As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Santa, I'm sorry but I may have bought the Pajama Sam complete pack on steam because A. Pajama Sam is the shit, and B. I kinda doubt that was on your list. If it was I apologize.

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Giftget.gif
    Opened up my front door today to find a gift from santa!
    U7WhwZm.jpg

After I tore off the wrapping
    V8ZNwtg.jpg

Edit: And all caught up on the days!
    fChfDtD.jpg
    It was way easier once I realized that the inside of the flaps had little instructions. The little turrets are super cool, one can even fire.

The label had a name so I might have done some reverse stalking, hopefully I got it correct, thanks @deveric‌!

Yep, that's me! No idea why USPS took their time on this, 2 day priority apparently means "get it there when we want it to". PS more incoming in the next few days. I need to get my shopping done and taken care of here shortly, just trying to decide on the last few things...

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    And yeah, I realized the label thing after I mailed it out. Oh well, should have been more clever on that end, but now's not the time for shenanigans.

Or is it...

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Dear Santa! Thank you so much for the gift. I love it all. My little guy especially will love the shark attack hot wheels set. Pictures to be posted in a day or so! A triceratops may or may not have assisted in the unwrapping.

Oh crap! Took longer than a day or so.

Dear Santa, my apologies in taking so long to get pictures put up. Another Santa gave me a gift early: the gift of a new job! Unfortunately, while wonderful, that gift requires me to pack up a house and find another one. So again, I apologize Dear Santa for my delay.

Commence with the photos!

A box has arrived? What can be inside giant cat? I don't know Tricey, let's find out!

IMAG0419.jpg

More boxes!

IMAG0421.jpg

I shall arrange them as so.

IMAG0422.jpg

Ooooh, this race track eats cars too!

IMAG0426.jpg

Would you like a snack?

IMAG0427.jpg

Thank you Santa!

IMAG0430.jpg

It's already one of my favorite toys! I've already taken it apart twice and had Daddy put it back together and I know how to work the shark! ("Shark ON! Shark Off!" Shark Bite!")

IMAG0432.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif
    rhvvkwz2sprc.jpg
    0p49empzdqn6.jpg
    wtd5m6qu33jm.jpg
    tdt8pgsg42qd.jpg

Thanks! I love Tales games so much and I've never got to play more than a few minutes of Abyss. Now to get some ebooks!
    Thanks so much Santa!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Oh man, just got back from a work trip and the wife told me we got a package.
    Giftget.gif

I assemble a crack team of box openers!
    Indy (cream color bunny), Elsa (darker brown bunny), and Mr. Alan (Guinea Pig) gooooo!
    DH3ucpZ.gif

Indy is all over it!
    J61MjPf.jpg

A gift for the child! Elsa continues to investigate in the background.
    jp8xC7q.jpg

Elsa and Indy team up to open the coffee cup!
    RzKXwSV.jpg

Indy has already made himself a temporary home.
    ZANuZ52.jpg

I don't actually think that box contains anything for me! The wife has already made off with the mug and kiddo has snatched the pony.
    Success! Thanks so much @anoffday‌ it was awesome opening that! Also Broken Age was great!

Glad it got there ok! Merry Christmas! There may be more gifts soon mainly because I'm a spontaneous gifter and bad at planning.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Hey! I was gifted on Friday! Sorry Santa I was out of town all weekend in NYC. That's a crazy place, so I'm glad to be home. Anyway here's what I got!

BcApF1W.gif

kfeKo2P.jpg

pOWrTsO.jpg

Thanks @Zython! I'm excited to try these out!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I have a love hate relationship with NYC. If I'm there that means I'm probably also going to the Nintendo and LEGO stores. It also means I'm probably driving in the terrible traffic and smelling sewage and walking under scaffolding while I'm there as well.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Driving? In NYC?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Someone sent me some jump rings, dunno who but if it was you santa, thanks!

• Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I have a love hate relationship with NYC. If I'm there that means I'm probably also going to the Nintendo and LEGO stores. It also means I'm probably driving in the terrible traffic and smelling sewage and walking under scaffolding while I'm there as well.

I did all of those things! Except the driving. I got one of those Christmas sweaters from Nintendo World, even though it's not an actual knit sweater, but it's still pretty cool. I'm excited to wear it to next week's Christmas parties and festivities.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Driving? In NYC?

This is the part of the story I can't believe either.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Since I have no idea what this is, you should take pictures and show everyone and let us know what a jump ring is!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Put up lights on the house for the first time ever. String was too long, even after looping back. So, I made a wreath out of branches knocked down during the wind storm a few days ago and wrapped the extra lights around that. I have never made a wreath before, and I did it without looking up how.

Avatar changed to reflect my holiday status.

• Options
    Driving? In NYC?

This is the part of the story I can't believe either.

Believe it. Drove our minivan through half the city before finding a place that could park our friends 15 passenger van. Once parked we walked the rest, but it took much longer to find a parking lot that would take their oversized van. (no parking garages we drove past were large enough)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

Since I have no idea what this is, you should take pictures and show everyone and let us know what a jump ring is!

If it's the jump rings I'm thinking it could be, they are used for jewelry making and chain mail type things.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Put up lights on the house for the first time ever. String was too long, even after looping back. So, I made a wreath out of branches knocked down during the wind storm a few days ago and wrapped the extra lights around that. I have never made a wreath before, and I did it without looking up how.

You made a wreath out of random branches you found laying around your house? That is awesome.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    On the tenth day of not Christmas my true love gave, two more bundles absolutely free. :whistle:

I'm giving away one bundle containing Risen 2: Dark Waters, Sacred 2: Gold Edition, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third, and another bundle containing Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel. Since SteamGifts does not have listings for these two bundles I'm going to give each away to the first person to respond and tell me why they want these bundles, which games they are excited about in the bundle they choose, and which game they are going to play first.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I got santa'ed last night
    Thanks @initiatefailure

20141213_200958_zpsozxxevyb.jpg
    I had no idea what was in this F'ing heavy box when I got home. :biggrin:
    20141213_201200_zps8goreew2.jpg

20141213_201319_zps2au7j7nz.jpg

20141213_201326_zpslqbbzelz.jpg

20141213_201453_zpsruzyl1fi.jpg

20141213_201500_zps0785wpnj.jpg

20141213_201531_zpsha4t3fob.jpg

20141213_201512_zpsuottwg1n.jpg

20141213_201904_zpsmivyuedz.jpg
    I havent had one of these in years!! I'm going to pop one open and build the EZ8 in five minutes flat lol

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I put together my Lego snowman and remembered that I like Lego a lot. I want everything in the architecture section, especially Falling Water. Poop.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    SURGE.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

If it's the jump rings I'm thinking it could be, they are used for jewelry making and chain mail type things.

Correct, like these.

ab_cat.jpg

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    HURRAY, THE GIFT OF GUNPLA!
    Awesome call, Santa initiatefailure. Awesome call. :D

I'm very much looking forward to being able to make progress on my MG Gundam X now that I've finished painting my secret Santa gift. A nice change of pace indeed.
    Post a few pictures of the EZ8 when you're done putting it together, eh, @grim123?

• Options
    For some reason I just pictured sonic losing all his rings when I heard jump rings.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Right, so promised images!
    A wild package appears!
    yz6jv0cbn3ss.jpg

What could it be?! ANTICIPATION!
    n4pkka39b9nx.jpg

Boots! (okay they're slippers but who cares) Possibly lifted from a robot!
    cduj5kiq1fef.jpg

They're super comfy, although the sound effects scare the dog a little. Had to take out the batteries. :P

Thanks again to @aerynkelly for being an awesome Santa! Prepping to start slaying dragons on my next day off!

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Package is finally posted! Curse you amazon for taking so long. Took about 20 days to go through, but it should arrive this week.

• Options
    I made a shirt of aluminum jump rings in college. It's too small for me now but it was awesome and fun to do between classes.

Santa, if any packages are expected to arrive tomorrow I'll not get them until late. I'll be sitting in the local theater for 9 hours tomorrow watching the entire Hobbit trilogy in 3D.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    I made a shirt of aluminum jump rings in college. It's too small for me now but it was awesome and fun to do between classes.

Santa, if any packages are expected to arrive tomorrow I'll not get them until late. I'll be sitting in the local theater for 9 hours tomorrow watching the entire Hobbit trilogy in 3D.

That sounds like torture. You can actually read The Hobbit in less time than it takes to watch the movies.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Dyvion wrote: »

That sounds like torture. You can actually read The Hobbit in less time than it takes to watch the movies.

I don't read that quickly, but yeah, I like the movies but I don't care for the additions they've put in. They could have easily made one movie around 3 hours to cover 90% of the book. Two was understandable as Tolkien can be wordy. Three was pretty silly.
    Considering what they were able to cover in three movies for the Lord of the Rings, these are kinda sparse. Could you imagine if they had made LOTR into nine movies?!

Still looking forward to it for the fun and action.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I wonder if someone will release a Hobbit edit that edits the 3 movies into one interesting feature length film.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    anoffday wrote: »

You made a wreath out of random branches you found laying around your house? That is awesome.

I made a wreath out of branches from yard, holy from yard, and Christmas tree branches.

I should take a picture of it.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »

I made a wreath out of branches from yard, holy from yard, and Christmas tree branches.

I should take a picture of it.

My girlfriend did the same, bits of holly and pine needles and cones and it's turned out really well, even if it does prick my arm every time I walk into the kitchen.

We've had a pretty homemade Christmas this year as it's our first one together. 3D star bunting made from fancy wrapping paper and neat stuffed baubles. We also made sparkly ones by wrapping glue soaked twine wround balloons, sprinkling with glitter, letting them dry and popping the balloons.

It's made the house look really warm and cosy, plus it's unique to us :)

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    HURRAY, THE GIFT OF GUNPLA!
    Awesome call, Santa initiatefailure. Awesome call. :D

I'm very much looking forward to being able to make progress on my MG Gundam X now that I've finished painting my secret Santa gift. A nice change of pace indeed.
    Post a few pictures of the EZ8 when you're done putting it together, eh, @grim123?

I was trying to figure out all of the new series and gundam's since the last time I'd seen any of the shows actually air and it seems like it's gotten complicated. 08th MS team was my favorite though so I hope the EZ8 is a cool addition to that for @grim123‌. The rest of the gift is probably a little ridiculous I admit.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Second gift was delivered! Pictures once I get home and solve my puzzles.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Right, so promised images!
    A wild package appears!
    yz6jv0cbn3ss.jpg

What could it be?! ANTICIPATION!
    n4pkka39b9nx.jpg

Boots! (okay they're slippers but who cares) Possibly lifted from a robot!
    cduj5kiq1fef.jpg

They're super comfy, although the sound effects scare the dog a little. Had to take out the batteries. :P

Thanks again to @aerynkelly for being an awesome Santa! Prepping to start slaying dragons on my next day off!
    My wife has a pair and whenever she wears them with the sound on it, it freaks the fuck out of our dog.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif
    I've already gotten part 1 of my gift and that was a very cool 1 gallon brewing kit. Going to use that during Christmas. Here is the second part!
    A box appears!
    box_zps39480caa.jpg
    Wonder what's inside it besides lots and lots of packing peanuts? Presents!
    presents_zpsab746508.jpg
    Wonder what they are? Besides the ominous "Drink Me!" message
    unwrapped_presents_zpsfd3126eb.jpg
    Okay, took a small taste and yum, that is good. It's some sort of burning cinnamon thing but I think it's homemade. This flask is cool too with PA decals and stuff. Even Chthulu wants a taste!
    chthulu_drinking_zps8c5fae34.jpg
    Very cool stuff. The cupcake book is crazy neat and I can't wait to make them for my 1.5 year old. He'll go crazy for some of these I think.

However, that's not the end of things. I still have 2 pdfs I can't open and to figure out who is my santa. The first of the three pdfs was 69 pages of recipes for some reason. I'll post when I figure out the other two but I may need another hint Santa!

shadowane on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    My Santee's gift is now on the same continent as my Santee. Here's hoping the spirit of Christmas hurries it through customs.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    That flask is pretty cool!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I have a little Cthulhu like that! He used to guard my desk at work, but his current job is terrorizing my kids Marvel super hero figures. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Gift Get! I shall make it official once i get back home, i stopped off to pick up my gym bag and a package i found!!!!

steam_sig.png