As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to [ArcheAge], Level 55 here we come!

davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty MeatshieldPanhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in MMO Extravaganza
Craft, Claim, & Conquer

ArcheAge is the ultimate free-to-play fantasy-sandbox MMORPG. Build massive castles and lay claim to lands whose riches fuel a deep, player-driven economy. Band together to protect your fortune in epic siege battles and naval combat – or live the life of an outlaw, prying glory and coin from foes left in your wake.

Or fight the click spam bots! (We have been told this is rectified with a 5 second timer, I guess it works, I still can't win any land grabs.)

Available: Now! For Free! Or you can pay, if you want the myriad benefits becoming a "Patron" provides. Such as:
  • BONUS EXPERIENCE
    Get a 10% bonus to all Experience gained through questing, combat, and labor usage.
  • PATRON QUEUE
    Receive priority queuing when entering the game.
  • FASTER LABOR
    Double your Labor Point regeneration to 10/5 min!
  • AUCTION HOUSE LISTING
    Get full access to listing and selling items on the Auction House.
  • MAX LABOR BONUS
    Increase your maximum Labor Points to 5,000.
  • OFFLINE LABOR
    Earn Labor Points (5/5 min) even while you’re offline.
  • BONUS CREDITS
    Receive 10% bonus credits with the purchase of any Credit Pack.
  • LAND OWNERSHIP
    Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses!
  • LOYALTY TOKENS
    Get 5 Loyalty Tokens when you log in each day. Redeem them for special items at the in-game Loyalty Store!

You can learn a lot from the official FAQ!

You can give Trion/XLGames all your money (you won't be alone, I promise)!

There are plenty of streamers. The most popular, I think, is Kooncoon. He is on the Korean servers, which have been out for some years already. He is profane and hilarious, I especially enjoy when he goes open world PVP.

Speaking of servers, the majority of the penny-arcade forumers are in a guild on Ollo. We have a pretty good core group of players that are consistently on throughout the day. So join us! We even have a channel on ye old TeamSpeak.

Shamelessly stolen from @Jubal77‌ 's old OP (come back, by the way, you fool!):

Bullet points:
  • The entire world is shared. The entire population builds, gathers, lives in one large world.
  • Not limited on class creation. Over 100 combinations of classes. Swap classes at any time on your first character.
  • Almost no restriction on player building. If you want to be a plate wearing, two-hand axe wielding, caster you can.
  • Old-school style world travel. Teleporting is expensive.
  • Player driven world PVP. You can attack anyone, even your own faction, rob and steal to your hearts content. With little restriction.
  • Player driven economy. Grow materials in your own personal space, craft and sell.
  • All XP is shared. If you craft or gather the XP goes to your base level.
  • Quests are everywhere!

Some resources:

http://arche-base.com/ for your spec building needs.

http://archeage.gamepedia.com/ArcheAge_Wiki a wiki!

VERY helpful guides for resources and where to go to get those important early resources (Farms, Donkey):

First Farm and Donkey:
http://archeagefurniture.com/small-scarecrow-and-donkey-quest-walkthrough-west/

Larger Farm:
http://archeagefurniture.com/large-scarecrow-quest-walkthrough-west/

Additional links!:

http://www.archbroker.com/ For your buying and selling needs of land and buildings, so you don't have to deal with Faction chat! I actually successfully purchased some land using this site, so it works 100% of the time for me. :+1:

http://www.archeagestatus.com/ Are the servers up? Why are they down? Lots of useless and useful information here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/ *sigh* occasionally there is good info here, beware the trolls.

Our guild, in game, is Merchwater, Inc. and we are awesome. My main is Xixi. I can invite, but you'll probably have to give me all your gold, just introduce yourself here and/or on our guild website that we don't use nearly enough and/or on Teamspeak.

Merchwater, Inc. has officially merged with the guild Elysium. Join us! You can apply to the guild here. Although our charter guild is no longer, we still have plenty of active members and with the merger with the larger friendly guild, we have a much better opportunity to partake in the end-game activities. Did I say Join Us yet?
Rilke wrote: »
The Merchwater banner flies high!

luz3x48owg3l.jpg
b1mpquievuga.jpg

Ahoy! All ye mateys are be apart of me merry band!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update to "Secrets of Ayanad" is live Tuesday, March 9, 2015. Get your Level 55 info!

Also, here's a guide to making your beloved Obsidian weapons.

davidsdurions on

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Reserved because that's what the cool kids do.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    @Premier kakos‌ How about that land? :)

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Already land begging in this new thread before that new thread smell begins to fade.

Tisk tisk.

• Options
    Some things never change.

• Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    War, the Halcyona war never changes.

• Options
    Except the East have been actually winning it.

• Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Kooncoon restarted on Ollo East. He was in Halc earlier today according to a non guilded buddy running around there.

Jagmas on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I saw that. Jackass has like 300k gold on that character last I saw too.

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Yeah I saw that. Jackass has like 300k gold on that character last I saw too.

I wonder if that gold selling place he has a code for (ie use his code for discount) sponsors him so he can buy whatever he needs for maximum op-ness. I saw him repping them back before the meltdown, lol.

• Options
    Of course they do. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a server farm behind that white wall on his stream running trade run bots either.

He's still entertaining to watch though. "Fuck shit fuck shit fuck fuck shit kill this asshole." That was the last two minutes of audio from his stream just now. :)

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I think I am done with tradepack runs for the foreseeable future. With 2 16x16s and a 24x24, I BARELY have enough labor to harvest everything everyday. Pack runs are just too much work for the reward. I have been selling Milk and Eco fuel on the AH for the last month and have been making a pretty nice chunk of change with minimal effort. Made 100g just last night from about 10 minutes of work. The trick with the AH is to avoid listing things in stacks that total more than about 20 gold. I sell stacks of 20 EcoFuel and 200 Milk. I make sure my stuff is always on the first page of the AH and even if it's not the lowest price, they sell super fast because I divide things up properly.

• Options
    We zombied our way through hasla tonight. We did a good job taking and keeping out spot with just three of us and by the end of peace we had a good sized group, all merchwater. Good times.

That rift at the end started wearing us out though. I've nearly gotten all classes to 50. I'll be so happy when that is done and I can really start figuring out what class I want to do and gearing that properly. I'm thinking I want to do archery - songcraft - witchcraft because I like each one individually. But I'm not sure if the mix well yet.

Still need that 24x though.

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'm still trying to make final decisions on class too. Archery is effective for dungeons and in mass vs. mass pvp but I find it kind of dull. I'm also super vulnerable to ganking out on the seas. I've been playing some darkrunner/shadowblade and it's a lot more satisfying, and fantastic for farming mobs, but still squishy and at Halcyona/Crimson Rift I mostly just stand around being useless. Think I'm going to try Blighter next.

Mandres on
  • Options
    TaterskinTaterskin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So my patron ended today and it reset my labor to zero. Bye bye 5k saved up labor! Also my 8x8 in Lilyut Hills will be unprotected on Jan 5. If anyone is interested in taking the spot, let me know.

I'm Tinks in game.

Taterskin on
  • Options
    TaterskinTaterskin Registered User regular
    So my patron ended today and it reset my labor to zero. Bye bye 5k saved up labor! Also my 8x8 in Lilyut Hills will be unprotected on Jan 5. If anyone is interested in taking the spot, let me know.

• Options
    RhimeRhime Registered User regular
    Hello everyone, In reference to the OP, I can also invite to the guild. Fun times with the Merch!
    Happy New Year too.

• Options
    Ugggghhhh. I spent an hour in Hasla with a random group. I willingly signed up for conviction and got a ton of tokens. Yay, right? Nope! I actually wanted compassion but spaced it out. Ugggggghhhh.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    We merch your merch.

YSQIrWr.jpg

So we were off delivering some packs to Villanelle. On our way in we picked up another red (Rage) merchant ship along the shore. So we go in and turn in our packs and respawn our merch ship and still notice he is there. So we despawned our ship and stealthed onto the mountain. After a minute they take off and we jump into the water and spawn harpoons and the hunt is on.

Achilles had his up first as we had to go back and pickup a member who went overboard. We began chasing after them and lost sight of them. Just as we spawned our merch to get radar again Achilles spots their merch coming around the island at ynystere. We go to cut them off and they head west and get around us then start heading due north. We burn some eco and begin chase. We finally catch up to them a little ways out from freedich and we managed to slow them down. They were able to shake us (I fell off our merch ship :( ). We manage to regroup just as they got to freedich and we met an outcry galleon cutting us off from pursuit. They brought the merch ship around to the north side of the island and ran it aground omarked it and started unloading into an outcry hauler.

We regrouped on the beach and at this point they outnumbered us at least 2:1. One of them ran out to us and we were sure he saw us so we dropped him quick, then they ran at us and we fought for a little bit, downing another and losing cata and Achilles. Hex, myself, and mandres managed to escape and restealth and we noticed the merch's owners mark was about to expire. Mandres and hex head to the merch ship while I stayed ashore.

As soon as hex and mandres were ready to take the boat, I destealthed and ran at the enemy group (which had swelled to over 15 maybe 20ish) on the shore hitting some of them, teleporting forward then shadowstepping to another before dropping into the statue of nui (becoming invincible) behind them. At this point hex and mandres have taken control of the merch ship and are pulling out of the beach. The enemy notices the merch ship is moving and me and Achilles charge them again jumping on their lead players rooting them in place before we die again.

Hex and Mandres were free of the shore and were bringing it around to take it south. Outcry and friends were spawning harpoon ships to give chase. We had 10 minutes to get far enough away. Achilles cata and I were in different locations unable to assist the escape anymore. Hex starts gunning it with eco fuel and they manage to get quite a distance on outcry and their allied eastern guild. Once 10 minutes was up, the ship despawned and hex spawned his merch and they started loading packs. They managed to load 7 of the packs that dropped into the merchant ship before the enemy harpoon clippers caught up, hex took off but was a little slow on the gun and one of the harpoon clippers managed to latch on.

Mandres commenced dropping chaff (spawning ships to break the rope) and managed to break the clipper but one enemy managed to board the ship. Mandres fought that person till they dropped off then hex was home free.

Meanwhile as outcry was chasing our merchant ship, there were packs still in the water from the despawn we couldn't pick up. Achilles casually pulls up, spawns his fishing boat then loads up 4 packs (3 in boat one on back). From there it was smooth sailing to port.
    oh and the dude claiming he was on the wheel? He could have owners marked it himself if he was really there, but he wasn't. He jumped off the ship as mandres and hex destealthed.

Draygo on
  • Options
    Epic high seas shenanigans. Excellent work.

• Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    This is the sort of thing that might pull me back into Archeage

• Options
    We try to do this sort of thing every night. More people active, higher chance of it happening. :+1:

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Hehe, that was an awesome heist. I was giggling like a schoolgirl the whole time. Pirating the pirates ftw!

• Options
    Client update up. Servers still down. No patch notes. Hrm.

Don't forget, land grab today!

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    so how are we feeling about the game now? I have 7 days of patron left and I'd hate to renew for 6 months only to have everybody bail in the next 3 or something...

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    I am desperately close to my goal of getting a farmhouse, so I'm still in for a while for sure. I have fun with pretty much every aspect of the game.

@Premier kakos‌ i'd love to do a land transfer anytime now. Pretty please!!!

Also, chronicdose...i know some nearby 8x8 spots if you just want to move yours over in the same area. It would be really helpful! I'll pay for reconstruction if neccessary.

• Options
    so how are we feeling about the game now? I have 7 days of patron left and I'd hate to renew for 6 months only to have everybody bail in the next 3 or something...

I'm on a month to month. There is a patch hitting this month that should have some nice things in it that's worth sticking around for at least.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Client update up. Servers still down. No patch notes. Hrm.
    Probably just disabling the holiday stuff.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nope, still present.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I still play, but I rarely get involved in guild activities anymore. My labor reserves are never high enough to go fishing anymore. Keeping up with all these animal pens is really spapping my labor.

I saw a post on the official forums suggesting the devs reduce labor costs from skill rank up to, like 70%. I can totally get behind that because husbandry is a killer.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So I want to be a pirate. Where do I sign up?

• Options
    @Moridin889‌ if such things haven't been done yet, catch an officer (like me!) in game for an invite with your character name. Might find someone faster in teamspeak possibly. I'll be on in an hour or so for a bit. In-game is "Xixi", feel free to friend me too.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Options
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I still play, but I rarely get involved in guild activities anymore. My labor reserves are never high enough to go fishing anymore. Keeping up with all these animal pens is really spapping my labor.

I saw a post on the official forums suggesting the devs reduce labor costs from skill rank up to, like 70%. I can totally get behind that because husbandry is a killer.

Weve been doing activities that require no labor. While fishing requires labor jacking packs from reds and pvping the other sides rift event do not. :).

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    That_Guy wrote: »

yeah I pretty much have to pop a labor pot if I want to do anything labor involved... my 7 dairy pens cost me about 1200 labor. Thankfully we barely ever go fishing anymore.

Reddit was extra poisonous today what with the whole Slothgate 2015 shenanigans.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    This little guy didn't stand a chance.
    xO5gvk4.jpg

Also, I need Prima's land so bad. Someone needs to yell at Prima to give this land.

• Options
    @Moridin889‌ Did you get your invite? Have to be in-game to receive it, just in case.

• Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    Haha I love it. It does dancing and many other emotes with you too.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    @Moridin889‌ Did you get your invite? Have to be in-game to receive it, just in case.

Haven't been back on yet. Been a bit busy. Should be on tonight after work

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Whichever one of you is Xixi, I saw your sloth. I'm waiting for the war to start again in Hasla and I'm going to kill you and take it from you.

>_>

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Whichever one of you is Xixi, I saw your sloth. I'm waiting for the war to start again in Hasla and I'm going to kill you and take it from you.

>_>

No chance!