As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians, to level 32 and the Dark Below! Eris lives!

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Got a Dust Angel cloak from a vanguard care package earlier. Which is kind of neat since it can't be purchased anymore.

Isn't it Ghost Angel and Dustwalker?

Did you even get the cloak? Do you really even play Destiny at all?

I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU, DAD.

(and it was ghost angel)

A cool cloak, but it looks pretty heavy and also impractical.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    All right, we are in need of two people for vog hard mode. Join us for many vex punchings!

Edit: and we're full up! Here we go, Team "I Guess I Am Good Enough To Raid With You" is on for VoG!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Team All Star didn't quite have it in us to drop Crota twice after a full day of Nightfalls and such.

But we do have a third run tentatively scheduled for Sunday. And I did pull No Land Beyond from his first kill tonight.

And the raid chest is finished on my titan. Now I need to contemplate the gloves.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    So, I just realized that I probably spend 2/3rds of these arc burn Phogoth strikes simply waiting for the hive to stop dropping suppressive AoE fire on a rock I'm hiding behind. It's really not fun, and I certainly don't see the challenge of firing off a salvo and then being suppressed behind something again for another period of time.

The only benefit of doing it is the rep/xp boost... and evne the benefits of that are marginal at best. The loot can range from an exotic that I actually might not have already (now) and 5 strange coins, so... it would be absurd to even attach hope to that.

Why do you guys do the nightfall?

How can they make it into something more entertaining, yet challenging instead of an exponentially boring exercise in attrition warfare?

I think nightfalls are built to be done in groups, and solo-ing them is going to be the exact experience you described.

In groups, I think the nightfalls are a blast and do them for fun.

Except for the fact that the nightfalls with burn synergy play out the same way - players spend a significantly higher time suppressed - because the power of friendship doesn't magically make your character immune to the damage bonus the enemies get.

Lots of mechanically tedious tasks can be made fun by doing them with a certain group. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    This is awesome. I wasn't going to bother collecting even the 50 ghosts needed for the achievement, but this will make it easy to nab them all.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    It is not a thing one would seek to discover while at work, because now I need to go home, right now.

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    Doing content with @Cobell has led me to believe he is a lucky charm. A vault of glass and a nightfall and I get the raid shotgun, the fire primary scout rifle, and now a Thunderlord. I never get a damn thing from either it seems, so I am thinking I need to start kidnapping him for anything with a loot drop.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    This is awesome. I wasn't going to bother collecting even the 50 ghosts needed for the achievement, but this will make it easy to nab them all.

That would have been very handy to have when I was hunting ghosts for the achievement. Still a few I am missing though.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I got the shotgun from the raid last week, but haven't had a chance to use it. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hard mode VoG down! I saw a fatebringer drop for someone (I hate you), I got a second Monte Carlo.. Fun times.

Even when someone was pushing us off the cliffs...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I got the shotgun from the raid last week, but haven't had a chance to use it. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

It's good in the crucible; I was still able to get Buckshot Bruiser medals with it. Only problem is that it drops ammo when you die.

It's good against yellow hive, but The Trolley Problem completely outshines it.

Between The Trolley Problem and Murmur, I'm completely on board with fusion rifles. I'm obliged to, though, since 5 of the 8 new weapons I've received since TDB have been fusion rifles.

• Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    Anyone up for the Nightfall on PS4? TitusPullo13

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Just did the nightfall with @Brogey‌ and my friend . Friend got the arachnid hunter helm, Bogey got some Starfire warlock chest piece, I got 10 strange coins. I hope Xur has Helm of the Inmost Light for upgrade .

This confirms my suspicion that Brogey is bad luck in nightfalls

He stole my exotic drop one time on a freebie kill for him! 10 seconds, he was in the instance. :U

Confirmed and updated. @Brogey‌ is bad luck in everything.
    From my point of view, the Jedi are evil! you guys are incredibly good luck! At least I'm very appreciative, and suppress myself from cackling maniacally. :P

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Don't hate me because I'm bringing fates!

Still not a Mythoclast or VoC. @juicebox989‌ has proven how untrustworthy he is!

Got a Found Verdict in addition to the Fatebringer (same drop), Kabr's boots, and my third Timebreaker (third as in third I sharded today). Good times! Should rename it Team Not Appearing In This Film.

Fawst on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

It's good in the crucible; I was still able to get Buckshot Bruiser medals with it. Only problem is that it drops ammo when you die.

Between The Trolley Problem and Murmur, I'm completely on board with fusion rifles. I'm obliged to, though, since 5 of the 8 new weapons I've received since TDB have been fusion rifles.

I've got two Trolley Problems since the expansion (plus a Plug.1 and a Purifier?) and they've all been either solar or arc which is pretty annoying since ... ya know Murmur can do both.

So Trolley Problem is good?

• Options
    @Brogey - do you have any more characters you need to get through the first two parts of the raid?

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Hard mode VoG down! I saw a fatebringer drop for someone (I hate you), I got a second Monte Carlo.. Fun times.

Even when someone was pushing us off the cliffs...

Good times were had!

Atheon continues to be an asshole and gave me another Timebreaker, shards, and nothing else. Fuck that guy and the pre-DLC loot system.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular

I've got two Trolley Problems since the expansion (plus a Plug.1 and a Purifier?) and they've all been either solar or arc which is pretty annoying since ... ya know Murmur can do both.

So Trolley Problem is good?

It has the highest impact and mine has a range boost. It was my weapon of choice for nuking Crota over the ice breaker.

It one shots level 30 cabal majors.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Squeeze wrote: »
    Doing content with @Cobell has led me to believe he is a lucky charm. A vault of glass and a nightfall and I get the raid shotgun, the fire primary scout rifle, and now a Thunderlord. I never get a damn thing from either it seems, so I am thinking I need to start kidnapping him for anything with a loot drop.

I on the other hand got coins 5 and 6.

And someone else got the hawkmoon in that VoG run, too.

I did, however, then get two suros regimes from the first crota raid chest though (on different chars). So basically when my group hopefully runs crota later this week, I am pretty sure everyone is getting gjallahorns.

Cobell on
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Sweet finally got Ballerhorn from the nightfall!

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I got The Last Word from the Raid chest. Happy about that.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    The nightfall added 12 ascendant energy to my scrooge mcduck money pile of energy that I dont really need. Can't I give this away to some orphans or something?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    We killed the crap out of Crota again tonight. The first two times my PS4 ate the video, but this time it actually worked, hooray! So here, for your enjoyment, is the 8 minutes it took us to take down Crota (Yes, this was our one and only attempt. There definitely weren't 15 wipes in the hour preceding this. Nope.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNiLswkfNB0&list=UUposz1t7Lv5aoViQiu90uwA
    This is from the sword carrier's POV, of course. We had one terrifying moment where our sniper got killed just before the ogres spawned, but we managed to get him back up, take down the oversoul, and still down the ogres so we could recompose and finish Crota.

A few tips I'll point out from the video:
    All the hopping around we're doing is to try to get eyes on Crota and the Swordbearer so we can know exactly where both of them are at all times. You want to wait until Crota moves back to center before you kill the Swordbearer, so that's what we're doing when we're huddled in the hallway hopping.

For the ogres, we had our titan pop Weapons of Light behind us so we could all snag the buff, then we unload with machine guns and heavy ammo. You can normally stunlock the ogres like this before they even fire a shot. Unfortunately you'll see the ogres that nearly wiped us in this video because we were busy with the oversoul and couldn't stunlock them immediately. Huge difference.

You want the sword carrier to be a Bladedancer, almost without question. It gives you the best chance of landing 2 combos on Crota before the sword expires. You'll notice after the first combo, I retreat to the side and crouch to go invisible, then immediately get into position behind Crota while invisible. This usually lets me start swinging before he takes a knee and gives me time for 4 or more heavy hits on him, which is almost a quarter of his life.

Remember to tip your sniper on the way out, folks.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I logged on to the Destiny website and it had loads of new Grimoire cards unlocked, like Rasputin (1), the cards of Heart/Eyes/Hand of Crota and so on.
    So more stuff to read (especially about the 6 that went to fight Crota).

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    So, the Warlock helm from the Crota Raid looks Bad. Ass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uiTFFpPcUI

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Team Cold Nuggets cleared to Crota in under an hour, but couldn't quite finish him. Much of this can be attributed to my propensity for overestimating our DPS and sending our dear Swordsman, @Hiryu02‌, in too early. My apologies!

I'll let someone else handle the call on Thursday.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    A little pissed that it didn't save my clip. Had a rumble match where I spawned in at -1700 points and took the win, resulting in a rage quit from the previous no. 1. All I can say is: always have a plan c.

While it may well have been in this case, I just wanted to note that not every quit is a rage-quit. As someone whose internet would be described by an estate agent as 'tenuous', it's not always the choice in the hands of the departee.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    A little pissed that it didn't save my clip. Had a rumble match where I spawned in at -1700 points and took the win, resulting in a rage quit from the previous no. 1. All I can say is: always have a plan c.

While it may well have been in this case, I just wanted to note that not every quit is a rage-quit. As someone whose internet would be described by an estate agent as 'tenuous', it's not always the choice in the hands of the departee.

Yeah a lot of players genuinely get dropped regardless of their internet quality, usually after being killed. Hell, I've had entire matches swing because half my team was stuck in the respawn state. It's even more annoying when you're winning and these things happen.

Unless you're saying that he "rage-quit" after you won the match, in which case I suppose our definition of "rage-quit" is really different.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Hell, I've tried to wind people up who've been relentlessly killing me by dancing when I finally manage to get one over on them, only to see them start doing it back to me, and rather than boil the blood, it just makes me laugh instead. It's a bizarre moment of camaraderie where I've no idea what they're thinking, but it feels like I'm laughing with them.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Are there still any loot caves left? I desperately need some gear to dismantle for my warlock alt. I'm close to hitting 30 (and 31 once I get the urn quest gloves) but I need so much hadronic essence.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Are there still any loot caves left? I desperately need some gear to dismantle for my warlock alt. I'm close to hitting 30 (and 31 once I get the urn quest gloves) but I need so much hadronic essence.

"We''ve woken the hive" and something something about failsafes.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular

You can buy a helm for 240 glimmer from the vanguard vendor (the robot dude in the ship landing area). I think it'd be faster to farm glimmer to buy those than some random loot drops. Farming glimmer has the upside of also dropping things sometimes, which every drop saves you 240+ glimmer.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    If I ever bother to make a Titan and/or Warlock, I have enough gear for both to get them to like like light level 25-26. Whee!

Also this last hotfix is pretty great with making the light level curve on raid gear less shitty and making the helm drop in normal mode.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Being able to immediately equip raid gear without losing a light level is good and this is how it should work. Hooray for one solid change, Bungie.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Personally I'd just do Roc Playlist strikes. You'll get tonnes of blue engrams in the process, plus you have the chance to get a new vanguard legendary jumpship.

You'll also earn your vanguard marks for the week.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Just learned that the Titan exotic leg armour they've added increase the amount of time your shoulder charge stays active.
    So now those are all I want in the world.

forumsig.png
  • Options

Personally I'd just do Roc Playlist strikes. You'll get tonnes of blue engrams in the process, plus you have the chance to get a new vanguard legendary jumpship.

You'll also earn your vanguard marks for the week.

I've been trying that, but the game seems to give me engrams at a rate inversely proportional to how much I need them! On my titan the ground is littered with greens, but the game starts holding out on me as soon as I switch to my warlock.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Got dragons breath from nightfall last night... The rest of my night consisted of friends wishing ill will upon me...

Haters gonna hate

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Team Cold Nuggets cleared to Crota in under an hour, but couldn't quite finish him. Much of this can be attributed to my propensity for overestimating our DPS and sending our dear Swordsman, @Hiryu02‌, in too early. My apologies!

I'll let someone else handle the call on Thursday.

This won't even be an issue on Thursday. Literally the minute after you logged off I found a strat that would have given us a significant safety buffer during the shield burns. He's going down next we meet.

I feel very goosey for being so tunnel-visioned for that fight. I'm sorry I held us all up.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.