As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Mid-south. Tennessee. Also I'm on wifi, but that's because I'm on a tablet playing this.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you must be able to turn down gifts

that said if you can't I will hunt down anyone who gives me teemo

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpS2dY9yq-I

Riv continues to be The Best.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Yeah you may as well be East Coast.

East Coast gets shafted since Riot caters to Cali first.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Yeah you may as well be East Coast.

East Coast gets shafted since Riot caters to Cali first.

So it's not my hardware/internet? Just my geolocation? I'm strangely okay with that.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    people still don't ban riven

why

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    There are bigger problems to deal with.

butts
  • Options
    apparently not since she gets fed and decides every single game she's in

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

Riven deserves every win she gets.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

Lets not start on that one again!

So what's gonna be tonights best LCS match? I'm guessing TL vs TIP.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lets look at my last 5 games

1st: victory, 16/4 riven on my team
    2nd: victory, 15/3 riven on my team
    3rd: loss, 22/4 riven on the other team
    4th: no riven cause I fucking banned her
    5th: victory, 11/6 riven on my team

• Options
    How the hell am I ever gonna play this game on the weekends when you keep broadcasting lcs riot?

• Options
    Just play?

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Riven having nearly a 50-50 win rate across all of ranked makes me think that she's not horribly unbalanced, especially when the counter picks to her that do exist are all really uncommon top laners. Most of her counters end up being team fighting.

butts
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular

Lets not start on that one again!

So what's gonna be tonights best LCS match? I'm guessing TL vs TIP.
    I do a What to Watch series on goldper10 and I'd agree the TL vs TIP game should be great. It'd be much better without Piglet though, who plays so selfishly I can't stand it.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Means a couple of things:

There could be several good riven players around your tier
    Your team/enemy team isn't picking champions that are good against riven.
    You just happen to be put in matches with good riven players and its meaningless to predict future matches.

Personally I haven't seen a riven in the last 25 or so ranked matches.

Draygo on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Just because Riven can snowball doesn't diminish Talith's point that Riven has to earn her wins. You have to be straight better than your lane opponent to win most lanes with her now. If you don't want champs who can snowball in your games you better ban Katarina, Zed, and every other thing every game too.

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    How the hell am I ever gonna play this game on the weekends when you keep broadcasting lcs riot?

Go on youtube and subscribe to the channel "epicskillshot" They put VODs of all the LCS games up, usually within an hour of the end of each game. They're waaaay faster at putting them up than Riot is, and I've found I much prefer to watch LCS on VOD because otherwise in games where they have pauses you're stuck watching it live, etc. I also fast forward the VODs past champ select because I don't care to hear all the talking during it and want to jut get in the match, so it takes much less time to watch the games this way.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    yeah man no one earns their wins but riven

what kind of vapid comment is that. everyone has to earn their wins

Jars on
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Wait, what?
    Azingy gets shit on because he took the wrong masteries but Hai gets to have a remake so he can get his?
    What are this?

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options

what kind of stupid comment is that. everyone has to earn their wins

This is so true.
    Draygo wrote: »

Means a couple of things:

There could be several good riven players around your tier
    Your team/enemy team isn't picking champions that are good against riven.
    You just happen to be put in matches with good riven players and its meaningless to predict future matches.

Personally I haven't seen a riven in the last 25 or so ranked matches.

It's not a matter of a "good" riven player it's a matter of people no knowing what do do against her.

As I said last time we talked about this, there is no good riven players. Just people who abuse her animations better.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Wait, what?
    Azingy gets shit on because he took the wrong masteries but Hai gets to have a remake so he can get his?
    What are this?

I believe that you get a remake if it can be demonstrated that your masters were missing/wrong because of a glitch or bug, and not because of user error. Azingy's was found to be user error, iirc.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wait, what?
    What are this?

I believe that you get a remake if it can be demonstrated that your masters were missing/wrong because of a glitch or bug, and not because of user error. Azingy's was found to be user error, iirc.

I didn't look into it further after the game finished, but at the time, it looked to be simply pressure from the situation and Azingy not understanding what to do that caused Azingy to eventually say, "Ok, I'll just play with this."
    e: also, somebody posted a tweet from an LCS player and several other LCS players (one I remember was Dyrus) also commenting that they wouldn't mind the game being remade in consolation. I mean, it's not like Azingy got 10 minutes in and said, "guys...guys. I took the wrong page and it is causing this game to go bad. We need to restart so I can get the right one."

And you are right in how they determine a ruling, I just don't know that it was officially claimed other than the pressure of the situation and possible confusion from the ref.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1754344075/33349987?tab=stats

MPEN galio build is best build. Thornmail damage reflect is OP. also, most damage.

• Options

what kind of vapid comment is that. everyone has to earn their wins

I think the point went way over your head, so I'll try to explain it more simply. Riven, in most matchups loses if the players are equal in skill. Renekton, Darius, Garen, and several others will just shit completely on her if they're even remotely competent at those champs. Common top laners like Lissandra, Gnar, and others can lane against her no problem without feeding her. Kennen's making a resurgence and he too can lane fine and easily against a Riven.

The point is if you think your 5 game sample of Riven's getting fed means a thing then you're just being silly. My last few games with a Riven involved the Riven feeding or just being totally average, something like 1/3 when laning ended and they either got carried or the game was lost for their team. It also doesn't mean anything.

But there's a reason that Vi, Irelia, Nidalee, Lissandra, Kalista, Zed, and other champs are the top bans in ranked and not Riven. Because Riven is a balanced champ who most definitely doesn't auto win lanes and games like you tried to imply.

You should feel free to ban Riven any time you're captain because that's what bans are there for, but there's a reason everybody else will wonder why you banned Riven. Unless you're in challenger and you're trying to target ban one of the Riven mains, but I don't think that's your case.

• Options

As I said last time we talked about this, there is no good riven players. Just people who abuse her animations better.

Riven is balanced around the idea that people are going to 'abuse her animations better'. A lot more champions use animation cancelling to amp their power, which includes the vast majority of ADC's, kalista excluded.

I don't think you can defend the position 'there are no good riven players', it's just completely absurd.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Met Morello and saw Gypsylord at PAX East. Morello was super-nice. Oddly enough they were all camped out in the tabletop area playing games.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Met Morello and saw Gypsylord at PAX East. Morello was super-nice. Oddly enough they were all camped out in the tabletop area playing games.

Find KateyKhaos and high five her. She's awesome.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options

Riven is balanced around the idea that people are going to 'abuse her animations better'. A lot more champions use animation cancelling to amp their power, which includes the vast majority of ADC's, kalista excluded.

I don't think you can defend the position 'there are no good riven players', it's just completely absurd.

The way her animation canceling works belong in a fighting game not a moba. She is a cool concept and she would have been a cool champ if she wasn't made for another game.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    your point is bad, which is why I ignored it. yeah sure riven is totally more skilled just like nidalee is totally more skilled. they both have 50% win rates! zed has a 46% win rate, guess we shouldn't ban him. that's lower than riven's win rate.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

The way her animation canceling works belong in a fighting game not a moba. She is a cool concept and she would have been a cool champ if she wasn't made for another game.

Yeah, it needs to be removed, because it's so radically different from how execution of any other skill in the game works. Most cancel/reset skills just instantly attack the current attack target a second time. Only Riven's requires active input.
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Just because Riven can snowball doesn't diminish Talith's point that Riven has to earn her wins. You have to be straight better than your lane opponent to win most lanes with her now. If you don't want champs who can snowball in your games you better ban Katarina, Zed, and every other thing every game too.

It's my opinion that Katarina is the single scariest snowball in the game because of her passive. If she is going off, and ANYONE on your entire team is within her burst range... she can just take out 70-100% of your team's HP on her own in a teamfight with her passive. It's absolute insane what happens when there's a squishy and someone not a tank where she can chain a couple resets - she can end up dropping her QWE three times each in three seconds, and suddenly you have no team and she's spinning daggers into whatever's left.

You absolutely cannot win a teamfight against a fed Katarina unless you have the hard CC to shut her down and break her within the first few seconds. Otherwise she will get at least half Death Lotus off and that alone is enough to let her team mop you up (or worse, she hangs back a bit, and you... either save CC and get beaten up or use it and she swoops in to murderchain you).

She doesn't even have to survive teamfights - she can do so much damage in just a couple seconds.

Of course, this assumes she's ahead and snowballing. If she isn't, she's not going to single handedly delete your team. She's just scary as fuck if she ever gets fed. (Akali is also up there, but she only resets her R and still runs out of energy eventually...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Just because you personally hate how a champion is designed doesn't mean there aren't any good rivens. Other champions have the type of animation resets riven does, I don't see you complain about them.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Best part about TSM-T8 is just the casters talking.

Just because you personally hate how a champion is designed doesn't mean there aren't any good rivens. Other champions have the type of animation resets riven does, I don't see you complain about them.

Who? No one I know of is as stupid as Riven when it comes to it. And don't come with hurr durr Sivir got an aa reset nasus got an aa reset etc, show me one who speeds up an entier combo by cancelig the animations for a massive increase in dps.

And why would I bother with any other champ? Riven is the most toxic one. And really there is no point in arguing about it, I'm gonna keep banning Riven and you wont.

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You can ban all the riven all you want, that's not my point. I have no idea how you can even claim there can be no good rivens. It's like claiming you cant be a good ashe because its lolrightclick.

Riven actually requires less APM than your average ADC. Its more about the timing with riven with the moderately high APM to execute, but your average ADC will be issuing more commands in a fight than a riven will.

Edit:
    Oh a short list of champions with animation cancels:
    Vayne, Leona, anyone who builds tiamat, wukong, sivir, jax, trundle, shyvana, renekton and more. Just riven has the most of them, but its hard to argue that resets are not used by a large variety of champions and its actually pretty fundamental to a lot of champion designs.

Draygo on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    One champion always has to have the most. Riven really isn't a problem champion, either by win rate, matchup, or anything else. She is the type of melee carry which can exist in league, has a high skill cap and a high skill requirement.

Edit: riven more toxic than shaco or teemo or Xin, or ziggs? Puhlease

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    CesareB wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Unsuccessful in my series again.

Nothing like a Malph and J4 who run around scared in a 5v3 until one of them gets pulled by blitz, ults out, and then whines that we weren't watching the slowly splitting top lane.

Why didn't they initiate? "Everyone was waiting"

Haha that's sad. If you don't wanna initiate why are you even playing Malphite, he has basically nothing else.

Well, he has "Punch things once you're on top of them" and "Haha stone wheels" in lane.

There seems to be a sizable subset of people who think he's actually some sort of bizarro-assassin and like to wreq single targets to death at the level I play at.

As a Malphite enthusiast back in beta days, this bums me out.
    When DFG was in the game he could be a legit 1-shot threat. Now, not so much.

• Options
    your point is bad, which is why I ignored it. yeah sure riven is totally more skilled just like nidalee is totally more skilled. they both have 50% win rates! zed has a 46% win rate, guess we shouldn't ban him. that's lower than riven's win rate.

Riven is so good, she transcends LCS picks and bans.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    CesareB wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Unsuccessful in my series again.

Nothing like a Malph and J4 who run around scared in a 5v3 until one of them gets pulled by blitz, ults out, and then whines that we weren't watching the slowly splitting top lane.

Why didn't they initiate? "Everyone was waiting"

Haha that's sad. If you don't wanna initiate why are you even playing Malphite, he has basically nothing else.

Well, he has "Punch things once you're on top of them" and "Haha stone wheels" in lane.

There seems to be a sizable subset of people who think he's actually some sort of bizarro-assassin and like to wreq single targets to death at the level I play at.

As a Malphite enthusiast back in beta days, this bums me out.
    When DFG was in the game he could be a legit 1-shot threat. Now, not so much.

Also when Sotd was in.

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.