As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to the [Superhero] Thread, give us your Aquamanpinions

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    But the current Batman storyline is awesome. The last page of the latest issue was great

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    Flash ep 10
    so am I to infer that captain cold and heat wave probably know how to build their own freeze/heat guns?
    The cold gun was stolen from STAR Labs, but it's possible he studied it and figured out how it's built, but I don't think Snart is supposed to be a science guy

No idea where the heat gun came from

Here's what I am thinking;
    Pied Piper made those guns. He is going to join the Rogues, where he fits very well, and make them new guns, better ones!

Really the only problem I have right now is that Heatwave doesn't really seem like a Rogue, he's too crazy and the Rogue's are more professional, but whatever. I could definitely see Captain Cold and Pied Piper working together, though.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my one complaint about MODOK fight club is that I don't see a MODOK wearing galactus' hat

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Flash ep 10
    so am I to infer that captain cold and heat wave probably know how to build their own freeze/heat guns?
    The cold gun was stolen from STAR Labs, but it's possible he studied it and figured out how it's built, but I don't think Snart is supposed to be a science guy

Pied Piper made those guns. He is going to join the Rogues, where he fits very well, and make them new guns, better ones!

Really the only problem I have right now is that Heatwave doesn't really seem like a Rogue, he's too crazy and the Rogue's are more professional, but whatever. I could definitely see Captain Cold and Pied Piper working together, though.
    The guns were pretty explicitly made by Cisco, or at least the cold gun was and I have no reason to believe the heat gun also wasn't because that seems like the sort of thing he would do.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Flash ep 10

Cisco said he invented the cold gun, I doubt he lied.

I think Heatwave and Cold will be able to create some rudimentary versions of their guns, if nothing else. There's a pretty high chance of them teaming up with Piper though, and he'll definitely up their ante.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    SW-BATTLEWORLD-Tease-ffa03.jpg

The first issue has 1602 Punisher vs. 2099 Iron Man, and Stokoe says his story involves the Egyptian version of the Silver Surfer.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That, uh, that's a real weird looking gun you've got there FrankenCastle

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    SW-BATTLEWORLD-Tease-2-a41b1.jpg

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    2099 or 2020?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    But the current Batman storyline is awesome. The last page of the latest issue was great

I was actually just about to ask this, because I like Snyder but I don't care about the New 52 Joker at all

• Options
    Battleworld looks

well

it looks fuckin insane

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

I was actually just about to ask this, because I like Snyder but I don't care about the New 52 Joker at all
    You're going to be pretty happy about the beginning I think
    he is revealed to have fixed his face and been working at arkham under disguise and alias.

I actually really like this idea for the joker and while it probably is a red herring I kind of hope it isn't.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Flash ep 10

If I'm remembering correctly, from my experience that's kinda how Heatwave is in the comics, too. He's so obsessed with fire that he gets carried away.

That might have been thanks to Geoff Johns, though.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I have just been reading the ultimate FF issues that are available on unlimited

what the fuuuuuuuck

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

what the fuuuuuuuck

Which ones? Bendis wrote the first arc, then Warren Ellis, then Mark Millar, and finally Mike Carey.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options

what the fuuuuuuuck

I imagine there's a reason it only lasted for six issues.

• Options
    Flash ep 10

If I'm remembering correctly, from my experience that's kinda how Heatwave is in the comics, too. He's so obsessed with fire that he gets carried away.

Just kind of feels like the Rogues should be professionals with a code of conduct, and Heatwave doesn't seem to be that at all

But I guess they want to play up the fire and ice thing

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    SW-BATTLEWORLD-Tease-ffa03.jpg

The first issue has 1602 Punisher vs. 2099 Iron Man, and Stokoe says his story involves the Egyptian version of the Silver Surfer.

I'm really hoping that's a non-powered Wolverine I see there

Like, just wearing claw gloves, been aging since his first appearance

• Options
    Oh you mean the Fialkov UFF book.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

what the fuuuuuuuck

Which ones? Bendis wrote the first arc, then Warren Ellis, then Mark Millar, and finally Mike Carey.

Bendis and millar actually wrote that together. It's interesting because the arc contains none of their tics. They round each other out in a way that makes me think the world would be better served if they were required to work together.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Flash ep 10

Just kind of feels like the Rogues should be professionals with a code of conduct, and Heatwave doesn't seem to be that at all

But I guess they want to play up the fire and ice thing
    Yeah, he's not actually a good fit for the Rogues, but he's great for introducing the idea

He makes a good foil for Captain Cold, essentially, and allows Cold to explain his whole thing

If eventually the Rogues form and have more members and stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to see an episode where Heatwave goes rogue and both Flash and the rest of the Rogues are trying to take him down

• Options

what the fuuuuuuuck

Bendis and millar actually wrote that together. It's interesting because the arc contains none of their tics. They round each other out in a way that makes me think the world would be better served if they were required to work together.

Dialogue still seemed very Bendis-y in my view.

• Options

what the fuuuuuuuck

Dialogue still seemed very Bendis-y in my view.

I may be exaggerating. I remember it feeling like an improvement overall though.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Who's the priest with the Ms Marvel sash?

• Options
    So, this is the saddest thing I've read all day
    Was the Ultimate Universe always an important part of this?
    Hickman: I think that Ultimate stuff that Esad and I did is one of the best things I’ve done at Marvel. It was unquestionably a failure, but it wasn’t because the book wasn’t good, it was because it was the same time the New 52 came out. Our #1 issue came out the same time DC launched a bunch of New 52 number ones. It got completely crushed under a wave of product. That was a bummer, because the one book that I wanted to do when I started at Marvel was the Ultimates, and do it in a way where I’m basically building in the Ultimate universe. There’s only three other books coming out in the entirely Ultimate line, so you’re not constrained by continuity in the same way that you are when you’ve got 60 other books coming out in the regular Marvel line. I desperately wanted that book to succeed. I would’ve done that book for years.

You want to talk about an ambitious plan for what I wanted to do, that had some crazy stuff that was gonna happen. But the book was a total failure, because we just got crushed. So yeah, I’m absolutely looking forward to doing some of that stuff again. But that illustrates some of the stuff I’m talking about, where sometimes you just get to play in the Marvel universe or the Ultimate universe. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t work, but it’s always good stuff to try.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's magneto

specifically, house of m magneto

Kilroy on
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Magneto from House of M

• Options
    edited January 2015
    wxtHFt0.jpg?1

Kilroy on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    James Stokoe can do no wrong.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    I love that Magneto costume so much

• Options
    Depending on how the Battleworld stuff winds up eventually, I'd love to see Marvel just give Hickman carte blanche to create a new "ultimate" style universe from scratch. It's a shame that alt-universe stuff apparently doesn't sell well.

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    wxtHFt0.jpg?1
    Alright. The medals just looked like a cross.

• Options

I'm not digging it on the Battleworld cover though

Which is a shame, it's one of my favorites

It looks too karate on the Battleworld cover I think

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Straightzi wrote: »

I'm not digging it on the Battleworld cover though

Which is a shame, it's one of my favorites

It looks too karate on the Battleworld cover I think

I was about to call him "Iron Priest", because the black and white clothes looked kind of like a martial arts cassock and the medals looked like a cross.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    tumblr_mwgt4cOctV1syb85xo5_1280.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So, this is the saddest thing I've read all day
    Was the Ultimate Universe always an important part of this?
    Hickman: I think that Ultimate stuff that Esad and I did is one of the best things I’ve done at Marvel. It was unquestionably a failure, but it wasn’t because the book wasn’t good, it was because it was the same time the New 52 came out. Our #1 issue came out the same time DC launched a bunch of New 52 number ones. It got completely crushed under a wave of product. That was a bummer, because the one book that I wanted to do when I started at Marvel was the Ultimates, and do it in a way where I’m basically building in the Ultimate universe. There’s only three other books coming out in the entirely Ultimate line, so you’re not constrained by continuity in the same way that you are when you’ve got 60 other books coming out in the regular Marvel line. I desperately wanted that book to succeed. I would’ve done that book for years.

You want to talk about an ambitious plan for what I wanted to do, that had some crazy stuff that was gonna happen. But the book was a total failure, because we just got crushed. So yeah, I’m absolutely looking forward to doing some of that stuff again. But that illustrates some of the stuff I’m talking about, where sometimes you just get to play in the Marvel universe or the Ultimate universe. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t work, but it’s always good stuff to try.

DC'S SINS CONTINUE TO BE LISTED

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah Hickman's Ultimates was really good too

fuck you, DC

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    That Frankenstein's hideous amalgamated corpse monster on that cover appears to be wielding Frankenstein's hideous amalgamated pistol

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    That Frankenstein's hideous amalgamated corpse monster on that cover appears to be wielding Frankenstein's hideous amalgamated pistol

That's Franken-Castle aka the Punisher after he died.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I wonder if the black nail polish came with the corpse amalgamating or if Frank spent time painting and blowing on em

This discussion has been closed.