As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I have been messaged a tracking number!

I have also sent out my gifts!

Holidays!

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten any kind of tracking number. More than likely because it's hard to ship that pony I'm getting.

Right?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Santa gave me the gift of locking my healthcare.gov account, and the government hotline to unlock it just being a message that "we're too busy, leave your number and we'll call you in 5-7 business days or you can check your account online." Go to hell united states government.

Also I had a false alarm with the UPS guy honking at me till he realized my address was 1 off of where he was delivering. I think they do that for kicks

initiatefailure on
  • WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

The Huskies are prepared. Kind of. Might have been bribing them with treats...maybe.
    fekk7qoosty1.jpg

4 Packages! 4 Labels!
    yv7io8l3jddg.jpg

The Haul!
    [img][/img]20141215_182209.jpg

Perfect! That rocks glass is going to be excellent as i literally just finished installing a bar in my basement! The bass ornament got a huge laugh out of my wife and it will have a happy home on my desk at work! I have to know, did you make the Dog Treats yourself? They smell fantastic and i thought about eating one myself...or i might have, whatever. And the candy, oh Canada the candy will be gone within hours haha.

Thank you Santa...now reveal yourself!

steam_sig.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh, huskies. Nice.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Santee! Your gifts are wrapped!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    o1edNW6.gif

I've been gifted again! This time I've received the glorious gift of 8 bit gaming!

Sb8q9rS.jpg?1

The Battle of Olympus and Faxanadu! I haven't played either one of these, but I've heard they're awesome games! I'm really excited to add these to my collection and try them out over Christmas break. I love old school Nintendo. Thank you so much @Zython!

Steam: offday
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

So after the first round of gifts(a couple of ebooks and Valiant Hearts on Steam) I was alerted by my wife there was a package waiting for me at home.

f10Z17Cl.jpg

Open it up to see the letter...

cpwn6Qel.jpg

Artisan Dice?!?! No...

5bGyuB5l.jpg

...Fucking WAY HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THESE THINGS

FR5Oiv0l.jpg

So pretty. Step forward Santa so you can be properly thanked!

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    anoffday wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Put up lights on the house for the first time ever. String was too long, even after looping back. So, I made a wreath out of branches knocked down during the wind storm a few days ago and wrapped the extra lights around that. I have never made a wreath before, and I did it without looking up how.

Avatar changed to reflect my holiday status.

You made a wreath out of random branches you found laying around your house? That is awesome.

It seems less... uh, "round" today.

im5uhsufgi2l.jpg

*edit* Smaller filesize

Houn on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @DoctorArch‌ Glad you guys enjoy the presents!

Giftget.gif

I asked my fiancee to remind me to prepare this post as soon as I got home.

lNQoyts.jpg

eDtdL5a.jpg
    I recruited the help of my trusty Huevo and Cotton (not pictured) to inspect the package. They mostly smell-checked the presents.

I open the box and see an envelope. I quickly close the box so I can read the letter unspoiled.
    bHCA8AD.jpg

0QBsPWs.jpg

FXfPNcm.jpg

bzVBwOg.jpg

Now on to the very tasty presents!
    4JSVUER.jpg

qc1d0y4.jpg

sL3ZJw7.jpg

IQBwPtY.jpg

j0W91pZ.jpg

ZeUGUBM.jpg

M5HMPy3.jpg

U4DsLZ2.jpg

9d3qTZj.jpg

KSdg1Wn.jpg

uHisWwZ.jpg

I5QAEqw.jpg

4A4lEus.jpg

iFUaIdp.jpg

45TQH4B.jpg

HtfHfzJ.jpg

Z4ofcUH.jpg

Thank you so much, Santa @AbsoluteZero! We've begun snacking, and I was really happy to see so many cat-friendly snacks. They look so sad whenever we eat something and can't share a nibble with them.

Turkey on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    BcApF1W.gif

@ArcSyn‌ is my sneaky Santa!

A package arrived!
    http://i.imgur.com/A9bFeDr.jpg
    Ooh, special air.
    http://i.imgur.com/bh6N2Sf.jpg
    Ah ha! ArcSyn! That devious person.
    http://i.imgur.com/gD1Nm9s.jpg
    Games and companions! I love games and companions.
    http://i.imgur.com/rX3LeYh.jpg

Final Tally (With bonus insane cat)
    mRRvoEJ.jpg

AND he gifted me via Steam: Chaos Domain, Transistor, Shadow Warrior, Legacy of Kain Collection, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, and Super Killer Hornet: Ressurection

Thank you so much @ArcSyn ! It's been a rough first year teaching for me and everytime something has popped up it has brightened my day immeasurably. The book is amazing, as I love Doctor Who and Peter Capaldi might be my favorite Doctor. He's on the front cover! Also the cover is all swirly and awesome, hard to show in pictures. Haven't played the game but it looks cool and I love card/board games too. Even the puzzles were a blast, when I could figure them out! My girlfriend pointed out the last one had "circles in the corner" and I nearly gave her a heart attack when I realized that meant it was a QR code and got crazy excited.

This is nuts! Thank you so much!

SniperGuy on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait ... were those matcha Pocky sticks? Because if so, how have I been missing that all my life ...

• xenardxenard Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Let's add a bit of doggie cuteness. Chip with Santa
    ChipwithSanta.jpg
    Is this for me mommy?
    DSCN0037.jpg

Sniff Sniff
    DSCN0039.jpg

He bailed after I stopped giving treats
    6ded8324-b09b-43f7-87fd-5b45244c1aca.jpg

A sweet treat. I've had a square and all I can say is coffee plus marshmallow equals evil goodness!
    DSCN0048.jpg

Hey Santa did you have my house bugged? I was telling my friends a few weeks ago I wanted this movie! But they laughed and said no.
    DSCN0052.jpg

A mysterious box with a familiar color pattern
    DSCN0049.jpg

HOLY HELL! Gen 6 Pokemon badges! Be cool, be cool 8-) .
    DSCN0051.jpg

Thanks @Houn for being such an amazing Santa!! Guess I know what I'm watching tonight

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Dried anchovies? Nice!

Steam: offday
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    As an addendum:
    - I found the pins online.
    - I bought the box.
    - I painted and finished it.
    - And cut the leather they're pinned to.

Remember to polish them regularly!

*edit*
    Also, it's such a relief that it made it! I can stop compulsively refreshing the tracking page!

Houn on
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    As an addendum:
    - I found the pins online.
    - I bought the box.
    - I painted and finished it.
    - And cut the leather they're pinned to.

Remember to polish them regularly!

*edit*
    Also, it's such a relief that it made it! I can stop compulsively refreshing the tracking page!

Are you kidding me!? You did an amazing job! It's displayed front and center on my geek shelf.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @anoffday has blown up my steam library with even more gifts!
    I didn't catch a screenshot, because I was distracted by the wife making cake batter cookies, but here is the list:
    Chess 2: The Sequel
    Guns n Zombies
    Left in the Dark: No One on Board
    Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
    Reversion - The Meeting (2nd Chapter)
    Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma

I have been spoiled I tell you! Spoiled!

and goddamn @houn that is pretty goddamn fantastic.

PSN: jfrofl
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They made a 2nd Reversion?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    @Turkey glad you are enjoying the snackage! We share the dried fish with our cat too. She gets the heads, because I feel weird about eating that part. My wife drew the turkey, by the way. Happy Christmas!!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    BcApF1W.gif

@ArcSyn‌ is my sneaky Santa!

A package arrived!
    http://i.imgur.com/A9bFeDr.jpg
    Ooh, special air.
    http://i.imgur.com/bh6N2Sf.jpg
    Ah ha! ArcSyn! That devious person.
    http://i.imgur.com/gD1Nm9s.jpg
    Games and companions! I love games and companions.
    http://i.imgur.com/rX3LeYh.jpg

Final Tally (With bonus insane cat)
    mRRvoEJ.jpg

AND he gifted me via Steam: Chaos Domain, Transistor, Shadow Warrior, Legacy of Kain Collection, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, and Super Killer Hornet: Ressurection

Thank you so much @ArcSyn ! It's been a rough first year teaching for me and everytime something has popped up it has brightened my day immeasurably. The book is amazing, as I love Doctor Who and Peter Capaldi might be my favorite Doctor. He's on the front cover! Also the cover is all swirly and awesome, hard to show in pictures. Haven't played the game but it looks cool and I love card/board games too. Even the puzzles were a blast, when I could figure them out! My girlfriend pointed out the last one had "circles in the corner" and I nearly gave her a heart attack when I realized that meant it was a QR code and got crazy excited.

This is nuts! Thank you so much!

Yay!

I was excited when I saw that book was updated for this year. It technically was supposed to release today, so it was amazing they could ship it early. The game is Love Letter, but just with better (imo) art based on characters from the Legend of the Five Rings CCG. It also comes in a box, unlike the original, so it's easier to store, but also includes a bag, for easy carrying. It's a quick filler game for times when you need something to do with 2-4 people. Glad I could be a bright moment in some rough days! I struggled for a bit on what to get you (hence the bunch of seemingly random Steam games of different genres), so the Doctor Who is something I knew you enjoyed (though it was tough skimming that thread since I'm not caught up!) and the game is something I enjoy and hoped you would as well.

It was fun watching the puzzles, I was hoping they weren't too annoying or difficult. It's so hard to not give help when I saw you getting some crowd sourcing on answers. I couldn't help myself a couple times. That one with the code in your avatar was actually what I ended up with when I gave up embedding it into the subpixels. I was trying to follow the steps but it wasn't working, so that's what I came up with. You may have missed one, though I wouldn't blame you if you did. When I sent you the crazy santa picture, you even posted about the filename. So when I sent you the cat picture I put the expected delivery date in binary as the name. :P

Anyway, Merry Christmas! I can't say I'm done, but I can't say I know for certain more is coming.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    WillyDub wrote: »
    Giftget.gif
    The Huskies are prepared. Kind of. Might have been bribing them with treats...maybe.
    fekk7qoosty1.jpg

4 Packages! 4 Labels!
    yv7io8l3jddg.jpg

The Haul!
    [img][/img]20141215_182209.jpg

Perfect! That rocks glass is going to be excellent as i literally just finished installing a bar in my basement! The bass ornament got a huge laugh out of my wife and it will have a happy home on my desk at work! I have to know, did you make the Dog Treats yourself? They smell fantastic and i thought about eating one myself...or i might have, whatever. And the candy, oh Canada the candy will be gone within hours haha.

Thank you Santa...now reveal yourself!

@WillyDub‌

It made it, Merry Christmas!

Yes the wife and I made the dog cookies. They're basically peanut butter (and some other stuff), so safe for human consumption. My wife actually took a bite of one when we made them and said they were okay.. just bland. Our Pug seems to enjoy them though! If your dogs haven't devoured them all already, I'd keep em in the fridge just in case. Milk was one of the ingredients. Here is the recipe if you're interested.

Let me know how the rock glass works out. I've tried whiskey rocks and found them to do next to nothing, so this seemed like a really cool alternative that you can fidget with as you drink. I've seen ice ball molds before but never with a special glass that fits them into a little channel.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So I just today got my first Cards Against Humanity gift thing. It's the comic book thing, which I want to say is Day 4? I haven't gotten anything else, so there's a chance I'm stuck in a time loop or something where mail doesn't get to me at normal times.

So plan accordingly, I guess.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    @DoctorArch‌ Glad you guys enjoy the presents!

Giftget.gif

I asked my fiancee to remind me to prepare this post as soon as I got home.

lNQoyts.jpg

eDtdL5a.jpg

Thank you so much, Santa @AbsoluteZero! We've begun snacking, and I was really happy to see so many cat-friendly snacks. They look so sad whenever we eat something and can't share a nibble with them.

mmm mochi. Looooove mochi

fss_overall.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    A mysterious box bearing gifts has appeared on my doorstep. Perhaps a bit too mysterious...I'm not sure which Secret Santa to thank for this bounty given a lack of clues in the box.

If whoever sent me a box of the slumbering Mythos could give me a quick poke pointing me to the right Secret Santa exchange, I'll be more than happy to lay praise and thanks for this gift.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    I received a package from the mailman! Or that's what my gf told me. She told me it has my name on it and since I didn't order anything online... Can't wait to open it in the evening!

t santee your gift is underway! Sorry it took a while. I was waiting for another item to arrive. Hope it can make it before christmas. I need a miracle...

V0Gug2h.png
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Okay so I have this number and I'm not sure what to do with it. It's the password for one of the 2 unopened pdfs. The number is: 000000022278079. There's a possibility that it ends with a 6 so the number might be: 0000000222780796 instead. I say possibility because the 6 is written in sharpie at the end. Who knows. Any ideas? It's under a barcode so I'll try reading it with my phone too.

edit: Okay I'm betting that it's a code 128 barcode and I'm supposed to transform it into a word. I'm working on that now.

shadowane on
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Watching the gift wall fill up makes me so happy! :biggrin:

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Ha ha. Thanks for the message, Santa. I've never doubted you, and you're actually the only one of my Santas to have sent anything so far, so indeed you had my trust. I will very merrily thrust gift get posts into the thread when your parcel arrives. ^_^

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Santa! Sorry I've not posted much recently, work has been busy but I'm finding more time for the forum again!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited December 2014
    Okay, I'm like 99% sure my santa is @DyasAlure‌ based on this post. It's possible someone just made that drink for me but based on this other post about brewing it seems unlikely. Am I right?

edit: I still can't open two of the pdfs though. I've tried my username, your username, and the numbers and no luck.

shadowane on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Hypatia wrote: »
    Watching the gift wall fill up makes me so happy! :biggrin:

Thank you for managing and maintaining it!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Okay, I'm like 99% sure my santa is @DyasAlure‌ based on this post. It's possible someone just made that drink for me but based on this other post about brewing it seems unlikely. Am I right?

edit: I still can't open two of the pdfs though. I've tried my username, your username, and the numbers and no luck.

You are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The password for one should just be those numbers. The password for the other one should be the first password with a 2 on the end.

I didn't mean to drag this out, I wanted to entertain you while you waited for your packages. I have uploaded a password free version of the recipes. The other two aren't a big thing, but I thought you might enjoy. Tell me if you want a password free version.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    edited December 2014
    @shadowane ^^

I just uploaded password free versions. It just makes it easier.

And for the thread:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4A1E9E771E9DF2C8!123&authkey=!AK-0c1xSpp1Cpxc&ithint=folder,

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    @shadowane ^^

And for the thread:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4A1E9E771E9DF2C8!123&authkey=!AK-0c1xSpp1Cpxc&ithint=folder,
    Awesome, these were really great. I don't know why I didn't try the number but replacing the 9 with the 6 written over it. Seems obvious now! Thanks for the whole event, it was quite fun. And for the gifts obviously!

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Anyone have experience purchasing iTunes gift cards for Canadian santees while living in the US? Apple support is infuriatingly useless.

Edit: Apparently it's just not a thing you can do. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

minirhyder on
    @shadowane ^^

And for the thread:
    Awesome, these were really great. I don't know why I didn't try the number but replacing the 9 with the 6 written over it. Seems obvious now! Thanks for the whole event, it was quite fun. And for the gifts obviously!

I think the best part is when you called @icemopper out as your Santa. :)

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Santee, keep a look out for a package tomorrow, the tracking says that it should get there before 8. One of the packages has a note about not being sure how they would come, there should be 2 things.

Kanden on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    @ shadowane ^^

And for the thread:

I think the best part is when you called @ icemopper out as your Santa. :)

I also had fun with the images and photoshopping you'd done. I don't mind being called in for fun, even by mistake!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I GOT A NUMBER!

And decoding that number estimates delivery on December 23! And extra bonus, my wife is home that day so it won't even have to wait outside in the cold.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Turns out the giant box of chocolate goods was shipped via Economy shipping by my wife.

That could take up to six weeks.

Merry February Santee!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch