As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Secret Santa and Cryptic Cards Teamup: Crisis on Classiest Earth

167891012»

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    brb, stealing Kerbals

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Finally got back from my trip to taiwan early early Friday but didn't have a chance to see if any packages had come in until this evening. As a matter of fact there was one, from Shapeways. Which sounds like some kind of diet company but it's not! Inside the package were two important pieces of the illustrious Kerbal Space Program, Gene and Jebediah Kerman. My words when I figured out what was in the package, "fuck yeah!"
    GWMHA4e.jpg

I couldn't find a letter or anything so I don't know who it's from but thank you very much, mystery Santa.

I'm sorry about that. I thought I had added a card when I submitted the order and I didn't.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Oh man. This thread popped up in my notifications thinger and I realized I forgot to acknowledge super awesome Card Dude, @Gim!

basically I have been running around trying to cram as much not-working into my vacation time as possible. Bah!

Gim, your reason for being "late" is just about the best idea - - I am a little sad you felt like you had to rush it out the door, but I also totally understand that feeling! - - and I seriously think I might be terrible and borrow that idea for a thing, actually.... (if I do, you totally get full credit for the inspiration)

You are the classiest cryptic carder, Gim! Thanks for making my day merry and bright!

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yaaaay.... santaing!

So my santa was syndalis‌, who... for some reason seemed strangely interested in what I was doing on my last trip to NYC before heading off the to parts southern. To make a surprisingly long story short, my gift turned out to be a shopping spree at hands down the most impressive bookstore I've even been in, The Strand, and what has to be a comic book/geekdom store of nearly equal standing, Forbidden Planet.

bzpmogs0ez87.jpg
    Swaaag!

Closeups spoilered for not getting my kneecaps broken by a passing mod.
    znsjobaptg6p.jpg
    Yay! The femininish sci-fi!

cf3lm0thhvnz.jpg
    Holy crap that book that one person's avatar is from! It sort of pulls you in with the hilarity, and then lets loose with some seriously surprising feels. So good.

om0zmsi50ps1.jpg
    Aaaand the first book that will grace the first bookshelf in the my first grown up home. Teh score.

Also, Netrunner.

In addition the was food and booze and much rejoicing was had.

Thanks you so much; you rock. This was a great start to what I hope is going to be an amazing year.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    "Also netrunner," he says nonchalantly. The audience, however, understood this was momentous, regardless of any previous acquisitions.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The Hyperbole and a Half book helped get my teenage son through some pretty dark depression. I adore that thing. :)

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    The Hyperbole and a Half book helped get my teenage son through some pretty dark depression. I adore that thing. :)

DEPRESSIONTWO8.2.png

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    RMS do you know if everyone has been gifted yet!

• Options
    I need to dredge through the thread and tick the list.

Meanwhile, if you've received stuff, post about it!

If you haven't received stuff, contact me!

If you haven't sent stuff, also contact me!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    How's Bone treatin ya RMS?

• Options
    On that note, I should follow my own advice and post about the stuff I managed to collect today!

First, a nifty and interesting card from North Montana!

x3GpCkE.jpg

IchmXMG.jpg

You're very welcome, @Nova_C!

• Options
    Secondly, the second half of @nexuscrawler‌'s classiness has reached me!

FeHJHNH.jpg

I contemplated buying Volumes two and three of Bad Machiney, but decided against it. Dodged that bullet!

Many thanks again nexus!

• Options
    (I've finished book one of nine so far. It's pretty cool.)

• Options
    hmm thats interesting. I didn't order bad machinery at all......

Guess they make a packaging error and you got an extra gift!

• Options
    No, they were two seperate packages. BM came from UK Amazon.

A mystery!

(Not much of one, I suspect I know who got it. Thank you for the toons though!)

• Options
    (I've finished book one of nine so far. It's pretty cool.)

It changes tone and direction like 5 times but only gets better as it goes on.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I am still working on my final santee gift. I have already gifted, but this one thing has become the bane of my existence. So sorry, santee. If it isn't completed by the end of the week, I'll reveal what's done so you know what's coming.

That sounds threatening.

It is not meant to be.

:-P

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    @Nova_C - Holy shit dude! I just got back from a full on day of travel to find an amazing assortment of wonderful gifts waiting for me - thank you so much! Seriously thoughtful stuff! I'll come back around tomorrow and post some proper pictures when I'm less bleary eyed and travel wrecked, but for now thank you thank you thank you! :D

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    I finished the last gift! W00t! A person will soon be surprised with a gift and a reveal! Be prepared!

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Picture time! Spoilered because holy crap lots of gifts...
    First, a very cool card that I'll probably end up framing because that illustration is incredible and just the sort of art I love:
    ALhYed6.jpg

Speaking of art, next up is a rad coffee table book!
    Hd6Tl6b.jpg
    It's a collection of really neat writings, sculptures, and illustrations from a number of Inuit artist ladies! This is exceptionally cool, as I know next to nothing of Inuit culture, and it looks like there's a wealth of information by and about each artist featured. I haven't had time to properly read much of it yet, but I did find this incredibly awesome little dude sculpture:
    ZrUB3sH.jpg

Also included was a beautiful glass Christmas tree ornament!
    eup7giQ.jpg
    Definitely going to put that on the tree next Christmas.

After that came an imposingly massive box of chocolates (such a huge selection that a handy key was included!):
    JS1bwxc.jpg
    This was particularly great, since I came back from a rather long trip and had pretty much nothing edible in the house last night. Mmm chocolate binge...

But wait, there's more!
    SDW8scw.jpg
    From left to right:
    A killer steampunky flask, so that I may become more of "an ill-ass Lemony Snicket up in this bitch."
    A cool star wars plushy millennium falcon!
    Two incredibly awesome SNES controller coffee cups (love these so much!)
    And a hysterical Princess Bride pint glass that may or may not be coated in iocane powder (inconceivable!)

Finally, as if all this amazing stuff wasn't enough, shipped separately was an amazing (and huge) Zelda: Wind Waker vinyl stained glass decal:
    WbzJ0dk.jpg
    This thing is incredible. So I picked up a wiiu a month or two ago, and made a post in G&T talking about how I was trying to get into Wind Waker. I absolutely love the game's art style, but haven't had time to actually play more than an hour of the game itself. This thing is right on the money with that - the detail is really awesome, and it conveys exactly what I immediately loved about the game's imagery. Now I just need to find a worth place to put it!
    In summary, @Nova_C is an absolute prince. Thanks so much duder. I can't tell you how much coming home to all this great stuff did to lift my usual post travel/holiday funk. I'll get a proper thank you card in the mail asap, but until then, thanks man.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    You're very welcome and I'm super happy you like the gifts!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    @N1tSt4lker your final gift has arrived Yay! Thanks so much! Check out this sweet handmade stuff

kdy32zegfus9.jpg

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    omg! Those are adorable!

• Options
    Yay! I'm glad you like them! So sorry it took so long. :-/

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    So is that an official close for everyone?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I... I just found a package that I didn't open for Christmas because I am a dumb.

I'll be making a post later tonight

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So @stevemarks44 -- this kind of fell behind the tree, then fell behind stuff as we packed the tree up, and then was uncovered a couple days ago.

So first and foremost, apologies for taking this long.

41k7bw0eyica.jpg

But, oh god... I dunno if I want to be that drunk...

cfxjl2s0t19q.jpg

But Whiskey, Bourbon and Rye are a few of my favorite things...

468mhidhg6a6.jpg

3bsh2iw5evlg.jpg

And I agree with these rankings! So yes, I will enjoy the hell out of this book, and strive to check off every bottle in here at some point.

Thank you for my boozy bafmodad/fetch quest!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...