As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

I should of did this a few weeks back, Lots gone on on the home front.

I came home, soaking wet, after a very blustery rainy work day to see this package at my back door. In it was the following!

6j25j4jgwagf.jpg

Having not played Metal Gear in a long while, this got me a warmed up! And the soundtrack? Full of awesomeness!

Thank you Santa!!

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    That is such an amazing soundtrack.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I've had a tracking number proxied to me! Giftage has cleared customs and will probably arrive here in a few days time. Thank you, Santa!

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Thanks great thejaxx! I've been eyeing the Revengence soundtrack on vinyl for a while, but it doesn't look like it's going to drop in price.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Well I've put my Christmas decorations away, and stopped playing Christmas music, and finally cleaned house. And while cleaning I found a note from Santa I must have overlooked in my haste and excitement the day I opened my gifts! The note mentions how I like to guess at my Santa, but gives me the information necessary to find out for sure. I'm proud to say I sleuthed away and guessed correctly without the help!

Thanks again @Prime for a wonderful package of gifts. I'm still eating away at the chocolate!

And thanks as always @hypatia for putting on an awesome show. You absolutely rock, each and every year.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

Woot! A package JUST arrived at my door, delivered by the stalwart workers of the United States Postal Service. It weighed so much that my wife said someone sent me bricks!
    PyGKOAA.jpg?1

Hmm...this seems to be some pretty heavy paper! Maybe those Andes peeking out of the corner are some new kind of super-dense chocolate?
    jfgWbDS.jpg?1

Holy Hell! No wonder it weighed so much! It had the entire TARDIS in it!
    mN2RpM2.jpg

This thing is AWESOME! The picture doesn't do it any justice at all. It's about 4" tall and weighs 2 and a half pound! If i had to guess, I'd say it's carved/molded out of Bismuth! It's all rainbow shiny and super cool! @Radiation, this is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to clear off the fireplace mantle of stupid christmas stuff so we can put it on display with the rest of our Doctor Who bits!

Edit: To be clear, this is the second present, the first being a copy of Kerbal Space Program, which I promptly used to nearly kill a brave Kerbal. I'm still working out the whole "Put more rockets to send them into space" thing...

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »

Woot! A package JUST arrived at my door, delivered by the stalwart workers of the United States Postal Service. It weighed so much that my wife said someone sent me bricks!
    PyGKOAA.jpg?1

Hmm...this seems to be some pretty heavy paper! Maybe those Andes peeking out of the corner are some new kind of super-dense chocolate?
    jfgWbDS.jpg?1

Holy Hell! No wonder it weighed so much! It had the entire TARDIS in it!
    mN2RpM2.jpg

This thing is AWESOME! The picture doesn't do it any justice at all. It's about 4" tall and weighs 2 and a half pound! If i had to guess, I'd say it's carved/molded out of Bismuth! It's all rainbow shiny and super cool! @Radiation, this is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to clear off the fireplace mantle of stupid christmas stuff so we can put it on display with the rest of our Doctor Who bits!

Edit: To be clear, this is the second present, the first being a copy of Kerbal Space Program, which I promptly used to nearly kill a brave Kerbal. I'm still working out the whole "Put more rockets to send them into space" thing...

Not going to lie ... When you talked about being sent bricks, I had a flash of someone playing off that "box of rocks PS4" story from the other week.
    I'm glad it didn't turn out to be that. :p

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Whoo! It got there in one piece!
    I was a bit upset the inside didn't turn out like I hoped. I'll keep giving it a go. I wasn't able to send the other part I was working on (because it wasn't finished). But I was really happy to get you as a Santee! You've been super awesome at gifting and was hoping I could get you something special! <3

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »
    I was a bit upset the inside didn't turn out like I hoped. I'll keep giving it a go. I wasn't able to send the other part I was working on (because it wasn't finished). But I was really happy to get you as a Santee! You've been super awesome at gifting and was hoping I could get you something special! <3

Did you make this? Because that makes it even MORE awesome!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    deveric wrote: »
    I received a gift from my Santa while I was away for the last few days, I've got one more apparently on the way as well, so I'm going to wait to post that until they both arrive. Woo!

Hey, the rest has arrived!

obligatory dog picture

QUdrMb3.jpg

inside the box, another box! and more dog.

eWldCNW.jpg

Oh hey, forbidden desert! I've wanted a good co-op game to play with the wife unit.

veIT095.jpg

And this last box came today, I had no idea what it was, but turns out it was a game!

mjPp2ZT.jpg

Sadly I actually own this (and every ascension promo and the playmat and every expansion and the carrying case and sleeves for my ascension cube), but thanks though!

Thanks @Madpoet‌, hope you had a great christmas!

-Eric

• Options

Yes.
    This is the look I was going for on the inside:
    bismuth_eggs_from_bismuthguy_com_by_bismuthguy-d4rh02b.jpg

• Options

Yes.

So I totally called it on the Bismuth, huh? :) Maybe not here, but somewhere, you HAVE to detail how you made this thing. My friends are all super-jealous (they are all frothing Doctor Who fans) and I'm genuinely curious how one goes about doing this stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yes.

So I totally called it on the Bismuth, huh? :) Maybe not here, but somewhere, you HAVE to detail how you made this thing. My friends are all super-jealous (they are all frothing Doctor Who fans) and I'm genuinely curious how one goes about doing this stuff.

I have posted most of what I do in the SE arts and crafts thread. I have a few more things to try to get the crystals to be actaually decent sized. Will keep that updated as I try things.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular

Allow me to apologize both to my Santa, @cooljammer00, and my Santee @UnbreakableVow‌ for being pretty terrible at posting lately. Work's been hell.

Anyoo, Cooljammer started by perplexing me with a second Cards Against Humanity 10 Days of Kwanzaa. I did the Holiday Bullshit last year, so it was my wife's turn to participate, or so I thought. Day 1 had two envelopes, and I was quite confused. I now own two plots on Hawaii 2!

B5hzfQiCAAAjGdv.jpg

While this going on, my Steam inventory expanded to included Saints Row IV:Game of the Century, Serious Sam 3, Risk of Rain, and I think also Spelunky.

The final gift was a wrestling T-Shirt from an indy wrestler, Dasher Hatfield. I had no idea who this was, but I'm looking into his work now! Also, I am getting a kick out of the Cesaro parody:
    c7eurqtteauj.png

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Dasher Hatfield is basically a baseball player who is also a pro wrestler, who may or may not also be a human baseball. I can't tell if it's just the style of mask he wears or if it's part of the persona, kinda like how he wrestles with the Colony (guys who wear ant costumes and/or may also be ants)

Basically check out Chikara. My gift to you as we enter another month of the WWE doldrums is the gift of knowledge that indy wrestling exists.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    I received a gift from my Santa while I was away for the last few days, I've got one more apparently on the way as well, so I'm going to wait to post that until they both arrive. Woo!

Hey, the rest has arrived!

obligatory dog picture

QUdrMb3.jpg

inside the box, another box! and more dog.

eWldCNW.jpg

Oh hey, forbidden desert! I've wanted a good co-op game to play with the wife unit.

veIT095.jpg

And this last box came today, I had no idea what it was, but turns out it was a game!

mjPp2ZT.jpg

Sadly I actually own this (and every ascension promo and the playmat and every expansion and the carrying case and sleeves for my ascension cube), but thanks though!

Thanks @Madpoet‌, hope you had a great christmas!

-Eric
    Ah well, guess it was too good of a guess then. :( I'll figure out how to exchange it for something.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Dasher Hatfield is basically a baseball player who is also a pro wrestler, who may or may not also be a human baseball. I can't tell if it's just the style of mask he wears or if it's part of the persona, kinda like how he wrestles with the Colony (guys who wear ant costumes and/or may also be ants)

Basically check out Chikara. My gift to you as we enter another month of the WWE doldrums is the gift of knowledge that indy wrestling exists.

Do it!

Though your Santa failed you by not getting you some Jervis Cottonbelly merch.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yet another gift! Supposedly the second-last, too, as another is STILL inbound to my home. Truly, my Santa is generous indeed.

It's been waiting for me at work, so it's at work, I open it:
    3maZYRI.jpg

Hm, ominous:
    qxZBTuY.jpg

Oh, wow, this game:
    9tjrhUV.jpg

One of my girlfriends' family members got this for Christmas, and I was considering picking it up, as it looked really cool. Santa, you're clever as heck!

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Yet another gift! Supposedly the second-last, too, as another is STILL inbound to my home. Truly, my Santa is generous indeed.

It's been waiting for me at work, so it's at work, I open it:
    3maZYRI.jpg

Hm, ominous:
    qxZBTuY.jpg

Oh, wow, this game:
    9tjrhUV.jpg

One of my girlfriends' family members got this for Christmas, and I was considering picking it up, as it looked really cool. Santa, you're clever as heck!

I'm not saying I looked at the address on the box but I totally looked at the address on the box and don't you think AAA has really good pulled pork?

• Options
    I'd panic, but it's a work address that has random fans visit occasionally anyway, so not much privacy is being lost here.

And actually, I've never been to AAA! I had to look up what it is, but now that I have a recommendation, I'm totally organizing an office expedition there.

EVEN MORE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Hanabi is a fantastic game, and even better, is easy to transport!

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Bear is Stalking!

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Now that the holidays are over, I just wanted to give a great big shout out to @Elin‌ for being an amazing santa. Really appreciate the gifts this year, you were amazing. Hope you have a wonderful 2015!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Bear is Stalking!

When I was there they had the Great Muppet Caper on one of the TVs. It is my very favourite place.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    More gifts!

The final salvo from @thejaxx‌ arrived today. A photo story lies below:

3A0D9F65-839A-4F7C-8D14-63C9A996ECA3_zpsoudmi2w1.jpg
    C49E7B48-25AB-4DB4-BC9C-ADD10733CC74_zps9fw33ggz.jpg

0707C738-1946-4BF2-9B41-A56F957A75E6_zpsahxftual.jpg

AE883477-2758-444D-A2A3-A0F9C940B802_zps2g3s4wo9.jpg

B877A33D-8F1E-419A-B064-35162DD181B8_zpsaavg5hft.jpg

DF7B9E16-AE0E-438C-90D9-4E66D30033AF_zpsumpodcbc.jpg

949CC25F-F1F5-452C-B29C-633202263AC3_zpsu6bnyfue.jpg

Hoorah books for the annual novel binge! Truly my favourite bit of Secret Santa is getting books that I'd probably never pick up myself and inevitably really enjoy.

Many, many thanks Santa. It's been great.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Kinda messed up to have your kid unwrap gifts that aren't meant for her, and also they're horror books.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Nah - my kids love opening presents for me. Not only are they helping (that's big at 4), but they're tearing paper off of a thing which they love to do.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Glad the last part arrived faster than I was quoted! Hope you enjoy the books and I expect a book report! j/k

Jaxx
    More gifts!

The final salvo from @thejaxx‌ arrived today. A photo story lies below:

3A0D9F65-839A-4F7C-8D14-63C9A996ECA3_zpsoudmi2w1.jpg
    C49E7B48-25AB-4DB4-BC9C-ADD10733CC74_zps9fw33ggz.jpg

0707C738-1946-4BF2-9B41-A56F957A75E6_zpsahxftual.jpg

AE883477-2758-444D-A2A3-A0F9C940B802_zps2g3s4wo9.jpg

B877A33D-8F1E-419A-B064-35162DD181B8_zpsaavg5hft.jpg

DF7B9E16-AE0E-438C-90D9-4E66D30033AF_zpsumpodcbc.jpg

949CC25F-F1F5-452C-B29C-633202263AC3_zpsu6bnyfue.jpg

Hoorah books for the annual novel binge! Truly my favourite bit of Secret Santa is getting books that I'd probably never pick up myself and inevitably really enjoy.

Many, many thanks Santa. It's been great.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Fedex says I should get my present tomorrow. Which coincidentally enough, is also the day I take a final exam at work (I've been in training for the last two months). If you don't make certain score on the exam, they let you go.

So either the presents are going to be a great cap to a stressful day, or a great pick me up for a horrible day.

Excited to find which!

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Kinda messed up to have your kid unwrap gifts that aren't meant for her, and also they're horror books.

The Rookie isn't a horror book. It's about scifi football rigged by the mafia. The worst thing that happens is that a drug smuggler gets eaten alive by ants. Perfectly wholesome for the whole family!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

The Rookie isn't a horror book. It's about scifi football rigged by the mafia. The worst thing that happens is that a drug smuggler gets eaten alive by ants. Perfectly wholesome for the whole family!

If it's good enough for Indiana Jones, it's good enough for the entire family.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Clearly the Santa's fault for not getting the kids stuff!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Final gift get!
    A hand-wrapped gift?
    egXfTg8.jpg

Oh man, this has been on my wishlist for so long that I'd forgot I added it on there! I was really hype about buying this back in the day. I actually almost bought it on several occasions, but was kinda broke at the time and couldn't justify it. Now it is miiiiine!
    DavzRfD.jpg

And inside, there's a letter:
    minirhyder wrote:
    Dear Dan "Imperfect" Hulton,

You're my second Canadian santee in a row. I've found that shipping around to those parts can get pretty expensive, and frankly I'd much rather spend my money buying you cool stuff than shipping it. As such, you'll see that all the stuff I've purchased was from Canadian merchants sent directly to you. However, I've always felt this was a bit too impersonal, and I wanted to send you something from me that made this unique. Hence the letter.

Now on to the gifts. First let me apologize for the fact that the gifts are a bit disjointed and have come in at a time that's a tad inconvenient for you. This was my fault as I've been dilly dallying with this this year, really for no good reason. Having said that, let's go over the gifts.

I took a gander at your wishlist and saw that you had kinetic sand on there. That's cool and all, but magnets are so much cooler! They stick to things! I myself have been having quite a bit of fun with magnets lately, and I hope you enjoy them as well.

The card game Hanabi has been a favorite since I've been introduced to it about a year ago. Since then I whip it out as often as possible in social settings. A word of warning - don't try to explain how to play this game under the influence. It won't happen. Learn to play first, then enjoy whatever vices you choose.

I saw that you were an avid player of iOS games. I really wanted to fuel this, however, as an American I cannot purchase items from the Canadian iOS store. This made me very sad. But have no fear! Perhaps there will be a Steam related gift in the future! I can't not fuel your gaming habits.

Lastly, I saw that you had V for Vendetta on your wishlist. I also saw that I had v for Vendetta on my bookshelf. I put forth the argument that this isn't really cheating because I already had the novel (for ages, too!) and therefore did not purchase it for you from your wishlist. It's part of the personal touch to my gift. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So. I hope that you've enjoyed my gifts as much as I've enjoyed thinking them up and buying them (hit: it's a lot). Happy holidays and 'til next year!

Okay.

So.

I have to say, I'm legitimately overwhelmed here. Fun magnet toys, a nearly-prescient card game gift, a Steam game I've longed for, and finally, this, a book from your very own bookshelf. Your own book! That you owned! Holy crap!

This is probably the most Christmas cheer I've felt from Secret Santa yet. I'm just...

Just thank you so, so much. This is amazing.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

It's ok, I'm pretty sure one year I sent him a Layton game wrapped in paper printed with the PA comic of "i haf twelve metchsteeks" "Fuuuccckkk YOOUUuu!" so the kids are probably already scarred.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Sorry I'm so late posting this, I've been traveling a bunch. That said...holy shit it's the Destiny art book!
    8MA996h.jpg
    GWWwnSn.jpg

This is awesome! I love the look of Destiny, and was actually considering cosplaying a hunter for PAX or halloween; this is super handy as a reference. Thank you, mystery santa!

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    There should have been a note in the box with my name! You're welcome @dusda , happy holidays!

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Moar giftage has arrived at my door!
    I arrived home to find a very eager girl waiting to 'help' me open it:
    20150105_181755_zps3d673a8e.jpg

Ooh, presents!
    20150105_181901_zps8a4fd7a1.jpg

And a note:
    20150105_181957_zpscc997ac8.jpg

It reads:
    Salutations Mr. Subject!

I'm sorry I've been so slow in getting this second box to you (and shipping across the continent doesn't make it any faster!). I hope you've been enjoying your early gifts in the meantime.

Feel free to open these two however you like. I'm sad to report that I was working on a small painting for you... but it just wasn't coming out the way I wanted it and I was really disappointed. I tend to have a very vivid imagination, but am not quite so artfully inclined as to be able to put such things into physical manifestation and it often frustrates me. :(

BUT! That means instead of having to remove one of these tastefully chosen boxes to put that in... you just get both of them!

[some exposition regarding the contents of the package, here, moved below to go with the images]

Hope you enjoy these new games. And have a merry new year (since... ya know... late and stuff)!

Happy holidays

It is signed with what I can only assume is my Santa's userpic. I WILL FIND YOU SANTA!

The square one. Present-based excitement holding:
    20150105_182307_zpsd46fd3ce.jpg

A little rip n' tear:
    20150105_182346_zps4925d9cb.jpg

And inside: pure glory! It's Blood Bowl Team Manager: The Card Game!
    20150105_182423_zpsa457be93.jpg
    From the note:
    You mentioned liking medieval history/culture as well as games so... you get both! It's medieval fantasy football! If you aren't familiar with Blood Bowl, it's awesome. It's basically classical fantasy teams (orcs, elves, humans, etc) playing cheaty football against each other. The original game is a big Games Workshop box with miniatures for each team that you buy. This is a slimmed down card version that seems to be well received. It also has a couple expansions if you really like it and want new teams.

Thank you Santa! I actually had a friend that played the original BB growing up, so I'm kind of familiar, despite only having played it a few times, long ago. This looks like it'll align perfectly to my schedule and interests. Much appreciated!

Next, the not-square one. Still excited:
    20150105_182557_zps817f434f.jpg

Within: expandy goodness! Specifically, the Guilds expansion for Dominion! (Some disappointment here, from the wee lady, now that the presents are all unwrapped.)
    20150105_182748_zps651abbc4.jpg

From the note:
    I see on your list of games that you already have Dominion and one expansion (which leads me to believe you enjoy it). So here, HAVE ANOTHER! Hmm... you are in Canada. Hopefully these English language cards will work fine for you?? Whatever, welcome to 'MERICA!

Santa, you're a mind reader. I spent a bunch of time over the holidays playing Dominion with my brother and soon to be sister-in-law, and I was thinking to myself that I needed to grab another expansion for it. Thank you so much!
    (English language stuff is fine, of course - I'm fully anglophone. I just like to put extra "u"s in some of my words.)

All this on top of the awesomeness already sent! I'm floored.
    Now I just have to discover who you are, Santa, so I can call you out in front of everyone, and they'll see how goddamned nice you are. Seriously, you're awesome.

EDIT: @Custom Special‌ please step forward and claim your accolades as a frickin' awesome Santa.

Also... a big thanks to @Hypatia‌ for bringing us all together again this year. Best. Community. Ever.

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

When we went to visit my brother for Christmas my 3-year-old nephew opened everyone's gifts for them. He knew they weren't for him but had fun tearing.off the paper and helping.

I don't think that's messed up at all.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options

That was the gift that arrived before hand. The fantasy lego set for both Jam and his daughter to enjoy.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    @darunia106‌
    Another gift arrived yesterday, but with no card or anything. Is that from you? I ask because it's the X-Wing expansion Imperial Aces, which is what you gave me. Did you order 2 copies? And if so, was it intentional or an accident?