As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Where are you watching them at? I found really old ones are hard to find. Some are straight up gone forever due to BBC purging policy of old.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Where are you watching them at? I found really old ones are hard to find. Some are straight up gone forever due to BBC purging policy of old.

Amazon prime has a decent amount of them for streaming.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Netflix had some of the original series available for awhile, but I think most of it was post-Tom Baker era. I was able to locate some of the earlier stuff in the dark corners of the internet but even that is a bit iffy. For the record, Jon Pertwee was the greatest doctor ever, as if that was in question.

Also, I lost my copy of Shada (un-released Tom baker? Yes Please!) so I'm jealous...

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Netflix had some of the original series available for awhile, but I think most of it was post-Tom Baker era. I was able to locate some of the earlier stuff in the dark corners of the internet but even that is a bit iffy. For the record, Jon Pertwee was the greatest doctor ever, as if that was in question.

Also, I lost my copy of Shada (un-released Tom baker? Yes Please!) so I'm jealous...

Blasphemy, Tom Baker or bust. Yeah, Netflix and amazon prime I think have the same ones listed. They are VERY sparse. I was having hard time finding ones for legit sale when I was looking.

edit:

This is why: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tom+baker+scarf&FORM=HDRSC2

But yeah, Jon Pertwee is good second. :P

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Netflix has an entry titled "Classic Doctor Who" with a bunch of episodes from 18 seasons.

Looks like they have one storyline from each season 1-18 consisting of 4-6 episodes. So it's far from complete but nice for guys like me who haven't seen much at all.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Giftget.gif

Woo. Spoilered for huge.
    I have received packages! Layla is alert (for the puppy jerky I have sitting beside me).
    5HrLSrk.jpg

Sorry to go out of order but she says to open this one first.
    8EAJ5in.jpg

Hellboy! My husband claimed this one. The note read: Gift #2 of 4 One of Santa's most favorite things and an annual Secret Santa tradition. Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa.
    XaOREkU.jpg

Next up, Lego! Note read: Gift #1 of 4 A holiday classic. The best toy for all ages. Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa
    udtjkSm.jpg

And next, Jaipur. The note read: Gift #3 of 4 A wonderful game for two. Play nice now! Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa
    My husband and I like to go to breweries and sit around. This will be nice for that.
    KgJzlnb.jpg

Man, Layla looks grumpy. I told her to look nicer or no treats and got this face
    sjxGkeo.jpg

Last but not least Love Letter. The note read: Gift #4 of 4 Another great game for two, or more! Silly, quick, light, fun. Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa
    Also good for my drinking kit
    LxVADky.jpg

Whole lot
    P7xHZpB.jpg

Layla asking for her jerky as compensation for sitting still.
    pmmgbpR.jpg

Thank you Santa! Lots of fun stuff! I have your real name, but I'm not sure of your forum name. Spill it or I'll have to send Layla out to investigate and she'll take all your food for payment.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I got a message from Proxy saying 2 parcels are on their way! Wahoo! Santa apologised for being late, but I still count 12 days till christmas, so I'm not complaining.

I am, however, complaining about Amazon. I ordered my santee's present on December 5, estimated delivery date was yesterday, but it's still 'preparing for shipment'.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Kendrik wrote: »

Blasphemy, Tom Baker or bust. Yeah, Netflix and amazon prime I think have the same ones listed. They are VERY sparse. I was having hard time finding ones for legit sale when I was looking.

edit:

This is why: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tom+baker+scarf&FORM=HDRSC2

But yeah, Jon Pertwee is good second. :P

Yes, Tom Bakers scarf is definitely number one. I actually have one that my wife got me (go go Thinkgeek!) and my son has one that his grandmother knitted him (thats nearly as long as the real thing!), so I understand the Baker-lovers. :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    I have a 6ft white scarf and a 7 ft black scarf my wife knitted me. I don't have a baker one. Maybe I should get one. . .

• Options
    Elin wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

Woo. Spoilered for huge.
    I have received packages! Layla is alert (for the puppy jerky I have sitting beside me).
    5HrLSrk.jpg

8EAJ5in.jpg

Hellboy! My husband claimed this one. The note read: Gift #2 of 4 One of Santa's most favorite things and an annual Secret Santa tradition. Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa.
    XaOREkU.jpg

Next up, Lego! Note read: Gift #1 of 4 A holiday classic. The best toy for all ages. Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa
    udtjkSm.jpg

And next, Jaipur. The note read: Gift #3 of 4 A wonderful game for two. Play nice now! Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa
    My husband and I like to go to breweries and sit around. This will be nice for that.
    KgJzlnb.jpg

Man, Layla looks grumpy. I told her to look nicer or no treats and got this face
    sjxGkeo.jpg

Last but not least Love Letter. The note read: Gift #4 of 4 Another great game for two, or more! Silly, quick, light, fun. Best wishes, G&T Secret Santa
    LxVADky.jpg

Whole lot
    P7xHZpB.jpg

pmmgbpR.jpg

Thank you Santa! Lots of fun stuff! I have your real name, but I'm not sure of your forum name. Spill it or I'll have to send Layla out to investigate and she'll take all your food for payment.

Hmm, someone was asking about 2 player games in the board game thread a few days ago, and Jaipur came up as well as Love Letter iirc. I wonder if that was your Santa doing research?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    PGmDsjJ.png

Santa strikes with more mystery!

Okay, so I figured out that image is clearly a QR code, because of the three squares in the corners. Problem is, aside from manually punching in a bunch of excel squares, not quite sure how to decode it. Also I have to grade like a zillion papers tonight and have no time! If anyone knows an easy way to do it, let me know, otherwise I'll go grab some graph paper/excel sheets and go to town tomorrow.

Excitement!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Oh man, just got back from a work trip and the wife told me we got a package.
    Giftget.gif

I assemble a crack team of box openers!
    Indy (cream color bunny), Elsa (darker brown bunny), and Mr. Alan (Guinea Pig) gooooo!
    DH3ucpZ.gif

Indy is all over it!
    J61MjPf.jpg

A gift for the child! Elsa continues to investigate in the background.
    jp8xC7q.jpg

Elsa and Indy team up to open the coffee cup!
    RzKXwSV.jpg

Indy has already made himself a temporary home.
    ZANuZ52.jpg

I don't actually think that box contains anything for me! The wife has already made off with the mug and kiddo has snatched the pony.
    Success! Thanks so much @anoffday‌ it was awesome opening that! Also Broken Age was great!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I have been partially gifted! But there's more coming so I'll post a gift get post when that happens. :D

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    what happens when Elsa tries to take your new grail past the great temple seal?

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    PGmDsjJ.png

Okay, so I figured out that image is clearly a QR code, because of the three squares in the corners. Problem is, aside from manually punching in a bunch of excel squares, not quite sure how to decode it. Also I have to grade like a zillion papers tonight and have no time! If anyone knows an easy way to do it, let me know, otherwise I'll go grab some graph paper/excel sheets and go to town tomorrow.

Excitement!

I imagine making that comma separated and then using conditional formatting would make things a bit easier, but when someone did something like this last year (or was it the year before?) I printed it out and used a sharpie... LOL

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    PGmDsjJ.png

Excitement!

I imagine making that comma separated and then using conditional formatting would make things a bit easier, but when someone did something like this last year (or was it the year before?) I printed it out and used a sharpie... LOL

@SniperGuy‌ if you copy/paste it into the thread I bet I can script something up to extract it into an image.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

Earlier this week I arrived home from the PlayStation Experience in Vegas to a number of packages. Let's see what's inside shall we.
    SS2014-1_zps137f7f2e.jpg
    Unfortunately no pet pics, my ex/roommate went out of town on a business trip lasting most the month of December and took our cats, leaving me home alone with nothing to tolerate me while I shower my affection onto it. So unnamed wolf pup plush will stand in for real animals.

SS2014-2_zps54011014.jpg
    What was in those envelopes? A note! Along with some miracle fruit tabs, I've always wanted to try these. I'm going to have to pull them out at a party and mess with everyone's minds. Also a copy of an RPG series that I've been playing since the GBA. I played the first and second, but never got around to picking up the third. Thanks a bunch, now I get to see how the story ends... maybe.

SS2014-3_zpse9f54386.jpg
    Holy crap an EcoSphere, these aren't cheap! Awesome, I've always wanted one of these for a little bit of natural decoration, and something interesting to look at.

SS2014-4_zps78957e19.jpg
    Not a great picture, but I kept it because you can see the little shrimp in there better than the next photo. Everything inside that completely sealed glass globe is perfectly structured to support a closed ecosystem that will last for years without any outside influence.
    Note: Look at the full sized image to get a better view of the shrimpies towards the bottom of the picture.

SS2014-5_zps58cf367a.jpg
    A slightly better-ish shot.

SS2014-6_zpsb132460a.jpg
    Here is unnamed wolf pup protecting the EchoSphere from the big blue whale Laboon in its new home on my headboard.

Thank you Santa @msmya! You gave me a little bit of everything, great range and choices!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I think my Santee fell off the face of the Earth. Hasn't posted in a month and my gift was delivered on Wednesday. To an apartment with no signature required.

My gift is keeping a hobo warm in a burn barrel, I know it.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    PGmDsjJ.png

Excitement!

@SniperGuy‌ if you copy/paste it into the thread I bet I can script something up to extract it into an image.

Oh, also, If you have excel you can do it yourself. You don't even need scripting

open in notepad.
    Replace "0" with "0,"
    Replace "1" with "1,"

save or rename it as a .csv file.

Open in excel, each nubmer should now be in its own cell.
    Make the cells squares.
    Highlight them all, and use conditional formatting to make the cells & text black or white depending on the value.

Profit.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Giftget.gif

Woo. Spoilered for huge.
    5HrLSrk.jpg

8EAJ5in.jpg

XaOREkU.jpg

udtjkSm.jpg

KgJzlnb.jpg

sjxGkeo.jpg

LxVADky.jpg

Whole lot
    P7xHZpB.jpg

pmmgbpR.jpg

Hmm, someone was asking about 2 player games in the board game thread a few days ago, and Jaipur came up as well as Love Letter iirc. I wonder if that was your Santa doing research?

I'll check but I've had a tracking # for most of this week. Hmmm. I could just go through last year's thread and see who gave the Hellboy book since it was their traditional gift.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    PGmDsjJ.png

Excitement!

Oh, also, If you have excel you can do it yourself. You don't even need scripting

open in notepad.
    Replace "0" with "0,"
    Replace "1" with "1,"

save or rename it as a .csv file.

Open in excel, each nubmer should now be in its own cell.
    Make the cells squares.
    Highlight them all, and use conditional formatting to make the cells & text black or white depending on the value.

Profit.

You are awesome. Knew there was a way to do this, just couldn't figure out what way to do it. Resized each cell to fit to the data and it came out a fairly close square that my phone could pick up on.

Also I am totally stealing this and using it in class next week. Two gifts, a gift and a lesson plan! (I'm a middle school computer teacher now. It is awesome. And terrible. At the same time.) It worked! It's also a UPS TRACKING NUMBER! So in addition to all those amazing steam games, there's a box on the way! Should arrive Monday. Puzzles! Yay!

Also I finally got approval to hook a raspberry pi to my network and start doing awesome stuff. Woo! Good day. Now back to grading papers!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    8dw2Z4s.png

This isn't an official gift get, hence the awesomely homemade announcement picture.

@Kendrik PM'd me a code for a Kindle version of John Scalzi's Old Man's War because, quote: "I'm not your santa, but no e-reader is complete without a copy of Old Man's War."

Thank you again, Kendrik, and Imperfect, you're the best Santas.

They said I was mad for suspecting everyone of being Santa, you know. Who is mad now?
    It's not me. I'm super, thanks for asking.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

Woo. Spoilered for huge.
    5HrLSrk.jpg

8EAJ5in.jpg

XaOREkU.jpg

udtjkSm.jpg

KgJzlnb.jpg

sjxGkeo.jpg

LxVADky.jpg

Whole lot
    P7xHZpB.jpg

pmmgbpR.jpg

@Jam Warrior‌ gave Hellboy and Lego last year AND was asking about 2 player games in the board game thread. I think I reverse stalked my Santa.

Thank you for the hint @ArcSyn‌

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Woo. Spoilered for huge.
    5HrLSrk.jpg

8EAJ5in.jpg

XaOREkU.jpg

udtjkSm.jpg

KgJzlnb.jpg

sjxGkeo.jpg

LxVADky.jpg

Whole lot
    P7xHZpB.jpg

pmmgbpR.jpg

"Jam Warrior"‌ gave Hellboy and Lego last year AND was asking about 2 player games in the board game thread. I think I reverse stalked my Santa.

Thank you for the hint ArcSyn‌

Indeed it was I!

I hope I brought a bit of a smile to what sounds like a fairly rough Christmas so far.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Giftget.gif

Woo. Spoilered for huge.
    5HrLSrk.jpg

8EAJ5in.jpg

XaOREkU.jpg

udtjkSm.jpg

KgJzlnb.jpg

sjxGkeo.jpg

LxVADky.jpg

Whole lot
    P7xHZpB.jpg

pmmgbpR.jpg

"Jam Warrior"‌ gave Hellboy and Lego last year AND was asking about 2 player games in the board game thread. I think I reverse stalked my Santa.

Thank you for the hint ArcSyn‌

Indeed it was I!

I hope I brought a bit of a smile to what sounds like a fairly rough Christmas so far.

My husband is feeling much better. His kidneys are back to normal function and he's already reading the rules for Jaipur.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    I'm so disappointed and angry at Best Buy for messing up @DyasAlure gift! I'm hopeful we can get this straightened out. Regardless of the fact that he has been able to work around the software, it's the principle at this point!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    Waiting to see your Santee's gift get post is the best/worst.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just got a text that my package has been handed over for local delivery. Quick check your doorsteps!

• Options
    Having never had a Santee who was a super lurker before, I am finding this to be a lot tougher than I thought it would be this time around. :(

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    Having never had a Santee who was a super lurker before, I am finding this to be a lot tougher than I thought it would be this time around. :(

This is my second time. I sympathize.

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Amazon package just showed up! It was a tv mount my wife ordered. The wait continues!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

Capture.png

Thanks @Arikado‌ ! Will look forward to getting stuck into it. Its weird, never really though of myself as a super lurker before, but its true, can go weeks without posting if nothing grabs my attention, didnt really think how that could cause issues for the Santa. Good job all the same!

Prime on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @Prime Oh, it revealed my account name, haha. Oh well, glad you like it. That's not all of it though.

EDIT: It's ironic considering how little I post nowadays. Takes one to know one I guess, hah.

Arikado on
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Arikado wrote: »
    @Prime Oh, it revealed my account name, haha. Oh well, glad you like it. That's not all of it though.

EDIT: It's ironic considering how little I post nowadays. Takes one to know one I guess, hah.

Yeah steam name just happened to match Forum name :P I'm very easy to please if it helps lessen your worries :)

Been watching the tracking info on my santes gift, its actually exciting watching it move from place to place, while at the same time....come on get there already!

Prime on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Santa strikes again! @aerynkelly has sent another package, and while my phone's charging, I'll leave with this:
    It's pretty awesome. Pics incoming!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif
    Opened up my front door today to find a gift from santa!
    U7WhwZm.jpg

After I tore off the wrapping
    V8ZNwtg.jpg

Edit: And all caught up on the days!
    fChfDtD.jpg
    It was way easier once I realized that the inside of the flaps had little instructions. The little turrets are super cool, one can even fire.

The label had a name so I might have done some reverse stalking, hopefully I got it correct, thanks @deveric‌!

Kanden on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I just wanted to let my Santa know my gifts arrived today. I'll try to post pictures tonight (my grandfather just passed, so got some family have to do).

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Guys, I'm in my new apartment! Like, moved in! No internet yet, so I'm glad LTE coverage is good here so I can use my phone as a hotspot.

Quick blurry picture:
    iyNBHwH.jpg?1
    I don't have any furniture yet, but I made certain to have at least one strand of Christmas lights.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Got my presents! Took a bunch of pictures and will make a proper gift get post as soon as I can. Just letting Santa know!

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Guys, I'm in my new apartment! Like, moved in! No internet yet, so I'm glad LTE coverage is good here so I can use my phone as a hotspot.

Quick blurry picture:
    iyNBHwH.jpg?1
    I don't have any furniture yet, but I made certain to have at least one strand of Christmas lights.

Hahaha, that reminds me of when I moved cities, and the first week or so I had a TV and computer but no desk, chair, couch, or anything. I'd eat on the floor in front of my keyboard, also on the floor, watching the TV which was, you guessed it, on the floor.