As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The starting narration (and your warning) made me think "sexy Tomb Raider" but the trailer was clearly "sexy God of War" which works out for me as I don't need to wishlist more things I'd be awful at. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Blades of Time is actually a lot of fun to play. It's sort of Tomb Raider meets Prince of Persia, with lots of acrobatic flips-n-jumps and swordplay with a bit of shooting mans thrown in... and liberally sprinkled with some time manipulation shenanigans.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So sorry to hear that @Taramoor‌. I've been weary here myself, with the layoffs happening last month. I hope you land back on your feet soon!

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Damn, new Humble Store sales just rolled over. Lotta good stuff here.

Steam Sale needs to hurry up and start!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Sniped two more

Faery: Legends of Avalon - turn-based RPG (think oldschool console RPG, I think) with a very interesting aesthetic and good graphics
    The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - point and click adventure which looks absolutely gorgeous, I'm actually more interested in the sequel, but figure I should play in order

So that leaves me with one more which I WILL get, damnit (I've been in the top 5 for....like over a day now, and keep getting shuffled back in the queue), one which I sniped but then was sniped back so I'm currently the top person, two more that I'll probably get, and 9000 more gems to play with, so I can choose to go after some more small ones or shoot one big one.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Dreamfall Chapters is only 18 bucks at Humble. First chapter is great and Chapter 2 appears to be close. Recommended.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I won an auction today. I got Ms Sposion Man for around 1400. Also I'm home today and get to play games in a bit...once my cookies come out of the oven. My kid has now has three days off of school due to emailed threats to the district. Fortunately they arrested the teenager responsible...the scary thing is he did have weapons.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    It's weird that stuff that I have had languishing in my inventory for a long time, I suddenly become emotionally attached to when given the prospect of wiping it from existence.
    auda9btc20aq.jpg

I'd been keeping one of every emoticon (because you never know when you'll need to use them!), so getting rid of the first one was the hardest.

I basically ended up keeping the ones I could see myself using.

rSZmsIv.png

Ahhh the :meatytears:

That might be the only one I kept.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Farming sim on sale for $24

What are the chances that it will be cheaper during the Gale?

Ugh game gem costs have risen quite a bit, probably putting what I was after slightly out of reach.

Thanks to the advice for whoever it was who suggested the best defense was a good offense.

I blasted a good 400 over the current max bid on Sokobond, and while they pushed me right up to 2 under my max bid, I still got it. If you liked Spacechem, look into this game because it looks just as nuts.
    This game makes me want to stab myself

Also nabbed Shelter, a short adventure game. A lot of folks around here already have it, so I won't elaborate :)

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind a sale where we had to actually do stuff instead of play the fucking Games Stock Market, or whatever. I mean, it's fun, but I'm not doing anything besides math, and that shit's boring.

What do you expect when these schemes are hatched by the on-staff economist? I'm sure that person thinks this is tons of fun.

steam_sig.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Farming sim on sale for $24

What are the chances that it will be cheaper during the Gale?

CQ2 for $6? Daaaamn.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ugh. The game I was watching I was at #4 going to bed. Wake up to being #13 and its up 20% in highest bid. Its gone up that much again. Should have just sniped it last night, this is ridiculous.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ugh. The game I was watching I was at #4 going to bed. Wake up to being #13 and its up 20% in highest bid. Its gone up that much again. Should have just sniped it last night, this is ridiculous.

Yeah, we're into the last third now. Prices are only going to go up.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, we're into the last third now. Prices are only going to go up.

Plenty of things I left 1 gem on are stable. Its just this one. I didnt expect crazy until this.evening at least.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind a sale where we had to actually do stuff instead of play the fucking Games Stock Market, or whatever. I mean, it's fun, but I'm not doing anything besides math, and that shit's boring.

What do you expect when these schemes are hatched by the on-staff economist? I'm sure that person thinks this is tons of fun.

my favorite sale will always be the one summer camp where game achievements got you tickets for stupid game DLCs and stuff.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    @Berylline is starting the holiday season early. Thanks a lot. <3<3 I am pretty sure I wishlisted this because of a post Pixie made back then and it sounded fun.

fesl5j3z24ua.png

1.png 258.3K
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Sniped two more

Faery: Legends of Avalon - turn-based RPG (think oldschool console RPG, I think) with a very interesting aesthetic and good graphics

I loved this game so much. Played it to completion twice back-to-back. It is incredibly charming. Highly recommended.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Really glad I won an auction last night. Bids are starting to increase now.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Thanks to the advice for whoever it was who suggested the best defense was a good offense.

I blasted a good 400 over the current max bid on Sokobond, and while they pushed me right up to 2 under my max bid, I still got it. If you liked Spacechem, look into this game because it looks just as nuts.

Also nabbed Shelter, a short adventure game. A lot of folks around here already have it, so I won't elaborate :)

Badgers!

- - - - -

So do the badges get given out after all the auctions end?

And it's 1) convert an item to gems, 2) place a bid, and 3) win a thing, is that right?

Jazz on
    Jazz wrote: »

Badgers!

- - - - -

So do the badges get given out after the auctions end?

And it's 1) convert an item to gems, 2) place a bid, and 3) win a thing, is that right?

I've already got my "win an auction" badge.

(It's 200 XP now, not 100, by the by).

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Badges get automatically updated when you complete the action required. For some reason the Auction badges replace each other than upgrading to Level 1>2>3.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    So there's this person who's won at least 10 Bumbledore auctions. They've changed their Steam profile avatar and name so the "won auction" spots on the page look like this:

zrjDx5f.png

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2014
    Jazz wrote: »

Badgers!

- - - - -

So do the badges get given out after the auctions end?

I've already got my "win an auction" badge.

(It's 200 XP now, not 100, by the by).

I have yet to win a thing but I've got a few bids out there. And a good 3100 gems in reserve.

I know I'm doing it wrong but I didn't have a lot I wanted to mulch, but I did throw an emoticon into the Gem-Create-O-Tron, and then straight up bought more gems. A bit late to the party, too, but oh well. I think all the "economy" talk scared me off initially...

But yeah, no badges yet that I've seen. I'm a dumbass, I was looking in the wrong place. :rotate:

Jazz on
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    A rabbit just left this by my Steam door:
    xDEOj25.jpg
    Thank you very much, @Berylline‌! <3<3

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    First person to PM me gets a free copy of Gunpoint!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    That Blades of Time trailer actually looks pretty fun. I always glossed over the game by conflating it with that other title in the same franchise and eyerolling at the banners, but if they actually put decent combat/platforming/puzzles together in the vein of the games they're taking pages from, I might have to take a closer look.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    That Blades of Time trailer actually looks pretty fun. I always glossed over the game by conflating it with that other title in the same franchise and eyerolling at the banners, but if they actually put decent combat/platforming/puzzles together in the vein of the games they're taking pages from, I might have to take a closer look.

It's currently in the Humble Weekly Bundle in the $1 tier if anyone is interested in it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    edited December 2014
    Not officially announced yet but it appears Akiba's Trip is heading to Steam.

Can be found on SteamDB and has an official Steam group already. http://steamcommunity.com/games/333980

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's uh, a game where you beat vampires by stripping their clothes off. Seriously.

I'm amazed that we get probably the perviest Japanese games leading the way, though I've heard this one is kind of mild given the premise. Originally on Vita but recently got a PS4 release.

At the very least it means Xseed is pretty open to porting.

Corpekata on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

It's currently in the Humble Weekly Bundle in the $1 tier if anyone is interested in it.

$25 game for $1? Nice!

Ooh and Stardrive in the BTA level. That's the game that looked amazing with space bears and space owls but got so-so gameplay reviews, right?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Not officially announced yet but it appears Akiba's Trip is heading to Steam.

Can be found on SteamDB and has an official Steam group already. http://steamcommunity.com/games/333980

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's uh, a game where you beat vampires by stripping their clothes off. Seriously.

I'm amazed that we get probably the perviest Japanese games leading the way, though I've heard this one is kind of mild given the premise. Originally on Vita but recently got a PS4 release.

At the very least it means Xseed is pretty open to porting.

Candidate for Corrigan to stream maybe? We've watched him be terrified before, so awkward seems like another fun one.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    First person to PM me gets a free copy of Gunpoint!

Nobody wants a free copy of Gunpoint, apparently.

You can still get a copy now! Just PM me!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

Blades of Time is great fun and has a surprisingly addictive multiplayer mode, though I expect you're probably limited to playing with bots at this point in the game's lifespan.

I will warn you that, in an attempt to give the main character a... personality? she has a ton of terrible dialogue in the first level, most of it delivered with the conviction of someone watching the clock tick down towards quitting time.

It gets better, especially as you unlock the various time-based powers.

Ooh, some of these are getting chippy. At leas 4 people going for a game at the buzzer in one case.

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    841e7fegmzdt.jpg

Remember folks, the Sonic Grand Prix is THIS SATURDAY, 11PM GMT

Itinerary:

The racers will be split up initially into two lobbies, due to numbers. Each of these lobbies will complete the DRAGON CUP (Tracks: Ocean View, Samba Studios, Carrier Zone, Dragon Canyon).

The podium finishers of each lobby at the end of the Dragon Cup will qualify for the final lobby. The final lobby will then undertake 8 races, and whoever wins, gets a Steam Game of their choice at full retail price.

If anyone else who has donated wants to get involved, let me know, @Kanden‌ has kindly offered a copy of the game from his inventory for anyone wanting to get involved but doesn't have the game.

But do not leave it until the last minute.

Alpha Lobby:

@Halfazedninja‌

@EvmaAlsar‌

@TeeMan‌

@Ed Gruberman

@Mudzgut‌

Bravo Lobby:

@DiannaoChong‌

@KoopahTroopah‌

@Jazz‌

@Descendant X

@The Brayster

Geth roll 1d100 for TheBrayster
    Geth roll 1d100 for DiannaoChong
    Geth roll 1d100 for Teeman
    Geth roll 1d100 for EdGruberman
    Geth roll 1d100 for Jazz
    Geth roll 1d100 for Evma
    Geth roll 1d100 for DescendantX
    Geth roll 1d100 for Mudzgut
    Geth roll 1d100 for HalfazedNinja
    Geth roll 1d100 for KoopahTroopah

TheBrayster:
    1d100 9 [1d100=9]
    DiannaoChong:
    1d100 49 [1d100=49]
    Teeman:
    1d100 75 [1d100=75]
    EdGruberman:
    1d100 66 [1d100=66]
    Jazz:
    1d100 36 [1d100=36]
    Evma:
    1d100 77 [1d100=77]
    DescendantX:
    1d100 22 [1d100=22]
    Mudzgut:
    1d100 58 [1d100=58]
    HalfazedNinja:
    1d100 82 [1d100=82]
    KoopahTroopah:
    1d100 41 [1d100=41]

The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    edited December 2014
    @CorriganX , this Bundlestars bundle seems tailored especially for you.

Four bucks nets you:

Agricultural Simulator 2013
    Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming
    Airport Simulator 2014
    Mining & Tunneling Simulator
    Professional Farmer 2014
    Professional Farmer 2014 - Good Ol' Times DLC
    Professional Farmer 2014 - America DLC
    Skyscraper Simulator
    Towtruck Simulator 2015
    Warehouse & Logistics Simulator
    Warehouse & Logistics Simulator - Hell's Warehouse DLC
    Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition

EDIT: Put in the link. Derp.

Jazz on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ooh, some of these are getting chippy. At leas 4 people going for a game at the buzzer in one case.

Suppressive fire approach! Take no prisoners.

• CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    @Berylline sent in a team of operatives to plant evidence. Evidence of espionage.
    KDGuOZ8.png
    Thanks Berylline!

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Berylline‌ also got me in her rampage!

Thanks for mousecraft <3

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.