As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC Secret Santas 2014! [24/24 POSTED]

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yep yep stuff that i like somehow cool

Color or Color scheme: blue/orange/red
    Animals: armadillos, bears, anything particularly fat and/or stupid looking
    Characters: Idris Elba (I know he's not a character, shut up)
    Movies/Books: Tolkien, Gormenghast, Alice in Wonderland
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Chicoblue

uh ... hey look Secret Santa just draw something you wanna draw! Have a blast!

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Okay fine, I updated mine

• mullymully Registered User regular
    here I am!

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: purple, green. but overall I like really stormy colours - dark oranges, greys, rusty reds .. storms. is flannel a colour?
    Character(s): amethyst from steven universe, grunkle stan from gravity falls, totoro from totoro, LSP from adventure time, pinkie pie from MLP
    Movies/TV: MLP, Gravity Falls, Fight Club, Reservoir Dogs, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Trek: TNG
    Games: Fallout 3. Skyrim. State of Decay. Final Fantasy 7 8 9 13
    Animals: birdies.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: No clue where to even start with that one.

||Other||
    General interests: resumes. excel. analysis. data. flannel.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: see avatar. imagine with red hair and 2 blue stripes. bingo.
    Link Avatar/persona character: see avatar.

• The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Clear crisp day in the dead of winter Blue/White/Gray, civil twilight during the onset of Fall Green/Orange/Blue.
    Character(s): The Hound from GoT, Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, Solid Snake, Malik from Human Revolution, Red from Transistor
    Movies/TV: Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Ghost in the Shell, Metropolis (Osamu Tezuka version), Mushishi, District 9, Moon.
    Games: Metal Gear, Shadow of the Colossus, Transistor, SMT: Nocturne, Ace Combat 4, Killer 7, God Hand, SNES Sim City, Destiny
    Animals: Cats, ferrets, chinchillas, servals. Despite my handle I don't really like rats. I do like hamsters.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Rembrandt, http://warwickjohnsoncadwell.blogspot.com/, http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/, the whole Akira Manga by Otomo.

||Other||
    General interests: Graphic design, indie rock, whiskey, cooking, biking, cyberpunk anything.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: I'm on the far right: i.imgur.com/SgYPjzZ.jpg
    Link Avatar/persona character: Old dude on my avatar is just some sketch, not my persona or anything.

• Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
    The first submission is in! I'm expecting a tidal wave of post-apocalyptic proportioned art.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I really need to get this done. I sketched out an idea but haven't done anything since. Let's try to make this a 100% delivered year!

• lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    Iiiiii just realized I never filled this out and now I feel like a jerk! Though I really just want my Santa to have fun and enjoy what they're making, here's a little something to go off of if you still need some ideas!

||Favorites||
    Character(s): Jim Woodring's Frank/pupshaw
    Movies/TV: The Fall
    Games: lately Fez
    Animals: beetles, tapirs, anything kinda funny looking, pretty much can't go wrong!

||Other||
    General interests: biology/animals/anatomy
    Link Photograph/self portraits: the most recent picture of me because it was taken right now- just for you, Santa! http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/lyrium/fersanna.jpg
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Lotsa lil' guys on my tumblr, have at it https://www.tumblr.com/blog/lcatherwood

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'M RENDERING AS FAST AS I CAN GODDAMNIT LEAVE ME ALONE SANTA GO AWAY

• TamTam Registered User regular
    yeah jesus dude
    I'm gonna need all of tomorrow to finish my shit too
    so get off me you great jolly fiend

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    I am dumb and for some reason this whole time kept thinking the 23rd is Christmas Eve, not Christmas Eve Eve. OOPS

Nearly done! Finishing touches and uploading tonight after work! Happy Christmas Eve Eve to all!

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Santa has a pretty shitty and vague calendar.

• SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    Just finished! Hope the giftee likes it. :biggrin:

Super excited to see what comes from my vague interests post haha.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    mine will be a day late due to my monumental idiocy in making a level 1 Photoshop mistake
    came back to finish it up only to realize I saved it at a hilariously low resolution this morning
    so
    I'll make it up to you somehow, Santee

• RenielReniel Registered User regular
    why am I being forced to come here instead of being able to view my regular forum topic? insufficient holiday cheer? bah-humbug!!!!

There comes a time in everyone's life where they will look back on the things they have done, who they have helped and who they have forsaken, their goals, dreams, ambitions, successes, and failures.... and then trip over some shit because they were looking too long and forgot where they were going. aint life grand?
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    put me in the bad kids corner, as my brains went "christmas eve eve" and procrastitransitioned it into "christmas eve" also! I will have it in before the big day, I promise!

• SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    ill be done before christmas eve for sure, i think

Whew. All finished up.

Had to sort of do a Frazetta'd background, but I think it turned out alright.

Done! PMing mine to Santa now!

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Done! Sent!

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Frazetta'ed backgrounds are the best though. Look at this shit. It's just fucking floating up there lol.
    silversanta.jpg

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    I'm finishing mine up today as well, I may do another one (or fix this one up more) in the next week or so for my santee as I'm not super happy with how this is turning out.

SENT! It was pretty fun to draw. (:

Am I the only one a little surprised by the lack of complete entries?

This may be a by product of finally completing mine on time though haha.

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Sublimus wrote: »
    Am I the only one a little surprised by the lack of complete entries?

This may be a by product of finally completing mine on time though haha.

I definitely had too many irons in the fire this year, but it's almost done! Artists are definitely perfectionists so procrastinating to the deadline doesn't surprise me at all.

I did it. It's done.

The remote pacific coast of Canada has shitty internet access but I'm uploading the ones received so far!

I think I sent a CMYK version. I hope that wasn't a mistake

edited December 2014
    @melting_doll you can send an RGB one and I'll update it!

Secret Santa on
    Shit's posted.

OMG. These are ALL AMAZING

Almost all of the missing ones have contacted me and are accounted for, so a few more days at most.

These are great! Thanks Santa!

I don't know who did Iruka's but its super adorable.

Awww. Tiny little Mully on a chocobo.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Ngh I don't wanna spoil these on crappy phone internet, but I'm so goddamn excited.

Must... hold out til I can get to a computer.

EDIT: YES YES YES

Flay on
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Dooope. Merci beaucoup Santa!

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Aw man! My new raven king is the bestest, thanks Santa :)

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Ah! So good! I love mine! I don't know how to do the heart icon!

I think I recognize the art style, but I can't think of who…

Merry Christmas everybody!

edited December 2014
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I don't know who did Iruka's but its super adorable.

My guess is cybermoneytron?

No clue who did mine, though! :biggrin:

Sublimus on