As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

1596061626365»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hypatia says there are naughty Santees who didn't post gifts, but we have zero deadbeats.

I hate to see the last faint remnants of the holiday season fade away, but all good things must come to an end. Let's all give another round of applause for @Hypatia's tireless work year after year!

PROXY SHALL RETURN

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hypatia! Hypatia! Hypatia!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Zero deadbeats! Woooooooooooooooo!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hypatia says there are naughty Santees who didn't post gifts, but we have zero deadbeats.

I hate to see the last faint remnants of the holiday season fade away, but all good things must come to an end. Let's all give another round of applause for @Hypatia's tireless work year after year!

PROXY SHALL RETURN

What is thy bidding, my master?

..err wait, are you banishing me to the freeze-0-tron for the year?!
    IT'S SO NICE AND COLD I LOVE IT!
    But I also miss everyone. :(

Proxy the Elf on
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    I do not, in fact, have any fancy pictures of gifts. I had been holding off for a while to see if there was going to be anything else arriving, as is my wont. I tend to have a fear of early-posting for some reason.

I had received 2 humble bundles as an initial salvo. Within a week, I had noticed a package from Thriftbooks and I did not recall ordering anything (I was between book-purchasing sprees at the time), and found that it contained a copy of the second volume of the Preacher series, quite a lovely gift. I do not have a picture at this point as I didn't think to take one at the time and I have since given it to a good friend, as the Preacher series is so lovely that I actually have had the whole thing for quite some time.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    The Santa who keeps on giving @testsubject23‌ has sent me a parcel via Amazon! I was a little confused as I'd ordered a DVD for my mum a couple of days ago and it was gift wrapped - I'm easy to confuse!
    Then I saw the note!! Woo, it's a game for my 3DSXL, it will be coming to London with me tomorrow and keep me company at the hospital whilst I'm having tests done :)
    It's Fantasy Life, which I've never played before, but looking forward to!

Thank you @testsubject23‌ for my very lovely gifts :) xxx

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    In somewhat of a late christmas miracle, I finished my website! It's like I'm actually a professional in my field once again!

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, LewieP's Mummy, you are going to LOVE that game.

I generally prefer my games to be like 20 hours because then I'm getting bored, but I've sunk 75 into that (very optional, you don't HAVE to spend that much time) and I'm STILL having fun.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    One more gift (I am tardy posting this picture):
    RTBOUZP.jpg

@minirhyder‌, you are full of generosity this year! I used to have a set of the ball magnets forever ago and damn near wore the coating off them.

Thanks to you, yet again!

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It finally arrived!
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

I was notified of a package in my box... I rushed out to get it, hoping it wasn't more Amazon items my wife ordered.
    IMAG0193.jpg

An epic space battle erupted on the surface of the package. No wonder it's so beat up.
    Only two of the air pockets were un-popped... that poor package went through a lot to get here. Also, FOREIGN FOODSTUFFS!IMAG0194.jpg

Lurking below the amazing goodies was a letter, written in the ancient way.
    IMAG0195.jpg

Many foodstuffs, and many packs of Magic cards were found within! The whole shebang:
    With photobomb from youngest daughter.IMAG0196.jpg

We're going to crack open Ticket to Ride Saturday night and have amazing snacks! Thank you so much Santa! (My wife started drooling when she saw the actual truffles)

And the pulls from the packs!
    I've started building Tiny Leaders decks, the format has been blowing up around here. These pulls are going to help imensely! Notable cards: Anafenza, Xenagos (planeswalker version), Temple Garden, Hallowed Fountain, Boros Reckoner and Ash Zealot. The Commander decks are going to be a huge help with that as well. Thanks so much again!IMAG0197.jpg

Now please reveal yourself!

E: After some astute sleuthing it appears my Santa is @Chen! Am I right?

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Awesome! Also I grew up at the yakota base! Hope Okinawa is treating you well!

Santa, I've read through deadly class and the wicked + the divine so far. They're both awesome. The acid trip issue of deadly class is probably the coolest visual I've ever seen in the medium. It's a gonzo road trip in comic form

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Stroooooopwafels! ::grabs::

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Many foodstuffs, and many packs of Magic cards were found within! The whole shebang:

Is it weird that the first thing I noticed was that you have a large number of sandwiches there?

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Man, Ticket To Ride is incredibly fun. Awesome giftage there!

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Dyvion wrote: »
    It finally arrived!

I was notified of a package in my box... I rushed out to get it, hoping it wasn't more Amazon items my wife ordered.
    IMAG0193.jpg

An epic space battle erupted on the surface of the package. No wonder it's so beat up.
    Only two of the air pockets were un-popped... that poor package went through a lot to get here. Also, FOREIGN FOODSTUFFS!IMAG0194.jpg

Lurking below the amazing goodies was a letter, written in the ancient way.
    IMAG0195.jpg

We're going to crack open Ticket to Ride Saturday night and have amazing snacks! Thank you so much Santa! (My wife started drooling when she saw the actual truffles)

And the pulls from the packs!
    I've started building Tiny Leaders decks, the format has been blowing up around here. These pulls are going to help imensely! Notable cards: Anafenza, Xenagos (planeswalker version), Temple Garden, Hallowed Fountain, Boros Reckoner and Ash Zealot. The Commander decks are going to be a huge help with that as well. Thanks so much again!IMAG0197.jpg

Now please reveal yourself!

E: After some astute sleuthing it appears my Santa is @Chen! Am I right?
    Phew. I thought it'd never arrive. It literally took a month to get there! I'm awfully sorry for the delay. I'm not very punctual I'm afraid (LewieP's Mummy can attest). Hope you like the gifts! Enjoy Board Game Saturday!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

The last of my gifts arrived just the other day. This has truly been a marathon Christmas!
    9kxcxfow1m25.jpg

Another wild Loot Crate appears! This one looks wilier than the last. REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!
    ogq8x3o0wztx.jpg

A veritable smorgasbord of nerdly delights! A Space Invaders tie that I cannot wait to wear to the office, 8-Bit Sunglasses that look straight outta Regular Show, Comic Note Book which will make meetings with vendors sales reps considerably less boring, a retro NES cart come to life figurine, a Loot Crate button (naturally), and.. by Chewbacca's mustache, it's the new Star Wars #1! Not pictured: a bitchin Voltron t-shirt that my wife immediately claimed for her own and ran off with.

Thank you @cornell .. let it be known that you are a righteous dude!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    @cardboard delusions‌
    MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS
    plzsanta.jpg

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    @cardboard delusions‌
    MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS
    plzsanta.jpg

Giants got 2 and so long as Pete Caroll doesn't win I'm happy. Cheers!

• Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    sorry for the late response, I had posted pics earlier but I guess they were never posted in the gifts thread.

2e3c37459794d2954f4ae8b096c30afa_zps24e0c8mm.jpg
    05a6188d0a964d3704f9e7497d16a322_zpsnirnqlwz.jpg

got a graphic novel, some candy, and a nerf blaster

poisonx on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    And Far Cry 4 from the look of it. Awesome!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    I have one last Secret Santa 2014

The last of my gifts arrived just the other day. This has truly been a marathon Christmas!

My Santa was the ever-awesome @LewieP's Mummy During the Christmas season she was a bit under the weather, so her usual gift of a painting was delayed. She was gracious enough to post the progress on her blog, and I got the finished work the other day!
    I eagerly opened the box to find a bonus gift: ENGLISH CANDY to act as cushioning! There was also a VW Bus mug that I forgot to take a picture of by itself, but you can see it in the top right.

18868524720_fc1ecd7710_z.jpg
    Penny arcade goodies by Cameron Talley, on Flickr

Finally, here is the painting itself! This is by far one of the coolest presents I have ever received! Huge thanks to @LewieP's Mummy for this smashing gift!

18868515620_83f3250ea6_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade painting by Lewie P's Mummy by Cameron Talley, on Flickr

Anyway, this was definitely worth the wait! Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness that is awesome. Well done @LewieP's Mummy!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Wow, that drawing is beautiful!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Mother-of-God.jpg

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    She's making us think cool, wintry thoughts in June

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I just saw this and freaked out, "What month is this?!"

Very cool painting. Super jealous.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Grove wrote: »
    I just saw this and freaked out, "What month is this?!"

Very cool painting. Super jealous.

I saw the thread and thought it was slightly early for signups.
    I see signups are not happening and I can't (legally) start stalking people yet.
    I am disappoint.

Still though, that painting is rad as hell!

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    @LewieP's Mummy is the holy grail of Secret Santas.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky