything myself (as far as I remember) so I think I might be getting Satan'd.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I got a box!
    Inside the box were two things (here neatly arranged under my tree)
    20141201_174759_zpse98ded02.jpg
    A tag!
    20141201_175423_zps2685e643.jpg
    And unwrapped!
    20141201_175650_zps996adac9.jpg
    A zombie desk calendar and what looks like a most excellent board game?! AWESOME!

Hail Satan! Thank you! Your gift did not have your forum name, but thank you (I do have your real name, but that would not be cool to release that to the public :))

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    My apologies to my satan for being sick this weekend and not taking time to post about the sweet gift I got!

So I came home and saw a box!
    Naturally, I pulled out my camera and took a picture of it immediately.
    eb7qr9vxoqga.jpg

What's in the box?

Stuff!

First, notes!
    z6cae2lwzw6w.jpg8ee4lg539ofv.jpg
    Woot! Yes actually these are NC State's colors! And just in time to celebrate the Pack laying the smack down on Carolina!

So what'd I get?

sizfyh729lbo.jpg

MOAR DICE!

Which I actually kinda badly needed because I have been rolling like absolute ass at game lately, though I honestly believe it's my dice protesting 5th edition, but we'll see!

THANKS and HAIL SATAN!

That is a rather large box for some dice.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    No they are gigantic dice.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    No the box was quite large but it didn't look like it had been tampered with. I will check but I don't think there was supposed to be anything else in it.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Amazon in this country are renowned for sending things in ridiculously large packaging, especially around xmas time when I guess the packing staff stop giving any fucks. So maybe it's the same everywhere.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The box is to be converted into 1 giant die

Edit: The box is rectangular so no dice I guess

Peas on