As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    The Holiday Cheer is strong in this one!

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    This was my first year participating in the Secret Santa and I'm so glad I did. The generosity I have seen throughout the forum tells me that there's way more awesome people in the world than I thought. Hopefully I will be able to do this again next year. Thank you all and Happy New Year.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Not looking likely that I'll receive a gift today. UPS, FedEx, and the mail all already came through my neighborhood. Not a peep from Proxy or anyone else regarding if something is on it's way.

Also sort of bummed that my gift was never acknowledged. It was delivered back on Dec 10th and a message through Proxy confirmed they got it and would be opening it later on Xmas.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Give the latter a chance - some people aren't back from Christmas until the new year. I was almost one of them.

But as to hearing nothing ... that's not great, no. It will get looked into.
    (I'm in that boat in the CF SS, but there've been a few people who acknowledged they wouldn't get their gifts out in time and were working on them)

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    xenard wrote: »
    This was my first year participating in the Secret Santa and I'm so glad I did. The generosity I have seen throughout the forum tells me that there's way more awesome people in the world than I thought. Hopefully I will be able to do this again next year. Thank you all and Happy New Year.

I think your gift will be used most come Feb 2015, When "Little Alure" escapes from Mrs. Alure, and I have to sit with a sleeping baby. Sitting watching Who to digitize it, worth...

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Damnit. Steam finally got me with this years sale. I may have gone a bit nuts (is 6 games all at once nuts?) on the final days...

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Just got an additional gift from my Santa!

Waiting for my phone to charge for a proper Gift post but I just want to say thanks Santa! The gift is very, very cool!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Twelve days of SteamGifts is now over, over two dozen games gifted out! Merry.. something everyone!

Also since S.Gifts never got around to re-rolling the extra pinball prizes, I just decided to gift them all to the original winner. Someone got lucky and nabbed 3 tables.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    May as well take this opportunity to wish a happy new year to my Santa ( @theroadvirus) and my Santee ( @maguano).

And to the rest of you wonderful people too of course. Everyone have a good one!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

Oh wow

My Santa turned out to be @EvilBadman‌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g

I haven't really seen much of him around ever since the glory days of Rock Band ended

His gift showed up a little later than even he anticipated (as you will see in a moment) but man...this may be the most attentive Santa I've ever had

First he leads off with this:

owPEyot.jpg?1

Which tells me that he paid attention to a post I made a few weeks back about how the ending of Back to the Future 2 blew my mind as a kid and is still one of my favorite moments in cinematic history

And then he follows up with this:

YgM5gOz.jpg?1

Alright, alright. The man knows my platform of choice. That's not hard to find out, I definitely walk with a Sony swagger. But it makes me think he was paying particular attention to my posts about how rad the Lego games are, and particularly how your enjoyment of them weighs completely in with how much you enjoy the IP in question - so while I didn't enjoy, say, Lego Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit (because I don't like Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit), Lego Batman 3 was a great call. And almost a little late because I almost picked it up at GameStop yesterday when I picked up a copy of WarioWare: Touched, but something held me back. I'm glad I did!

But hey, you know what? Maybe that was all chance. Maybe he's just a dude that likes to reference BTTF2 often, like I do when I tell people "I think they took his wallet. (I think they took his wallet.)" And maybe Lego was just a safe bet, Lego games are hugely popular and he knows I have a PS4. Maybe.

But then he ended it with this:

2ipX9wC.jpg?1

And here is where he tips his hand that he's an A+ stalker. Because he has to have been following my posts and knows about my checkered past with Miyazaki films. I'd previously seen Nausicaa of the Wind, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke, and didn't really like them at all. I didn't like what I'd played of Ni no Kuni. Miyazaki just is not for me, was my hypothesis. Add it to the list of things I don't like that everybody else adores. But a few weeks ago, I watched Kiki's Delivery Service on the insistence of a friend and really loved it. And then I realized that it had been well over a decade since I'd seen any of those films (Spirited Away was the last, and that was shortly after its release). So I figured hey, maybe my tastes have changed, and it's time to rewatch these. So I bought Princess Mononoke on Blu-ray a couple weeks back. Still haven't gotten around to watching it, but now I'll have another Miyazaki to watch along with it when I do. I've heard nothing but great things about Howl's Moving Castle so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Thank you so much EvilBadman! A truly (somewhat creepily) excellent Secret Santa offering!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Sorry for the tardiness. It's been a pretty busy year.

DrAIFVE.jpg

Where are my crayons?! Thanks, Santa. I know your real name, but not your forum handle. Show yourself!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I totally almost bought my santee dinosaurs with jobs but i got him unicorns being jerks instead! adult coloring is the best!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ZaghrebZaghreb Registered User regular
    To slightly vindicate myself, I did not gift two copies of Dustforce (I love it that much, but I don't feel one person needs many copies :p ) to @Zaghreb‌ , but his second game was OlliOlli. I forget which title you had a bunch of time with, but I thought you might enjoy some rather different score chase game. Those are the ones I put the most time into, and Dustforce in particular is the most beautiful game you will never master. ;D

So, I am a terrible lurker on the PA Forums. I do read the forums regularly, especially G&T, as it affords a type of information about new games that's difficult to get anywhere else. But I rarely post, as I am a terrible poster.

Anyway, here's the correct OlliOlli link:
    QIXr8cM.png

I've now played OlliOlli, and have a vague idea of producing a supercut video composed entirely of me face planting down stairs. With my skill level this should require about 6 minutes of raw footage to cut a 5 minute video.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The most realistic skate video game of all time.

In fact, the player character should just get progressively more hurt until he's replaced with a new kid just getting his first skateboard for his 12th birthday.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    zwayhowderzwayhowder SydneyRegistered User regular
    I can't think of a single thing I would rather do than get totally ripped on a thermos full of these babies while somebody motorcycles me around town and country in an actual sidecar.

So, my wife is a monster and refuses to buy a motorcycle with a sidecar and drive me around town and country just for the sake of this post. I know, I know. But here I am, drinking sidecars from a thermos

Of you're ever in Sydney, hit me up. I've got a two seater sidecar..
    POGUhsO.jpg

Zway
    3DS - 3669-0094-2458 || WiiU/Steam/PSN zwayhowder || XboX lujjan || Untappd zwayhowder
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    I will be posting my gift get post after this party. @cooljammer00‌

Glad to hear your package arrived @UnbreakableVow‌ I went to track it today and Usps had no info.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Well now i know what to send Ante too.

• Options
    I've just got home after a week away to find not 1, not 2, but 3 missed delivery notifications for 3 separate packages, so if my Santa sent stuff via Australia Post (They all seem to be domestic) Hurray!!

I can't pick them up until Saturday as the post office is closed on Friday, and even then may not have time as I have to be at the airport early for a flight to beautiful sunny Oregon. So I may not be able to confirm gift received until the 12th of Jan when I get back.

Zway
    3DS - 3669-0094-2458 || WiiU/Steam/PSN zwayhowder || XboX lujjan || Untappd zwayhowder
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    It's 2015, Santa. Step forward so that you can be properly thanked!

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    @Radiation just sent me a tracking number. I "squee'ed" my pants.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Alright, I'm afraid the magical season is over. Did you get a gift? If so, then you need to have posted photos or at least a fairly descriptive post about your haul. If you have not received a gift or a tracking number, then you need to send Hypatia a PM right now. You should mention whether or not your Santa has contacted you (either via Proxy or personally) and how long it has been since then.

If you are a Santa and haven't sent a gift (or it hasn't arrived yet), then I'm afraid the magic is over and you need to talk to both you Santee and Hypatia immediately. If your Santee hasn't posted photos or even mentioned your gift (and it's confirmed as delivered), then you should also PM Hypatia because that's pretty rude.

Either way, once Hypatia sends me the list of deadbeats and jerkwads, swift punishment for the Scrooges shall shortly follow.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    zwayhowder wrote: »
    I've just got home after a week away to find not 1, not 2, but 3 missed delivery notifications for 3 separate packages, so if my Santa sent stuff via Australia Post (They all seem to be domestic) Hurray!!

I can't pick them up until Saturday as the post office is closed on Friday, and even then may not have time as I have to be at the airport early for a flight to beautiful sunny Oregon. So I may not be able to confirm gift received until the 12th of Jan when I get back.

It is 2015 so I am just going to reveal myself now. I sincerely hope it is my gifts to you, as the expected delivery date was later. Keep me posted and Happy Holidays from your G&T Santa!! I hope you have a safe trip and hope that you can see the before you depart.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    @Arcsyn hit me with Pixel Piracy on steam, yet ANOTHER of the multitude he has unleashed upon me. Was home for the holidays, just got back to my place and saw it. Thanks a ton!

• Options
    It is 2015 so I am just going to reveal myself now. I sincerely hope it is my gifts to you, as the expected delivery date was later. Keep me posted and Happy Holidays from your G&T Santa!! I hope you have a safe trip and hope that you can see the before you depart.

No worries, if it isn't I'll have something to look forward to when I get back. My suitcase is heavy with swag for @DiannaoChong‌ so I probably won't be able to bring it with me.

Zway
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    poisonx wrote: »
    Got my gift, was gonna wait until Christmas but i'll couldn't resist. I'll post pics later this evening. Thank you so much Santa. My gift to my Santa will be on it's way sometime next week. Just doing some minor gift touchups.

@poisonx‌

You're not even my Santee, but you can't just get everyone's hopes up without posting pictures. Not to mention your Santa; they probably put in a lot of work in their gift to you. Post these pictures you talked about almost a month ago!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

Sorry for the delay Santa!

IMAG0994_zpsekx5uhfk.jpg

I was blown away when I opened the gift. The complete comic prints of PA Xmas storyline. I wish I could take better pictures because they look fantastic up close.

I'm trying to figure out how to best display them, I'll try to send you a pic when I do.

Though for that you got yo step forward first!

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    I received a gift from my Santa while I was away for the last few days, I've got one more apparently on the way as well, so I'm going to wait to post that until they both arrive. Woo!

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Sorry for the delay Santa!

IMAG0994_zpsekx5uhfk.jpg

I was blown away when I opened the gift. The complete comic prints of PA Xmas storyline. I wish I could take better pictures because they look fantastic up close.

I'm trying to figure out how to best display them, I'll try to send you a pic when I do.

Though for that you got yo step forward first!

And step forward I shall! The prints were supposed to get to you before Christmas, and the Luchador mask was supposed to arrive after Christmas, sort of a last hurrah thing, but the fates intervened and the prints sat in Denver for an extended period for some unknown reason.

Also. I'm glad it's not 7 copies of comic #7 from that series... the print ordering mechanism here at PA is kinda wonky.

Also! The Henchman costume you made is quite is amazing!

Also Also! Happy New Year Thread!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    A wild Steam Gift appears!

So, my Santa, in previous Steam gifts, hinted at the incipient arrival of a physical box (likely to contain dark chocolate, that greatest of all treasures).

Unfortunately, UPS has let him / her down, and the package did not arrive at the anticipated time.

So, to make up for this - and, I might add, in a completely unnecessary and supremely classy way - my Santa has sent yet another Steam gift my direction.

1xoa5xp7leof.png

I'm finally making a run at completing Bastion, and it is an absolutely amazing game. I'd promised myself that I wouldn't pick up Transistor until after I beat Bastion and, well, now I don't have to! :D

Thank you, Santa!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Hey @msmya, did you never receive your last gift? It would have been an article of clothing.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Hey @msmya, did you never receive your last gift? It would have been an article of clothing.
    @Two Headed Boy‌ unfortunately i haven't gotten anything that's clothing! =(

• Options
    Hm, ok, I'll look into it. This is why I never order anything that isn't from Amazon!

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    By the way my boyfriend and I have been playing the hell out of dominion. He likes it so much he bought the expansion already, it'll get here by game night this Monday :) I've been enjoying my tea at work!

• Options
    Aw, that's awesome! I'm so glad you're enjoying your gifts, I might get Dominion for myself in the near future!

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I definitely sent a thing somewhere, and tracking says it was released from state custody on the 31st. So hopefully santee sees it soon!

edit: PS- I totally didn't mail anyone a felon or a murderer or anything. Promise!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I definitely sent a thing somewhere, and tracking says it was released from state custody on the 31st. So hopefully santee sees it soon!

edit: PS- I totally didn't mail anyone a felon or a murderer or anything. Promise!

You know that was at the top of my list.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Ok! Messages have gone out trying to pin down what's going on with missing persons. Please check your mailboxes or if you're a Santa whose Santee isn't listed on the gift wall as having received a gift, PM me ASAP with some kind of info on your sent gift, thanks!

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    My Santa has definitely been in contact with me regarding the gift he sent. He sent me a tracking number a few days ago and just got in touch with me to let me know there's something for my wife as well. Excited!

I've been fortunate each year to have a great Santa, and it's a bummer that not everyone gets to experience that. I'm hopeful that there's not too many deadbeats this year. There were also couple of gifts that struck me as skirting the 25 dollar rule (though the Santees were able nothing but grateful and thankful), but I guess that's bound to happen as well.

Depending on my finances, I might be able to do the Easter Bunny thing if needed. Will you be announcing how many you need at some point?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I ain't no deadbeat.

My Santee posted that he was gonna post pictures after a party he went to.

Just sayin

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00