As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: Onto a comical new season

RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
edited October 2019 in Social Entropy++
SGsAlwv.jpg
Welcome to the pony thread! Where we have intellectual discussions about what drives us to watch colorful pastel ponies teaching us morals on friendship. Or we can argue at each other which pony is best pony...
We got season 5 coming in Spring 2015, MLP Movie sometime in 2017, Equestria Girls 3 sometime soonish, excellent comics by amazing artists/writers and the Collectable Card Game!!
FAN ART!!
lore_s_chosen_hero_by_cyanaeolin-d82nwjq.jpg
every_day_with_you_a_new_flower_blooms_by_my_magic_dream-d8896zu.jpg
equestria__come_and_heed_us_by_harwicks_art-d89hx17.jpg
fall_frolic_by_coggler-d87fcyl.png
mistletoe_luna_by_lovelyneckbeard-d8b66c3.png
turn_that_frown_upside_down__by_verulence-d86hjcp.jpg
sweetie_bot_by_symbianl-d84bwvu.jpg
Ground Rules Still In Effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rP5SDvyKI
No questionable art/stories/shipping/etc. We do not condone any sexualizing of the characters. Yes, we know The Internet does it. The Internet does that with everything. If people want to prejudge here based on there, that's their issue, but this thread is to be devoid of such content.

No linking to full episodes, with the exception of The Hub's website which has an episode or two plus a bunch of clips. The full series (including new episodes as they air) is available on iTunes. Season One is on DVD as well as Season Two, Season Three and Season Four. If you're not in a country where they offer it there, pester them until they do, I guess. Oh yeah, seasons one, two, three and four are now available to stream at Netflix. There is also a pony movie which most people thought was alright. It's on DVD and Blu-Ray if that's your thing. There's even a better sequel to that movie on DVD and Blu-Ray. Both can also be viewed on Netflix.

Past Threads:
Friendship is Magic: Rarity Goes Overboard. Derpy Hooves is Still Canon
Friendship is Magic: Mild west dances, Pinkie Pie! MILD west!
Pony Thread III: Friendship is Magically Multimedia
Applejack's Wholesome Small-Town Apple Orchard
PonyThread Q: To Be Continued...
Pony Trek VI: The UnDiscorded Country
MLP: FiM: Transmuting Fanon Into Canon Since 2010
MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic
MLPFiM: Season 3 November 10th
MLP:FIM: The show is now ruined forever (or not)
MS Pony Adventures: Shipping Is Magic
MLP: Season Four airs in Brovember.
MLP: Half the ponies, twice the excitement! Season 5 in Spring 2015!!!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
Riokenn on

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The SabreMau still burns...

YL9WnCY.png
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    I wonder what page we'll get to before the season actually airs.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ah, that new thread smell. Needs some Luna.

1.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgRkOlLSfgc

I also picked this up from We Love Fine at Pax South
    mythical-nightmare-moon.jpg
    I also wanted the Discord version of this but they ran out in my size :(
    But I did pick up the fear and loathing shirt instead so its all good.

edited January 2015
    New comic day and all that jazz, the start of the Everfree-Goes-Crazy arc.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have deer and they are basically elves:

L7Wvm48.jpg

Ruldar on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

I think we can reach a compromise.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »
    New comic day and all that jazz, the start of the Everfree-Goes-Crazy series.

Oh man, that last page.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man, deer. So awesome!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I've seen a couple of scans of the issue and is it correct to feel that both sides in this story's conflict come off quite poorly?

edited January 2015
    PMAvers wrote: »

I think we can reach a compromise.

EDIT: Oh, good, someone made a smaller version that fits the file-size.

UZkp07F.gif

Oh, damnit, I thought I was editing my post not quoting it. VANILLA! *shakes fist*

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    In other news, card news!
    Absolute Discord is planned for early April.
    New mechanic : Chaos. Chaos is a mechanic that triggers when a card is revealed as flip. Once it's revealed you can use the Chaos portion of the gametext.
    Discord Mane Character
    - Start Side : 3 power. Pink. Home limit 4. When you play a card, if you played at least 2 cards this turn, turn this card over.
    - Boosted Side : 1 power. Pink. Home limit 4. At the start of your turn, you may look at the top card of any Problem deck. At the end of each opponent's turn, if that opponent played at least 2 cards that turn, turn this card over
    Absolute Discord set is based on the first 4 seasons.

General CCG News:

Enterplay would like to insert every well-known characters as mane characters/friends (that includes bad guys/villains)

Teamwork was a set mechanic, so it'll probably be a bit before it has the spotlight again, but devs will likely revisit it .

No details yet, but set 5, 6 and 7 are planned.

New Friend : Princess Celestia, Fair but Firm - Alicorn, Royalty; 4AT, 2 Blue, 3 power. Text: When this card is flipped, frighten a Friend involved in the faceoff. When this card enters play, you may frighten a Friend.

Mane 6 could be troublemakers.

Celestial solstice was pretty popular, so we can expect Enterplay to continue releasing similar products - there's at least one in the pipeline.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hmm... That Discord... Great way to limit your opponent in the early game.

newSig.jpg
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    I'm really digging this new arc in the comics. The storyline has potential to get a little ham-handed, but so far I'm liking the way it's being set up.

With regard to the cards, the Chaos mechanic actually has me pretty excited! The idea of possibly getting a Chrysalis or Night Mare Moon Mane (And Mane 6 villains) is also really neat.

Discord looks set to wreck face, though. Providing Pink entry on turn 1 is powerful indeed, but the nature of his flip-flopping could make it not as effective as it is alluring... In all, some interesting promise for the upcoming set!

VuIBhrs.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Still waiting for that MLP:CCG app Enterplay.

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Even though it's a pipe dream, I want a way to play the game online too. The local community has dried up, my LGS has dropped the game, and the tournament scene (while accessible) is far too hardcore and over-the-top serious for a player like me. Given that every time I see the game discussed in other locations, someone comments "I'd love to play, but I have no one to play with", you'd think that they'd realize the potential in an online version of the CCG.

But the sad reality is that the team is super small and overtaxed for resources as it is. Hopefully that changes in the near future, though.

VuIBhrs.png
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Ok, that Fluffle ending was worth it.

newSig.jpg
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    4RJJHJj.png

steam_sig.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Idle question that I'm sure someone here can answer: how does one register a secondary tumblr url, if they've already registered one using their email account.

I never actually looked into this, and I keep seeing pony artists refer to primary tumblrs that aren't the ones they were posting from. "Mod blogs", I think they're referred to. Is it really just use a second email, as I suspect, or is there a simpler method I'm not noticing.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Tumblr Settings, Right side underneath your blogs you can create a new blog. No E-Mail required. c:

edited February 2015
    On the right hand side of your home tumblr, there should be a column with a bunch of options (Posts, Followers, Activity, etc.). At the top of that column should be the name of your tumblr, with a little drop down arrow next to the name. Click the drop down arrow, and there should be an option for "Create a New Blog".

Be aware, though, that secondary blogs aren't well suited to some interactions. You can't leave an "ask" from a secondary blog, for example - only the primary one. You can still send fan mail from the secondary blog for some reason, though.

edit: Beaten to the punch!

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Both informative! Thank you!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    So I finally watched EQ2: The BaconHair. I would describe it as "rough". The songs didn't catch me, and the plot featured several headscratchers.
    Like a Speaker Car that happens to show up, really?!
    I still don't much like the human form models either. Can't rate it very high, I'm afraid.
    The Siren's evil secret power was Autotune.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
    Pretty much the only thing I really liked about EQ2 was Sunset Shimmer. She was awesome.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Some folks seemed to like this bit after the credits as well.

Bah, you guys are crazy, Welcome to the Show and Shine Like Rainbows are awesome. I cannot tell you have many times I've listened to them on the soundtrack.

I'm actually scared to look to see how many times I've listened to the soundtrack now. I'm thinking it's probably in the three digits.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Welp. If my Twitter feed is to be believed, apparently there was just an MLP Super Bowl commercial! I didn't catch it myself, but I have to say that was rather unexpected.

XLZ7DlY.jpg

Hopefully EqD will have a link to it shortly.

Edit: It's extremely brief, and part of a larger commercial. Here it is, 35 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azZBnuZR29w

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    OQEjSVb.jpg

steam_sig.png
    UiCEnVj.jpg

steam_sig.png
    While amusing, Rarity is the one with the football cutie marked father, I bet she'd give AJ more of a run for her money than one might expect.

Plus her uniform would look way more fabulous.

newSig.jpg
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    So the show goes off Netflix at midnight so get your binge watching in now folks

While amusing, Rarity is the one with the football cutie marked father, I bet she'd give AJ more of a run for her money than one might expect.

Oh yeah?

ewjkADb.jpg

steam_sig.png
    So the show goes off Netflix at midnight so get your binge watching in now folks

wait, what.

why?

jnij103vqi2i.png

Oh yeah?

ewjkADb.jpg

Or so she claims!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWeTjRda-A

WeLoveFine is teasing a new vinyl figure.
    coming-soon.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love Flutters as much as the next fan. But it's kinda ridiculous to see two Fluttershy figures released back to back. Where are the other ponies?