As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Squinting really hard, the bottom left quarter of the stained glass makes me think of Shadow of the Colossus.
    Bottom right looks like some kind of meteor or object that impacted and made a crater with blue sky above.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I thought bottom right looked like a glass. Hmm, not sure what that says about us.

• Options
    Okay so my Santa just seemingly outed himself as @Icemopper so not a picture of an avatar. Hmm.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Mosaic:
    Mosaic-200_zpsdc03bc56.jpg
    Stained Glass:
    You can sort of see why I think it's an avatar.

I shrunk that one down in paint to like 5% the original size and it actually looks like 4 pictures or at the very least some sort of collage.

3RqgK4z.jpg

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    shadowane wrote: »
    Got another picture. Still doesn't look like anything to me.

edit: I'm wondering if it will end up being my santa's avatar or something given the shape of it though. Would make the most sense.

Are the colors all similar? It could be that you could do a few photoshop overlays or subtracting and some funny business, wave a magic wand, then you might have something noticeably recognizable?
    It's clearly an image, I just can't see anything. Here are two of the three versions since I've uploaded them already.
    Mosaic:
    Mosaic-200_zpsdc03bc56.jpg
    Stained Glass:
    stainedglass-42100_zps9cac0c76.jpg
    You can sort of see why I think it's an avatar.

Those are a blury. . . something? I wish I could help, but I'm not good at puzzles. Has Santa made any mistakes to give him/her self away?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Okay now I'm just super confused as to who is my santa! I'm assuming it'll be clear at some point.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I shrunk that one down in paint to like 5% the original size and it actually looks like 4 pictures or at the very least some sort of collage.

3RqgK4z.jpg

Reminds me of Gunpoint sort of.

• Options
    Okay not @icemopper. My santa is just messing with me apparently.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Combined the two images but it doesn't seem to make anything in particular.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I thought it was one of those pills from Smash Bros.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Yeah it's the same image with two different photoshop filters applied to it. Mosaic and then Stained Glass. I was given the numbers used to create them but it doesn't actually help. I'm pretty sure at this point my santa is just having fun with me.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

I am the worst Santee ever! I let two, count em TWO gifts sit in my email an entire day before redeeming them. I have committed a great Secret Santa Sin and now I must purify myself.
    ImageProxymvc_zps3cc4078b.jpg
    a2769391580_10_zpsb8a65315.jpg

Love them both! The album is sick. I had never heard it before, but I listened to it a couple time last night.

And Skyrim...time to revisit this beauty now with mods. Had on 360, now I have it on the master platform. Do I get to be Master Race now?

Thanks @‌Elin

P.S. There's more to come I'm told!

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

HOLY SMOKES! I got my first gift and an ominous message!

The parcel looking gorgeous!
    vGkqZbH.jpg

A rather strange message.... More to come!?
    kGzew9D.jpg

OH MY GOD! I LOVED THE MOVIE AND EVERYONE TALKED THIS UP SO MUCH I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!!!!!!
    32bfrfR.jpg

Santa! You've nailed it! This is gorgeous and its something I would never have gotten myself, the best kind of gift! A new addiction to boot! <3

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    This looks like a lot of fun, wish I wasn't too late to enter.

Also Jewish so I can't be Santa. :(

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Not me @shadowane , but this is fun anyway! Post the photoshop numbers, maybe there's something there! I doubt we can bring the original back, but it could be interesting to see what they did.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Now it looks even more like hex, but I hadn't gotten anything when I tried it before. On mobile, so I'll have to dig deeper later.

When I put the code in google, this pops up, which matches a lot of the string. I've put it through a couple hex decoders and gotten nothing, but again, I am an idiot

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I can't believe it took me this long to break out the hatted avatar!

Also the mystery picture looks like a four panel comic to me, with those distinct quarters and what could be speech bubbles at the top of each one.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So this isn't exactly secret santa related, but maybe you all can help!
    I'm trying to find the gamecube adapter for the wii u for smash bros. Has anyone seen one near where they live? I can reimburse you and pay shipping if you pick it up for me!
    Please and thanks!

• Options
    OK @shadowane from what I can tell, you've got 4 images there. It looks like they're telling or showing you how to make some sort of blood colored drink in a one of those 5-gallon jugs of water for a watercooler. This is what I got out of quick photoshop overlaying and re-sizing. Does this look like something you've mentioned before? Bloodwine or something?

JePos4F.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2014
    After further analysis, I've got this for you, and in the top left, one of those bottles is almost definitely liquor of some type, possibly vodka.

I put black lines in there to designate possible separations of images. Could be 6 images.

No idea what it means, and I'm not your Santa, but it is fun!

4eg3mPB.jpg

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh wait, is it a Smash thing?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Looks like Link and Tingle.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Gummi bear vodka?

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Pictures of your gifts, maybe?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    The thing that looks like a shot glass (bottom right) also looks like a creepy face if you turn it upside down.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Suddenly that glass of red stuff at the end looks like a demon pig to me

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I for one enjoy this thread's slow descent into SAW level of puzzles.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    While I'm having a lot of fun watching other people solve puzzle I am very glad it's not me who has to solve them.

That Days of Future Past graphic novel looks awesome!

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    I am quite certain it is one of these in at least the top left and bottom right picture:
    a5hwh1B.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2014
    So is this Santa?

Simon2.jpg

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Actually, looking at it a few beers in, the center column seems to have two images a piece in it. You can almost see in the center top of the column there might be a smaller representation of a jug.

Without more images, there's not much more we can do. There's really only one color information per 'pixel' or 'mosaic tile,' and I'm all out of beer anyway.

• Options
    what if we zoom and enhance?!

I said ZOOM and ENHANCE!

• Options
    ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

It started last night, with a mysterious envelope courtesy of my husband @Farangu that I was advised not to open until I had the forthcoming gifts. I think the cat took the advice too seriously, as he guarded the letter after I got it:

tm4vhcil.jpg

Nestled amongst the hoard of boxes delivered today was something addressed to me, but heavier than anything I remember ordering as gifts. What could it be??!?!?!

1lkmQucl.jpg

h5sf0HBl.jpg

Pre-emptive sorry to @Lost that my forum footprint is so tiny. And what do I see when I open it...

tWF1SHLl.jpg

zdK9ewtl.jpg

Now I can cook all of the things! I love cookbooks, a nice insertion into my growing collection. Many thanks! And the envelope that was guarded so well?

cVFO1f3l.jpg

g04ORBil.jpg

Now I can SPICE all the things too! Blah blah blah Dune reference blah blah. Thank you a million times over! Even if I'm hard to stalk, you got me some awesome gifts. So much better than a Jelly of the Month club! (blah blah blah Christmas Vacation reference blah blah).

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Part 2! Part 1.

Another mysterious box arrives. Featuring: more kitty.
    sMqkd3m.jpg?1

Well let's open 'er up, what's it say here... spaceship? Spaceship!
    40CznUa.jpg?1

SPAAAACESHIIIIP! GONNA BUILD A SPACESHIP!
    RpKO8LC.jpg?1

Seriously Santa--Nick Soapdish, if that is even your real name--I don't know what to say! This is incredible and generous.

All I can do is pay it forward. Must find more gifts for santee.

I'll be sure to post this when it's built, but this one might not be so quick!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Lost YEAAAA DELICIOUSNESS

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

SPAAAACESHIIIIP! GONNA BUILD A SPACESHIP!

The spaceship is such a fun build! Benny is the best. <3

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    The best part of that set has to be the space-suit unikitty. I would suggest I have no idea how I love unikitty so much, but that would be a lie; Allison Brie is just amazing.

• Options
    I just had to yell at my facebook feed for being racist asshats again... popping in here was wonderfully heartwarming and a bit calming. love you guys. stay merry.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Gift away! At least, one part is!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna totally out the picture, but those 4 are suspiciously similar to pictures posted way earlier in this thread. Especially that last one.