As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pillars of Eternity: It's out! Reviews are great!

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    As for low level cap: they are planning an expansion, I've already paid for it.

• Options
    sainsain Registered User regular
    A lot of people are losing their shit over the lack of waifus/romances but I'm pleased. One thing that always bothered me about Bioware games is that you don't learn much about your companions until you fuck them, which is really silly.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yup, some characters not having a friend path is really annoying. You can get to know someone without fucking them!

At least in my experience, not everyone may agree.

edit: the best typo

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Yup, some characters not having a friend path is really annoying. You can get to know someone with fucking them!

At least in my experience, not everyone may agree.

An excellent typo.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I like romances in fantasy RPGs simply because to me, a romance arc is a staple of the fantasy genre. I cannot think of a single fantasy series that I have read that had no form of a romantic arc among at least one of the main characters of the story. Its just one of those things I expect in the genre.

That being said, the whole "the romance arc ends when you have sex" thing is really annoying. Sex can be part of a romance arc, but it certainly shouldn't be some end reward.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    There are 8 companions. There are no barbarian, monk, or rogue companions. This might help you pick a class. Though I think you can create NPCs of any class to fill out your party, they just don't have any real writing.

I usually save my unarmed ass-beater run for a second time through the game... buuuut I might make an exception for this and play a monk first thing.

Fire Godlike monk! Either that or a blunderbuss-wielding rogue. Not sure yet.

Pondered monk or barb, but I'm thinking its a Roguerbuss for 1st playthrough....

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Yeah, Shotgun (blunderbuss) wielding rogue has been what I've been planning since I found out you can do that.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I kind of want a gun wielding Wizard, but not sure if you can even make that halfway workable. Guess I'll see!

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    Yeah, Shotgun (blunderbuss) wielding rogue has been what I've been planning since I found out you can do that.

Shotgun rogue?

Now I just need to check out the beard options for my Alpha Protocol "hobo with a shotgun" tribute character to be complete.

• Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    I can't believe this is coming out so soon! On to the ever growing steam wishlist you go, game that I don't have time/money for!

sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    If I make a rogue I really want to roll bow and arrow instead of blunderbuss. Just feels wrong shooting people with firearms when there is magic around.

Might go blunderbuss if it is strictly better though, I always feel bad when not using the optimal variant of something.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yeah no guns for me, guns really dampen any fantasy setting for me. Likely a classic Paladin or Cavalier type, sword and board.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I kind of want a gun wielding Wizard, but not sure if you can even make that halfway workable. Guess I'll see!
    https://youtu.be/4cZqRzHnI8s

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    A-Puck wrote: »

Shotgun rogue?

Now I just need to check out the beard options for my Alpha Protocol "hobo with a shotgun" tribute character to be complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4pmJTX39E

Seems a bit min max. But a guy with 4 Blunderbusses is kinda badass.

Still not sure if I'll go Rogue or Barabarian...probably the Barb.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    BTW

I want to thank everyone that made this happen and contributed to it.

You good people :)

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yes. That. That is more or less what I was going to make. I was even going to make him a pirate.
    e: though I was going to use the last weapon slot for rapier and main gauche (if they have a main gauche)

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    C2B wrote: »
    BTW

ur welcome babe
    i take all the credit

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ugh, no pre-download :p

boo hiss :D

• Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    C2B wrote: »
    BTW

ur welcome babe
    i take all the credit
    Good job. Some Sawyer dude is stealing your glory though. Better take care of it.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Didn't know that this game was about to release. Was watching PC Gamer stream this on Twitch that just finished... Just cleared out some space on my SSD and I'm going to go buy and preload this on Steam shortly. Woo!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    Didn't know that this game was about to release. Was watching PC Gamer stream this on Twitch that just finished... Just cleared out some space on my SSD and I'm going to go buy and preload this on Steam shortly. Woo!

You can't! :( Or at least I didn't see the option an hour or so ago.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Bigity wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »

You can't! :( Or at least I didn't see the option an hour or so ago.

Umm Steam preload has been available for a good 10h now.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hm. I just have the 'In Your Library' thing and nothing else. I'll restart and see.

EDIT: That got it. Thanks :)

Bigity on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Preloading now, baby.

The tingling has intensified.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Dammit, I want my guidebook and campaign almanac as bedside reading tonight...

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Dammit, I want my guidebook and campaign almanac as bedside reading tonight...

I have the guide book, and it's great, but it doesn't make the waiting any easier.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb has a Quick Look posted, which I admit I wasn't expecting. Don't know how spoilery it is since I haven't finished watching.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    It looks like it won't be unlocking until well into tomorrow (US time), based on the Steam store page. Bah, I was hoping to play it at midnight. This Thursday release date is just weird.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/4cZqRzHnI8s

Yeah, see, that Wizard gets the idea. I'd just be throwing some magic with the other hand too, just in case.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    It looks like it won't be unlocking until well into tomorrow (US time), based on the Steam store page. Bah, I was hoping to play it at midnight. This Thursday release date is just weird.
    wait it's not unlocking at 9pm pacific tonight?
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    It's OK- they have time to release patch 2 to fix all the bugs with patch 1 since I have Dragon Age: Inquisition to finish. Give mods the time to come out too!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    @SanguineAngel Had a worthy candidate, hopefully the code works!

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    There really needs to be a way to add games to Steam without having the client installed.

Or maybe I should install Steam at work. Is this madness? Am I going to make a post in a week about how I got fired for playing Pillars of Eternity at work?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    There really needs to be a way to add games to Steam without having the client installed.

Or maybe I should install Steam at work. Is this madness? Am I going to make a post in a week about how I got fired for playing Pillars of Eternity at work?

It sounds like it, yes.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    I'm safe there, my Venue won't run it. Well, probably.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular

You should be able to do it from the mobile Steam app.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Darlan wrote: »
    wait it's not unlocking at 9pm pacific tonight?
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Steam is saying 18 hours left for me.

That'll be 4pm here. That kind of sucks, I was hoping to at least take a quick look at midnight.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular

You should be able to do it from the mobile Steam app.

My phone is one of those that slides out and has a keyboard with buttons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Got my Steam key! Now, to toss it into my backlog until I get a computer that can actually run it. It'll be a couple years, at least.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen