As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Fancy Dinner 2015 - The Gluttoning

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I'm not looking forward to snowy Boston. Your tiny alleys were tiny enough when they were clear. I wish PAX East were in April again rather than early March (read: Still fucking winter).

What I'm saying is that I'm probably going to stomp over to Marliave in my winter boots and change into heels there because fuuuuuuck thaaaaaat

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    I am severely allergic to alcohol and even being in the same room with it is very dangerous.

So I am going to have to ask everyone to abstain from drinking alcohol or getting anything cooked in or near alcohol.

*posts pictures of red snuggling stuffed camels*

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Organichu wrote: »
    i've actually hacked the paypal account and removed a large portion of the funds paid

you sonuvabitch
    STOP HACKING, CHU

Deebaser on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to snowy Boston. Your tiny alleys were tiny enough when they were clear. I wish PAX East were in April again rather than early March (read: Still fucking winter).

What I'm saying is that I'm probably going to stomp over to Marliave in my winter boots and change into heels there because fuuuuuuck thaaaaaat

I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean this is like a full block and a half away from the Marliave
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPnTmslbPSo

The mayor has asked people to stop jumping from 2nd and 3rd story windows into snowbanks though.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

That's pretty normal for winter boston+nice clothes.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, 15 days?

Seriously?

/gets_fuckin_busy

yep. not really enough time left to work on that bikini body anymore.

shucks.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    I am severely allergic to alcohol and even being in the same room with it is very dangerous.

So I am going to have to ask everyone to abstain from drinking alcohol or getting anything cooked in or near alcohol.

true story

he starts spilling it everywhere

it's p awesome to watch really.

LOL

• Options

fuck i didnt even think about that

HEY @Ludious I HAVE A VALID REASON TO BUY BOOTS NOW! SRSLY!

actually this kind of concerns me, i have no experience dealing with real winter weather. i did one winter in iowa once but i was too little to remember anything that will help me now.

how cold is it going to be?

what do i need to wear?

fuuuuuuuuu

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean this is like a full block and a half away from the Marliave

The mayor has asked people to stop jumping from 2nd and 3rd story windows into snowbanks though.

umm.....

@Ludious srs on the boots?

• Options
    @Hakkekage halp!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    My hotel is on the same block as the restaurant.

I WIN!

• Options
    My hotel is on the same block as the restaurant.

I WIN!

nope

everyone cool stays at custom house

deebs sets up a mini bar in the game room after pax at night, its great

maybe we should start a liquor fund hmmm

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

true story

he starts spilling it everywhere

it's p awesome to watch really.

LOL

Spy!

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options

ok calm, calm. I do not know what Boston is going to be like in two weeks. I imagine some of the snow may have melted by then, or the weather will miraculously warm up in time to clear the streets for the coming of the triumphant nerds. Or maybe they'll get another visitation by the vengeful winter gods. Who knows. Still you probably won't need anything heavy duty since the walking is generally going to be concentrated in a fairly small region, i imagine. My boots aren't exactly hardcore shit, I got them on the spur of the moment at Payless Shoes for $30 on clearance. So, like...aim small if you're going to get boots JUST for this trip. Otherwise sneakers should be fine...hopefully.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

umm.....

Ludious srs on the boots?

waterproof boots are good for snow above three or four inches if you'll be walking a lot

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    though, yeah, if you're walking on sidewalks and stuff it's probably nbd

• Options
    okie dokie

i'll get a pair just in case but nothing too 'spensive

yay i'm learning how to winter!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    For all you stylish ladies (and men, if you like)
    http://www.sorel.com/womens-boots-shoes/

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Do we really not have any vegetarians, koshers, halals, or celiacs?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    is it safe to send pay pals?

• Options
    is it safe to send pay pals?

yes. send as "personal" please. They get weird about new accounts doing businessey things like selling goods and services.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

is this where i tell u lud is veg just for the thrill of pissing him off?

he's still sulking that he isnt getting more of those scallops.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

If he wants to get to the downstairs bar ~30 minutes early, he could split an order of scallops with some people before the main meal as an appetizer...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

ok calm, calm. I do not know what Boston is going to be like in two weeks. I imagine some of the snow may have melted by then, or the weather will miraculously warm up in time to clear the streets for the coming of the triumphant nerds. Or maybe they'll get another visitation by the vengeful winter gods. Who knows. Still you probably won't need anything heavy duty since the walking is generally going to be concentrated in a fairly small region, i imagine. My boots aren't exactly hardcore shit, I got them on the spur of the moment at Payless Shoes for $30 on clearance. So, like...aim small if you're going to get boots JUST for this trip. Otherwise sneakers should be fine...hopefully.

the 10-day forecast calls for freezing temps, freezing rain, and more snow

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »

lol

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

lol

*assuming no more giant snowstorms

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

If he wants to get to the downstairs bar ~30 minutes early, he could split an order of scallops with some people before the main meal as an appetizer...
    us get to dinner early?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Options

i dont know why that would piss him off, but we get a choice of three entrees, and if no one needs the vegetarian hot, wet rice, we can skip it for a more interesting option, like chicken with hot, wet rice!

• Options

us get to dinner early?

i believe in u. come pregame with me and eat scallops

• Options
    Gawd.

They should have PAXs in places that don't hate humans.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Are they really people?

Wait is Jake coming?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

us get to dinner early?

i try :(

i just fail a lot :(

• Options

i dont know why that would piss him off, but we get a choice of three entrees, and if no one needs the vegetarian hot, wet rice, we can skip it for a more interesting option, like chicken with hot, wet rice!

b/c meat?

trust me, he would not be too happy with a veg only dish. hahaha

chicken and rice yisssssssssss :D i need to check out the menu, i dont remember what was on it

• Options
    edited February 2015

us get to dinner early?

i believe in u. come pregame with me and eat scallops

i will try to get him there early

ChelleYeah on

• Options
    I figured Lud ate dinner at 4 pm like all old cranky grandpas

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Gawd.

They should have PAXs in places that don't hate humans.

So you know what has awesome weather in March?

Florida

• Options
    Ewww.

• Options

@Irond Will So we gonna get to chill in a snow fire pit or what

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

b/c meat?

trust me, he would not be too happy with a veg only dish. hahaha

chicken and rice yisssssssssss :D i need to check out the menu, i dont remember what was on it

I think Deebs meant because whatever we say here does not affect what we order at the table. Would just affect the options once we arrive at the table.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Joking aside, yes you will need winter boots for this trip. Even those of us from here are incredibly sick of it and it doesn't look like there's going to be substantial melting before PAX. Its 10F, -5 with the windchill now and the only days projected to be above freezing in the next 10 days involve freezing rain (Sunday, 40) or snow (Saturday, Wednesday, next Sunday). Sidewalks being clear might only mean you won't sink more than an inch into the snow and slush

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+