As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Singularity Satans 2014

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    The worst I've had was at the Coke Store where they'd do a sample of sodas from around the world that Coke makes. There's an Italian one called 'Beverly' that's apparently mainly used for mixing and not drinking

Tricking people into drinking straight Beverly is one of the favorite pasttimes of anyone who has been to World of Coke.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I've only been to World of Coke once because hey, I don't drink soda

But I INSTANTLY found Beverly and tricked four other people into trying it.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Anything with celery or cucumber is going to be disgusting IMO.

Also that soda place has buffalo wing soda. I love wings but that just sounds awful.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I tried cheerwine one time

Found it at a store called Anderson's

It's kinda like a lighter syrup Dr Pepper.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    My girlfriend loves birch beer and brought back 8 liters of the diet version of the stuff from Pennsylvania when we drove up there last month.

It tastes like flat, off-brand root beer mixed with old black licorice.

Sort of like if you took Moxie and diluted a cup of it in a 2-liter bottle of non-carbonated water.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I love birch beer so much

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Root Beer, Birch Beer and Sarsaparilla are all basically different strengths of the same flavoured drink.

I enjoy all of them.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

@NightDragon back me up here

http://www.foxonpark.com/cart.php?m=splash

If you can swing a few bottles of Foxon Park White Birch Beer, you're in for a treat and a half!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    I like birch beer, but diet birch beer? blech.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I just got a package!

Inside were two gifts with the same note, which read "Sweeney Tom - You have a wishlist with length beyond compare. A D100 was rolled to select page and then a D30 to select the item. May the random numbers smile upon you. Oh, and because I'm Satan - I did it twice. HAIL SATAN!"
    w2q0Q6I.jpg

The gifts were the Xbox 360 version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and the movie Cromartie High (based off the great TV show)! Thanks so much Satan! :D

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, if I have to drink a soda other than Moxie, it's gonna be something that sounds like it might be alcohol

Birch beer or maybe ginger beer are probably my favorites

• Options
    "Sweeney Tom - You have a wishlist with length beyond compare. A D100 was rolled to select page and then a D30 to select the item. May the random numbers smile upon you. Oh, and because I'm Satan - I did it twice. HAIL SATAN!"

I love this

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Those are clearly cheap knockoffs though.

They're all backwards.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Those are clearly cheap knockoffs though.

They're all backwards.

I mean, what else could you expect when you order from moc.nozama.www?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

@NightDragon back me up here

http://www.foxonpark.com/cart.php?m=splash

If you can swing a few bottles of Foxon Park White Birch Beer, you're in for a treat and a half!

Aw hell yeah - Foxon Park birch beer 4 lyfe!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Update!

Due to my stubborn nature it has taken time to purchase everything local. However, everything is in my possession and will be wrapped and packaged soon and shipped tomorrow. Have no fear, dear Satanee, Xmas is coming!

Tomorrow I shall also post my gift get, had some "problems" with my camera, but finally found a way around that ancient machine.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    ...and the movie Cromartie High (based off the great TV show)! Thanks so much Satan! :D

Cromartie High is the Seinfeld of anime.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I have received yet another package!

It contains peerless power, boundless entertainment, and mouth watering flavor (and a very lovely note!)
    Five awesome fun satans themed magic cards! A netflix gift card! And brownies (with secret dick)!

This picture is before I ate half of the rest of the brownies, they are so good oh my goodness
    xtzqbrq5gwmb.jpg

Thank you so much Rayze, all the stuff you've given me is awesome! I'm going to activate the netflix next week and burn through all the shows over my christmas break

edit all. the. shows.

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So glad you got it. FedEx tracking said it was delivered on Wednesday so I was hoping it wasn't lost

Edit: How are you liking The Eyre Affair? I was planning on getting you On the Steel Breeze but it would have been delivered much later than the other gifts and I wanted to group everything up. Instead, I decided to take a chance

Rayze on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I got it I just took a picture then fell in a deep brownie sleep

edit I only read the first couple pages so far, I'm going to have a lot of time next week where I have to sit around and I am saving it for that so I have something interesting, just from the first little bit it seems like a real good read though

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Lasbrook‌ YOU MAD BASTARD

HOLY SHIT.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Hahaha @fightinfilipino‌

I got another gift you guys!

The note says "I hope this will help Lando with his Captain's Logs :3 "

cVbwNRK.jpg

9G8IbSK.jpg

AMAZING

I already put it in his stocking!

Thank you fightinfilipino! <3

• Options
    I went to the mail room after work because I was expecting the last packages of gifts from family members to take to Germany with me

The boxes I anticipated were quite small

Instead...

P8CV2l6l.jpg

gmvjxDfl.jpg
    CySMpZPl.jpg

I KNOW THAT BOX I KNOW WHERE THAT'S FROM. Uniqlo is basically my favourite store in the whole world and I miss having one around. Their stuff is always great and so even a pair of socks from them would be --

Holy shit holy shit it's the Ines de la Fressange velvet jacket I put on my wishlist as a "Wouldn't it be nice to dream"

YES IT WOULD

MeeQodXl.jpg

The pictures do not do it justice. It's this gorgeous dark color and, I mean, velvet.

And... as I reached in something fell out of the box. Okay, this is an oddball thing.

ng2LkB8l.jpg

But there appears to be a correlation between it (perhaps) and this most puzzling of missives...

cu3WKOCl.jpg
    "I promise there will be no rhyming this time, but can you put things back in line?

Another gift got separated in the time stream, I'm sure there will be no need to involve the Pentagon.
    The rest should arrive at some point but will it be in the past or the future?

The last thing to restore order is to open these gifts!
    There are three items in this box but who knows what holiday they are for, or what decade they are from?

Thanks to manipulation of fthe fourth dimension, a gift should be safe from temporal distortion.

By Thursday it will be Saturday, by Friday it will be August and by Saturday it will be the end of existence as we know it.

It seems gifting before Thanksgiving has created an unstable rift in Space and Time.
    We must solve it before anything else!

His dark servant,
    Lasbrook (which is upside down)

Seriously hoisted by my own petard here, I gotta come back to it.

The note with the next box said "Hey. You said awful." And I did. And it is true.

So I am SUPER excited to find...

ZCnR6Etl.jpgtDFVlVSl.jpg

The Soultangler appears to be a disgusting hot mess of a film put out by Mondo Video and Bleeding Skull Video! Bleeding Skull is dedicated to rereleasing lost badass supertrashy pulp/b-movies and they do stuff with/at Alamo Drafthouse a lot, which is how I first heard about them! And Mondo is I believe Alamo Drafthouse's gallery/artsy branch, which I only know because I read about an exhibit they were doing on Batman but I missed it because I SUCK. This movie looks completely terrible and I'm SO EXCITED TO WATCH IT. (I will have to find a VHS player but I fear no challenge.)

And also. ALSO. "This item shouldn't be a Big Trouble."

00av5IGl.jpgiODg0OAl.jpg

You should know that I immediately snapped this to my brother and the handful of people I know who would appreciate it the most, in order to inspire ferocious and instant jealousy.

Jesus god Lasbrook you are off the fuckin' chain, man.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Sheri if your dog is anything like my dog I know that look

That look says "Lando gon' eat it"

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    My boss just got a new needle for the turntable here at the office.

We're listening to the Sabbath album Sagat Satan got me for the third time today.

Fuck I love that album.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    dat jacket tho

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

All things are, potentially, Lando's things.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    dat jacket tho

Yeah, the note I put on that box was something about jealousy in ability to rock said jacket.

Anyways, @Lost Salient

I decided to use the mail this time which had nothing at all to do with me getting lost as hell last time. Nope, none at all. as the note says I went with the idea that I broke space/time and apparently USPS decided to follow suit:
    siTuDGw.jpg
    Notice that it says delivered but expected delivery is tomorrow. I'm glad you like everything, I'll admit following Mondo on twitter was one of the best/worst decisions I ever made. The Soultangler should include a digital download code because it's still 2014, if you don't want to go to the trouble of a VCR.

Edit: Also, I hope I didn't ruin your puzzles too much, but now you see why I may have been able to guess it so easily. I guess Austin gets it's very own Satans this year.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

All things are, potentially, Lando's things.

this is pretty much our dog's position.

once Bowie has had a thing, it is now his forever.

peanut butter.

ham.

pieces of basil, which he doesn't even like but will keep trying to eat anyways.

dogs are pretty awesome :3

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    I got another notification of a mystery package waiting for me across the border!

I will have to go pick it up on Monday, so if you sent me something, don't worry!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    dat jacket tho

Yeah, the note I put on that box was something about jealousy in ability to rock said jacket.

Anyways, @Lost Salient

I decided to use the mail this time which had nothing at all to do with me getting lost as hell last time. Nope, none at all. as the note says I went with the idea that I broke space/time and apparently USPS decided to follow suit:

Notice that it says delivered but expected delivery is tomorrow. I'm glad you like everything, I'll admit following Mondo on twitter was one of the best/worst decisions I ever made. The Soultangler should include a digital download code because it's still 2014, if you don't want to go to the trouble of a VCR.

Edit: Also, I hope I didn't ruin your puzzles too much, but now you see why I may have been able to guess it so easily. I guess Austin gets it's very own Satans this year.

You broke space and time! Look what you did!

Also I missed the note on the jacket box in my hideous frenzy to OPEN GIFT

Also also holy cow this stuff is so awesome

(You have more coming but nooot yet)

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    By the way!

I got one of the random yellow cassettes for the VHS.

Boss.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Awesome! I admit I was tempted to look myself.

And yeah you have one more thing coming to you as well, it shouldn't be hard to figure out with the hint in the note. Which speaking of, I forgot to mention you shouldn't think too hard about the "By Thursday it will be Saturday , By Friday it will be August and by Saturday it will be the end of existence as we know it." line. I just wanted to use the reference.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I had a package that claims to be out for delivery

and also located about 1,000 miles from where it's supposed to be delivered to

hmmmmm

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Satanee

I have not said much

but

gifts are inbound

I wish I could have done more but in the last couple weeks dealt with some emergency dental biz and a very sick cat's vet billz

but I hope ya like it

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    surprise I got you a very sick cat

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I just got a package!

Inside were two gifts with the same note, which read "Sweeney Tom - You have a wishlist with length beyond compare. A D100 was rolled to select page and then a D30 to select the item. May the random numbers smile upon you. Oh, and because I'm Satan - I did it twice. HAIL SATAN!"
    w2q0Q6I.jpg

The gifts were the Xbox 360 version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and the movie Cromartie High (based off the great TV show)! Thanks so much Satan! :D

You're welcome, bud.

There's more coming to you but I'm going to have to wait until the post christmas HOLY FUCK of working retail ends.

HAIL SATAN

• Options
    Okay so last night I was coming home from work and there was something on top of my mailbox, clearly intended for me. It didn't feel like a book, and it didn't come from Amazon, so I wasn't sure if it was from Satan and he was breaking his pattern or if it was from someone else or what. But I still turn on the old eyeball camera and had a look.
    IMG_20141218_181023_333_zpseyjwkvme.jpg

Now this sort of packaging was clearly the job for a knife (finally).

IMG_20141218_181055_173_zpslpnwzoqi.jpg

What do we have here? A box inside of the envelope? Hmm. Perhaps this is why things felt strange.

IMG_20141218_181127_571_zps4qvafxcq.jpg

Let's cut it open to find ou- Dammit there's a pull tab isn't there?

IMG_20141218_181145_663_zpsfoqlrqie.jpg

Fiiiine. Let's pull on its pull tab to find out. Not nearly as satisfying. Also much harder to photograph.

IMG_20141218_181220_171_zpsvtr6ak9g.jpg
    Special thanks to my foot, which makes a cameo appearance at the bottom of this photo.

More comic books are inside! And another note!

IMG_20141218_181406_341_zps1vubxnqs.jpg

War is my game. - Old Scratch

Thank you Satan, in all your many names!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I once performed an experiment with random household items. A kitchen sponge, stirring spoon, battery, etc.

Each one, I showed it to him in a way that might imply that I would be giving it to him to use as he sees fit, and he reacted identically in all situations.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Sheri wrote: »
    Hahaha @fightinfilipino‌

I got another gift you guys!

The note says "I hope this will help Lando with his Captain's Logs :3 "

cVbwNRK.jpg

9G8IbSK.jpg

AMAZING

I already put it in his stocking!

Thank you fightinfilipino! <3