As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• LostLost Registered User regular
    Santa!
    The presents have come! I shall type up a full thank you post with pictures and things when I get home from work. Hooray Night shifts! See you at 7am-ish! (Eastern!)

• KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

What's this, another mysterious package appeared?
    I sent out my trusty package inspecting cat Tetra to investigate.
    FvfXGaF.jpg

Inside was Vol 1 of Demon From Afar! I'm a big fan of Kaori Yuki so I'm excited to read the first volume in this series.
    zKtHDC6.jpg

Tetra wants to read my book. I told her no dice.
    0fMcIMu.jpg

Thanks for the book, @DoctorArch! I'm excited to give this a read.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Turns out the giant box of chocolate goods was shipped via Economy shipping by my wife.

That could take up to six weeks.

Merry February Santee!
    You're a mean one, Mr_Grinch.

see317 on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I came home yesterday to see Bobiel perched on the box looking rather satisfied with itself. Perhaps a bit too satisfied...

GNT1_zps69271470.jpg

After shooing Bobiel away for a bit, I dug in to find.
    GNT2_zps7b4f5adb.jpg

Ooh, presents. I love presents!

Now I wonder what's in Present #1?

GNT3_zpsee53c532.jpg

A bold assumption, Secret Santa. But a correct one nonetheless. I do love some good old fashioned Space Westernings.

GNT5_zps5bf58589.jpg

*drools* Shiny... How did you know that I've been eyeballing this game all year? You've had my brain brain-tapped, haven't you? Don't you deny it, Secret Santa!

Hmm, I wonder what else I got.

GNT4_zpsb2f74053.jpg

No way... say it isn't so!

GNT6_zps33844ac1.jpg

It is so! It is so! Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!

My hat goes off to @AnteCantelope‌ , my awesome Secret Santa! You scratched my itch most wonderfully...if a bit creepy on the accuracy of your picks. How did you know that I had the Mythos on my mind for the last few weeks? I'll definitely be looking forwards to cracking both open and firing them up with my group. You have made my holiday season so much more brighter.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Santa,

I'm off on the holiday visit to my parents on Saturday. I'll be popping in home on Christmas day briefly but after that we're straight off to the in-laws. Upshot of all this is, depending on what the postman does with anything you might be sending, if it comes after Saturday I might not get it for a while.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    So, home made things:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5DF158F70E64031A!866&authkey=!AEdufPrS3rBP-DA&ithint=folder,jpg

Icemopper I'm glad you have fun to. I think you figured out to much from those blurry images. I had to stop sending stuff over, I thought I was going to get found out.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Giftget.gif
    So after the first round of gifts(a couple of ebooks and Valiant Hearts on Steam) I was alerted by my wife there was a package waiting for me at home.

f10Z17Cl.jpg

Open it up to see the letter...

cpwn6Qel.jpg

Artisan Dice?!?! No...

5bGyuB5l.jpg

...Fucking WAY HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THESE THINGS

FR5Oiv0l.jpg

So pretty. Step forward Santa so you can be properly thanked!

Okay, okay, I don't want to make you crazy while I try to get the last part of your gift to you. It was me. Happy everything! My husband and I used to be into tabletop games, mostly RPGs, and so when I saw you were into tabletop my first thought was that I should get you something tabletop related and fancy that you maybe wouldn't buy for yourself, and my husband loves collecting dice and we were Artisan Dice backers from both of his Kickstarters. Charlie Brumfield (owner of Artisan Dice) says to "roll 'em like you stole 'em" and if anything goes wrong with them that they guarantee them for "as long as they exist." Also I despaired of learning about all of the different types of games you play to find something more targeted, and dice are very useful, so I asked @ihaveachair what kind of dice would be good for you. Are d20's useful? I hope so. She said you guys have a lot of d6's and I was torn between the assorted d20's and getting you a set of d10's, but for the 10d10 set I would have had to pick a single wood and I find it hard to pick a favorite wood for myself, let alone someone else. This way you got a mix.

Anyway, I am firing up the cookie mines right now to send you some treats. So expect one more box. I didn't want to unmask myself until I did that to make me accountable for actually doing it like I set out to do, but then again I meant to make the cookies and send them a week ago, too, and they would have gotten there around the same time as the dice. :redface:

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    D20's will definitely find use. Also sweets coming too? You are too awesome.

Seriously I'll be driving and won't see because your awesome is blinding and that makes you liable

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I came home yesterday to see Bobiel perched on the box looking rather satisfied with itself. Perhaps a bit too satisfied...

GNT1_zps69271470.jpg

After shooing Bobiel away for a bit, I dug in to find.
    GNT2_zps7b4f5adb.jpg

Ooh, presents. I love presents!

Now I wonder what's in Present #1?

GNT3_zpsee53c532.jpg

A bold assumption, Secret Santa. But a correct one nonetheless. I do love some good old fashioned Space Westernings.

GNT5_zps5bf58589.jpg

*drools* Shiny... How did you know that I've been eyeballing this game all year? You've had my brain brain-tapped, haven't you? Don't you deny it, Secret Santa!

Hmm, I wonder what else I got.

GNT4_zpsb2f74053.jpg

No way... say it isn't so!

GNT6_zps33844ac1.jpg

It is so! It is so! Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!

My hat goes off to @AnteCantelope‌ , my awesome Secret Santa! You scratched my itch most wonderfully...if a bit creepy on the accuracy of your picks. How did you know that I had the Mythos on my mind for the last few weeks? I'll definitely be looking forwards to cracking both open and firing them up with my group. You have made my holiday season so much more brighter.

Excellent! I thought they'd hit the spot well, my biggest worry was that they were such a good match you'd already own them. And they've both got a buttload of expansions, so I've also given you the gift of poverty!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    GIFT GET

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

In addition to the earlier-mentioned package, on Wednesday I received a Steam gift of Papers Please!
    MA3yfs3.png

I didn't recognize the name, and a profile search for ObstinateGrove turned up squat, but turns out it was @Grove!
    Grove wrote: »
    I've confirmed my santee received a gift but hasn't posted about it :(

Sorry for the delay. I love every gift, I've wanted to play Papers Please for a while, and when I'm not so busy I will. Thanks so much for everything, Grove!

Grove got me another gift! Camera isn't working at the moment, but he got me this: 7006579-M.jpg I haven't read it before, and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks again, @Grove :D

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    buying a steam game as a gift, selecting to email it, emailing it to yourself, then extracting the redemption code still works, right?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    On the eleventh day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, a bunch of pinballs all up in my face for free. :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

BTW, not one person requested one of the bundles I was giving away for day 10, and there were some amazing games in them... =P

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    On the eleventh day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, a bunch of pinballs all up in my face for free. :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

BTW, not one person requested one of the bundles I was giving away for day 10, and there were some amazing games in them... =P

I can't turn down pinball.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    I have so many games I haven't played, I feel guilty asking for/entering contests for more.

edited December 2014
    Houn wrote: »
    I have so many games I haven't played, I feel guilty asking for/entering contests for more.

My son and I play pinball together. I don't enter many contests either though.

edit:
    And I want to say how great those stocking hangers turned out. If you didn't look at the link, and need something, I suggest looking at it. Everything could be bought at your hardware store of choice. I can send you directions if you don't understand.

DyasAlure on
  • LostLost Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Just before I had to leave for work, I get a knock on the door and when I answer, I am greeted with a couple of packages. Because I lack any cute pets, Green and Red Mush are gonna have to help me out.
    20141216_163859_zps2173ff3b.jpg
    Opening the box reveals two presents!
    20141216_164222_zpsd3cf5a94.jpg
    Card one!
    b7725a50-1426-4675-a5de-20dca19d02a3_zpsa36fa737.jpg
    20141216_164433_zpsa3fef668.jpg
    Score! I have wanted to read this for a while. It is also one of my favorite shows (and it has one of my favorite soundtracks too!)
    2Card2Furious
    20141216_164255_zps5495a481.jpg
    Electric presentaloo.
    20141216_164343_zps095c2848.jpg
    Yesssssss, Also on of my favorite directors. I have seen all his movies, but I am slowly buying them all on blu-ray. This will make a great addition to my collection! Now, what could possibly be in that envelope type package?
    20141216_164042_zpsf03c7957.jpg
    A hand written note, revealing my santa to be none other then the fantastic @‌Icemopper
    He had been sending me messages via proxy about my college town, and my favorite memories of it. He even sent me a photo of his beer from inside my favorite bar! I wonder why...
    20141216_164031_zps7dc34b02.jpg
    Freaking sweet, A hand drawn sketch of the corner where that bar sits. This is awesome! Thank you so much, this really made these last 4 night shifts before the holidays much better. and on that note, I've gotta hit the hay. So sleepy! Thanks Icemopper for being an awesome santa!

Lost on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Awesome @Lost! I'm glad it all got there (and on the same day!). I'm doing the same thing with Wes Anderson, and I'm only missing Bottle Rocket from my collection. I'm glad you're a fan too! And The Pillows were amazing, for sure. They absolutely were in my portable CD player of old.

I hope you like the sketch, it is the best way for me to capture a moment or memory, and it was a blast being there. Just don't look too closely at the proportions or number of windows! My hands were absolutely freezing!

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Turns out the giant box of chocolate goods was shipped via Economy shipping by my wife.

That could take up to six weeks.

Merry February Santee!
    You're a mean one, Mr_Grinch.

Just to point out, I may be a mean one but I'm no dead beat, there's other stuff :-) and maybe one final surprise if funds allow.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    As I was forewarned about a parcel being delievered this week by Hypatia, I'm going to assume the one I picked up this morning from the post office, with an address from Wisconsin, is likely from you, Santa.
    I wanted you to know it is here. And now we both get to begin the short wait, as I will take it home for lunch and do a proper unboxing. THE EXCITEMENT. <3

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    I promised I'd show my haul yesterday, but something came up. Today I'll do it, I swear!

Love your gifts by the way, santa! They're cute and brooding!

V0Gug2h.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh man, is IceMopper this year's semi-local Santa who does some real life stalking for Secret Santa?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Oh man, is IceMopper this year's semi-local Santa who does some real life stalking for Secret Santa?

I didn't get to actually meet Lost, but I feel like I know him a little more by participating in one of his past-times. If he's ever in the area, though, I'll happily grab a beer at his bar.

• DialupSantaDialupSanta Registered User regular
    @cornell‌

24BD 13AC 26CA 01BF 1002 55

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    As promised ...

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I brought the box home for lunch and set it on my table. It's a bit too perfect ... Look at how cubic it is. It's just unnatural ...
    5hrFCfD.jpg

"Sir, reports say earlier in the thread you were super hype about Gundam!"
    "Hmmm ... That's true. We can use that ... Right! Send in the Leos!"
    Rpiz9WM.jpg

A weakness was discovered in the box's exo-structure. It's good to see upon breaching that we chose the right end of said box.
    1oIZSCx.jpg

"Sir, it appears this box contains an unholy amount of chocolate, and a potentially hostile greeting card!"
    PjJGcN9.jpg

Message decrypted. Unholy indeed.
    MmrWDZI.jpg

Like, seriously ...
    LPo9FzZ.jpg

Upon first reading the enclosed card, I thought you might have had an arts and crafts nightmare. Turns out that wasn't the case. Hurray!
    2xXC7fj.jpg

"All clear, Sir. Heading back to base."
    AKv2gnD.jpg

===
    Seriously, you aren't done yet? Santa, you fiend!
    I have my suspicions who you are, but I'll leave those guesses under the table until you reveal yourself. In the meantime, I'm enjoying this ridiculously delicious chocolate, as I didn't have much time to actually make lunch while putting this together. SO WORTH IT! <3

• cornellcornell Registered User regular
    @cornell‌

24BD 13AC 26CA 01BF 1002 55

Hex decoder says "HE?P?U"

I'm thinking it's not Hex. To the drawing board!

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Santee! Your gifts have been loaded onto the sleigh for distribution! Santa's workload is crazy, but the elves tell him that your gifts should be delivered by Christmas! Until then, Santa expects you to wait by the door in feverish anticipation!

To my Santa: just wanted to let you know that I'll be out of town from the 23rd-28th, and then again from the 30th-2nd.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Santee, your gift is on its way and estimated to arrive on the 23rd

get hype

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I got a package today. What does it hold in it?
    IMG_20141217_104311.jpg
    Gifts! All of the gifts!

The haul!
    IMG_20141217_114015.jpg

This is awesome. I've had Ghost Brigades on my reading backlog for ages.
    Legos? Legos in the form of tractors? The best kinds of Legos.
    Board games, hellz yaass. Will play ASAP.

My Santa didn't reveal himself, but I just received a PM that there is another package coming!
    I also got a string of characters that I'll have to figure out!

What's more?
    Today's my birthday. Wooooooo presents!

<3<3<3

Edit: Oh well actually my Santa did reveal himself in the PM, I just didn't realize it because I read it form my email.

Thanks a lot @Frem, this is amazinnnggg

minirhyder on
  • PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Loving seeing what people got. Always amazes me strangers getting each other stuff and the thought that goes in.

Hope my sante enjoys what i picked as much as some of these!

Prime on
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    I had a bunch more plans for Christmas decorations but I honestly think I'm too lazy to do more.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Santee - your stuff is headed for post this evening. Wanted to get it closer to Christmas. All hope lies in USPS... godspeed.

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Hmm all right, so far I've tried:

Steam
    World of Tanks
    Google Play store
    iOS store
    Amazon

What else is a major website I can put a code into?

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Psn or xbox live?

Hmmmm. Dear Santa,

I was checking that tracking number you sent me and saw this notice:

A delivery was attempted for your item with reference RN135673606GB in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA before 11:13 17 December

My wife was at home, but says we didn't get a package. Perhaps she was out on a walk.

She will be home again tomorrow, but if that doesn't work, maybe let me know what service it is going through, and I can get in touch with them about picking it up on my end.

Much love

Icemopper.

(PS, I promise I've been extra good this year)

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I had a bunch more plans for Christmas decorations but I honestly think I'm too lazy to do more.

It's ok, you deserve the break.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Hmmmm. Dear Santa,

Icemopper.

(PS, I promise I've been extra good this year)

Actually, I've updated information at USPS and told them to leave it at the front office if no one is home. Hopefully that will take care of it!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So my Secret Santa stuff is most likely done, having ordered the physical item to be delivered to my Santee.

Now my office is doing White Elephant and I need to figure out what to get them. Booze, presumably.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Khristmas Avatar... Activate!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Thanks a lot @Frem, this is amazinnnggg

Yay, glad you like it!
    minirhyder wrote: »
    What else is a major website I can put a code into?

Hint: there's more than one place on Amazon a code can be redeemed.

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Secret santa package came! I don't know which secret santa G&T or D&SD so I'm posting in both :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :)
    10847870_10152917704292464_2217177691770284867_n.jpg?oh=2245d00958530261e3e882aea7fc2251&oe=5509FE40&__gda__=1430367318_a6604ba3b23c8f3eac62a0c6521e5dbd
    The tea is delicious by the way... Shaz got me the same present last year :)
    10246426_10152917704342464_8707778004478248104_n.jpg?oh=9792d9e8bdf5b3afacf9317911938c6e&oe=55415F51
    10013976_10152917704502464_4254738495157759247_n.jpg?oh=dab59511036b34f5d52d88d328df4229&oe=55053D42&__gda__=1426914900_60080fd1697bc9b71bff55a67e3e68c6
    10401878_10152917704397464_3149116800572976739_n.jpg?oh=75b41352411d27f1724319f4d9591350&oe=54FCF945
    I can't wait for board game night at my place to play Dominion!
    10846268_10152917704467464_5412166487020704146_n.jpg?oh=a6220a87a704ac8be18b7b06149f3d30&oe=55405ED2