As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween costumes yay

Bouncing_SoulBouncing_Soul Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm going to a costume party next weekend, I've been thinking about dressing up as The Crow (from the movie/comic book).

There are some horrible store-bought costumes that I found on the internet, so it looks like I'm going to be making this myself. Anyone have any advice?

Also, I don't have a plan b, so if anyone has any other cool costume ideas I'd love to hear them.

Umlauf.gif
Buy some useless stuff at my Cafepress site!
Bouncing_Soul on

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's a costume party, so you have to wear a costume. BUT… nobody better show up as The Crow! I'm serious. Every costume party there's like fourteen guys come dressed like the Crow 'cause they wanna look hot and hook up. IT'S LAME! If you come dressed as the Crow, you're NOT GETTING IN to the party!

Sorry, I had to.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    MrBeelzyMrBeelzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Damn you Grundlestiltskin, beat me to the punch. Anyhow, the crow is a pretty easy costume, black clothes of any kind with black/white make-up can pull it off. If you want to do it a bit better, go for some sort of shiny pants, like pleather or something, trench coat (same texture), and a skin tight black shirt. Some easy things to add on would be a necklace, and electrical tape on you forearms. Have fun with it, it'll be as good as the amount of effort you put in.
    As far as plan B, Britney Spears.

MrBeelzy on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    I like going up to people dressed as "The Crow" and ask them if they dressed as Robert Smith from "The Cure."

If you want an easy costume, go as Hunter S Thompson. Hawaiian shirt, bucket hat, aviators, khaki shorts, and a cigarette holder with optional butt.

Doc on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Crow is out this year anyways.

All the costumes this year are Harry Potter, V for Vendetta, Star Wars, Generic Gothic Horror, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Carrabean.

Which is horrible, because I wanted to go as a cyborg or something this year. D:

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ouch... well, shows you how many costume parties I've been to. I wasn't planning on hooking up with anyone, I just really like the (first) movie and comic book.

But uh, if everyone always goes dressed like that maybe I should reconsider.

Bouncing_Soul on
    Umlauf.gif
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ouch... well, shows you how many costume parties I've been to. I wasn't planning on hooking up with anyone, I just really like the (first) movie and comic book.

But uh, if everyone always goes dressed like that maybe I should reconsider.

South Park quote dude. Wasn't ragging on you :) I've gone as the Crow at least once, I just don't think I could do it anymore because that episode would make me really self conscious :lol:

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Hmm, I haven't seen South Park in a while, probably why that went over my head.

Looks like I'll be hitting up some thrift stores this weekend.

Bouncing_Soul on
    Umlauf.gif
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    A couple of years ago my wife and I went as characters from Rob Zombie's Living Dead Girl video. I was The Doctor and she was Living Dead Girl. If you're going as couple try that but if alone I think The Doctor still looks cool with the dread wig, glasses, coat and such.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ezcoy-Lz8p4

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    While you'll never have this done to you in any professional event, nothing works better to seal the makeup and prevent it from sweating off or smuding better than a blast from Aqua Net.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!