As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

Arrival of a package!
    5F0RmX6.jpg

A combination of packages!
    xpnXt7F.jpg

Tags on the packages!
    tXcSUNc.jpg
    bZkQQeG.jpg
    5o4yXdc.jpg

And now the contents of the packages!
    na3a4p2.jpg
    KqXC3Go.jpg
    yBF4mTt.jpg

Thanks Santa! Never heard of this author, but the story sounds interesting. I also do like Final Fantasy a fair bit, and am really into worldbuilding which is sometimes much to the detriment of my progress in actually writing the story. And the Black Knight will be occupying my desk to protect my trove of Diet Pepsi cans from wandering heroes.

Now, reveal thyself!

Madican on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    On the eight day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, more Steam games to you from me. :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

I turned 30 today, what better way to celebrate that soul crushing round number than to continue giving away games on my favorite gaming forum of all time? Oh and not one of you buttholes PMed me asking for a single one of the Origin games I was offering for day seven of this giveaway I'm doing. So I'm just going to give those games to some needy neckbeards in a chat room somewhere.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    @Madican‌ it was me! I forgot to put my name on both of the PA secret santas I did this year, I think I was too excited when ordering the stuff :/

Hope you enjoy!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    woo all my Santees stuff arrived now. Just need to try and package it and keep it under 2KG!

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    I'm not gonna totally out the picture, but those 4 are suspiciously similar to pictures posted way earlier in this thread. Especially that last one.

Hey, you're right! This thread is fun!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Welp, my 'one day shipping' Wii U I ordered on wednesday still didn't arrive today. Kinda put a downer on my weekend.

Buuuut I got gifts from santa! I've been told there's a second delivery on the way however, so I will not be opening anything until I have a complete set.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna totally out the picture, but those 4 are suspiciously similar to pictures posted way earlier in this thread. Especially that last one.

Oh yeah, you are so right! Crancin!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    @Aioua‌

Nick Soapdish...IE...The Tick! Twas' me the Merry little Stalker that sent you the Lego's! There was supposed to be one more small package coming your way and it's still scheduled to ship but it's a very small thing from a very local brewery i thought you might enjoy. Turns out they only ship out when they distribute so it could be anytime in the upcoming future they actually get around to shipping!

Anyhow, i hope you enjoy and have a great Holiday! Wanted to get the gifts to you before the Holiday madness took over!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    WillyDub wrote: »
    @Aioua‌

Nick Soapdish...IE...The Tick! Twas' me the Merry little Stalker that sent you the Lego's! There was supposed to be one more small package coming your way and it's still scheduled to ship but it's a very small thing from a very local brewery i thought you might enjoy. Turns out they only ship out when they distribute so it could be anytime in the upcoming future they actually get around to shipping!

Anyhow, i hope you enjoy and have a great Holiday! Wanted to get the gifts to you before the Holiday madness took over!

Oh, awesome. That will also be a delight, whenever it makes it to me. Thanks so much again!

My friday evening plans are to drink beer and play with legos. It's gonna be good times.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    On the eight day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, more Steam games to you from me. :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

I turned 30 today, what better way to celebrate that soul crushing round number than to continue giving away games on my favorite gaming forum of all time? Oh and not one of you buttholes PMed me asking for a single one of the Origin games I was offering for day seven of this giveaway I'm doing. So I'm just going to give those games to some needy neckbeards in a chat room somewhere.

We love you and you're the best, but I had all the games already. :( Good news for neckbeards, I guess?

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

Hey, you're right! This thread is fun!

I've just been through the thread and can't find anything.

I'm feeling much more in the Christmas spirit now though!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

We love you and you're the best, but I had all the games already. :( Good news for neckbeards, I guess?

You have great taste in giveaways, and thats why I already own all the things you are giving out! That, and I will never install origin.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Kendrik wrote: »

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

You have great taste in giveaways, and thats why I already own all the things you are giving out! That, and I will never install origin.

That makes me sad. While I dislike having yet another steam-like platform because EA is a bunch of whiners, it's un-possible to skip Dragon Age, Mass Effect, or Battlefield on the PC. You're missing out on some great games because of that decisions. Props for sticking to it, though.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Santa, should gift volley #3 arrive soon as expected, I won't be able to post pics till late next week (moving this weekend, no Internet till wed most likely)

So i didn't just disappear I promise

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Santee, my schedule is getting annoyingly full and along with shipping times at Christmas the other part of your gifts may need to be abandoned. I'll have to start thinking of alternates. :-(
    I was really looking forward to that though, so I'm willing to try and still make it work.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Santa...this is amazing.
    jrTDDJj.jpg
    ViZJhbO.jpg
    Amazing. How could you not be a part of Team Fruity, Captained by John Cena!
    LvLIPdv.jpg
    Attached to the bag of cereal. A puzzle! Can't wait to help my boy John Cena deliver one of his Five Moves of Doom to a prone Randy Orton!
    gewOocc.jpg
    The puzzle completed. Take that Legend Killer!
    dCcZSv8.jpg
    The back of the puzzle (and a dead Randy Orton)
    UV94ehL.jpg
    Done!

Santa...what a hilarious and unexpected surprise to come home to, and on my birthday eve!

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    I totally forgot to tell my Santas for two years now that they should send me a key chain from where they live. I collect key chains. I guess I don't actively collect them much anymore but I have been collecting them for like, 23 years now (I am so old). Every time a relative is going away somewhere I tell them to bring me one. I don't know what made me think of it, but now I want to get them all out and look at them.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    cornell wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

Santa...this is amazing.
    jrTDDJj.jpg
    ViZJhbO.jpg
    LvLIPdv.jpg
    Attached to the bag of cereal. A puzzle! Can't wait to help my boy John Cena deliver one of his Five Moves of Doom to a prone Randy Orton!
    gewOocc.jpg
    dCcZSv8.jpg
    UV94ehL.jpg
    Done!

Santa...what a hilarious and unexpected surprise to come home to, and on my birthday eve!

I'm glad that puzzle is easier than the last one! I've been trying to decode the (what appears to be) hex code to no success. Can't convert to decimal, or binary, or ascii and get any sort of result that makes sense.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

Santa...this is amazing.
    jrTDDJj.jpg
    ViZJhbO.jpg
    LvLIPdv.jpg
    gewOocc.jpg
    dCcZSv8.jpg
    UV94ehL.jpg
    Done!

I'm glad that puzzle is easier than the last one! I've been trying to decode the (what appears to be) hex code to no success. Can't convert to decimal, or binary, or ascii and get any sort of result that makes sense.

It was a puzzle fit for an idiot savant like myself, it was perfect.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Santa...this is amazing.
    jrTDDJj.jpg
    ViZJhbO.jpg
    LvLIPdv.jpg
    gewOocc.jpg
    dCcZSv8.jpg
    UV94ehL.jpg
    Done!

I love how your handwriting is like that of an eight year old.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Holy shit, Santa, you crazy!

Giftget.gif

New thing?! Cat swwaaarrmmmm:
    Cxze0kt.jpg
    Yoshimitsu Capoeira (black) and Nibbler Genasi (brown/ tan) return for their bajillionth Secret Santa box inspection duty, with their little brother, Krieger Sandvich (white-ish/ tan), having his first go at it.

pBtE72I.jpg
    "I don't get it... This isn't food at all."

7LVFT6h.jpg
    Krieger continues to be confused while Nibbler maintains professionalism and inspects the two wrapped presents.

HA1if67.jpg
    Meeetaaallll!

F1flWBb.jpg
    "Living Language: Dothraki - A Conversational Language Course Based on the Hit Original HBO Series"
    Holy shit, this sounds really neat. I straight up want to write a Dothraki metal song now. Nibbler headbangs furiously.

IBwvdSt.jpg
    There's MORE to come after this?! Santa, you fiend! Stop giving me things!

ZfTyJXH.jpg
    "South Park - The Complete Seventeenth Season"
    Daaayyuum. This is the season with the Game of Thrones episodes (featured on the cover), which is hilariously the only South Park episode I've seen in quite awhile, despite being a big fan of the show! This is perfect!

aSlK4H0.jpg
    Yoshimitsu returns to see if I've conjured any food or catnip and pauses briefly for a picture with the loot.

Damn, Santa. I'm stunned that there could possibly be more after this! Everything has been right on the mark! <3

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

Santa...this is amazing.
    jrTDDJj.jpg
    ViZJhbO.jpg
    LvLIPdv.jpg
    gewOocc.jpg
    dCcZSv8.jpg
    UV94ehL.jpg
    Done!

I love how your handwriting is like that of an eight year old.

But I have little hands!

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Holy shit, Santa, you crazy!

Giftget.gif

New thing?! Cat swwaaarrmmmm:
    Cxze0kt.jpg
    Yoshimitsu Capoeira (black) and Nibbler Genasi (brown/ tan) return for their bajillionth Secret Santa box inspection duty, with their little brother, Krieger Sandvich (white-ish/ tan), having his first go at it.

pBtE72I.jpg
    "I don't get it... This isn't food at all."

7LVFT6h.jpg
    Krieger continues to be confused while Nibbler maintains professionalism and inspects the two wrapped presents.

HA1if67.jpg
    Meeetaaallll!

F1flWBb.jpg
    "Living Language: Dothraki - A Conversational Language Course Based on the Hit Original HBO Series"
    Holy shit, this sounds really neat. I straight up want to write a Dothraki metal song now. Nibbler headbangs furiously.

IBwvdSt.jpg
    There's MORE to come after this?! Santa, you fiend! Stop giving me things!

ZfTyJXH.jpg
    "South Park - The Complete Seventeenth Season"
    Daaayyuum. This is the season with the Game of Thrones episodes (featured on the cover), which is hilariously the only South Park episode I've seen in quite awhile, despite being a big fan of the show! This is perfect!

aSlK4H0.jpg
    Yoshimitsu returns to see if I've conjured any food or catnip and pauses briefly for a picture with the loot.

Damn, Santa. I'm stunned that there could possibly be more after this! Everything has been right on the mark! <3

You have a kitty so fluffy that I am itching over the internet and I want it badly.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I got an Amazon package late last night, and there was another waiting for me when I got home today! Could it be Santa?? I may need to confirm they're not from my mother, and are therefore to be left unopened until Christmas. Unless Santa wants to send me a Proxy message to let me know they're from you?

@UEAKCrash‌ Awesome gifts! And your cats are awesome too!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    You have a kitty so fluffy that I am itching over the internet and I want it badly.

And that's AFTER a sloppy trim around his mane so he can clean himself. He is a massive ball of fluff. Also he's fat, that doesn't help.

• Options
    I have been instructed that I am to receive a 14ft christmas tree in the mail.

but also it's super cereal and that's a pretty high level of secrecy so I hope I don't get in trouble for posting it

sig.gif
  • Options
    Got two Amazon packages today, but they were stuff I ordered. Canvas bags and diaper liners, nothing exciting.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Those cats are so awesome. The one looking at the camera in the second picture looks fit for a throne.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I have been instructed that I am to receive a 14ft christmas tree in the mail.

but also it's super cereal and that's a pretty high level of secrecy so I hope I don't get in trouble for posting it

Whaaat??

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    yah

funny thing is I actually dug an old, dying tree out of the garden recently and I could feasibly plant a 14ft christmas tree in it's place. It's certainly intriguing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The last time my family had a tree that tall it ended with the vast majority of ornaments obliterated.

• Options
    I'd have to cut that tree in half to make it feasibly fit inside my house. But then again, if you're getting a 14' tall tree, I'm imagining it is intended for outdoor planting?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I'm not entirely convinced it's really a 14ft tree. Especially with overseas shipping.

Unless santa google map'd my house and saw that I already have a (small) christmas tree planted in the garden.

but shhhhhhh

sig.gif
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Is it the Griswold tree?

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Santee! The final bits of gifting will be to me on Tuesday, wrapped, and sent out likely the same day!

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Giftget.gif

So I got two boxes from Amazon today, which is not unusual, as I've ordered a lot of things on Amazon over the past week. So I was just opening them to see what it was when I spied wrapping paper in one! Whoops! So I got my camera and went in search of a suitable representative. My cats are...meh, not helpful, maybe I'll enlist them next time (spoiler alert). So I got my two-year-old's new Build-a-Bear. He just made him last night - and yes, this was completely his choice. He throws him around to make him "fly." The box in the background, yes, that fairly sizable box, had a recorder in it. As in the flute/whistle type instrument.
    IMG_3818_zps5c95ada1.jpg

Inside the description...gift the which? Third? This is the only thing I've gotten, so it must have been at the distribution center in AZ or NV, I always get that stuff next day. NOW I HAVE ANTICIPATION!
    IMG_3819_zpscca28557.jpg

Thank you Santa! I haven't read this one before, but I have seen it gifted in years past and I've heard good things about it. I am pretty thinly read as far as comics, I mostly have DC trades, and not more than a dozen of those. I guess I have mediumish collection of old Knights of the Dinner Table comics as well. Anyway, I look forward to reading it as soon as the kids go to bed.
    IMG_3821_zpsabb61b89.jpg

I could probably look in the invoice envelope and possibly see who sent it to me, but since this is apparently only one of three gifts (squee) I think I'll wait until the rest arrives to try to unmask you. Just FYI, if this stuff was supposed to come tomorrow, I am going to be out all day tomorrow so I might not get to it until quite late or Sunday.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So it was my mom's birthday yesterday, and my sister got flowers delivered. They ended up all being dead when they got here yesterday, so my sister got replacements mailed here today.

In a related story, Santa remains mysterious.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I say, is that a ...

Giftget.gif

?

I believe it is!

Santa, my vastest apologies for missing your emails, but I've been doing this week-long whole-company meeting thing, where somehow I got put in charge of everyone's presentations and, simultaneously, we kicked off a new product launch with a new customer at the same time I got put in charge of revamping one of our old products. I haven't checked personal email in, like, way too long.

So, anyway, I get back home today and start checking through my email when, much to my surprise, I notice some ... notices ... from the Steam Store. What classiness!

85dwcerf42gm.png
    eccdibsswave.png

To answer your question, Oh Santish One, May Your Reindeer Be Ever Fruitful, I am one of the lucky ones who has absolutely no food or drink allergies and, as was a topic of some discussion at the company dinner last night, no particular cultural food taboos except horse. Anything goes! I'll proxy a message to you, as well, to make sure you get it.

Thank you!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well shit, now I'm going to have to buy all the other volumes of this.

Saga spoilers, I guess
    The robot kingdom people make me think of Castle Vidcons, and that makes me laugh a little every time they appear, which is probably not the reaction I'm supposed to have.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Well shit, now I'm going to have to buy all the other volumes of this.

Saga spoilers, I guess
    The robot kingdom people make me think of Castle Vidcons, and that makes me laugh a little every time they appear, which is probably not the reaction I'm supposed to have.

Saga was the first comic I purchased digitally. It is an amazing series that I can't seem to put down. Your Santa rocks for spreading this joy!

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn