As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    It was me all along, @msmya! There's another thing coming, but I don't have a tracking number and don't know when it'll show up. Also, now realizing I wrote "you've have" on that note.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Oh hey some gifts arrived! Time to do some documentin'.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Making peanut butter blossoms for my husband to take to work. Also making low calorie chocolate chip cookies along with because his boss is on a restricted calorie diet and peanut butter blossoms are like 200+ calories a cookie.

Found The Sims 4 on sale so picked up that for my husband. It's not as bad as I was lead to believe. They've released 2 free content patches so far and I'm not really missing the things that didn't make it in. It runs ridiculously well on my laptop where Sims 3 choked it hard.

I'll probably use the supplies I bought for Thanksgiving dinner on Christmas dinner, it translates well enough.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    poisonx wrote: »
    Got my gift, was gonna wait until Christmas but i'll couldn't resist. I'll post pics later this evening. Thank you so much Santa. My gift to my Santa will be on it's way sometime next week. Just doing some minor gift touchups.

@poisonx post pics today, don't procrastinate! You posted on the 11th that you received them, I'm sure your Santa would want to see how excited you are with the gifts. Much of the fun we all get from Secret Santa is seeing how happy gifting makes people!

EDIT: OP says it is not optional, so get crackin!

Icemopper on
  • LostLost Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So I accepted a friend request from @Icemopper on Steam thinking "Oh yay, now that the gifting is done, we can be friends for ever!"
    valk_zps3daac8a0.jpg
    Then boom, he surprises me with another gift, a copy of Valkyria Chronicles from my wishlist! What a class-hole!
    <3<3<3<3

Thanks again!

Lost on
    Lost wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So I accepted a friend request from @Icemopper on Steam thinking "Oh yay, now that the gifting is done, we can be friends for ever!"
    valk_zps3daac8a0.jpg
    Then boom, he surprises me with another gift, a copy of Valkyria Chronicles from my wishlist! What a class-hole!
    <3<3<3<3

Thanks again!

Can we still be friends forever? <3

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    People who gift valkyria chronicles are good people. Incidentally I plan on self gifting myself when steam sale happens

People who gift valkyria chronicles are good people. Incidentally I plan on self gifting myself when steam sale happens

It was a blind gifting, I've never played it. I hear such good things though, so I'll possibly look at it during the sale as well! @Lost will have to tell me how it is!

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    It was me all along, @msmya! There's another thing coming, but I don't have a tracking number and don't know when it'll show up. Also, now realizing I wrote "you've have" on that note.

The elves will forgive you this time, mortal.

But they are watching...

• DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I just picked up Space Empires V from the pre-sale auction! I played II and III and IV wayyyy too much. Didn't ever grab V. Hopefully it doesn't have custom ship designs and super engaging combat like the other ones...

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Gifts arrived, photos tonight. @Arikado did very well!

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    All right @Frem, let's play 20 questions.
    Does something have to be in my cart for the code to be entered?

• PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Amazon package arrived...

photo.jpg

Though I had received all my orders....*realization kicks in*...ooo...oooohh! Whats this! Gifts!

photo_6.jpg

First package, yum! Love aQuarterOf sweets, order from them a couple times a year for a treat.

photo_2.jpg

Second package....the gift of board games! Always appreciated! Cant wait to bust this out, been reading reviews looks a blast.

photo_1.jpg

@Arikado‌ thanks a lot. I know I must have been a tricky and also probably a depressing stalk depending how far back you went. Cheers for putting a golden cap on a otherwise grey year :biggrin:

Prime on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

In addition to the previous Steam gifting I have received a package! My Castle Crasher investigates...
    whQwbwil.jpg

Three gifts reveal themselves!
    mXsSarwl.jpg

A magnet (that matches my new tattoo)!
    CwEi3Nfl.jpg

Comic books! (I am so excited to read them)
    y481gYsl.jpg

A paperweight! (But a cool one)
    E9LbUAul.jpg

And finally the note! The last line is ominous. "Show this to the forum, then you'll have more fun..." (Big version)
    TlmrLMMl.jpg

Bonus: Hawkeye in his new home.
    dA1607Jl.jpg

Thank you mysterious Santa! Though, the notes has me worried? There seems to still be more to come.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    GIFT GET

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

In addition to the earlier-mentioned package, on Wednesday I received a Steam gift of Papers Please!
    MA3yfs3.png

I didn't recognize the name, and a profile search for ObstinateGrove turned up squat, but turns out it was @Grove!
    Grove wrote: »
    I've confirmed my santee received a gift but hasn't posted about it :(

Sorry for the delay. I love every gift, I've wanted to play Papers Please for a while, and when I'm not so busy I will. Thanks so much for everything, Grove!

Grove got me another gift! Camera isn't working at the moment, but he got me this: 7006579-M.jpg I haven't read it before, and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks again, @Grove :D

Hopefully it wasn't a used copy, or if it is, not as used as that picture

On a side note, my last package of gift(s) is en route to my santee @Kanden‌. Now to go to target to find out why they screwed up my Christmas cards so much. And one last stop and I'm fully done with all my Christmas shopping for everyone.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    A gigantic box has arrived at my doorstep. I will report in...how ever many hours it takes to sort through this.

Unless it's a bomb, in which case I regret nothing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    All hail Amazon Prime, the patron saint of last minute Secret Santas!

edited December 2014
    Y2JSF.gif

This massive thing arrived at my door. Bomb squad refused to return my calls, so I sent out Olimar and Archimedes to handle it.
    zvPNoi8.jpg

It's @Schide‌! Considering what the Cards Against Humanity people did last month, this note was somewhat concerning.
    viB4WpE.jpg

A treasure trove of wrapped delights. Our intrepid crew dive right in.
    4vIar5V.jpg

Whoa, can I pick a first gift to unwrap or what?
    erttBHT.jpg

Catbug joins my growing plushie family! Eight-player Smash, here I come!
    Rd5OdEa.jpg

Precious reading material is unearthed.
    673wqb2.jpg

A Mario and Yoshi figure! Because Mario without his faithful mount would be inappropriate.
    26lljwA.jpg

Delicious foodstuffs. Catbug, no! You can do the gift thing next year.
    yv6oZfg.jpg

A collectible card game? I've been down that dark road of booster box binges before, so I dunno if I can consider this a gift...
    XEFbsOr.jpg

More figures! Link and Wario make for an odd pair, although Link has taken up motorcycling lately...
    uybUMpr.jpg

A giant Donkey Kong figure! Or maybe it's more of a statue. It's only fitting that the big ape gets such a large portrayal.
    jxPQjMH.jpg

And Bowser too! Like DK, this thing is absolutely huge.
    YN6oQrn.jpg

Perhaps the crowning piece of the whole shebang. This is practically a tome; a hardback wealth of gorgeous arts.
    pUowf7I.jpg

Did you get all that? Here's a recap of the entire haul.
    8bLFrdY.jpg

This was a splendid surprise. Thanks so much, @Schide!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    Addendum: this is on top of at least two Humble Bundles AND a copy of Duck Tales Remastered on Steam.

Incredible!

YL9WnCY.png
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Woo hoo! I've been Proxy'd a tracking number, presumably from my Santa!

Unfortunately, everyone was out of the office today and they tried to deliver, but we're all there tomorrow, and it should arrive then!

It's probably not going to show up until the afternoon, but I'm going to head in early just in case!

*excitement*

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Awesome haul of Nintendo figures!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Just a reminder, Santa. I'm heading out of town tomorrow so I probably won't see your gifts until after Christmas. I do have a house-sitter, so presents will be safe (and it's possible I won't be able to wait if they show up and will force the house-sitter to open them by proxy for me).

Joyous Saturnalia, everyone, if I don't have time to hit the forums between now and then!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I came home today from attending my best-friend-and-former-college-roommate's graduation (he got hooded and is a doctor now and everything, though not the kind you'd want treating wounds ...) to find a ...

Giftget.gif

l2uwk4y8g85q.png

Not only is it Dark Souls II, the "third" entry in a series I have an immense respect and love for despite not being nearly as good at them as I want to be, but it carries with it the promise of dark chocolate.

Dark chocolate is kind of my thing. Well stalked, Santa!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think he means sex.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Y2JSF.gif

This was a splendid surprise. Thanks so much, @Schide!

Sweet, it got there ok!

Ok so I was going to include a longer letter in the actual gift, but I forgot to actually write until I just happened to remember as I was putting the sealing tape on the box. So you got what you got. So here’s a bit of a better letter.

Merry fucking Christmas! Or whatever! Decemberween! Yeah!

Now, you might be thinking, “Hey these Nintendo figures are pretty cool, not sure why I got them but I guess I can put them somewhere on a shelf.” But OH NO, that is not their true purpose! Their purpose is to stage your own LIVE ACTION Smash Bros battles. Granted, you don’t exactly have the cast to simulate a full Smash Bros squadron, but it’s a start. Perhaps someday another Santa will gift you with more and your army can grow. And grow!!!!!!! Plus small Waluigi because that was the only version that is out right now and of course you had to get one.

What else...you of course are a fellow MLP fan, so something of that nature had to be included, so I just went with the card game, which as far as I can tell you haven’t tried. You go two starter decks so you can just try it out with a friend or whatever. Don’t have to go all metagame or anything, just some casual fun play.

The Art of Ooo is pretty self explanatory, just some cool art from Adventure Time. There’s also Catbug, because Catbug.

Prophet is a decenty weird comic that was restarted years later from a Liefeldian nightmare into more of a weird spacey sci fi nightmare. Whenever I read it I’m still not sure what the hell is going on, but it’s still pretty dang cool.

Finally, the Sarris chocolate covered pretzels are a traditional inclusion as a local edible treat. I hope you’re not allergic to chocolate or something because that would suck.

All in all I hope you enjoy everything and have a fun time of events in life!

Glad you like everything!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Santa I just bought like $60 worth of rocksmith dlc because I have a problem.

But I promise not to interfere with any more potential gifting... Unless you were sending me a car battery. Too late on that

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    A wild box appears! Loki and Sif are sent in to investigate.
    7eewc8l271ja.jpg

Amazon gifts, woo!
    ogtobrbw5zaw.jpg

What's inside?
    qc5qh8gmlvv9.jpg
    zgjh4pxxjnkc.jpg

Well picked Santa - I'd had my eye on this exact thing.

Action shots!
    ev573xnzhobc.jpg
    2halfjn7zfcy.jpg

It seems they approve!

uzdox0qsp60i.jpg
    m9lbe5zwifyb.jpg

Ooooo yum! I look forward to checking these out!

8roq6zii74yk.jpg
    67z29v96610o.jpg

It's BMO! Maybe I have a chance of winning this one - I always lose to that damn pig!

Thanks @Beltaine for the awesome gifts!

fss_overall.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Got your message Santa.

No worries, you take care of yourself and your family.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »

Nope. Actually, this is more difficult than intended. I can't actually find any reference to the right code redemption page on Amazon's site; all the help pages just say "click the link in the email!"

Here, sounds like you earned it. :smile:

Welp, the tracking my Santa gave me has been very useful, but slightly troubling. I asked them to redeliver yesterday since my wife was to be home and available to sign. They didn't make an attempt, though it still says they will try to redeliver the 18th, yesterday.

I'm guessing they might try to redeliver today, but my wife might not be here at the right time. I did say they could leave it at the front office, but if they require my signature, they might take it back to the facility. If that happens, that could be trouble, as I'm headed out of town until the 30th this weekend. At that point, it will have stayed in the USPS facility for almost the 15 days required before they return to owner.

So if they try and miss delivery today, I'll call the USPS facility and see what I can do to get them to hold it until I return. It should be possible (I don't see why not), but I hate to make my Santa wait after all the effort they put in to ship this precious thing to another country entirely.

You did a fine job, Santa, it is the postal service that is letting us down!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Heads up for Santa!! Coworker is selling barely played copy of Dragon Age Inquisition, for the PS4, for as low as £25! I would have to be crazy to not snap it up!.

Ii also started Days of Future past and incredibly, managed to see it :razz:
    The bane of working nights and never seeing day.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    It's a new day, it's a new ...
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

Santa strikes again! This time in digital form. Clever, Santa. Clever ... Getting with the times, you mad old dog, you. <3
    You nailed this one, by the way.

5ZlYWgc.jpg

I too love the taste of raspberries. I don't suppose you actually saw my playtime on the original game, did you? I look forward to spending some time with this tonight and on the weekend. :D Thank you so much!
    Also, while I think you have indeed confirmed who I believe you are, I'm not telling anyone until you're finished. I mean, why should I horde all the suspense for myself?

Ah, Santa, there is light at the end of the Post Office! They are open the 24th, and I swing by my home before I fly out that day, so if anything, I will just try to pick it up at their office on the 24th. I think that'll work!

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ]GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

THOvnp3.png

Sniperguy shoots me right in the free time with this gift! Now I don't even have time to bathe anymore!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Got back home from my 6 week class and checked the mail. Nothing yet, but we still have some time.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    A wild box appears! Loki and Sif are sent in to investigate.
    7eewc8l271ja.jpg

Amazon gifts, woo!
    ogtobrbw5zaw.jpg

What's inside?
    qc5qh8gmlvv9.jpg
    zgjh4pxxjnkc.jpg

Well picked Santa - I'd had my eye on this exact thing.

Action shots!
    ev573xnzhobc.jpg
    2halfjn7zfcy.jpg

It seems they approve!

uzdox0qsp60i.jpg
    m9lbe5zwifyb.jpg

Ooooo yum! I look forward to checking these out!

8roq6zii74yk.jpg
    67z29v96610o.jpg

It's BMO! Maybe I have a chance of winning this one - I always lose to that damn pig!

Thanks @Beltaine for the awesome gifts!

@aerynkelly‌ You're welcome. I was worried customs would hang on to it and it wouldn't make in time.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    minirhyder wrote: »

Nope. Actually, this is more difficult than intended. I can't actually find any reference to the right code redemption page on Amazon's site; all the help pages just say "click the link in the email!"

Here, sounds like you earned it. :smile:

Moar giftz!

gift.JPG

Thanks Frem, this sounds like an awesome book, I will read the shit out of it.

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dear Santee!

Your gifts are on their way via Amazon. They should arrive before or on Christmas Eve! Hopefully this is perfectly timed and you'll get them right on Christmas. OR they might land a day or two after. Either way, yay!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Ah, Santa, there is light at the end of the Post Office! They are open the 24th, and I swing by my home before I fly out that day, so if anything, I will just try to pick it up at their office on the 24th. I think that'll work!

Just make sure you dedicate about half a day to spend at the post office that day.