As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Man, these spam accounts are getting better at this sort of thing.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    It's ridiculous.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

3cM8VcW.png

@ManetherenWolf just revealed himself to be my Santa! He's been proxy-ing for himself all along, the tricky bastard!

So that's the Team 17 Humble Bundle (tons of Worms games), The Telltale Game of Thrones series, A guide to learning the Dothraki language, South park season 17, and now The Stick of Truth! Awesome job with the gifts, you rocked my face off this year! Thanks a ton!

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Glad you liked it Crash!

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

@Forar has slipped down my nonexistent chimney and has given me a deluge of holiday cheer in the form of gifts.

Gift the first.
    ScreenShot2014-12-05at94014PM_zps4e7619ca.png

Who wouldn't enjoy trying to stay alive in a desolate wasteland devoid of civilization?

Gift the second.
    ScreenShot2014-12-05at94047PM_zps869f1528.png

I will indeed kill something in your name, good sir!

Gift the third.
    ScreenShot2014-12-05at94100PM_zps34123521.png

I do have a brother, in fact. With my experience, will take care of these brothers.

Gift the fourth.
    ScreenShot2014-12-05at110426PM_zps15a29712.png

I will indeed throw many small children to victory!

Gift the final.
    ScreenShot2014-12-05at110431PM_zps2124c052.png

Your good tidings has already made the upcoming year one to look forward to :).

Again, thank you Forar for the massive holiday cheer!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Wrapping santees gifts today. Post monday, should be there in a week or two. just before Christmas!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

So I got two boxes from Amazon today, which is not unusual, as I've ordered a lot of things on Amazon over the past week. So I was just opening them to see what it was when I spied wrapping paper in one! Whoops! So I got my camera and went in search of a suitable representative. My cats are...meh, not helpful, maybe I'll enlist them next time (spoiler alert). So I got my two-year-old's new Build-a-Bear. He just made him last night - and yes, this was completely his choice. He throws him around to make him "fly." The box in the background, yes, that fairly sizable box, had a recorder in it. As in the flute/whistle type instrument.
    IMG_3818_zps5c95ada1.jpg

Inside the description...gift the which? Third? This is the only thing I've gotten, so it must have been at the distribution center in AZ or NV, I always get that stuff next day. NOW I HAVE ANTICIPATION!
    IMG_3819_zpscca28557.jpg

Thank you Santa! I haven't read this one before, but I have seen it gifted in years past and I've heard good things about it. I am pretty thinly read as far as comics, I mostly have DC trades, and not more than a dozen of those. I guess I have mediumish collection of old Knights of the Dinner Table comics as well. Anyway, I look forward to reading it as soon as the kids go to bed.
    IMG_3821_zpsabb61b89.jpg

I could probably look in the invoice envelope and possibly see who sent it to me, but since this is apparently only one of three gifts (squee) I think I'll wait until the rest arrives to try to unmask you. Just FYI, if this stuff was supposed to come tomorrow, I am going to be out all day tomorrow so I might not get to it until quite late or Sunday.
    I also avoided opening the invoice from my received gift. Why spoil the fun, right? :D
    And I picked up the hardcover Saga compendium during black Friday sales. I like to support local, but paying $30 for something normally about $60 was kind of a no-brainer. Really looking forward to getting into it too!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Again, thank you Forar for the massive holiday cheer!

You're very welcome! Always a pleasure to hunt for people's amazon/steam/other wishlists, see what's on there and OH FALLOUT YEAH THAT'S WHAT WE'RE GOING WITH!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    YAY!! Gifts are now on the way to my Santee!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Having only read the first volume of saga I'll also echo that it's one of the best comics I've ever read and the art is gorgeous from, as far as I know, a first timer in the industry

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Saga rules

It is also a good gateway drug for comics

• Options
    I think I have the first issue of Saga from some free comic day. It was pretty good. Definitely better than a lot of free first issues I have.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

I have all your stuffs boxed up and ready to go. I just need to slap a label on it and stick it in the mail. Oddly enough that seems to be the part I'm procrastinating the most!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @WillyDub‌

All built!
    0PbFw01.jpg

Thanks again WillyDub.

Now I just need to go buy some new shelves for my ever-growing collection of legos.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Oh man that ship is awesome. As is Saga.

Lots of good opinions in this thread.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That ecto-1 is awesome. Need to get the delorean set too now

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Bittersweet news: My puppies original owners are taking him back. They want him back and with my husband's recent medical issues, and since he's going to continue to have issues going forward we've decided it's the best course of action for everyone.

We have our tree up finally, if we keep decorating at at this pace we'll have everything up by Christmas eve.
    CJXrJJy.jpg

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My Santa continues to bombard me with gifts!

vUj4oi2.png

And there's more to come?! This music is great, will definitely be going on the playlists for school! Many thanks Santa!

At this point I've gotten Transistor, Shadow Warrior, Legacy of Kain Collection, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection, and the above pictures! Santa, you are too generous!

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey, Santee!

<.<

>.>

o.o

Your gift has just been shipped! You should get it sometime this week!

Now, if only you knew who you were...

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So many of my wishlist games are on sale this weekend...

I'm trying to be strong Santa, but I'm only human...

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Bittersweet news: My puppies original owners are taking him back. They want him back and with my husband's recent medical issues, and since he's going to continue to have issues going forward we've decided it's the best course of action for everyone.

We have our tree up finally, if we keep decorating at at this pace we'll have everything up by Christmas eve.

I could only click pop for this post. Sorry to hear about the puppies and the husband :(

I hope he's ok.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Lego's are so awesome haha.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Santa, if you're reading this please let me know if these two Amazon packages are from you! I don't want to open them and find out they were from family and weren't to be opened until Christmas.

In other news, I applied for an apartment! I'm starting to actually get my life together after my move half way across the country.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Sorry Santa, I caved and bought one thing from my wishlist. Please forgive me.

• Options
    Santa has heard of my plight!

Santa_zps99893f05.png

Huzzah! Now I can...ow...Ow! My wallet! OW! IT HURTS!

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    My santee made Christmas shopping too easy. I still haven't bought anything for my family yet and keep checking this thread for ideas.

I wish I was as creative some of the people here.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »

Now, if only you knew who you were...

I'm pretty sure this answers that question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPIos2mXbUE

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

Turns out the presents in those boxes were wrapped, so I took them out! A friend of mine from back home wanted to watch me open them, so that's her on the iPad. Bib Fortuna is my curious cat.
    zCB9sJN.jpg

Gift 1! Chomp.
    RkWx4HJ.jpg
    yO1i8hR.jpg
    As a native Californian, I'm going to need this to fit in.

Gift 2! Uuuuuhhhhnnn Queso so goooood.
    lM19GhH.jpg
    J2Ma6uH.jpg

The whole lot!
    uv1edcN.jpg

Thank you so much Santa, whoever you might be! I'm studying up on my Speak Texas book as we speak! I'll fit right in to my new home!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Just got a message from Santa via Proxy that my present will be starting its journey toward me on Monday. I engorge with the jelly of anticipation!

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

While I was at my son's meet (gymnastics) a package appeared for me! This morning I convinced my reluctant cat to investiage:
    IMG_3851_zps8dad9255.jpg

Having gotten the third gift on Friday (Saga Vol 1, which has already been greatly enjoyed) I expected two, but not three packages! And here's my husband's cat, normally a lover of boxes of all kinds, showing me that she was done helping me.
    IMG_3852_zps144b21bf.jpg

Here are the notes:
    IMG_3853_zpsd3f74a8f.jpg
    IMG_3855_zps9ad15d91.jpg
    IMG_3856_zps4d4c762c.jpg

Bonus pictures!
    Here are some more interested cats:
    IMG_3854_zps276de434.jpg
    Here's my son, doing what he does:
    IMG_3826_zps7cbe1c3d.jpg

Here's the haul!
    IMG_3857_zpsd5a1ce2b.jpg

Amazon had a bit of fun with me, @RisenPhoenix because I think it switched the notes on the two disc boxes. The first thing I opened was Season 1 of Justice League, with the note about it being the greatest film, and then the notes suggested I should watch The Great Escape with my kids. Since I do think Justice League is awesome and I would show The Great Escape to my older kids, it actually took me a couple of minutes to realize that maaaybe you intended them the other way around. :) Also, a portable game is a good choice. If I ever have time to play a game it's on a portable system. I put 999 on my wishlist because of a forum discussion here about games one would like if they loved Hotel Dusk (which I did), so this is great. Thanks so much Santa RisenPhoenix!

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    El Fenix and Burger House.....

Now I miss Dallas

• Options
    Ok, I've decided that my original idea will not be feasible in the time remaining until Christmas with my wife's work schedule. Plan B might be a bit more homely, but hopefully lovely as well.
    Perhaps when I am able to make the trip to plan A, I'll surprise my Santee with it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I have received a tracking # for shipment 1?! Excite!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Amazon appears to have bribed the hell out of the USPS, because I got a delivery today!

Go here for the album contents (due to image size, I don't think I can post them here):

http://imgur.com/a/0AyKb

Many thanks to SniperGuy for the giftmas!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Do you own a cardboard cutout of Austin Powers?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular

I really hope the answer to this is no and we're just left wondering who else has lace cuffs.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    A couple G&TSS ago I got two copies of Scott Pilgrim vs The World, one from my santa (which I received first) and then one from my sister. Recently I purchased a Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital copy of it because it's that good (and now I have a BR version and digital to watch on my iPad because my wife is reluctant to actually watch it with me...).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    A couple G&TSS ago I got two copies of Scott Pilgrim vs The World, one from my santa (which I received first) and then one from my sister. Recently I purchased a Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital copy of it because it's that good (and now I have a BR version and digital to watch on my iPad because my wife is reluctant to actually watch it with me...).

That is terrible, your wife needs to watch it. That movie is fantastic!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Oooooh Proxy messaged me! I am to expect the second set today. I'M SO HYPED I WROTE A GOOD REVIEW FOR THE CRAPPY FOOD I ATE!

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular

I really hope the answer to this is no and we're just left wondering who else has lace cuffs.

Actually, yes, there is one in our kitchen.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty