As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Singularity Satans 2014

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    So we're still sorting packages here for Christmas since my mom can't follow instructions... but the bf told me he was pretty sure I had a gift from my REAL Secret Satans.
    You see, we got a really awesome cat condo and thought it was from my Secret Satans... nope... from my mom. So I wasn't sure.

Spoiler'd for hugeness and catness.
    2014-12-21121540_zps3d61eabf.jpg
    Hmm... it Couuuulllldddd be a package.

2014-12-21122004_zps5cb77d4f.jpg
    !! I wish I were the Doctor.
    I just got into Doctor Who and love things like this, thank you!

2014-12-21122010_zps429cd786.jpg
    A wand from Harry Potter? HOW DID YOU KNOW?! :hydra: :D:D:D

2014-12-21122023_zps61d95ee2.jpg
    TARDIS sign!!!!!!!

2014-12-21122015_zps1f06ed7d.jpg
    It's hard to tell here, but this is another Doctor Who thing; a lovely poster (I haven't unwrapped it, because the cats will destroy it. I'll get it framed first!)

2014-12-21122018_zpse16c2d2f.jpg

The cats deciding what to destroy next...

Thank you very much... @Sheri! :D:D:D

You are very welcome! More will come after Christmas, once I have finished your scarf! :biggrin:

• Options
    Also that is not just any Harry Potter wand you know!

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Rayze so yesterday I hadn't even really started the eyre affair and today I am halfway through it

is real good book

Hah, another person ensnared!

So far I've gotten you, my husband, and my mother in-law hooked on the series. I'll just make it my own personal Calvin and Hobbes and give it to every satanee from now on

Rayze on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm rushing out the door to go and meet my sister for dinner but my parcel arrived and holy shit this is great

Biggest grin on my face

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Wait what?
    Why associate the concept of singularity with satan?
    They're practically polar opposites.
    Consider me weirded out.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Wait what?
    Why associate the concept of singularity with satan?
    They're practically polar opposites.
    Consider me weirded out.

SE++ was recently renamed from social entropy to singularity engine (I think it was engine) and the SE secret Santa was always called secret satan and that's how this thread title came to life when the threads got moved to the holiday forum.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    but around here we just call it Literalism++

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I received something sinister from the darkest side of the moon...
    nBKLHXrl.jpg

Thank you very muchly, @DaMoonRulz‌! I look forward to plenty of rage induced aneurisms on my return.

I think I'm going to need to do a consolidated post here because since my last post @DaMoonRulz‌ has definitely not relented in his Satanly deeds.

Over the past few days I've checked my email at the end of the day and discovered the following:
    WvDUjBPl.jpg
    XStO2ikl.jpg
    GvckHAql.jpg

Thank you so much, lunar dude. You rock!

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I was just informed that I have a package from Amazon waiting for me at the store. I am very excited!

Just need to close some books and buy some christmas gifts before I can go pick it up.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hail holiday hydra

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    A box arrived and this was inside
    20141222_151504_zpsnuywfett.jpg

As well as a note outing my Satan as @Xaquin‌

You magnificent bastard. The note said this would be my last gift unless a package didn't arrived yet which this is all I've received besides the pizza so I don't know if there is something else or not.

Either way, kudos to Xaquin a Satan of the highest order.

You already got the other package (it was the Batman Posters!)

Merry Christmas sir!

Incidentally, I either have a lifelong friend or a sworn enemy at that pizza place lol

Oh yeah, I blanked on that. You're the best you magnificent bastard!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    A box arrived and this was inside
    20141222_151504_zpsnuywfett.jpg

As well as a note outing my Satan as @Xaquin‌

You magnificent bastard. The note said this would be my last gift unless a package didn't arrived yet which this is all I've received besides the pizza so I don't know if there is something else or not.

Either way, kudos to Xaquin a Satan of the highest order.

You already got the other package (it was the Batman Posters!)

Merry Christmas sir!

Incidentally, I either have a lifelong friend or a sworn enemy at that pizza place lol

Oh yeah, I blanked on that. You're the best you magnificent bastard!

I got some cards custom printed a while back to bring to PAX.
    If you ever want to get some blank cards, let me know and I can tell you where to go!.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Miss @DirtyDirtyVagrant‌ (who has taken an extended leave from the Penny Arcade forums) would like to thank the mystery gifter who bought her a rice cooker. There was no note or wrapping but she's very excited about it!

rice cookers are amazing, though my favourite use for mine isn't even rice

it's setting the timer and having hot apple cinnamon oatmeal porridge ready when I wake up in the morning

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I got another notification of a mystery package waiting for me across the border!

I will have to go pick it up on Monday, so if you sent me something, don't worry!

SAGAT SATAN YOU GLORIOUS SON OF A BITCH

dnd.jpg

Thank you so much for this! Now I really have no excuse but to run those damn campaigns I've been threatening for months.

You guys I'm seriously curious and a little freaked out by this Sagat Satan character. Is it a singular, independently wealthy forumer (seriously, he/she has easily spent 4 figures just on gifts for forumers) who loves spreading cheer? Is it some kind of hive mind christmas conglomerate? IS IT A TAX HAVEN THING?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hashpeep, those books are so good. The art inside is phenomenal too.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    In Sagat Satan's twilight years I want there to be a TV special about how that person has touched so many lives and helped make everyone's holidays that much better.

Then, at the end, the host will ask for all those affected by Sagat Satan's generosity to stand up, and one at a time everyone in the audience stands up.

Music swells, close up of eyes shimmering with tears, freeze frame, fade to black, roll credits.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe Sagat Satan is actually Saint Nick.

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    In Sagat Satan's twilight years I want there to be a TV special about how that person has touched so many lives and helped make everyone's holidays that much better.

Then, at the end, the host will ask for all those affected by Sagat Satan's generosity to stand up, and one at a time everyone in the audience stands up.

Music swells, close up of eyes shimmering with tears, freeze frame, fade to black, roll credits.

Sagat Satan's entrance is announced, the curtain pulls back and a man who is the combination of Kingpin from Daredevil and also The Grinch steps out, lighting a cuban with a hundred dollar bill.

He explains that you all owe him a lot of money since the gifts were loans and he expects monetary repayment with interest and this was all laid out in plain english in that contract you unknowingly signed when you were at the bank back in April.

His army of lawyer footsoldiers flood from behind the curtain wielding their briefcase-sub machine guns as Sagat Satan's laugh grows to a cackle

• Options
    Sagat Satan reminisces about the greatest cage fighter of all time, Iron Fist Satan. When asked what happened to him, Sagat Satan replies, "He retired...and became me."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Sagat Satan reminisces about the greatest cage fighter of all time, Iron Fist Satan. When asked what happened to him, Sagat Satan replies, "He retired...and became me."

dramatic-chipmunk-o.gif

• Options
    Who doesn't love that gopher?

• Options
    And then All-American French Guile let's you know "Chu've lost chur balls" and gets in his boat and goes down the river to kick that sonuva bitch M Bison's ass so HORD , that the next Bison wanna-be's gonna feel it!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Thanks, Forum Gremlins, but it wasn't that good of a line.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Stop everything

Hashpeep is the best name for pipe

I'm never not calling you that, forever

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I, however, will keep saying pipe in the voice of Artie the Strongest Man in the World

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Stop everything

I HAVE DONE A THING!

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I got a thing!
    qLS2Jlr.jpg

It's a böx!

zlJwKlf.jpg?1

At first I was sure the adress said "Satan, France"

LEKn9uO.jpg?2

The böx contained a very shiny book!

Thank you Satan! I love the Zelda games, it's gonna be cool reading about 'em.

• Options
    I THINK I GOT SAGAT SATANNED!

20141223_130320_zpsvbvjtp6r.jpg

I say think because the note says Tiger Uppercut but instead of being from Sagat Satan it is from a real name which I will not divulge here.

I may know Sagat Satan's identity though...or someone else sent it to me with that same message

• Options
    Stop everything

hashpeep.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Well then. Yesterday, as I was walking out the door, I got a parcel. I snapped some quick pictures before I really had to leave, so I'll be able to properly look at them about nowish, but here it all is. Unfortunately, my cat had wandered off into the valley, so he wasn't around for it.

YBLoB0Y.jpg?2
    ObSnQCj.jpg?2

And so, first of all, we have this book. It's about Ivan Orkin, a "middle-age Jewish guy from Long Island", who, in 2007, went and opened a ramen restaurant in Tokyo. He was pretty successful, and since then, he's gone and opened another restaurant in New York, and I think I went there when I was last in New York. It's part memoires, part cookbook, and I am looking forward to this like all hell. Ramen isn't as big a thing over here, so it's really cool having something like this. I'm a big fan of cooking, and I'm going to like this quite a lot.

26DTjrI.jpg?2

The other book was an art book by Ken Taya, who does a whole bunch of really cool things. Yesterday, I was in such a rush that I only really got to have a look at the first few pages of things, but there is a lot of really, really cool art in here.

tearpMz.jpg?1
    gFW5c72.jpg?1
    b0QSE3R.jpg?1

And yeah, that's it. I couldn't find any notes in the box, so I'm still not entirely sure who my Satan was. I do greatly appreciate them sending this all to Australia, and for picking some really, really nice things when I didn't have anything by way of a wishlist. Thanks ever so much.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Oh shit the ramen book has measurements in grams this is even better than I could have hoped

• Options
    Also, because he wasn't there for the opening, here are some pictures of my family's cat

Wri43wZ.jpg?1?3038
    BjMHLkj.jpg?1

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Oh shit the ramen book has measurements in grams this is even better than I could have hoped

That's how it's done in Japanese Cooking.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Another post to my satan: hello! I am not currently at my apartment; if anything is being sent over the holidays and is supposed to be there, please give me a shout. I can head over there to pick up the note/package at the post office. Otherwise I'll probably be back Friday/Saturday and then maaaaaaybe some time next week? (The difficulty is that my carpool driver is off work all next week and staying at my parents' place means I don't need to use public transit.)

Cheers!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh wait, I found the message

E84kDMa.jpg?2

@Robert Khoo‌ This is amazing. We have one pretty decent ramen place that I know of in Sydney, so I know a bit of what I'm getting into, but I am so stoked to have something like this. Being able to cook these things is going to be absolutely great. Thanks ever so much, and I really hope you have a fantastic Christmas. I am grinning from ear to ear now that I've found you message. The art book is also incredibly cool.
    Thank you once again.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sitting at home, wrapping gifts and prepping for to see my family tomorrow when my doorbell rings.

I step outside to see a large brown truck pulling away and a cardboard box on my porch.

I bring it inside to get it out of the rain, and it's a ThinkGeek box! With my name on it!

pFCGfzb.jpg

I cut it open, when a silver shining jewel meets my eye.

Holy FUCK.

s6NZ4kQ.jpg

I immediately grab my old crappy $20 Jansport pack and empty it gladly. It's been okay, but oh man I've been wanting this backpack so badly. So badly.

RHwZlqS.jpg

I don't know if it was from my Secret Satan or what, as there was only a packing slip with a name, but whoever you are, thank you so much.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    @Rankenphile‌ that should have had a note with somethingsomething spinning hypercube somethingsomething former angry disney princess. Oh well!

Enjoy the pack and the book and the aeropress, good sir!

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I most definitely am, thanks! I actually made an amazing cup of coffee this morning and finished the last chapter of the book over breakfast. Loved every page.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So a couple days ago I got a text from my sister saying a package from Amazon had arrived at my parent's house. Like a complete fool I spent two days scratching my head and trying to figure out what exactly I had ordered. Imagine my surprise when I finally got the chance to pick it up today and discovered a gift package with this lovely note!
    tyQruqx.jpg

INSIDE WAS A KINDLE HOLY SHIT
    QAk7arx.jpg

This is so rad I can't believe it! Thank you so much @ceres!! I can feel myself falling into perdition already!

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    I also succumbed to the joys of ereaders

It really just means I can read more books now!